Time spent 26 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by trans

☆ deerssert #407 - winner !!!

Postby mars » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:50 pm

WHAT IS A DEERSSERT?

Deerssert are a mystical, mythological species that appear in history every so often. Sightings grew sparser and sparser through the years, but now they've started to appear more and more. Here at the HQ, a centre dedicated to keeping these creatures from being hunted, we cannot foster them all-- and that's where you come in!

The simplest way to explain them? Deersserts are deer with a twist! While the specifics vary from deer to deer, they all have a few things in common. Deersserts have muscle, skin, fur and bone, but they are described as tasting like sweets. Their scent lingers so much that hides carry a fragrant scent even after death. Instead of fluffy tails, they have a pouf of whipped cream or ice cream [depending on the deer!] with some manner of fruit on top.

Size-wise, they're about the size of a border collie, but have been known to grow to the size of a horse in rare cirucmstances. [In even rarer circumstances, they have gotten bigger. This is the largest deerssert known.] Likewise, they are born as small as a full-grown rabbit, and some never progress past this size.

hey guys !! I've been trying to work with different palettes lately, so here's an 'alien' deerssert for you all inspired by a very green palette x)

fill out the form below to win !! write a short story about the deer in 1000 or less words; it can be about anything and prettying up is fine
    ends on october 7th at 9 pm est :)

Code: Select all
    [b]username:[/b]
    [b]name:[/b]
    [b]gender:[/b]
    [b]story:[/b]
Last edited by mars on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

화성 여성 레즈 감각처리장애 + 광장공포증

hi !! I'm mars, a gal with spd + agoraphobia.
I frequent the oc + adoptables side of cs.

my interests rn include genshin, skz,
learning languages, and drawing !! :3c

my cs inbox is full so please chat w/ me
on discord @ mars_v_e

나는 네가 자랑스럽다. 계속 최선을 다하거라 ♡

mars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ☆ deerssert #407 - open

Postby trans » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:11 pm

┌o───────o┐

└o───────o┘
`
`user. trans ` name. amaranthe ` gender. female ` story.

"ekko darling, i have to stir the tea or else it'll be gross when you go to drink it." amaranthe chided, though there was a small smile on her face that told the other deerssert she wasnt really upset. amaranthe shrugged off the ekko gently, and though she pouted, found a spot at the small island that divided the living room and kitchen. once the tea was finished, amaranthe placed one cup in front of ekko, and another next to where she was seated, then took her spot next to the other deerssert.

"this is nice." ekko said, after a few minutes of silence, and she felt inclined to agree, nodding her head while she sipped at her tea idly. she sat and stirred her tea idly, staring out the window of the tiny apartment, mostly uninterested in what was out there but having nothing better to do. the smell of the tea is sweet, but she knows what's inside the tiny porcelain cup is much more bitter than it appears.

kind of like herself, she feels, in a way.

others have called her secretive, reclusive, constantly paranoid over nothing; said she was too cautious, and unnecessarily snappish. she personally liked to think of herself as thoughtful; sometimes jaded; she was aware of the world and what went on in it, and she was able to look past the constant glorification and peak through the curtains to see what everyone else is blind to.

she wasnt really a nihilist either though, or so pessimistic that she couldnt see hope or happiness in anything. she's inspired by good music and good food and those montage videos that show people the world isnt so bad after all, happy to be around people with common interests, relieved to exist in the same time and place as those she has relationships with; it's all very hopeful, something she doesnt quite have herself but dont necessarily lack either.

she doesnt really understand what hope is or how to use it, and although she wants to learn, she doesnt know how to start. she thinks that's why she gives off the impression she does. not to say that's all it is, of course, she just wisesh it was easier to... to feel. to feel emotions.

to feel anything, really.

ekko helps. she helps a lot. and amaranthe appreciates and loves her so much; so, so much. but sometimes she doesnt really understand how the other is so positive, so optimistic, so hopeful. and it hurts when she hurts her feelings because she's just not as enthusiastic, not as excitable as ekko is.

but they manage. and that's all she could ask of anyone, especially ekko.

