kitty

Postby jensen ackles » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:18 am

--
--

- tupelo honey by van morrison -

username: jensen ackles

name: kitty

what does love mean to them?

"We all know love can be bittersweet, and sometimes it can do more damage than it does good. But that risk is part of what makes the thrill of love so amazing."

Kitty has always struggled with letting others in. For as long as she can remember, she's been tentative about making friends or talking to others. But as she grew, she opened herself little by little. She was growing into a selfless, kind, compassionate, friendly being who would gladly help another. And she fell in love. She fell so hopelessly in love. But not all tales of romance have happy endings. They broke her heart, and left her to rot. The sweet, loving girl Kitty was becoming quickly turned into a secluded, afraid, ghostly shell of the girl she used to be.

She moved on, and found new friends. Her greatest friend, however, began to show Kitty what it was like to love again. She coaxed Kitty out of her jail cell, and rebuilt her shattered pride. She began to teach Kitty what it was like to want to let someone into her broken heart. As opposed to guarding the door to her soul day after day, Kitty learned to entrust they key to another, and in doing so, she became free.

Now, you may have noticed that all of this had to do with love love. But that's not the only kind. Actually, being a fan of the classics, Kitty likes to categorize love into the six ancient Greek words for love - eros, the love of passion and desire, philia, the love of friendship, ludus, the playful love shared by children, agape, the selfless love for everyone, pragma, the love between two longstanding significant others, and lastly, philautia, the love of oneself. Kitty loves this system of categorization, as it allows her to make sense of the feelings she has buried for so long, and it encompasses that which many look over in love - that it isn't just about a significant other.

In this way, Kitty knows she is never without love - although she may strive to one day experience pragma, she knows that she will always have philia to keep her strong. And the stronger philia becomes, the more Kitty learns to understand philautia. Even being the dreamer she is, Kitty knows that becoming lost in her emotion could lead to disaster - for this reason, she finds solace in the realization that there are many different aspects of love, and not every one is equal. In trusting the parts, she learns to trust the whole.

"In a few words, love is feeling safe. Love is waking up and knowing all that crap life throws at you isn't as daunting as it was the day before, because someone is by your side. Love is no longer feeling like you have to allow someone in to your life. Love is opening the doors, and letting them in willingly."

one extra:

A poem, straight from Kitty's journal.

There is a difference between being alone and being lonely.

Not as stark or popular as black and white,
        but a strong variance that should be mused on.

And tho there are days where I've found myself
        walking that ever blurring line in between.

The latter is clearly that which no one craves.
        Tasting like bitter medication on the tongue
        of a sweet-toothed child.

However the former, well this state of being can be comforting.
        I am none the happier when I've stumbled onto grounds
        accompanied by nothing but worlds of my own invention.

Because somewhere bathed in moonlight yet shrouded by darkness
        Where the waves rise at the pull of their lost pale love
        and crash at the knowledge they will never reach her.

I am rejuvenated in the knowledge that alone is okay
        and lonely will pass.

Why don't we ask Kitty to describe the types of love?

eros - "This one is the love you see in fairytales!"

philia - "Think best friends! That's philia!"

ludus - "That childlike, warm feeling from when you were young!"

agape - "Truly the hardest kind of love. Think Gandhi."

pragma - "Like grandparents who understand each other like no one else!"

philautia - "A healthy, not narcissistic love of oneself!"

[ 699 / 700 ]

ImageImageImage

--
--
-
-

who are we to wonder where we're going?
who am i to tell me who i am?

call me jen | female | infp | gryffindor

plumieskalsbarnstableswmes

let's take it back and take in every moment