Kalon #1127 // Space Lava (WINNERS, PG 5!) by clouds-move-on

Based on Click to view
Artist clouds-move-on [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
56 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kalon #1127 // Space Lava (WINNERS, PG 5!)

Postby clouds-move-on » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:48 am

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ᴋᴀʟᴏɴs? wrote:Kalons-- a species with soft manes and even softer hearts.

Monitored in forests across the globe for years, these animals
have recently been declared naturally tame as well as sapient.
Scientists are asking the general population to consider adopting
Kalons for further study in their capabilities of intelligence.

Their shining tails are used for identification and showing off,
which is helpful when spotting another Kalon from afar. This
association with other Kalons is why they are head-over-heels
for any shiny or colorful item that they come across!

First off I'd like to say PLEASE contact me first if you win this adopt and eventually, not connecting with it, want to trade! cx That'd be nice of you hehe, not a rule, but it'd be nice.

edits wrote:tail edit (common)
hair edit (standard)
shine edit (standard)

That aside, long time no kalon, but I have 1 uncommon design in lineup to be release soon AND I'll be working on completing a few designs I claimed on the suggestions thread gradually! This lovely was suggested last year by candystars., with the general idea of SPACE!!! Also lava lamps.

This guy will be the biological sibling to a future custom of mine because boy do love this black/neon color scheme! With that in mind, the contest will be to write a letter from far away to their brother! My kalon will be in my sci-fi future kalon universe (it has time travel though, so feel free to have him living back in time) and out traveling the galaxies whenever I happen to get my next slot to design him, so I imagine they get separated at times. Only rule is no demon themes in the story (they freak me out a lot, srry, other thing'll be ok though, just keep it cs appropriate), but the relationship between the two can be friends, enemies, whatever, but they are siblings... so no romance. ^u^

If runner ups are made they'll be apart of the fam too. Cousins, siblings, parents! Whatever. cx

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Relationship with Their Brother:[/b] (oh oh oh, use Spock as placeholder name until he has a real one c'x)
[b]A Letter From Far Away:[/b] (tell me a bit about this kalon via a letter to their brother, it has to be over 100 words but you can go up to 900 words!)
[b]1 extra of choice:[/b] (art, 2 pieces max, writing, 200 word max, if mixing, 1 art piece and 100 words, please no song playlists)

Ends on August 17th, extensions permitted if requested.

EDIT NOTE: Also they have to remain siblings, but we don't have to rp them if your not a role-player, just the basic relationship and occasional interaction are fine. c: Have fun.

Q & A, stuff will be answered here if any questions are asked.

sicknasty wrote:is there a word limit for the 'relationship' section?

Nope nope! ^u^ But try not to go overboard. cx Longer the forums, longer it takes to judge, but of course try your best. My suggestion is keep each section under 900 words.

Also because I forgot to put any info on my planned "brother" for this one, this is the basic idea.

- Sci Fi future largely inspired by (classic) Star Trek, with more time machines, but its' pretty loose.
- He (codename "Spock" until actually created) works out in space, most likely studying and exploring. For now the specifics are unknown.
- "Spock" is friendly but a loner type, usually liking quiet.
- "Spock" is most likely a bit of a geeky type, likes nature and technology both.
- "Spock" is adventurous, and dislikes staying in one place too long. Probably has a prideful touch to him.
- These are very basic as I'd like to truly develop him later/leave some things open ended so you can come up with ideas on your form!

sicknasty wrote:is it ok to write out the letter traditionally and scan it in with a transcript in case you can't read my writing?

This is fine, just do not go over word limit & if you decide to decorate it, only decorative stuff allowed are uncolored sketches or fancy letters/stationary.

This also wasn't asked, but things besides typical art and writing are allowed for the 1 extra, but if it's an "image" follow the art limits (aka, 2 gifs = 2 art pieces), and no playlists.

pebby stone. wrote:
    i have a question.
    after i wrote a really long thing, i realized that many of the things might not make sense anymore.
    for one thing, i made spock a writer and a photographer.
    i made spock a bit popular in his own little way.
    i also made spock have a father that left him, and a step-father that didn't really care for him. (the step-father is the kalon's father)
    would this be fine?

Short answer is (because this reply was longer than I thought c'x) : Yes, these are fine, but take precaution and focus more on your character than mine, despite their initial effect on each other's lives. Also for backstory you may decide, just keep its cs appropriate.

For a more in depth answer:

For the first part, my "Spock" character will be a wip, besides the info provided, until he is designed (hopefully shall be soon). Sorry for not proving the info earlier I was a bit dumb there. c': What is decided is up on front. However just because he is -spacey- does not mean yours can never have been on earth as I imagine they where born there to start with.

I would suggest leaving most things, besides their initial relationship, open ended, and use the letter to describe more what your character's doing rather than Spock- a sort of update or insight on how they communicate, but sharing memories of him is a ok. I am not discouraging it- but as for the specific "writer/photographer" thing- those in themselves are fine, but perhaps have them as a hobby (or implied to be) if they are integral to your idea? I can imagine him being interested in music, art, photography and writing, but his profession is "space explorer/scientist". This can fit in photography and writing, however, as he can totally photograph things in space and write about his studies/write sci fi novels in his spare time. (Also because this may or may not be needed, Spock is straight, so if you want to bring up anything about relationships on his side- anything from helping him get over a beak up (not saying that happened necessarily) or whatever. cx)

The popular thing is cool too, he's not exactly shy, just a bit of a loner type, but I imagine among a group they can look up to him, especially if thats' how your character views him. Know that sometimes one person can see someone as "wowo they're popular" and another, the person themselves, thinks there not, so thats' up to interpretation!

As for the family itself I have no plans whatsoever for them other than sci-fi-future scenario. They can be orphans, royals- they can love their parents or their parents can be mean- so the father left/step father idea is fine, they can be half brothers as long as they are biological siblings in some way. If you go with "mean family"/"mean relation"/"bullied", however, please do not get too extreme, all the aspects must remain cs friendly, I would suggest going by the cs rp rules found on the rp board. c:

kumquat. wrote:1 extra of choice: can I do a moodboard as art?

Thats' fine! c:

sicknasty wrote:just wondering, have you got a colour in mind for spock's neon highlight, or a particular colour that would represent his whole design?

Yep I have a palette! It's not officially finalized, but something like this? Blue would be main color, the light green might switch out for another blue or something else.

sundead wrote:i already have 131 words for the extra, but i really wanna do some art too. is it okay that it's a bit over?

Sorry, it's a bit late to change the guidelines and it wouldn't be fair! You could try cutting out some words or rephrasing, though. c:
Last edited by clouds-move-on on Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:12 am, edited 9 times in total.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby root » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:50 am

username: sundead
name: mikey
my relationship with him: mikey kind of... hates his brother. he never knew him, because he left only about a week after mikey was born. he said nothing of why, left no notes, just up and disappeared. mikey uses him as something to blame all his problems on, to take his anger out on. in reality, it's hardly spock's fault, but it would be pretty hard to get his brother to see that, after all these years.

yet, when spock replied to his message, even though it wasn't much, it made him feel just a bit better to know that he does remember him.
dear enemy:

hey.
i highly doubt you'll ever read this, space communication is kinda temperamental, but yeah.

if you opened this expecting a "hope you're doing good, love you!" then you're out of luck.
i wish you knew what you'd done to me. i don't even know if you understand the life you've left me. actually, i don't know anything about you. i don't even know why you left! maybe it's research, or maybe you've run away just like i want to. why couldn't you have taken me with you? a kit is too much work?

right after you left, mom went too. you were her prize, as if having a smart kid meant you were better than everyone else. when you were gone, she had nothing left. dad might as well have left too. he's rarely here, and when he is, he's drunk and angry. no wonder you wanted to get away. but perhaps they were great to you, and for some reason just hate my guts.