Last edited by trans on Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
they/them, adult, pms are ok!
just here for pets, oekaki, and
closed species, occasionally. ♡
xxx'''my kalon storage
trans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mango marmalade,, » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:05 pm

res !!
mango marmalade,,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firealone » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:20 pm

username:Firealone
name:Gamora(I'm sorry, I couldn't resist)
story:Res
Firealone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mars » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:29 pm

bump !! reminder that this contest ends today at 9 pm est :)

화성 여성 레즈 감각처리장애 + 광장공포증

on discord @ mars_v_e

mars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shibeboi » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:43 pm

~username~
shibeboi
~name~
Armuris
~gender~
female
~story~
shibeboi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ☆ deerssert #407 - winner !!!

Postby mars » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:03 am

in situations like this where there is only one entry, I would typically extend the competition; however, I can't picture myself choosing any other form over yours, trans !!!

you really hit every mark of what I look for in competitions, and I absolutely enjoyed reading your story. you have such a good concept written out, a beautiful sense of style in your writing, and very aesthetic coding to match. in particular, your mellow word choice flows so nicely and really sucked me into the story between amaranthe and ekko! I don't think I could ever ask for more in a completed entry, so it seemed rather pointless to extend a competition just to pick your form later on anyways xD

congratulations, I know you'll take good care of her <3

trans wrote:
┌o───────o┐

└o───────o┘
`
`user. trans ` name. amaranthe ` gender. female ` story.

"ekko darling, i have to stir the tea or else it'll be gross when you go to drink it." amaranthe chided, though there was a small smile on her face that told the other deerssert she wasnt really upset. amaranthe shrugged off the ekko gently, and though she pouted, found a spot at the small island that divided the living room and kitchen. once the tea was finished, amaranthe placed one cup in front of ekko, and another next to where she was seated, then took her spot next to the other deerssert.

"this is nice." ekko said, after a few minutes of silence, and she felt inclined to agree, nodding her head while she sipped at her tea idly. she sat and stirred her tea idly, staring out the window of the tiny apartment, mostly uninterested in what was out there but having nothing better to do. the smell of the tea is sweet, but she knows what's inside the tiny porcelain cup is much more bitter than it appears.

kind of like herself, she feels, in a way.

others have called her secretive, reclusive, constantly paranoid over nothing; said she was too cautious, and unnecessarily snappish. she personally liked to think of herself as thoughtful; sometimes jaded; she was aware of the world and what went on in it, and she was able to look past the constant glorification and peak through the curtains to see what everyone else is blind to.

she wasnt really a nihilist either though, or so pessimistic that she couldnt see hope or happiness in anything. she's inspired by good music and good food and those montage videos that show people the world isnt so bad after all, happy to be around people with common interests, relieved to exist in the same time and place as those she has relationships with; it's all very hopeful, something she doesnt quite have herself but dont necessarily lack either.

she doesnt really understand what hope is or how to use it, and although she wants to learn, she doesnt know how to start. she thinks that's why she gives off the impression she does. not to say that's all it is, of course, she just wisesh it was easier to... to feel. to feel emotions.

to feel anything, really.

ekko helps. she helps a lot. and amaranthe appreciates and loves her so much; so, so much. but sometimes she doesnt really understand how the other is so positive, so optimistic, so hopeful. and it hurts when she hurts her feelings because she's just not as enthusiastic, not as excitable as ekko is.

but they manage. and that's all she could ask of anyone, especially ekko.

화성 여성 레즈 감각처리장애 + 광장공포증

on discord @ mars_v_e

mars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trans » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:06 am

tysm !! im rlly glad you liked it ! :"D may i be added? :0
they/them, adult, pms are ok!
just here for pets, oekaki, and
closed species, occasionally. ♡
xxx'''my kalon storage
trans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mars » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:17 am

sure thing, you've been added !! <3

화성 여성 레즈 감각처리장애 + 광장공포증

on discord @ mars_v_e

mars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups