LOC Oasis Event Lion No. 11 Re-Adopt

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

LOC Oasis Event Lion No. 11 Re-Adopt

Postby Mechanic Drone » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:58 am

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Welcome Travelers (AKA Future L.O.C. Owners)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This is adopt No. 141 of Version 5 of L.O.C! To be eligible to adopt you must mark the main thread, and fill out the form below! You must fill out a form for this LoC. This community is focused around participation and just really being a part of the group. If you are not up for being active in the community, please do not apply :c
Feel free to also join our Discord!

This is a re-adopt for the Oasis Event! This lion belongs to the Oasis and has a set rank as a Oasis Merchant though the element choice is up to the individual applying (only one rare OR two uncommon). Will be judged on overall character development! She WILL take up a lion slot! SHE DOES NOT HAVE DIAMOND PUPILS JUST SLITS!

Edit(s): extra neck fluff, tusks, horns on face and back, raptor claws, 4 tail blades

Code: Select all
Username -
Name -
Gender - Female
Element(s) - Your choice!
Rank - Oasis Merchant
Personality -
History -
Extras -

Contest ends May 15th!

For any questions or relations feel free to pm me!
Last edited by Mechanic Drone on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mechanic Drone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LOC Oasis Event Lion No. 11 Re-Adopt

Postby Queen Vivane » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:04 am

*Vibrates excitedly*

Username -
Queen Chrysalis

Name -
Allura

Gender -
Female

Element(s) -
Light & Dark
Image Image

Abilites -
Blind - Both Light and Dark provide the ability to blind. Using light will cause a short sharp flash intent on blinding foes for just enough time so the user can escape or get into a better position. While darkness can cloak the area, leaving foes to rely on ears and nose alone.

Distractions - A lion with the elements of light or dark can use either one to their advantage in the form of distractions. A little flicker of light or a twitch from near the shadows will have attention snapping toward the movement. Flares of dark or light can make it seem like someone is in need of aid or has spotted the enemy.

Shadow Manipulation - With the element of darkness, a lion can direct the shadows to their will. Forming shapes and patterns to pass on messages or to play on paranoia. Shapes the shadows as they see fit, this process can only be done when there are shadows to be found.

Cover Of Darkness - Devoids the surrounding area of light, leaving everyone to rely on night vision and their other senes.

Illumination - Lights up the dark places or creates a halo of illumination around the light wielding lion.

Rank -
Oasis Merchant

"You wanna go toe to toe with me pretty boy? Korra - the legend of Korra

Personality -
A lioness with greater dreams than she can ever achieve. Allura is an incredibly proud lioness, taking great pride in the goods she sells and the amount of control she has over her elements of course. A little too proud one might add, as she is prone to being rather arrogant about some subjects. Usually about how great she is and the quality of her goods. Wicked smart though she generally tends to project herself as having a lower level of intellect than she actually has.

Never dances around a subject of conversation, simply gets straight to the point as what is the point of messing around if it's something direly important. Rather clumsy when it comes to things like friendship so tends to push others away with her arrogance and always regrets it later. Always willing to show off just how talented she is to anyone who will watch and or listen. While she got into various fights when she was a child, Allura is fully aware that violence is a complete and utter waste of her time. She prefers more silent tactics that won't leave a trace that can't be followed back to her.

Craves attention and acknowledgement from others. Hates being criticized by others and will publicly dismiss them. Though once in private will actually think about whether or not their claims have any validity. Has little to no patience for those who practically reek of desperation in regards to anything less than an emergency, ongoing or incoming.

History -

The tawny cub sat watching others around her age play with a sense of lingering anger, how could they be so disgustingly happy while she sat suffering in silence. It had been less than 2 weeks since she received the news that her mother and father were both stone cold dead. A small blend of light and dark energy swirling between the prongs of her tail giving any outward indication of her fury. How could they have left her, how dare they leave her. It was all their fault that she was now an orphan for lack of a better word, oh sure the pride would assign someone to look after her. But, they would never understand just how much she hated her mother and father for dying and leaving her alone in the world.

Most of the other cubs saw fit to stay away from the angry female but a small few wanted to poke her about it. One particular cub, a few years older than herself decided that it would be fun to become her own personal bully.