you could have been my idol. my inspiration. but now you're just my stupid enemy.

this letter isn't over. i don't know if i'll even send it. it's a vent, something to get my feelings out. not that you care about my feelings anyways.

i'll tell you about me, since you left before you got a chance to know me.
i'm mikey (bet you didn't even know that), your little brother. i'm 18, in highschool and have pretty much no friends. i'm picked on. an older brother could have changed that, huh? i'm failing most of my classes because i'm stupid. you're probably thinking, "wow am i really related to this loser?" i'm sure you don't know what i look like. consider yourself lucky, cause i'm pretty ugly.
i remember how only children always wanted siblings. i just laughed, because who would want someone like you?

bye brother.

-mikey
driving away from my feelings:

he pressed his bare paw harder against the pedal, the adrenaline rush pushing him farther. the chill blowing through the shattered windshield shook him to his core.

faster! faster! faster!
the voices in his head chanted, and he followed what they said blindly, for who better to trust than yourself?

gravel sprayed up like a fountain, pelting the sides of the flame red chevy camaro, putting the car in even worse shape as he swerved away from the road. his breaking heart brought on an uncontrollable surge of energy.

you're beyond repair. he's gone forever. he hates you.
he had kept telling himself it till he believed it.

his phone buzzed in the seat beside him.

incoming message from 'stupid brother'

the sound of screeching brakes echoed through the empty night.

Last edited by root on Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:55 pm, edited 13 times in total.
root

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1127 // Space Lava

Postby starshine, » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:51 am

Username:
Name:
Relationship with Their Brother: (oh oh oh, use Spock as placeholder name until he has a real one c'x)
A Letter From Far Away: (tell me a bit about this kalon via a letter to their brother, it has to be over 100 words but you can go up to 900 words!)
1 extra of choice: (art, 2 pieces max, writing, 200 word max, if mixing, 1 art piece and 100 words, please no song playlists)
res
starshine,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nyoovi » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:51 am

Username: atsu
Name: Kurt
Relationship with Their Brother: (oh oh oh, use Spock as placeholder name until he has a real one c'x)
A Letter From Far Away: (tell me a bit about this kalon via a letter to their brother, it has to be over 100 words but you can go up to 900 words!)
1 extra of choice: (art, 2 pieces max, writing, 200 word max, if mixing, 1 art piece and 100 words, please no song playlists)

wip :000
nyoovi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyborgishly » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:52 am

Ooo mark
this is calcutta,
bohemia is dead
cyborgishly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NE0N-UMBR30N » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:00 am

res
icon base by jako-ry on DA and sig art by booplet on TH

N30N - it/he/they
previous username was sylvender

nerd - kalons - UMAs
mods, victorbirdeh and i may sometimes trade
unfairly with each other :0! please don't ban us!

NE0N-UMBR30N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby primcval » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:01 am

so many new adopts today! i'm not complaining, though what a cool and unique idea for a contest! good job on the design too c:
    Username: astrophile.
    Name: osric (dislikes his name and prefers to be called ricky or ozzie)
    Relationship with Their Brother: best friends! ozzie is always very upset when his older brother goes on expeditions without him because they're so close, and writes to him everyday he's away! (this kinda annoys spock, but he would never say)
    A Letter From Far Away: ( 100 - 900 words )
    1 extra of choice: mayb a moodboard?? probably art
primcval ● she/her
used to be avarii ;
toyhou.se
tumblr
● on small hiatus
primcval

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby appiesauce » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:10 am

Username: Aspynn
Name: cadet
Relationship with Their Brother: cadet and spock are the closest thing to being twins, except they're not. they're brothers but they tell each other everything, they share everything, they have the same likes and dislikes and they both have a love for space !
cadet is older and more mature, but spock is right up there with him.

