Based on Click to view
Artist Placebo [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 46 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

SCS Anniversary Fox Adopts #6/7: Artic Fox/Marble Fox

Postby Placebo » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:26 pm

Smug children

These two were raised together by an elderly Aidi dog to socialize them, but as they aren't related they were raised to be able to be separated; they're honestly a difficult pair since they don't listen to much of anything besides their initial handlers and that Aidi dog

The competition will be based initially on how they would adjust to life in a new home- trust me, hijinks will ensue

Prettying up and extras are allowed! For the section detailing how they'd adjust, you have unlimited words and/or art-- just add however much you think necessary to convey their struggle (or lack thereof- it's up to you!)

Both species are arctic foxes, and they're both sporting their summer coats! The left one is oddly striking due to its interesting cream patches on its face in the summer time, and the right was bred specifically to create a designer marble fox. Its eyesight is poor due to slight inbreeding.

You're welcome to work with a partner or by yourself.

--note to self; add arctic fox winter coat in morning--

Artic Fox wrote:Username: SpeednGrace
Name: Summertime Sadness // Summer
Name importance: Based off the song "Summertime Sadness"
by Lana Del Ray.

Form: xXx

Marbled Fox wrote:Username: SpeednGrace
Name: The Ice Queen // Wynter
Name importance: Based off the song "Ice Queen" by Within
Temptation.

Form: xXx
Last edited by Placebo on Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: SCS Anniversary Fox Adopts #6/7: Artic Fox/Marble Fox

Postby Spiritstar3 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:27 pm

I'm trying out for the Arctic Fox!
Username:
Spiritstar3
Name:
Arctica
How would they adjust to their new home?:
Well, seeing as Arctica is kind of shy, it seemed to be hard for her at first. The family that took her in also fosters domesticated animals, so having those dogs and cats around made her nervous. Also, seeing those large horses kind of freaked out a bit too. However, knowing that her friend is in a house just down the road seems to have made it just a bit easier on her. She also has a foster fox cub that she can look after, and he cuddles up to her at night, so that helps too.
Extras: (Optional)
Her favorite music is anime music, especially songs from Fantasy and Supernatural animes.

Arctica giggled softly, as she pawed at the other fox. The Marble fox with her huffed, perking an ear and cracking an eye open to stare at her. She flicked her ears and tail as she heard him sigh, and she huffed softly herself as she looked down at him. She sighed when he curled tighter, and she pounced on him now, tugging at an ear. With a yelp, she fell onto her back as he stood up and turned to stare at her. She blushed faintly as she looked at him, then giggled as she pawed at his nose. "Valencio, I like being with you." she said, with that soft smile of hers.
Wip for this

I'm trying out for the Marble Fox!
Username:
Spiritstar3
Name:
Valencio
He has gone to a home where they already have a dog that's got some wild blood in him, and they also have a little fox cub. That fox cub won't be sticking around, as they are only rehabilitating her to be able to send her back out into the wild. However, having a little sister type figure around seems to have brought a new light to Valencio's life. He likes to show off for her, and try and teach her to hunt and such, and so seems to have adjusted a bit faster then Arctica did. Knowing Arctica is just down the road, however, has made him happy, and caused him to try and set in here a bit easier, so he wouldn't be taken back to the shelter and be unable to see her.
His favorite band seems to be Blue Stahli, and he also likes NateWantstoBattle

I huffed as I felt that ever present small paw smack at me, er, paw at me, and perked an ear. I cracked an eye open to stare Arctica down, then sighed and felt my pelt shiver a bit, maybe there was a fly or something. I curled tighter, hearing as she now huffed, though she seemed to try and be quiet about it. I was near tempted to chuckle, but did not, and next thing I knew a weight had landed upon and my ear was being tugged, almost with force to pull it off or so I think. With a growl, I stood up and she tumbled, and I turned to stare her down a second time. I noticed her blush but tried to ignore it, as my own pelt felt a bit warm and I squeaked a bit when she pawed at my nose. I nodded, saying "Mmm...I guess I like to be with you too."
Wip for this

