Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Scottish Beranhunds - Hiatus by eleutheromania

Based on Click to view
Artist eleutheromania [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 40 minutes
Drawing sessions 12
107 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Scottish Beranhunds - Hiatus

Postby eleutheromania » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:20 am

Breed Information
    Scottish Beranhunds (Canis ursidae) are apex predators originating in northern Scotland. They are mainly carnivores and mostly eat deer, fish, and seals. Depending on their location they sometimes come in to contact with cattle and will prey on them. All Beranhunds are wild until captured by their handler or it is a breeding. . The breed wears a Halti. the canine equivalent of a halter.

• Lifespan 1-20 years domesticated, 1-13 in the wild.
    • Height ranges from 160 cm to 220 cm with an ideal weight ranging from 700-900 pounds.
    • Average speed is 50mph when running, 75mph when sprinting, and a normal lope at 20mph.

Thick skull structure with a light frame. Thick double coat with a standard long tail or the uncommon bear tail. Ears stand on their own at three months of age. Well muscled and sloped backs that make them idea for riding. They have curved canines and short claws that help in hunting. Their pads are usually rough to the touch. Beranhund tongues are slightly similar to that of a cat's. Average gait similar to that of a wolf though they are not as light on their paws.

Beranhunds come in many different colors, some patterns altered through the years. Some patterns have never been seen in the species, such as brindling. Other newer patterns have occurred but are rare in the species as a whole. All berans are fluffy and show thick coats though there is a legend among of people of a short-haired variation of the species. Eye colors are generally normal in the of canines, generally speaking, only blind berans tend to have the washed out eyes. Berans do not have neon bright colorations.

Beranhunds have very unique personalities, they are goofy at times but mostly almost as docile as dogs once they have formed a bond with someone. Very rarely will you hear of an attack on humans from a domesticated Beranhund. Wild Beranhunds are not known to attack unless threatened or provoked.
    Communication between one another is mostly whines, barks, and chuffing. Long distance communication is established through certain pitched howls that cannot be compared to with any other species in the canidae family. Up until a year old pups vocals are usually higher pitched and not as pleasing to the ears as adults.

Scottish Beranhunds breeding habits are very competitive with males. When there is more than one male around a female in season, these males will fight until one backs down or is killed. Once you have a male courting a female, behavior consists of rough playing and chasing that can sometimes lead to an altercation. The gestation period is 92 days. Litters usually consist of one or two pups that will stay with their mother until full maturity at two years of age. Pups are born with a smooth coat minus very fluffy ears and tails. Tail type is know by three weeks of age.

When it comes to tack, this species does not need a bit. All halters must fit properly and not hinder then beranhund from seeing, breathing, or hearing. Saddles must have at least two straps that secure it to the beranhund, underneath and the chest. Any and all designs are allowed as long as they will not hinder the animal in movement. Tack for pulling carts is also allowed. For showing purposes, the beranhund will have a thin chain collar connected to a lead. For other accessories, all are welcome.

lines © Emberwolf
backgrounds © Error
species concept and information © eleutheromania
topic art © jackkdaw on DA
Last edited by eleutheromania on Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:43 am, edited 37 times in total.
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:20 am

ownership limit is based upon levels.
      You are allowed to gift beranhund pups to other users if they are a level 1 or higher.
      Accessories can be added but must follow species guidelines on tack, harnesses etc.
      This is an interactive species, role playing you and your canine is highly encouraged.
      You do not have to level to keep your beranhund, though if you want more it is required.

This is a closed species, you cannot make your own or breed them with other species.
      Your username cannot be the name of the handler.
      They cannot be any sexuality but hetero as the species is as realistic as possible.
      They cannot be depicted as anthros
      You may no sell or trade your canines.
      Do not ask for a staff position or harass the staff.
      Do not edit the species lines unless you have permission from myself, this includes adding scars if they are not present in the original design. You are allowed to add accessories
      08.18.19. If you do not claim your founder in a week, it will be put up for adoption
        -- Note: If within that week you are inactive on CS, another week will be allowed per your last time ac
        tive on the site/last active post.

Customs and HM wrote:Customs will be given out as the artists see fit along with honorable mentions.

----- Full customs will be available to be bought or won at a later date.

• 10 honorable mentions = custom with two gene picks
      • 20 honorable mentions = custom with four gene picks and phenotype.

Strikes and Bans wrote:You will get three warnings before your first strike. Once you have three strikes you will be banned from the species. You will no longer be able to breed your beranhund, adopt, and participate in events but you will still be able to post on all topics.

Strikes
      > none

Bans
      > none

Basics all forms should include wrote:
      Code: Select all
      [center][quote][size=150][b][color=#00BFFF]Breed Information[/color][/b][/size]
      [size=85]Scottish Beranhunds ([i]Canis ursidae[/i]) are apex predators originating in northern Scotland. They are mainly carnivores and mostly eat deer, fish, and seals. Depending on their location they sometimes come in to contact with cattle and will prey on them. [b][color=#FF0000]All Beranhunds are wild until captured by their handler or it is a breeding. [/color][/b]. The breed wears a Halti. the canine equivalent of a halter. [/size]

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=4134992#p126215151]ARCHIVE[/url] ||  [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=3495656&p=110298449#p110297113]Genetics[/url]  || [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3518758]Nursery[/url] || [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=3492317&p=110216670#p110216660]Fanclub[/url] || [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=3492731&p=110227787#p110227787]Artist Center[/url]
      [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=3490401]WORLD BUILDING[/url] || [url=https://discord.gg/y33DN4w]DISCORD[/url][/quote]

To adopt a Beranhund, you must be a level 1 or higher. If you are not, you can apply as long as
      you do not have a founder dog/founder dog form posted.

