Time spent 40 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Dragon Kalon - Kai

Postby ~Levi~ » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:38 pm

username: ~Levi~
name: Kai
story/art:

The cavern was large with jagged granite spears jutting out from the walls, softened by a thin film of moss that blanketed the ceiling and cave floor. Staggering stalagmites and terrifying stalactites struggled to meet, supporting the ceiling from collapsing and created a maze like landscape, split only by a snaking river, dark but hauntingly beautiful, shining with an unnatural glow. The air was fresh from where Kai And Pip stood frozen, silhouetted on the edge of the ravine unable to take there eyes from the view before them, but it promised to become dank and humid when they descended. Kai and Pip found that it was eerily quiet except for the un-rhythmic sound of water dripping down and echoing towards them and the whisper of a faint wind on their backs that came from the exit.

Kai swallowed nervously, breathing in the stifling scent deeply, letting it feel up his longs before breathing out slowly, then Kai fluffed up his fur in an attempt to feel braver and started by taking a step towards the passage that wound down towards the floor, before pausing to look at Pip and give him a small nod of encouragement. They had been planning this exhibition for months, to try and find the lost treasure, turning back to the front he started to descend, at first the air remained pretty fresh but slowly it became danker, and colder, making his fur puff up in an attempt to keep warm as his nerves rose. The gradient became steeper and the rock more slippery as moss had started to climb upwards, as if it too were trying to escape the darkness bellow.

When they finally reach the bottom Kai sucked in a quick breath, the stalagmites were huge, towering like fossilized trees and the stalactites hung from above as spears waiting to fall and pierce anyone unlucky enough. Looking closer Kai could see that there were fungi growing amongst the moss, creating a ghostly glow that pushed the darkness back to a vague dimness. The sound of water echoed louder now that it did before and despite the ground being made of rock it smelt earthier. Pip stayed close now, pressed against his flank providing comforting warmth in the otherwise desolate area.

They headed deeper into the cave and while it got darker thee also became more vegetation. Thick wines, as thick as ones waist hung down from the ceiling or snaked there way down columns of stone, with large cup like flowers that seemed to be iridescent released a sweet smell. Ferns had also started to appear, at first no taller than knee height, the waist height, then shoulder height, before they to towered over the two explorers creating patchwork shadows.

Finally they reached a dead end where the vegetation grew too thick even for them, and Kai and Pip were forced to span along the length look for any weaknesses and eventually they found one, where the river disappeared behind a thick veil of vines and leaves. Kai approached the edge of the river, it did not look too deep but the water was foaming, hinting at the strong currents.

“We have no choice but to keep moving forward, we can do this” Pip says softly, making Kai startle for a second. Gingerly the sunk into the water, shivering as they became drenched immediately, the water was ice cold, yanking at there fur to try and get them to trip despite how they stayed close to the edge. The two approached the veil of vines before a loud splash caused Kai to whip around only to see that Pip was submerged, Kai stuck his head under gripping Pip by the scruff, receiving a large gulp of the fresh water while doing so.

Kai continued to help pull Pip through the foliage and water, backing out through the veil, and out of the water before turning to look around in relief, before going completely still. This cavern wash bathed in golden light that came from the mountains of gold that lay on the ground, spilling out of hollows and sliding gown piles creating a tinkering noise. But it was just gold, there were sapphires, rubies, emeralds, diamonds, even rare steels and bones that had been bleached or rusted slightly over the passage of time.

There was certainly more that the few bags of gold that Pip and Kai had been expecting, a lot more. Kai glanced back to look at Pip only to see that Pip, still soaking wet, wash rushing from one pile to anther collecting gems, gold, maps and charts. Their long journey was finally paying off.

755/ 1000

[quote=Hex codes]▀ #000000
▀ #24b1b4
▀ #c77cdf
▀ #7686b6
▀ #91bbc4
▀ #7bf097
▀# d6ecdf
▀ #25b1b4
▀ #c75016
▀ #fee51c
▀ #fedd74
▀ #ffffff[/quote]
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
“A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” ― Charles Darwin
“Learn to value yourself, which means: fight for your happiness.” ― Ayn Rand
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

“Hope” is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all -

And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -
And sore must be the storm -
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm -

I’ve heard it in the chillest land -
And on the strangest Sea -
Yet - never - in Extremity,
It asked a crumb - of me.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Name: Poppy or Fenrir
Likes: Crappy fantasy books, anime, drawing, animals, Marvel and Dc lol, most music, random K-pop songs, running, talking to people (pm me if you want), sleeping and martial arts.
Note: Please be polite and respectful ^-^
~Levi~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me