(I keep editing as I think of more to put in here, and I'll probably edit again to put harnesses in the extras section)

Edit:
harnesses here

(These, but brown zebra instead of black, the cheetah or whatever can stay the same)

Edit:
May or may not do the art, so if you judge this and there's no art, ignore the Wips and count these as done)
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Serenity
Good night, sweet Braveheart, we will miss you and never forget you. Fri. Apr. 8 2016
Julius went missing September 19 2022, assumed to have passed away.
My sweet angel, Storm, you were a birthday gift to me. Now, you return to heaven today- October 16 (2023)
-Canines, Cats, Horses, Tolters, SCS babs, Rukami, RWBW, Sprigons, Teacats
You are eternally screwed once Castiel turns his big blue puppy eyes on you...

Furtopia

Name: Darkness
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koegami » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:42 pm

Marking
    koe - adult | mostly inactive | only here for simas
    discord: koegami | toyhou.se: koegami / alavii-cs

RIP: [UNCLE B] 1/6/2016 || [ROCKY] 8/14/2020 || [GPA] 2/27/2021
    RIP: [THICK44] 2/13/2023 || BIGGERTON OUNCERTON] 10/19/2023 || [AKIRA TORIYAMA] 3/1/2024

THANK U & GOODBYE: [MAGGIE] 3/4/2021
koegami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfiedog3 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:56 am

Username:
Wolfiedog3
Partner! ;; Rei! -- Pine
Name:
Glacier

WORKINPROGRESS
Last edited by Wolfiedog3 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wolfiedog3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby conversett » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:51 pm

I'm trying out for the Arctic Fox!
Username: SergeantWinter
Name: Icicle "Ice Ice Baby"
How would they adjust to their new home?: wip - gets into everything and only listens to one person "mommys boy"

Wip
conversett

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby muttgirl310 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:00 pm

I'm trying out for the Arctic Fox
Username:
Name:

WIP
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit profile icon
my viscets dogons my art shop
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
Hey I am Muttgirl but feel free to
call me mutt. I own a species on
here called Dogons and am always
willing to help out whenever I can
so do not be afraid to reach out or
send me a pm. I can help a little
with adoption forms and do some
art, although it's not amazing.

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
muttgirl310

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Foxtrot. » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:00 am

Imagexxxxxxxxx

┌────────────────────────────────────────┐
          Username: SpeednGrace
          Name: Summertime Sadness // Summer
          Name importance: Based off the song "Summertime Sadness"
          by Lana Del Ray.
        └────────────────────────────────────────┘
        Personality:
        ➸ Altruistic
        Not known for being selfish, this vixen is always up for sharing whatever resource she has. Be
        it her time or something physical, she'll share it with you. Summer is also shown not to be
        greedy, covetous or materialistic. She doesn't care about physical things and will happily give
        you any of her possessions, e.g. her toys.
        ➸ Benevolent
        A kind and caring vixen, Summer loves to help others. She can be a shoulder to lean on and
        someone who will defend anyone close to her. Often the optimist she'll try and turn a bad
        situation into a good one.
        ➸ Playful
        Full of energy, this fox can run to the end of the world. She seems to be an unlimited store of
        energy and us hardly ever tired. This leads the female to getting bored easily and has to have
        many toys to keep her preoccupied. Summer loves to jump around in the snow and dig tunnels
        chasing whatever she can. You could compare her playfulness to that of a cub.
        ➸ Mischievous
        This vixen does love to trick others and play pranks on them. She finds it hilarious and continues
        to help Wynter in annoying others. She also rarely listens to commands and does what she wants
        rather than what she's told. But if she does decide to listen she'll put on a cheeky smile and do
        the job to a low standard or completely mess it up.
        ➸ Jaded
        The female can easily lack enthusiasm as she has an incredibly short patience and gets easily
        bored. She may become lazy and such like if it involves work and not having free time or playing
        games. She may often sulk and behave badly.
        ➸ Clumsy
        Summer seems to have two left feet. This vixen can't seem to do anything without walking into
        something or knocking someone over. She has managed to damage several things, including: a
        chair, her bed, several vases, multiple toys and several other things.

Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

┌────────────────────────────────────────┐
          I'm trying out for the Marble Fox
          Username: SpeednGrace
          Name: The Ice Queen // Wynter
          Name importance: Based off the song "Ice Queen" by Within
          Temptation.
        └────────────────────────────────────────┘
        Personality:
        ➸ Cantankerous
        Wynter can be a bad tempered, argumentative and uncooperative fox if she doesn't want to do
        it or doesn't like the idea or opinion. She will never back down in an argument and will never do
        what she is told. She takes "a mind of her own" to a whole different level because even if she
        knows you're right she still doesn't care and will do it her way no matter what the consequences
        are.
        ➸ Independent
        Wynter, like said above, does her own thing. She is completely independent and doesn't listen to
        anyone. She loves to do things on her own so lacks in communication skills, other than arguing,
        and teamwork skills. This leads Wynter staying out of others way most of the time and generally
        tries to avoid contact with others.
        ➸ Cautious
        Despite above, Wynter can from time to time be cautious of her own actions and that of others.
        In fact she's extremely cautious of others and will stay clear of choosing their decision. Despite
        this she trusts Summer and an aidi dog.
        ➸ Quiet
        To be truthful, Wynter, despite being argumentative, doesn't talk at all much or communicate
        in any other way. Her independence has lead her to a life of solitude and quietness. However,
        she doesn't care one bit because she loves quietness and loves to be quiet. So when she's not
        arguing she may just mumble a few words or just be plain silent.
        ➸ Hardworking
        Wynter is a hard-working female, especially if it is for something she likes to do. She can
        sometimes be classed as a workaholic because she will not stop until the work is complete to
        perfection. This level of perfection can lead her slightly to insanity.
        ➸ Energetic
        Wynter is full of energy. This female can run and run till the end of the world. She uses her
        speed to her advantage and she feels safe and at home while she runs. Luckily on the complex
        it is situated in a large mountainous region and this female can run to her heart's content.
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

12:00 pm
The pair had been transported to Moonlight Stables and to the wildlife sanctuary area of complex. Their
two cages were placed in the introduction room. The pair remained in their cages for a while, until Summer popped her
head out of her cage. The vixen proceeded to step her front paws out before darting back inside. She continued to do
this several times until she left her two front paws out of the cage. Wynter on the other hand, had not moved and had
curled into a tight ball, as if not wanting to see outside of her cage.

2:00 pm
After a couple of hours Summer plucked up enough courage to step all four paws out of her cage. The vixen looked
inquisitively around the warm wooden lodge room. The room wasn't too large, to not scare or intimidate any new
animals within in the room. Summer tip-toed a few paces away from her cage and sat down with a yawn. In this
time, Wynter had noticed her companion get out of her cage and was peaking through her tail. The marble vixen
the proceeded to slowly sit up and watch Summer and the room from her cage.

4:00 pm
Another couple of hours later, Summer was beginning to get restless while Wynter hadn't left her cage. A light blue
sparkly ball was introduced. Summer pounced on it and proceeded to roll and chuck it around. The marble vixen's
interests were triggered and the vixen hopped out of her cage. Wynter dashed over to the ball and began to play
around with Summer. The two are now beginning to adjust to their new home.
Last edited by .Foxtrot. on Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
.Foxtrot.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Almond Bark » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:24 am

Username: Almond Bark
Name: Tic
How would they adjust to their new home?: Tic will be adopted together with Tac, to assure that he won't be too lonely. There is a bunch of animals living around the area, so Tic will be making a bunch of friends, even if the majority won't be foxes. Tic is really nervous around a bunch of animals, so it was hard at first. He started slow with making friends, having been introduced to Nobellium first, since he knew how it felt. Tic and Tac will be together the entire time, so they can care for eachother when they don't want to be around the other animals. Tic is awfully shy so he spends some time outback near the pine forest to hunt some rabbits or vole.