Contest Details Here.
      End Date:[/center]

[size=85][list][list][b]Username;[/b]
      [b]Handler's Name;[/b]
      [b]Kennel;[/b]
      [b]Beran Name;[/b]
      [b]Sex;[/b]
      [b]Age;[/b] ( always preset by artist )
      [b]Phenotype;[/b]
      [b]Genotype;[/b]
      [b]Lineage[/b]
      [color=transparent]------------------------------------------[/color] SSS: Foundation
      [color=transparent]-----------------[/color] SS: Foundation
      [color=transparent]------------------------------------------[/color] SSD: Foundation
      Sire: Foundation
      [color=transparent]------------------------------------------[/color] SDS: Foundation
      [color=transparent]-----------------[/color] SD: Foundation
      [color=transparent]-------------------------------------------[/color] SDD: Foundation

[color=transparent]------------------------------------------[/color] DSS: Foundation
      [color=transparent]-----------------[/color] DS: Foundation
      [color=transparent]------------------------------------------[/color] DSD: Foundation
      Dam: Foundation
      [color=transparent]------------------------------------------[/color] DDS: Foundation
      [color=transparent]-----------------[/color] DD: Foundation
      [color=transparent]------------------------------------------[/color] DDD: Foundation[/size][/list][/list]
Last edited by eleutheromania on Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:50 am, edited 14 times in total.
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:21 am

OWNER
  • Eleutheromania
CO-OWNER

ARTISTS
  • emberwolf
  • error
  • Schainukan

GAs
  • Sandy Hoofprints
  • paradise,

MODERATORS

Former Staff
  • ezai
  • dia
  • -Undyne-
  • Krycifer
  • toastedtea
  • ~Soul~
Last edited by eleutheromania on Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:15 am, edited 11 times in total.
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:22 am

The Levels

level 0 [ allowed 1 beran ]
    - create a kennel
    - create your handler
    - tame a beranhund
    - write or draw how your handler tamed their beranhund. [ 200 words ]

level 1 [ allowed 2 berans ]
    - create a personality for your handler [ 100 words ]
    - create a personality for your beran [ 100 words ]
    - write or draw about how your beran reacted to the saddle. [ 200 words ]

level 2 [ allowed 2 berans ]
    - create a history for your beran [ 100 words ]
    - describe your kennel set up [100 words ]
    - write or draw about your beran's first ride with its handler [ 200 words ]

level 3
    - create a history for your handler [ 100 words ]
    - create a toy for your beran [ must be colored ]
    - write or draw about your beran's first hunt with their handler [ 200 words ]

level 4 [ allowed 5 berans ]
    - give at least two berans a personality and history [ 100 words each ]
    - describe your beran's favorite snack [ 50 words ]
    - write or draw about beran's first race [ 200 words ]

level 5
    - describe your handler and beran's relationship [ 100 words ]
    - describe the area surrounding your kennel [ 150 words ]
    - write or draw about your handler teaching your beran a trick [ 200 words ]

level 6 [ allowed 10 berans ]
    - describe your beran's relationship with other berans [ 100 words ]
    - write or draw about two of your beran's hunting together [ 200 words ]
    - write or draw about your handler showing your beran in conformation [ 200 words ]

level 6+ [can own one additional beran per level up. ]
    - write or draw a scene of your choice. [ 300 words ]
    - write or draw about your beran competing in an event [ 300 words ]
    - write or draw about your beran getting into some mischief [ 300 words ]
Last edited by eleutheromania on Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:22 am

GETTING STARTED

Founder Dogs - OPEN
    You are only allowed one founder dog and can only request one if you do not
    own any berans. If you do not want a founder, you can attempt to tame a normal adopt
    instead. Founders are completely free.
    Code: Select all
    [size=150]Founder Dog[/size]
    [b]Username;[/b]
    [b]Beran Sex;[/b]
    [b]Coat colors you would like to see;[/b]
    [b]Markings you would like to see;[/b]
    [b]Any scars;[/b] [ please describe where, dont just say yes ]
    [b]Halti color[/b];
Last edited by eleutheromania on Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:11 am, edited 8 times in total.
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Scottish Bearhunds - Posting Open

Postby ilya » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:58 am

mark, these are lovely ^^
mostly on fr
customs
th / ilya 0138
ilya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby root » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:18 am

mark!!
x
01001010 JACK 01000001 SHE/IT/HE 01000011 ADULT 01001011
root

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Scottish Bearhunds - Posting Open

Postby PuppygirlWillow » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:21 am

Marking also! Love the lineart! Excited for these beauties!
PuppygirlWillow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Scottish Beranhunds - Posting Open

Postby Aeryn » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:29 am

oo mark
━━━━━━━━━