Based on Click to view
Artist NE0N-UMBR30N [gallery]
Time spent 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Kacey Readopt (closed)

Postby NE0N-UMBR30N » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:06 pm

please go here to read the rules as well as find other readopts im hosting

This contest will be a small prompt based one, you have 400 words to tell me about someone important in their life! Why are they important? How did they meet? You may also include an extra of 1 art piece or 150 words.

Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
Extra: (optional, 1 art piece or 150 words)

This contest will end March 15th.
Last edited by NE0N-UMBR30N on Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
icon art by SourdoughCrow on TH and gif by dogtoyz on TH

Neon - it/its [or any]
previous username was sylvender

nerd - kalons - UMAs
mods, victorbirdeh and i may sometimes trade
unfairly with each other :0! please don't ban us!

NE0N-UMBR30N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kacey Readopt (open)

Postby Jochedo » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:58 am

Res ;} redemption arc for younger me lol
Jochedo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miku » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:19 pm

Username: miku
    Name: Mako
    Prompt: Her former rival and best friend, Isidore

In her youth, Mako was a very timid plumerian and she did not have many close friends. Despite not being a social butterfly, she mustered up the courage to join the local softball team. WIP

Extra: art

res
Last edited by miku on Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
not very active here, but i’ll probably be on for events
╔══════════════════════╗
she/they | pfp | sig
╚══════════════════════╝

miku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tcw » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:44 pm

mark!
she/fae
the only gifts from my lord, we're a birth and a divorce
but i've read this script and the costume fits, so i play my parts
tcw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NE0N-UMBR30N » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:03 am

Bump

Neon - it/its [or any]

nerd - kalons - UMAs

NE0N-UMBR30N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NE0N-UMBR30N » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:23 pm

This comp is being extended to March 15th!

Neon - it/its [or any]

nerd - kalons - UMAs

NE0N-UMBR30N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

chester

Postby breadstick » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:04 am

username: breadstick | name: chester | gender: male

If you were to ask Chester who his favourite person is, it might come with a swift shake of his head. Nobody. There is no person that he would describe himself to be particularly close to; in fact, he is rather known to be reclusive, limiting social interaction to the smallest of nods in the streets to the people he knows. social outings are rare, and attending gatherings even more so. It’s just how he is – and how everyone he associates with has come to expect him to be. It would be of no surprise to find out that he has no particular person of interest, nobody he considers his best friend, partner, or otherwise.

However, the answer he gives is not the whole truth. For when Chester returns to his isolated cottage, he’s greeted with enthusiastic chirping in across the house. He can only smile to himself as he closes the door behind him and makes his way over to the back room, to the toucan who resides in his house. In his mind, the bird’s name is Lee, but their means of communication are limited. Chester does not speak, and the toucan would not be able to understand him even if he could. He doesn’t think he particularly wants to communicate with him in the conventionally understood way.

Subtle nods, small nudges and expression shifts from Chester, and the chirping and flapping of Lee’s wings to indicate certain things – it’s clumsy, but they have found ways around the limitations of their friendship. From the start, from the moment Lee flew into his house, bedraggled, and refused to leave (Chester has never found the reason why), they have attempted to create a sort of mutual understanding between them. At first, it was a challenge; but the more time they spent around one another, the more they understood what certain gestures from Chester and certain squawks from Lee mean in relation to one another. It’s rough around the edges, but they get by just fine.

As a mute plumerian, Chester’s always found it difficult to communicate with others. But having found someone who wouldn’t stand a chance at understanding him even if he talked, and forging something between them regardless – it gives him comfort and reassurance that relationships can be forged out of unconventional ways of communication.

word count: 388
Last edited by breadstick on Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
breadstick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaerou » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:40 pm

Username: jolie
    Name: Zephyr
    Prompt: Due to his intimidating colors, Zephyr wasn't popular amongst others. Zephyr would typically hang out by himself in the woods, as it was one of his favorite spots- especially at night. He loved the soft humming and buzzing of the night creatures that would appear only when it's pitch-dark. He liked to be in the dark but perhaps he was just used to being invisible to others. One night, he was sitting by a small creek that trickled through the moss and rocks when he saw a glimmer of light. It was very soft and muted but he decided to inch forward. As he got closer, he saw a small colony of fireflies resting on top of lily pads. The light shining out of the firefly made Zephyr feel something that he had never felt before. It made him feel almost... seen. A small beam of light asleep in a large space of darkness.

The following week, Zephyr would visit this colony of fireflies every night. He would admire them from afar but one day he decided to reach out and try to touch one. As he stretched his arm, the closest firefly woke up startled. Unable to see Zephyr, the little firefly flew towards him, bumping into Zephyr's face. Zephyr watched in silence as the small firefly stared at him, mesmerized by Zephyr's bright blue eyes and vibrant face markings. The firefly slowly flew along Zephyr's side- fascinated by his colors. At this moment there was a connection between this tiny creature and Zephyr. Zephyr decided to stretch his paw out to touch the firefly. The curious firefly was hesitant but didn't move. The two were oddly fascinated with each other that they stared in silence. It was at this moment where the veil of darkness was lifted between them. And so there they were, a little firefly was introduced to color for the first time and a lonely boy who was often ignored by others was noticed by a little bug.

(487 words)
Last edited by kaerou on Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kaerou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:50 pm

mark !
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: chester

Postby NE0N-UMBR30N » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:14 pm

breadstick wrote:
username: breadstick | name: chester | gender: male

If you were to ask Chester who his favourite person is, it might come with a swift shake of his head. Nobody. There is no person that he would describe himself to be particularly close to; in fact, he is rather known to be reclusive, limiting social interaction to the smallest of nods in the streets to the people he knows. social outings are rare, and attending gatherings even more so. It’s just how he is – and how everyone he associates with has come to expect him to be. It would be of no surprise to find out that he has no particular person of interest, nobody he considers his best friend, partner, or otherwise.

However, the answer he gives is not the whole truth. For when Chester returns to his isolated cottage, he’s greeted with enthusiastic chirping in across the house. He can only smile to himself as he closes the door behind him and makes his way over to the back room, to the toucan who resides in his house. In his mind, the bird’s name is Lee, but their means of communication are limited. Chester does not speak, and the toucan would not be able to understand him even if he could. He doesn’t think he particularly wants to communicate with him in the conventionally understood way.

Subtle nods, small nudges and expression shifts from Chester, and the chirping and flapping of Lee’s wings to indicate certain things – it’s clumsy, but they have found ways around the limitations of their friendship. From the start, from the moment Lee flew into his house, bedraggled, and refused to leave (Chester has never found the reason why), they have attempted to create a sort of mutual understanding between them. At first, it was a challenge; but the more time they spent around one another, the more they understood what certain gestures from Chester and certain squawks from Lee mean in relation to one another. It’s rough around the edges, but they get by just fine.

As a mute plumerian, Chester’s always found it difficult to communicate with others. But having found someone who wouldn’t stand a chance at understanding him even if he talked, and forging something between them regardless – it gives him comfort and reassurance that relationships can be forged out of unconventional ways of communication.

word count: 388

Winner! I quite enjoyed both forms, so kudos to both of you honestly! Something about "bird flying into persons house and becomes close with them" was a theme I found really fun and interesting! Apologies that I don't have more to say, I can't think super well at the moment ^^;

Here is all the art, please let me know if you have a toyhou.se or let me know when it's all saved so I can delete the profile!
https://toyhou.se/788378.kacey

Neon - it/its [or any]

nerd - kalons - UMAs

NE0N-UMBR30N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me