Lions of the Cosmos Adopts #126 + 127 closed by Rohan.

Based on Click to view
Artist Rohan. [gallery]
Time spent 48 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Rohan.

by Rohan.

Lions of the Cosmos Adopts #126 + 127 closed

Postby Rohan. » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:27 pm

Lions of the Cosmos Civil War
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Main Adopts | Species Info | Archives | Archive Update Forms | Nursery | Fan Club | Customs | ReVamps

DA Group | Re-Colors | Website | Gift Lines | LoC Item Redemption Thread | Bank | Contest Thread

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Welcome Travelers (AKA Future L.O.C. Owners)

And

Please post all question here or DM me! Click the picture to go to their threads where forms will be posted.
Last edited by Rohan. on Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rohan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lions of the Cosmos Adopts #126 + 127 Open

Postby Rohan. » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:29 am

127 Judgement

Alrighty thank you everyone for your patience in dealing with me on these babies ;D I am still awaiting a few judges on 126 as shes closed recently, but 127 is ready to rumble.

Without futher ado, I would like to congratulate Red Weasel!

Throughout the forms I asked for people to bring me a unique lion with an interesting and indepth character, and Oh man did you bring it. I was drawn in by the story and mission that Boreas endured. Freezing ones self to travel forward in time to help bring peace to the universe is.. something i definitely did not foresee when making these babes?
I really enjoyed the story and Boreas' personality, he turned into a fun bean to read about. I cant wait to see how he deals with the betrayal of his friend. I was hesitant as the two were rather entwined in the story, however, I could see that if Sunbear doesnt win, that Embla could become an npc or be written off as dead with how Boreas views her.
I loved how you decided to give him the items; giving them a true purpose to show proof of his mission, and his family. Quite an interesting way to go.
With your relationships, you furthered the character we began to know and gave him a network of various lions and loyalties as well as gave him a feeling for their 'modern' world. We thought perhaps not all of these relationships were necessary, but it was interesting to see what Boreas thought of the new faces he met upon awakening.

Second Place goes to StoneFly, or rather, TriggeredCanadian!
I adored reading about Balthazar, such a sweet guy with interesting quirks and beliefs. I loved the depth of character you showed via his personality and his story. The organization of the words, followed by an indepth description really allowed our judges to get a good feel for him. You got one of our judges to almost cry with you sweet yet sad story of Balthazar's unfortunate departure from his family.
I thought the heirloom effect from his family was such a sweet effect, giving them true meaning to the young cub, especially after his separation from them. It gave him a bittersweet memory I'm sure, but in the end I loved how it was presented for the young bab as a slight foreshadowing.
While I normally dont give as much a notice to the elements, I really liked your specialization with the void of Air! The implications of the effect could be so deadly for such a kind bb that it makes me curious as to what would have made him feel threatened enough to learn such a killer element.
In the end, we loved your sweet lil guy, his bittersweet story, his interactions iwth the pride and the cubs, his care for young Azmon. However, Reds out of the box story and character creation was just enough to edge you out of the first place position from our judges.
One thing that perhaps could have been left out of the form was the appearance section, as it didnt lend itself much into his story or personality. Though it was an interesting funfact for the canadian accent, We didnt feel that the information about his appearance was vital and could have been time spent in other places of the form. It didnt count against you, however it may be something to keep in mind as some of those are obvious by looking at the image of the adopt lion.
Still, I refuse to give nothing for such a wonderful form. Much like adopt 115, Im rewarding you with a set of items matching the number this lion has(10 items). Alike #115, these items are to be used together on a single lion, but can be any type of small accessory or scar you chose as long as all 10 are small items and used together.

In third place, we have Broken.