He strode toward her, that gleam of the ever-present smug look in his eyes practically boring into her.

"Come to torment me again?" Allura spat as her fur began to stand on end, mostly due to her increasing fury and partly due to the lightning element the older cub possessed. Her vision went red and she threw herself at him with a howl of fury, the tawny female had gone and done it. She'd finally snapped.

The two became a ball of raging teeth and claws, the young female paying no attention to the scent of ozone gathering in the surrounding area. Allura had just scored a delightfully satisfying hit on the other cub when the lightning struck. Her world went white and she swore she heard a scream as pain bloomed in multiple places across her body. Gradually the light faded and a faint whine of pain was all that she allowed to escape her throat. Everything hurt to some degree but Alura toughened up and gradually began to test her limbs, wincing at the spikes of pain that shot through her legs.

Her vision was slightly blurry but she could just make out a lithe winged form giving the lightning wielding cub a sharp cuff around the ear.

"You! Do you realize that you could have killed not just her but yourself as well with that stupid stunt?! What were you thinking calling down lightning?! I'll tell you, nothing. You didn't think for a single second about the consequences of your actions, you absolute idiot" the fury in his tone apparent as he berated the younger lion. "Go apologize for your foolish idiocy" he snapped and gave the cub a shove.

"Stay away from me!" came the shrill scream as the yellow-eyed female skittered backwards, slit pupils blown wide with terror. Tail lashing and fur standing on end as she kept retreating, Allura was thinking nothing other than that she wanted far away from the lightning user. Wings flared and blocked the cub from view as shadows began to whip violently around Alluras small form. They curled in around her, locking her in a safe ball of darkness where she curled up in a tight ball as tremors rocked her small form.

Strain from the day's events became too much and the tawny cub passed out, leaving the shadows to disperse without her unconscious control. Leaving her simply lying on the floor in the same tight ball.

Years passed but Alluras fear of lightning and lions who wielded it never dissipated, neither did her anger toward her parent's untimely death. She trained hard under her mentors, the scout from the day she was hit by lightning and a fierce warrior. Mastering her elements as best she could and learning to control her temper.

The lioness nudged the small sculpture away from the edge of her stall, gently moving it to a more desirable section of the pale surface before taking a few steps back to admire her handiwork. Simple carved figures and shapes of various sizes stood spread out across the stand, the light catching the few glittering precious stones adorning them and sending their colours dancing across the bazaar.

With a pleased noise, the lioness went and sat behind her stall and waited for the customers to start rolling in. A young lioness, a warrior of some sort, going by the sleek shape yet muscled shape of her body and most obviously an outsider. She browsed for a while examining the statuettes in detail until finally, she caught Allura's eye.

"Can I help you with something" she posed in her best customer friendly voice, yellow eyes focused on the other female.

"Yes, how exactly do I know that these items are of the best quality I could possibly find in this bazaar?" She questioned the Tawny merchant who merely blinked in surprise.

"Why simply ask my usual customers, I make my sculptures out of the best and only the best materials. Anything less than the best is used so I can work out a rough copy of a design before the final piece is created" Allura replied smoothly. Pleased with how she had managed to keep her cool. The other Lioness seemed to consider Allura's reply and after a few moments seemed satisfied and picked out a sculpture. One of a LOC mid-battle, their element swirling around them in a beautiful spiral and ready to be thrown at nonexistent foes. Allura accepted the tokens happily and the customer went on her way.

More customers came and went, some asking about the quality and others simply buying a sculpture or two. The last customer of the day was yet another one to send Allura's temper burning. The spiked lioness hissed quietly in displeasure, how dare yet another outsider question the quality of her goods.

"I assure you, my goods are of the finest quality one could possibly hope to find in the area" Alura practically spat through gritted teeth. She was sick and tired of these filthy outsiders and their rude questions. How dare they question her. They had no idea how long it had taken her to learn how to properly shape the materials without ruining them or injuring herself.

"There is a nagging feeling that tells me you're lying" the male spoke causing Allura to physically bristle. With a noise that was almost a growl she stood and padded stiffly around to shove her face into his.

"You wanna go toe to toe with me pretty boy?" Came the wicked snarl.

"I wouldn't recommend it! Allura may not fight much but when she actually fights? She brings her opponents down hard and fast"
called one of the merchants, causing Allura to preen under the compliment. A sneer slipped onto her face as she turned back to face the offending lion.

