Artist off the hook [gallery]
Time spent 9 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

009 // valley

Postby off the hook » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:27 pm

-- basic information --

current name; valley, val for short.
former name; tashia, tash or shi for short.
gender; her biological gender is female, yet she is indecisive on what she wants to be considered as.
orientation; asexual
age; around fifteen.
occupation; high school student.
-- digging deeper --

short personality; val is very timid and always doubts herself. she wishes that she was a better person, even though she's already good at heart. she has anxiety issues, but doesn't like to address things that are negative like that.
backstory; val has always lived a rather normal life. she has a loving and supportive family. but that's just what she will admit. she doesn't like to think about her past. but, either way, she has a small journal where she recorded all of her events of her past.
in her journal, it describes how she feels as if she isn't right. although she has the usual piercings that are given at birth, she ran away from home at the age of thirteen, two years ago. her former parents weren't as nice as the ones who took her in. they constantly bashed her if she couldn't do a certain task in a perfect manner. it made her question everything about herself. she started to feel uncomfortable with who she was. it caused her to go into a crisis. she questioned her identity and why she was kept by her parents. the only things that would lift her spirits was bubble tea and playing music on her ukulele. she used those as a coping method, always convincing herself that if she lasts through whatever terrible thing her parents wanted her to do, she would have a nice cup of bubble tea and play songs that came from her heart. soon, her parents started to limit her. so, she stashed the tea away so it couldn't be found, and stopped playing her ukulele. but it kept getting worse and worse, too hard to describe that val didn't even write it down in her journal. it was just drawings of horrible images. she couldn't take it anymore, and decided to leave home, fearing that if she stayed she would suffer for the rest of her life. she felt nothing but despair and dread with the family she had lived with, so she packed a small bag containing her journal, some pens, a music device, and her ukulele, and ran. she didn't care about anyone she had met in her town, she just wanted to escape. and so she did. for about a month or so, she lived on the streets of a nearby city. some flyers would be hung around town, showing her face and saying that she is missing. val just tore them down as she found them. anyone who came to her about the poster would be immediately shut down. just the mention of her family "looking desperately for her" would cause her to panic. but one day, a family found her. a nice one. they offered to take her in for a while, just enough that she could recover from living in a small alley way. val wanted to be addressed as her current name, since she wanted to just drop the past.
but here's where we are now; two years later. she lives with that new family, which consists of a mother, father, and a younger brother. she has more freedom and is able to do things imperfectly without being scolded at. she wishes to forget her past, but val cannot get rid of her journal. she just doesn't want anyone to see it, so no one knows about it. but, she is happily writing songs and drinking bubble tea. as happy as she could be.

-- extra information --

favorite song; cactus in the valley
favorite tea flavor; pineapple, and it makes her little bubbles a yellow color.
hobbies; playing her songs and writing.
dream job; song writer or author.

"don't get cooked..."
    くコ:彡—————————

hey hey, call me ksusha!
    i'm a computer animator
    and professional when it
    comes to procrastinating

—————————C:。ミ
    "...stay off the hook!"
off the hook

My pets