While your character was quite interesting to read about as an Angelic, the judges and I werent able to get as much of a feel for the character you were presenting due to the short personality without much depth put into it, which hurt your score quite a bit when your competitiors have given us an indepth character like Stone and Red showed.
I did adore reading over the funfacts and tidbits you included that were extras. His emotional outbursts with his element are an interesting addition and a unique feature that seemed to fit the character. I do have to question what caused his deep fear of cubs though as you say he had no interactions with other cubs, but in your story he had a younger sister. Was there perhaps more trauma assosciated with his sisters loss? Or is it odd to see something so small when hes used to full grown lions?
In your form the biggest drawback was that there wasnt much of a character, but rather a story from an outside perspective with little bits here and there about his relations and thoughts. But we didnt get to know Torbjorn as much as I wish we could have.
Another draw back was the lore of the world that didnt quite fit with the lion. In the civil war era, many of the portals have been since destroyed or been left guarded by the pride to be untouched as theyve withdrawn to deal with the domestic terrorists in the rebellion. It is very rare to find a portal that would lead to an outside world that still worked aside from z99, especially one that the pride would allow a scouting group to disapear to when the pride is in the middle of the civil war and their main concern is the rebellion. As the civil war has been ranging for upwards of 500 yrs, it would be possible that their parents could have perhaps been sent on the mission before aeons era descended into war, but it would make Torbjorn much older than what he appeared to be in your form.
Still, We enjoyed reading through you form and learning more about the planet you and nara created. The beast truely sounds a terrifying creature that would be an interesting predator to introduce lions to. Unfortunately, your form just didnt quite stand toe to toe with your competitors.

Finally we have Mythical Beast
While short, I think it worth a mention in the judgement<3 For you first form, It did pretty good! I think that with some time with the species, you could definitely get a winning form. We do recommend reading up on some of theLOC Lore and looking into the newbie guide we have to help build some confidence in writing with the species lore. But thank you so much for trying out for 127~! We wish you luck in future competitions and hope to see you around the species more often!!

For all those that applied for 126 and 127 I personally have to congratulate you all for such amazing forms, you're definitely putting my judging teams to work! ahaha Im so glad that so many liked these babes!
For those waiting on 126, I thank you so much for having patience with me and my judging group, we are working to narrow down and write a full critique for the forms with our busy schedules. I wish you all luck and hope to have a judgement for you soon!
Rohan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lions of the Cosmos Adopts #126 + 127 closed

Postby SukarettoYanagi » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:42 pm

Results of No. 126

I was asked by Rohan. to take over judging this competition as she no longer has time to do so.
I was provided with screenshots of the feedback from other staff members she had messaged for help, as well I read each form myself. In the end, I believe the decision is unanimous.

Penultima:
While your form was very nice, it did lack in understanding of the Lore. To start, there are no insects on Lochren. As well, the Rebel forces are typically quite deceptive, often flying under a false flag to exploit others to reach their goals. Don't get me wrong, there are kind and honest rebels, most simply are not. Your form held great promise, but in the end my judges and myself simply felt it didn't fit with LoC Lore. We(staff) would be more than happy to help you with any questions in the future!

NARANDA:
Your form was very nice. The concept was quiet original. My guest judges and I both thought your history was very well put together. However it was difficult to get into. It was difficult to catch a hold and be lured into reading. Reading it had to be forced. It was in unanimous agreement that it could have used better sentence structure and some deviation in beginning your sentences. When describing the character, you referred to "she" near constantly. Some suggested alternatives would be "the ruddy lioness", "the lioness", "the antlered lion", etc. Physical descriptions help add a personal touch. Do not misunderstand- your form was splendid! We simply felt it could have used some greater detail work. For your efforts and the form you created, we are awarding you with a Claim Slot. Hopefully a lion will come along in the future that will be able to fill this concept you have created.

And last but not least...

sun bear:
Your form blew us all away. It instantly drew the reader in and held the attention of our judges. The concept you erected was so original, and added another layer to the world in which they live. The uses and description you gave for Cold is very well balanced- it very nicely prevented is from becoming too powerful, which still retaining the power it so clearly is meant to possess. The change in character that was presented was a very interesting evolution, but one that seemed to come naturally through the form. You detailed your form spectacularly. The only drawback is that it does seem to rely rather heavily on her relationship with No. 127, and has Red weasel not won, surely would have harmed the development. Despite that, we all still felt your form worthy of being our winner! Congratulations on winning LoC Adopt No. 126! We look forward to seeing her around and what development she will gain.

Thank you all for your participation and we, the staff, do hope you will continue to try for other LoC and grow your forms. We look forward to seeing you all around!

6/10/13
My cat died in my arms.
Rest in peace, baby girl.

The World
Moonrats

When the dead have something to say,
not even time can shut them up.

Sometimes good things fall apart
so better things can fall together.
-Merilyn Monroe
SukarettoYanagi

My pets