Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Ridgeback Hyenas by Calibri

Artist Calibri [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 18
22 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Ridgeback Hyenas

Postby Calibri » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:32 am

:: R I D G E B A C K H Y E N A S ::
[ MAIN THREAD | FANCLUB | ARCHIVE | NURSERY | ARTIST SEARCH ]

A Ridgeback Hyena is a member of the Hyaenidae family primarily found in East Africa. Much like its cousin, the aardwolf, Ridgeback Hyenas feed on insects to sustain themselves. It is the second largest member of the Hyaenidae family, surpassed only by the spotted hyena. However, this is where the similarities between Ridgeback Hyenas and other hyenas end.

Ridgeback Hyenas exhibit a far more friendly and approachable personality compared to its cousins, allowing them to be tamed and turned into loyal housepets. They get their names from the characteristic "ridge" of fur running down their backs, but perhaps their most notable feature are their wacky colours and the "mist" excreted from openings by their ribs and on their backsides. It is believed to be caused by consuming toxic waste dumped into the waters that they drink from. This mist is in no way harmful to the hyena or those around it, and appears to be solely cosmetic.

Welcome to the official Ridgeback Hyenas page! Feel free to browse and see if any of our hyenas up for adoption peak your interest - perhaps you'd like to take one home?

:: WHAT'S NEW?

27.03.2018 - We have made some slight adjustments to the lines and revamped our various threads! Hopefully you all like this fresh new look.
    05.04.2018 - Something has come up and I haven't had the energy to design any hyenas recently. After I have sorted stuff out and I'm in a better position I promise I will make up for my lack of new adoptables. In the meantime, I rely on our lovely artists to create some wonderful designs for you all to enjoy!
Last edited by Calibri on Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:08 am, edited 73 times in total.
Calibri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby Calibri » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:33 am

:: RULES

1. Be nice to everyone - owners, non-owners, staff and other contestants!
  2. Please respect the choices of our artists. It is their job to pick the winner of the Ridgeback Hyenas they design, therefore it is up to them to pick the forms they think are the best. You can always try out for a new Ridgeback Hyena later if you don't win!
  3. If you no longer wish to keep your Ridgeback Hyena, contact me (Calibri) or the artist who designed it and we'll sort it out and have it rehomed! You may also gift your Ridgeback Hyena to another person on two conditions - 1, you have owned the hyena for more than three months, and 2, this person doesn't already own a hyena! Please notify me if you want to gift your hyena to someone else.
  4. You are not allowed to resell your hyena for profit! See the above rule for what to do if you no longer wish to keep your hyena.
  5. At the moment, you are allowed no more than 5 Ridgeback Hyenas. This will change in the future when the species gains more demand.
  6. This is a closed species, meaning only staff are allowed to create designs. This does not mean fan art of already existing Ridgeback Hyenas isn't allowed, though! It is much appreciated and encouraged that the community takes part!
  7. Keep this a nice and welcoming community! Be helpful, but no mini-modding!
Last edited by Calibri on Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:05 am, edited 23 times in total.
Calibri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff and Affiliates

:: STAFF

Calibri - Owner
"Hii! My name is Calibri. I am the creator behind this species and I keep things running (somewhat smoothly) around here. I am a student - I go to school and do stuff like any other person does. This means I may not always be available, but I will do my best no matter what to answer your questions and messages as quickly as possible. My inbox is always open - hit me up if you want to ask me a question or just want to stop for a chat! I am the least spooky person you'll ever meet ~"

Blackadder - Co-Owner
"Yo, you may call me Jean. I'm a bit of a grumpy lady from Poland tiptoeing towards a career connected to drawing since primary school. I love puns, dad jokes, my three little feather babies, coffee, singing, drawing, the list goes on. I have a HUGE crush on Latin America, mainly Aztecs, the Nahuatl language and most things modern Mexico related. I'm not as scary as I make it seem."

Joke's On You - Archivist
"Yo, I'm Joke's On You! I am your average teenager who is forced to attend school no matter how boring it is! Just kidding, I actually am quite happy in school... Not that I enjoy the homework or anything. I'm always open to chat with anyone about really anything, so don't be afraid to shoot me a PM. I don't bite... At least not all the time..."

:: GUEST ARTISTS

viixen - 1/5
    Bean_Cake - 1/5

:: AFFILIATES

Image Image Image

Shoot me a message if you wish to become affiliates!
Last edited by Calibri on Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:39 am, edited 37 times in total.
Calibri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Extras

:: SUPPORT US!

By Blackadder
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3747960][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/dafa/f/2018/085/9/3/rhs_by_t_0ra-dc702gh.png[/img][/url]

:: GIFTLINES

By Blackadder

Get in touch if you've made stamps or giftlines and want to display them here!
Last edited by Calibri on Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:40 am, edited 9 times in total.
    ██
    FEEL FREE TO CALL ME CALI !!
    cs time +2 | she/her | esfp-t | chars | nebunnies
Calibri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ridgeback Hyenas - WIP

Postby your conscience » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:00 am

:: ALSO CHECK OUT

Our ongoing artist competition!
Last edited by your conscience on Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
was a time i meant something here now i'm only in it for the oekaki
extroverted but not that comfortable talking with people only dm me if you don't do small talk i hate that send me a stupid meme instead
your conscience

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ridgeback Hyenas - Open!

Postby Calibri » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:35 am

Aaand we're officially in business! First hyena is up now ~
    ██
Calibri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arcanewilde » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:59 am

Mark I love Hyenas.
arcanewilde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Calibri » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:20 am

We are looking for an archivist! Message me for more info about what this position entails and what you will receive as a thank you for your services.

Sorted! Welcome to the team, Revali!
Last edited by Calibri on Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    ██
Calibri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NE0N-UMBR30N » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:48 am

heyo! do we have a fanclub yet?
icon art by SourdoughCrow on TH and gif by dogtoyz on TH

Neon - it/its [or any]
previous username was sylvender

nerd - kalons - UMAs
mods, victorbirdeh and i may sometimes trade
unfairly with each other :0! please don't ban us!

NE0N-UMBR30N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Calibri » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:07 am

viixen wrote:heyo! do we have a fanclub yet?

We do not have a fanclub at the moment, no! We're currently looking for someone to run it for us. If you're interested you're more than welcome to make one? ~
    ██
Calibri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me