A Letter From Far Away:
hey Spock, it's me.
sorry i haven't written in a while, we've been busy trying to keep this station up and running. things aren't looking too good but i hope that these issues will pass with time. how's everyone doing? i really miss spending time with you guys.. things aren't the same. my mission was extended.... again. i'm really sorry i couldn't be there for your birthday, maybe we can celebrate when you get deployed ?
hold on a second, even though it won't be second for you.... really just a second for me.. but anyway i'm being called, must be another issue with the generator.. i'll finish writing when i have time.. i guess.
hey, i'm back again.. another issue with the generator, just what i thought. that dang thing keeps overheating. i over heard the capitan talking to one of the crew, they're not sure how long it'll hold on but we're receiving our next shipment in a week. that's when this letter will most likely be on it's way to you and we'll hopefully receive new parts. you want to hear something funny? well... not hear but, read something funny?... i haven't slept in 53 actually 54 hours..

i'm surprised i haven't gone crazy yet, running around trying to keep everything up and running. the only thing keeping me sane is thinking about seeing you again ! i think back to the times when we were young, building imaginary spaceships, sleeping outside looking at the stars... well, now all i have to do is look out the window. they're a lot farther then you think, they're millions and millions of light-years away ! i wish i could touch one... but if i did i'd never see you again..

well this letter seems to be getting kind of dark.. my bad...
i should probably go get something to eat from the caf.. maybe some freeze-dried strawberries? i don't know. the food here sucks that's for sure.
can't wait to here from you ! tell me everything i've missed and when your next training is.
love you,
cadet.

( letter is sent before Spock is sent into space ^^ )

1 extra of choice:
art:

Last edited by appiesauce on Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 10 times in total.
xxxImage
xxxxxxxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xx
xxxxx
aspynn | she/her | adult
xxxxxxxxtoyhou.se / sketch shop

xxxxxxxxImage
appiesauce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sicknasty » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:31 am

username: sicknasty
    name: zachary aaron (surname)
    relationship with his brother: zach is the older of the two brothers, and has always played the part of the concerned big bro to spock. while his brother travels the galaxy, he's less adventurous and prefers to stay in one place. their distance apart concerns him, though, and he worries about spock being all by himself. although he can't understand his wanderlust, zach is deeply glad that his brother is happy doing what he loves.
    as well as this, he has quite a nostalgic streak, and likes to reminisce about his childhood home and growing up with his brother. time has given these memories a rather over-positive tint, so zach tends to think of these days as more pleasant than they were - any disagreements between the brothers and times when they were less than best friends have been forgotten. for this reason, zach tends to have an idealised image of his brother, made worse by the fact they rarely see each other.
    despite this, zach truly loves his brother, and is always happy to see him. the letters they exchange frequently are one of the things that keeps him going even when his work on the terraforming platform takes a discouraging turn.
    a letter from far away:
    Hi, Spock! Day #451 on the Eoria Terraforming Platform. And day #3 since my last letter to you, whoops! I'm so sorry for the radio silence, but we've been installing the new water system in Biome Delta, and it's such time-consuming work! We finally got the pumps working late last night, and let me tell you, the sound of raindrops falling on leaves was the most beautiful thing I've heard in a long time!
    It reminded me of home, a little. The way we'd stay inside on those endless rainy afternoons and play card games, or race raindrops trickling down the window panes. I mean, not that I don't love working on Eoria (of course I do!), but I miss it sometimes. And I miss you a lot! How are you? I worry about you, travelling around all those lonely galaxies by yourself. You must come and see me soon!
    We've made so much progress since you were last here. The grasses in Biome Theta have taken root brilliantly, and the coral seeding I sent you a letter about was a success! According to our project manager, we're more than half-way through the process! It's amazing to think about. Our ideal finish date is somewhere around day #750, but that seems so far away. The milestone I'm most looking forward to is the harvest of the apple trees we planted way back on day #81! Can you imagine - the first edible produce of a brand new planet! I'll have to send you a sample.
    There's still a lot of hard work to do before harvest day though. Our next project is setting up the incubators for the first batch of insects that we're releasing to pollinate the flowers in Biome Epsilon. It's not as difficult as working on the water system, technically, but it's delicate work - my big clumsy paws aren't very suited to it, I'm afraid. I'm sure you'd be much better at it; you always loved catching bugs when we were kits. Won't you come visit me and help out?
    God, I sound so desperate. Ignore me! I just miss my little bro. You aren't lonely, are you? I worry that you are, but then again, you always preferred your own company. It's certainly not lonely on the platform! A new group of young, excited students arrived the day before yesteray to study the terraforming process and help us out, and they've been keeping us busy. It reminds me of your student days, and how excited you were to start travelling the stars.
    And now you really are! I'm so proud of you, little bro, and I'm
    glad you're doing what you love, even if you don't come and visit me anywhere near enough. No, ignore me, I know you're busy with your work, and I'm busy too! I don't want you to think I'm just rattling around and missing you. Writing letters just makes me emotional; you know how it is. And, well, I guess I'm just over-tired from what I've been up to over the past few days. But I think writing about it is a good thing! Getting your thoughts in order and all that, and don't they say diary-writing is the cheapest form of therapy? Not that this is a diary, but you get what I mean. Are you keeping a diary? Of all the things you've seen? I wouldn't be surprised if you were; remember that scrapbooking phase we went through when I was, what, 12? You were always better at keeping it up-to-date than me, as evidenced by the lateness of this letter. Sorry about that.
    Whatever you're up to, be it diary-making or scrapbooking or getting sucked into black holes for all I know, I hope you're having fun. I'll cut this letter off here, before I have to spend another twenty credits on notepaper, but I'll attach some of the pictures of our latest project for you to see! Write back soon, okay? Don't take after your hypocritical brother, who lets letters moulder for weeks but expects instant replies. I'm a bad influence, I know.
    Lots and lots and lots of love, your big bro,
      Zach xxx
      [697/900]
Last edited by sicknasty on Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:59 am, edited 9 times in total.
just not here anymore -
check out my da or add me on discord!

