A Short Christmas Story

"A Short Christmas Story" by frankie (dup)

Dressup entry

A Short Christmas Story

Postby frankie (dup) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:32 pm

This story takes place in Toronto, Canada. It doesn't necessarily have to be about the pet above, either! It could be a person.

ila Masson. Provider.
Wasn't it depressing, in a way? Sixteen. Provider.

It was Christmas Eve, and her little siblings were off at a friend's house.
An early Christmas present!
Or perhaps it had been a way to get them out of the house so she could pick up their gifts.
Yes, it was definitely that.

She stepped into one shop, the bells ringing as White Christmas played in the background. She hummed quietly to the song and made her way down the aisles before selecting a teddy bear.
It was soft, plush, and Cila longed to be a kid again when her father wasn't nearly as sick, and she could fall asleep clutching onto a similar bear.

She checked the price tag- not too expensive! Good. Béatrice would love it.
She made her way to another shop and picked up a pair of baby blue skates. Now Pierre could learn the things she was never able to.
On her way out, she spotted a snowglobe, and after a few moments of deliberation picked it up. She'd already bought her parent's gifts, but her father had always collected snowglobes when he was healthy. She could do it for him, now.

Sad, again.
She returned home and carefully wrapped the gifts. She headed across the street to Ms Bruce's house and got her siblings home.

Her father came downstairs after they went to bed, and naturally, Cila flipped out.
"You're too sick!"
"Merry Christmas."
His voice was so quiet and hoarse...

He passed her a coffee.
"You didn't leave the house for this, did you?"
"No. Ms Bruce is a very nice lady. She also helped the kids and I with something else."

Cila nodded slowly, confused, and downed the coffee pretty quickly.

She headed up to bed at eleven.

---

"Cila! Cila! Wake up, it's Christmas! Daddy's downstairs and Ms Bruce is here!"

Cila nodded and got out of bed.

Downstairs was a wonderful sight.

Gifts were piled in great quantity around the living room, and Cila blinked wildly.
Ms Bruce was sitting in an armchair, beaming.?
"Well, Cila? How do you like it?"

It all came to her at once, and Cila gasped, racing around the room, tossing everyone their respective gifts.
She had some too.

Ms Bruce didn't have any.
Pierre and Béatrice threw a card at her at lightning speed.
"Read it! Read it!"

She did. An Indigo gift card fell out.

Frankly, she was floored.
"Ms Bruce... I can't express... how... wow."

Her eyes twinkled.
"That's mom to you."

Yay.
Why did I write this, exactly?
Ms Bruce (Mrs Masson!) is very rich, very nice, and unfortunately, very widowed. Her husband died of the same sickness Cila's father has, but she's currently paying for his treatment and he's improving!
This is just a story, and that was just a little Where are they now? sort of deal, but I hope this made you smile! I rarely write such fluffy things...)
frankie (dup)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me