Extras:
Tic's favorite song! vv
King and Lionheart

Username: Almond Bark
Name: Tac
How would they adjust to their new home?: Tac is probably the complete opposite of Tic. When he first arrived, he ran towards the nearest dog he saw, which was rick, running towards the car. They both sniffed each other and were immediately friends. This place was really new to Tac obviously so he followed Rick, with Tic slightly trailing behind. Tic dropped out of the chase and headed towards the barn to chill by himself. Rick Showed Tac his kennel, along with a bunch of other dogs. Tac quickly made friends at the new place, often going to visit Tac when he got a bit too excited, or nervous.

Extras:
Tac's favorite song! vv
Nightsky

╔════════════╗

Rather Inactive, so please give
me some time to reply to messages.
- - -
any pronouns
01-30

𓃡 | 𓃹 | 𓃒

╚════════════╝
Almond Bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Arctic Fox -- Pine

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:56 pm

↟I'm trying out for the Arctic Fox!↟

↟Partnered with: Wolfiedog3 (Glacier) * if their form isnt done by the time this is judged, it can be considered separate from Wolfie's form*
↟Username: ~HєуRєι~
↟Name: Pine
--↟Why?: As his species goes through winter without hibernating, hunts alone for mice and has a summer coat similar to the bark of a tree, his name is to reflect the surviving tree that grows and prospers throughout all the weather and seasons. They are hardy and have thick trunks along with odd dull brown seedpods we know as "pine cones". Aside from his appearance looking like a tree's bark, he is incredibly protective and will stand tall for those he cares for, when they seem to be threatened. However he is swayed easily when his wants are put in front of him and are easily negotiable (such as food, water, toys, friendship and other similar things), similar to that of a tree being easily swayed by the wind.
↟Gender: Male
↟How would they adjust to their new home?: We had gotten him at around 7:00 am, due to the darker atmosphere and calmer streets and had him in a larger transportation cage to help him not feel cramped. Truely, his adjust was very difficult. As any transportation of an already scared animal is usually quite a hassle, he was very tempted just to run. There were smells of cats and dogs, though mostly stale at that time, and not too many places for hiding. He was only in his transportation cage at that time, and seemed that he was overwhelmed by the smells and sights. We decided to put him in an isolated room, where no pets had been and with a large window for looking out of. There was a dog igloo bed in the corner, with a cooling pack inside to help him cool easier when summer came. We left a small grass cover with a dog pad underneath for a sort of litter box so that he could relieve himself and a set of two metal bowls that fitted into a tray that was raised at a comfortable height. After fitting some comfortable, light colored, washable fabrics in the igloo and filling the bowls with water and some food, we left him to leave when he wished and get situated.
-About an hour later we went to check on him, as we hadn't heard any distressed noises or thuds from him possibly knocking things over. We opened the door a bit, slipped through and closed it quickly to prevent an escape. He seemed to be basking in the sunspot, very odd for an arctic fox such as him, but was startled by us entering. He puffed up a bit, but didn't growl or make any defensive moves. We sat down and opened a box, full of yummy smells. Chicken breasts and livers were cut and cooked to ensure safe ingestion for the fox. We set the container between our legs and waited for him to come to us out of curiosity. He eventually chilled out (no pun intended) and slowly came towards us. He took the first piece of food and after eating, came back for more. He eventually warmed up to us, as his caretakers, and didn't mind our presence.
--↟Relationship w/ Glacier: It seemed that, despite the arctic fox's normally lonely and isolated lifestyle when grown, he very much became distressed after learning his friend Glacier was not by his side. We had been told that Glacier and Pine had originally grown up together, similar to that of litter-mates, and he would normally help Glacier when her eyesight was too bad to continue to walk around. He became almost protective of her, especially towards other animals that seemed to act like threats. He would also sometimes guide her with his calls, if she couldn't see him properly.