box - they/them or she/hers
about - my kalons - da

ImageImageImage
sicknasty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yaksha. » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:44 am

Username: caius.
    Name: dynamo.
    Relationship with Their Brother:
    Dynamo has a generally good relationship with his brother. He looks up to him and admires all of the goals he's set to accomplish. Being a bit late in the academy, Dynamo has always strived to prove himself to both Spock and their family. They have a positive relationship and Dynamo feels like he could trust him with anything, although he's currently nervous about seeing him again due to an argument right before Spock left for the great expanse above.
    A Letter From Far Away:
    Hey Spock! Just wanted to send you a message and let you know I made it! To the station, I mean. They told me you weren't here, so we'll have to catch up when you get back. If you even wanna see me that is. I thought about it and realized arguing over who ate the last piece of pie wasn't our finest moment. I feel really bad you left without us being able to resolve stuff. I miss you a lot. Space Is space everything they made it out to be? I've always wondered what it'd be like to wander through the stars. A real life game of Asteroids sounds fun too ... Okay, maybe not that, but you get the idea. Looking forwards to seeing you soon!
    p.s. [I did eat the last piece of pie. Please don't kill me! Love you!]

1 extra of choice: [145/200]
    Eyes focused into darkness, Dynamo stared out into space. His mind was a tangle of thoughts, and part of him was straining to spot his brother's ship in the distance. He knew he wouldn't but who could blame him? They'd been apart for quite a while now, and things hadn't quite ended on the best note. Dynamo missed Spock, but he also couldn't help the fear blossoming in his chest. Things had escalated a bit from "you ate my pie!" to something much darker -- they always loved you more! The argument had left a rift in his heart and when he heard Spock had already taken off, Dynamo hadn't quite been sure how to process it. As he neared the station, the nervousness in his paws continued to grow. He let out and a shaky sigh and silently hoped they could fix things once more.
Last edited by yaksha. on Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
yaksha.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me