Artist Karmel [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 1 minute
Drawing sessions 1
222 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Anniversary (WINNERS)

Postby Karmel » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:21 am

Happy 2nd Birthday!
Today marks a very special time for the species. We've made it through two amazing years and are still going strong each and every day. First, of all we'd like to give a big thank you to the community for sticking with us so long and those who have joined recently by continuing to show interest in our adopts. Secondly, a huge round of applause for all the staff who have helped up get this far and who continue to put out amazing work. Finally, to show our gratitude for everything, we're releasing a special Legendary adopt as well as 12 Rare adopts that focus on the theme of birthstones.

Stay tuned as all adopts start to appear under this cover!

And now introducing the main Anniversary Adopt made by the incredible high noon:

[stash link for full images]

Standard: Shine, Teeth, Claws
Common: Hair, Tail, Longer Fur
Uncommon: Ears, Pupil
Rare: Glow, Reverse Munchkinism, Goop, Colored Blood
Legendary: Multiple Tails (Three), Body Shine

This adopt is based around the theme of Kitsune, where in legend as each tail they grow they become wiser over time, a symbolism for this species as we continue to thrive with the help of our community and staff. The three tails is for the emergence into our third year as a species! The design work is also based off the secondary March birthstone of a Bloodstone, or Heliotrope. The body shine is a representation of Kintsugi which is the method of repairing broken potter with golden lacquer to create something more beautiful than before it was broken. To us, this is a symbolism of the tough times this species has faced and hard work put in by everyone to make it better than ever before.

We so hope you enjoy both this adopt and the birthstone Kalons!

This contest will be a raffle where you will fill out the form and answer small prompts.
Do not number your forms, it will be randomly generated for you.

It will close on March 30th at 11:59 PM PST.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]How is Kalons Adopts special to you:[/b]
[b]Give a shout out to a fellow community or staff member for the species:[/b] (can be more than one if you desire, and give a specific reason why you're recognizing them)

You may reserve posts and edit them up until the deadline. Users with completed forms will have their username put on a list for the random drawing.

At the end of this raffle, on March 31st, I will hold a stream for the results. There will also be special prizes drawn after the adopt is won! The results will be posted afterwards for those who could not attend the stream.

Thank you to everyone who has come with us this far, and we hope to see a lot more of you in the new year for this species <3

Cover Art by Sixbane
Last edited by Karmel on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Karmel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Anniversary (Open)

Postby Karmel » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:54 am

Posting is now open!
Karmel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

kalversary

Postby squeegi » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:57 am

username: squeegi
    name: tiān
    how is kalons adopts special to you:
    although i haven’t been here quite a while, it isn’t such a wonderful change of pace from every other forum based site I’ve been too. so many nice people, actually wanting to do kind things for one another, it’s really magical. the way the fan club is set up, how you have to reply to three people? I always love looking back to see what people replied to me and others! it’s such a nice and friendly atmosphere and it really makes me love being here. I love developing my characters alongside other people, it’s so great!! everyone isn’t so inviting and nice and really seems to care about the community and their kalons ❤️
    give a shout out to a fellow community or staff member for the species:
    i would like to say that recherché. is one of the sweetest and most helpful people I have met ever. they are so nice to me and I absolutely love chatting with them and developing our characters together. they are so friggin kind and amazing and they are a total sweetheart and I am overwhelmed with love for them 💕💕
    I also want to say that checkinder is also a great and awesome person. although I do not know them very well, (and I doubt they know me) from what I’ve seen on the discord chat they really love everyone here, and the art they do is just wonderful? and I think they are a really nice person.
    as for staff, I would like to say that takura is a really helpful and sweet person!! they answer tons of my questions and helped me understand kalons haha c”:!! they also make AWESOME art and i love it it’s back so cute and adorable?? they do an amazing job at kalons and I hope they stick around!
Last edited by squeegi on Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

x
ᴠᴇʟ / ​🇸​​🇶​​🇺​​🇪​​🇪​​🇬​​🇮
she/her | adult | artist
➤ hi! pms always open, i love to chat!
➤ love BLLK, JJK, MXTX, SCTIR
➤ sig and avatar art by me ♡
squeegi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby idyll » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:59 am