-Unfortunately, the day after his arrival to his new home, he became very distressed and whined and called in his room, presumably for Glacier. He would pace around the room, searching and sniffing every last part of the room until he had smelled everything at least twice. We found him whining and moping in his igloo, curled and cuddled in his fabric. He suffers from a sort of separation anxiety, that might continue with his caretaker as he grows a bond with her.
-Fortunately, after a few weeks of having him, we have moved him to a larger room with a small outside space, and repeatedly take him for walks every day. We have also decided to keep in contact with Glacier's caretaker to set up fox meetups and play dates. This may not entirely fix his separation anxiety, but make it more bearable for him to be away from her.
↟Personality: As a normal arctic fox, Pine is often alone, not wanting attention from those he doesn't know. However due to his closeness and sudden separation from one he calls his litter-mate (Glacier), he has developed a case of Separation Anxiety. While this isn't exactly a personality trait, this causes him to become more clingy towards those he trusts and forms a bond with. This aside, he will often adventure and is very curious, especially in rooms he isn't familiar with. He doesn't entirely like to hide, but in colder climates, he will cuddle under blankets and pillows, or with his caretaker or other animals that he is comfortable with. He will often protect those he forms a bond with if something seems threatening, often standing between that thing and the one bonded to him. He isn't very much of a coward, which probably means he wouldn't do well in the wild, but it does make us respect and appreciate his efforts since he is really trying to protect the ones he loves. He is cautious, however he is easily swayed into your favor when food or new mice toys are around. He will sometimes beg for them if he really wants what is in the container or in your lap. He will never outright steal the container or toys as he is still cautious of unknown human's actions, but he also respects your space if you are bonded with him.
↟Favorite Cooked Meal: Despite the fact that he doesn't know what it entirely is, his favorite meal of each week is always the cooked Chicken liver and Chicken Breasts, with frozen blue berries and cranberries. The first food we gave to train him were the Chicken Liver and Chicken Breasts, and he loves any berries we give to the dogs. So we thought it would be fun to freeze a bunch of them to keep them fresh and to make them a good treat to keep him cool. His favorites so far were the blue berries and cranberries. This is good since foxes are omnivores and need meats, fruits and veggies more in their diets to keep his systems running.
↟Favorite Music Type and Song: Pine loves anything that is played on the guitar, especially Celtic music with guitars. Some of his favorite music was mostly influenced by his caretaker's love for guitar covers along with game soundtracks with guitar in them. His favorite of the music collections so far, is The Witcher 3 - Tribute Guitar Medley. Each of the songs often lul him to sleep when he is tired enough or feed his energy when he is more hyper. Either way, his energy is effected, either lulled or hyped and his ears aren't bothered by high sounds that may irritate them due to the lulling, soft guitar.

Information comes from this special Arctic Fox informational website >> xx
Last edited by ~HєуRєι~ on Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

┌────────────────────────────┐

Hey its Rei! I have my commissions open! USD only!
I am ND and have a 9-5 job so I may be inactive
for periods of time! I'm more active on Discord (heyrei)!

└────────────────────────────┘
xxxxxxxx|c4c threadbreedingsdesign salesdesign poundsketchpage|
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx《 • meet the artist • 》
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|KeldinesReturn • A Cat ARPG|

┌────────────────────────────┐

ImagexxxxImagexxxxImage

└────────────────────────────┘
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Placebo » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:20 pm

oml guys I am really sorry about not giving an end date to this adopt like I said I would ;u; This adopt will close on August 4th at 6 am est so I'll have time to get results up on the same day! Feel free to ask for a week extension if needed<3

Also, for anyone using photobucket, I'd suggest using another image hosting site since photobucket won't show pictures on third party sites~
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me