Seedpaw Getting Jayfeather's Stick

"Seedpaw Getting Jayfeather's Stick" by Sarahkey8

Dressup entry

Seedpaw Getting Jayfeather's Stick

Postby Sarahkey8 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:09 am

(sorta a bad dressup ik but I had to make this XD)

"Help!"
Lilypaw!
Bramblestar broke into a run, crashing through the brambles, oblivious of the thorns that tore at his fur. AS he broke out of a thicket beside the edge of the floood, he spotted the half-submerged oak tree and Lilypaw thrashing desperately beside it.
Peering closer, Bramblestar realized that she was caught up in the ivy that twined around the tree, and she was being pulled underneath the water.
Seedpaw was crouching on the bank, and as Bramblestar charged toward her she straightened up and leaped in to the water. "I'll help you, Lilypaw!" "Seedpaw! No!" Bramblestar yowled.
But the young cat didn't hear him. Flailing her paws she swam towards her sister. When she reached the oak tree she dived underwater to reach Lilypaw, who had given up struggling and disappeared.
Bramblestar pushed as hard as he could, but he felt as if he was wading through mud. Reaching the nearest point of the shore to the submerged tree, he plunged into the water and swam out in a frenzy of fear. Both apprentices bobbed up for a moment, then vanished again. As Bramblestar reached the tree Lilypaw appeared alone. Bramblestar grabbed her scruff and supported her, thrasing his paws to keep them both afloat.

"Are you still trapped?" he gasped, speapkiong around the mouthgful of fur. Lilypaw shook her head. Bramblestar ajudgsed his grip on her scruff and started to swip back toward dry land, dragging the apprentice with him. She was too exhausted to swim and by the time Bramblestar hauled her out of the flood, her eyes were closed. "Lilypaw! Wake up!" he begged, shaking her. Lilypaw twitched, then rolled over and coughed up serveral moythfuls of water. "Where's Seedpaw?" she rasped. "She freeed me.. She bit through the ivy..." Bramblestar looked over his shoulder. The water around the oak tree was ruffled but there was no sign of the other apprentice. "Stay there," he ordered.

"I'll get Seedpaw." Back at the oak tree Bramblestar dived down, barely able to see in the murky water. Unseen tendrils grappled with his legs and head, and twined around one paw' he had to wrench hard to pull it free. Then he bumped into a lump of sodden fur, clamped his jaws hard on it and hauled it to the surface. Seedpaw as a dead weight, motionless and heavy as Bramblestar dragged her back to dry ground. As he laid Seedpaw beside her sister, Bramblestar heard movement from among the trees. He looked up to see Brightheart and Cinderheart break from the bushes. "We heard the yowling," Cinderheart panted. "What happened?" Brightheart said nothing, just pounced on Seedpaw and began pressing her belly with rhythmic thrusts
"I'm sorry," she whispered. "She's gone." "Oh, no, no!" Lilypaw flung herself down beside her sister. "Its all my fault! It was my idea to get the stick. I just wanted to be helpful!" "It wasn't your fault," Cinderheart told her gently. "Come with me. We'll go find your father." She urged Lilpyaw to her paws and began to lead her away. Lilypaw went with her reluctantly, looking over her should at the limp body of her sister. Horror coursed through Bramblestar as he gazed down at Seedpaw.

Its not Lilypaws fault; its mine. Why didn't I listen more carefully to Jayfeather and Leafpool? A stick that caused trouble? It should have been obvious! A sudden ywl pierced through the air and Brackenfur came hurtling through the trees. "Whats going on?" he demanded. Lilypaw broke away from Cinderheart and flung herself at the golden brown warrior.
"Its Seedpaw!" she sobbed. Brackenfur wrapped his tail around his daughter's shoulders. On trembling paws father and daughter approached Seedpaw's body and stood looking down at her. "How can I bear this?" Brackenfur asked hoarsely. "To lose her mother, and now this.."

One of the most heartbreaking scenes in Warrior Cats. Poor Brackenfur, he is such a sweet warrior, and everyone who he loves gets taken away from him. He always blames himself, like when Darkstripe poisoned Sorrelkit, he blamed himself for dropping his guard, and when Whitepaw got injured from the hare, he blamed himself for not being fast enough.
Sarahkey8

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me