"We either do this my way, or you take a short walk off a long cliff" she purred, baring her teeth in a smile that was anything but sweet. Just as she finished speaking, Allura noticed a strange scent in the air. One that sent fear pooling in her stomach and her fur pricking. "You, don't you even think about coming any closer" she hissed, teeth bared as shrunk back all while the other lion stared hard in her direction, probably wondering at the extreme turn in her emotions.

Shadows sprang up, encasing the other lion in an inky cage as Allura trembled violently, edging back toward the shadows that clung to the side of her stall.

Extras -

Art - Image

Theme Song - Alive - Sia (Vocaloid cover)

Fears - Lightning (She's been deeply afraid of the stuff ever since it was used upon her as a young cub)
Last edited by Queen Vivane on Wed May 16, 2018 10:50 am, edited 25 times in total.
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cutieduckpie » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:31 am

—Marking to watch—

Good luck to y'all entering for pretty raptor gal<3
Cutieduckpie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby A̡͞B̶US̢͞E̶D̵ » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:42 am

Mark!
    HELLO
    ImageImage
    ImageImage
    I'm A̡͞B̶US̢͞E̶D̵ , feel free to call me Jay ★
    I am an artist ★ I work constantly ★
    ToyhouseMy DATumblr
A̡͞B̶US̢͞E̶D̵

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chromium » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:05 pm

Ahhh mark!
Hey there! I'm Akita_ or you can call me chromium. I doodle a bunch so don't be afraid to pm me about getting some custom art or doing an art trade with me.

Chromium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Among the Ferns -- {Lady Tuesday's Form}

Postby Lady Tuesday » Wed May 02, 2018 4:38 am

Lady Tuesday wrote:Name - Vernadiel (Ver-nuh-deal)
Name Reason - Verna means
"dweller among the ferns"
& is an anagram for "raven"
Gender - Female
Element - Death
Rank - Oasis Merchant

Personality -
Vernadiel often finds more comfort with the dead than s-
he does with the living. She has found that those who ha-
ve passed on no longer have a reason to lie or cheat. Due
to past experiences, she is very suspicious of those she is
unfamiliar with, and takes quite a while to warm up to a-
nyone. Verna, though slow to grow attached, is loyal to a
fault. She would die to protect those she cares for, occa-
sionally even for those that she cares very little for, so l-
ong as she thought them deserving of that loyalty. Thoug-
gh her tough exterior often leads others to think of Vern-
adiel as someone who hates other lions, the truth is that
she is just scared of getting hurt. As a young cub, she was
gentle and sweet, but the difficult choices she has had to
make, and the hardships she has had to face, have all led
to the creation of the lion she is today. She tends to avoi-
d difficult situations rather than just face them head on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

History -
Vernadiel was born to a prisoner of the pride on planet Z-99. However, she traveled to the oasis at a young age and became the apprentice to a Oasis merchant who taught her the tools of their trade. When she was old enough, she began to do jobs for them. Since she has the death element, she works for a bit of an assassin for hire, often avenging the dead more than the living due to her lack of trust in those who have yet to pass. Because she does not have diamond pupils and was not born in the oasis, Vernadiel can leave the oasis, and will age as normal, though she would never willingly leave. This is her home. She was treated poorly as a cub and therefore has lost trust in most strangers, never expecting kindness and never really asking for it either. She prefers to stay away.

Image Image
Image Image
Last edited by Lady Tuesday on Wed May 16, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lady Tuesday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mechanic Drone » Thu May 03, 2018 10:03 am

Reminder you have a little under 2 weeks to finish your forms! Competition ends May 15th at 11:59 pm Arizona time!
Mechanic Drone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mechanic Drone » Wed May 09, 2018 9:50 am

reminder you have a week left to finish up your forms!
Mechanic Drone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mechanic Drone » Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am

Reminder the competition ends tomorrow May 15th at 11:59pm Arizona time
Mechanic Drone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mechanic Drone » Thu May 17, 2018 3:59 am

The winner for this adopt is... Queen Chrysalis!
Congratulations! Your form was very well put together and had a strong developed character~ Hope you enjoy her!
Mechanic Drone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me