Username: Alonzo

Name: Vǫlundr

How is Kalons Adopts special to you: Kalons Adopts have been the biggest reason why I came out of my shell on CS. I used to a huge recluse here, not interacting with anyone or posting anywhere, just sort of adopting from the monthly litters. When my friend first introduced me to the species, I started to join in contests, and then I started to meet members of the community. And dear goodness, this community is full of such lovely people. Kalons are how I've made a good many of my close friends! I love talking to them all now, developing relationships with our kals and just talking about contests and everything... I love this community so much, and I'm so happy to be a part of it!!

Give a shout out to a fellow community or staff member for the species:

Inkdragon: You're absolutely wonderful and lovely and I hope you know that <33 You introduced me to this species, and you've also been my best friend for so long, and I just really appreciate you being there!! Thank you so so much, Mak!
Trollish: Your designs are so ridiculously creative and lovely! I can't get over it <3 If I remember correctly, one of your kals was the first kal I ever tried for
Sixbane: I really, really admire your persistence and bravery! You're such a wonderful person, and it's inspiring how you never give up, despite life throwing so much adversity at you. Hang in there, keep your head up! <3
Soll: I just want to thank you so, so much for talking to me and continuing to be my friend. You've been absolutely wonderful to me and I don't know how I can ever repay you. Stay strong <33
Jolteon,: You, you wonderful individual, you gifted me my first kal, my wonderful Tonje, and I don't know if I got across how excited I was but thank you again <33 you're such a sweet and giving person!
Medd: Oh goodness your designs are among my absolute favourites! I dream of the day I own a Medd kalon, I really admire them so much <3
high noon: Can I just say that your line edits got me interested in practicing line editing? I used to dread it, even when I started as an artist for another species or started making my kalon MYOs (you can probably tell how nervous I was if you look at my first MYO Fitch XD) but looking at yours and your artwork, it's so amazing, and now I have so much fun with it... I know this is a silly thing to be thanking you for but thank you so so much
Karmel: I can't imagine the patience it takes to be the owner of such a massive species, but you handle it so, so well. You're really approachable and awesome, and I really respect you for sticking with it!
Wicced!Witch: Similarly to Karmel, I have huge admiration and respect for you in running such a large and growing species. It's probably ridiculously frustrating, but you handle it so well and you're really really approachable and nice! Thank you for everything you do!
Everyone I didn't mention: You are all so so amazing!! Everyone in this community is so creative and wonderful, and I want you all to know that! Even if I didn't mention you specifically, I think you're incredible! Keep it up, loves!! <33
Last edited by idyll on Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
𝓼𝓳ó𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓷 𝓰𝓮𝓷𝓰𝓾𝓻 á 𝓵𝓪𝓷𝓭, 𝓼𝓴𝓻𝓲𝓯𝓪 í 𝓼𝓿𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓪𝓷 𝓼𝓪𝓷𝓭

┌────────────┐
My name is Dan,
and I'm a sleepy artist
with a house full of cats.

└────────────┘

𝓵𝓳óð𝓲𝓷 þí𝓷 𝓸𝓰 𝓵𝓮𝔂𝓷𝓭𝓪𝓻𝓶á𝓵𝓲𝓷 𝓶í𝓷
idyll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby witchcrafting » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:00 pm

Username:
Vagabond

Name:
Kula Anakoni

How is Kalons Adopts special to you:
They're special to me because well, I didn't think I'd make a lot of new friends after a year long Hiatus. After finding Kalons, I ended up making a few new friends, even dragging old ones into this community. This community is something else; everyone works hard and artists are so nice, and just everything about this community on CS is welcoming.

