candycorn by fruitvale

Based on Click to view
Artist fruitvale [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

candycorn

Postby fruitvale » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:03 am

second entry ! a four - tailed neon thing with isolated thermal fur and no sclera . ( panther ? bear ? ferret ? who knows tbh )
fruitvale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: candycorn

Postby kiwipen » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:31 am

this is a really cute entry! if you don't mind, however, here are a few critiques ^^'
xxxxxx the entire design needs to be visible / the entire body needs to be visible! i might recommend for taller designs to rotate the canvas! if you aren't sure how, i can show you x3
xxxxxx there is too much of a visible neck on it! the poncho marks the start of their body, so while a little neck is okay, this is quite a bit too much!
xxxxxx adding onto the previous point, the neck going 'over' the poncho is a bit of a no-no qwq
xxxxxx the harsh 'hips' of the poncho look a bit too harsh and forced. the poncho should be 'drapey' and not be so form-fitting if that's what's underneath. #23 is a good example of how to do 'feminine' shapes.

this last critique is a bit nitpicky, so take it with a grain of salt, but there is, technically, no pure black in this design, and there is a requirement for it to be there. while it's sometimes okay for there to be no pure black on a poncho pal, there is a minimum requirement for pure black and/or pure white in a design and i'm not seeing it.

i'm really sorry for the wall of crits, and you need not change / discard this at all, but these are pointers to hopefully help you in the future. i really do like the concept behind this design, however!
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruitvale » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:44 am

reygankiwi wrote:this is a really cute entry! if you don't mind, however, here are a few critiques ^^'
xxxxxx the entire design needs to be visible / the entire body needs to be visible! i might recommend for taller designs to rotate the canvas! if you aren't sure how, i can show you x3
xxxxxx there is too much of a visible neck on it! the poncho marks the start of their body, so while a little neck is okay, this is quite a bit too much!
xxxxxx adding onto the previous point, the neck going 'over' the poncho is a bit of a no-no qwq
xxxxxx the harsh 'hips' of the poncho look a bit too harsh and forced. the poncho should be 'drapey' and not be so form-fitting if that's what's underneath. #23 is a good example of how to do 'feminine' shapes.

this last critique is a bit nitpicky, so take it with a grain of salt, but there is, technically, no pure black in this design, and there is a requirement for it to be there. while it's sometimes okay for there to be no pure black on a poncho pal, there is a minimum requirement for pure black and/or pure white in a design and i'm not seeing it.

i'm really sorry for the wall of crits, and you need not change / discard this at all, but these are pointers to hopefully help you in the future. i really do like the concept behind this design, however!

AA that was actually really helpful ! ! thankyou lots , i kinda went overboard with exaggerative shapes anyways hAh c : definitely helped me lots ! ! didn't know that th dark blue was a bit more dominant in the design ( curse these colorblind eyes ! ! ! ! >:3cc ) so i'm glad you pointed it out ! !
fruitvale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:45 am

@coolwhipp
Actually it wasn't the dark blue --- the color you used for the body parts, it's a dark grey that's different from the dark blue. That's what I'm talking about ^^
The dark blue is totally fine!
I hope I explained that well ;o;
Anywho, I'm glad I didn't upset you with a wall of crit ^^'
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruitvale » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:52 pm

reygankiwi wrote:@coolwhipp
Actually it wasn't the dark blue --- the color you used for the body parts, it's a dark grey that's different from the dark blue. That's what I'm talking about ^^
The dark blue is totally fine!
I hope I explained that well ;o;
Anywho, I'm glad I didn't upset you with a wall of crit ^^'

of course you didn't upset me - i always love hearing about some fixing i need done / improvements needed ! ! c : ( riP me aa , , , , but uh i guess it's kinda fixed now ? ? excited 2 make sm more though ! ! <33 )
fruitvale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me