Sixbane - I always tend to compliment you a lot but honestly, it's never enough. And I just enjoy shouting you out whenever I can because honestly you're one of the best. You never tend to give up when things get rough, you take on a lot of work, and I don't think I could ever stop complimenting and talking about your art to my friends. You're one in a million, Six, and something about you is very special.
Last edited by witchcrafting on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
witchcrafting

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lemm » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:02 pm

Username: carousel.
Name: garp
How is Kalons Adopts special to you: Though I am a new member of the community, this place is awesome to me. Whether it’s the amazing designs done by artists or all of the people who compliment you on the fan club, this community is one of the nicest I’ve ever met.
mackstarr- gifted me a beautiful kal :)
sixbane- made me an incredible nursery batch
Last edited by lemm on Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
lemm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby uηsρεcifiεd ¢ryҏtiɗ » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:02 pm

oooooo res yes
she/they - infp - cryptid/fallow
toyhouse / FR /
uηsρεcifiεd ¢ryҏtiɗ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kanadensis » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:09 pm

Username: kanadensis
Name: Jora
How is Kalons Adopts special to you: Kalons are the first adoptable species I ever got into. I never could have imagined how fun and immersive being a part of the community could be, and I'm super thankful for being able to be a part of it! CS and Kalons give me a much-needed break from the stress of school and a great creative outlet as well!
Give a shout out to a fellow community or staff member for the species: heck there are so many of you ;_; gonna limit it to 3, may add more if I have time!
Madziu - Thank you so much for everything. I will always be in your debt for introducing me to kals and CS, and you're also so kind and sweet to everyone so you definitely deserve a shout out ^^ Keep developing those gorgeous kals, and I can't wait to see what you come up with next!
Discter - Only just started talking to you and ?? you're so darn creative?! I'm astounded by how well you develop your characters/worlds and tbh you inspire me more than anything. hc-ing with you is super fun and I can't wait to develop Felix and Than more ;3
mercury. - You're super chill and your art style is absolutely lovely <3 Thank you so much for Felix, and I can't wait to see more from you! Great job on kals and komos alike!
Last edited by kanadensis on Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kana/KB | She/Her xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx THcommsmy kalons
( - - - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx avatarsig )
xxxna for kalons | open: questions | closed: growth approvals, myo approvalsxxxxx
kanadensis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachycupcake525 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:09 pm

Username: Peachycupcake525
Name: Amaryllis
How is Kalons Adopts special to you: Every kalon, every breeding, every tiny little image for events and everything, even covers for unfinished work, is a work of art. The artists spend so much time and effort on creating something beautiful that we get for free. There are just so many kalons, and this has lasted for three years already! There is a lot of collaboration and community, with people giving out free stuff and roleplaying together and stuff. It's amazing! I don't have a kalon yet, but I've already seen some of the good things that kalons bring.
@Sixbane All of your art is so beautiful! Thank you so much for doing this for the community.
@high noon That legendary kalon looks like it took a lot of time and effort and it looks amazing! Thank you for making it!
peachycupcake525

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chanhee. » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:10 pm

Username: michael.

Name: ferdinand

How is Kalons Adopts special to you: well, it's the only species i can get into, for one. another thing is i've seen this species evolve from what it was back in 2016 and i'm so proud to have been a part of this community for that long.

Give a shout out to a fellow community or staff member for the species: _silentsiren_ - ryan,,, you've honestly changed my life? we haven't even known each other for very long but you've made me so happy in this little time. our nearly daily calls have kept me from doing stupid stuff and i can't thank you enough. i love you so much and thank you for being my friend. highkey crushin ngl

sentimenal_andriod - lyn,,, u blessing, you're so mature and you can talk sense into me when i'm being rlly dumb. i want to thank you for talking to me when i've done nothing to deserve your kindness. i can safely say you and ryan are my closest friends and i would give the world for you both.

kyo - one; you're an amazing human being that i so desperately want to visit again. you make me so so happy when we get the chance to talk, even though it's not much these days due to your busy schedule. two; your art, your writing, your voice, everything you do is so perfect and i genuinely enjoy everything you do. i love u

kyar - how are you my friend??? you're so good and i don't deserve you at all, yet here you are, with your amazing and adorable characters and your amazing, perfect self. shout out for being the most approachable person i've ever met.
Last edited by chanhee. on Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chanhee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me