Wild Horses of Wyoming ( New, Accepting any Literacy)

For roleplaying regular/real-world species with real-world limitations, e.g. cats, dogs, wolves, lions, bears.

Wild Horses of Wyoming ( New, Accepting any Literacy)

Postby Lady_Lycana » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:06 pm

Wyoming where there are clear, blue skies, open meadows and beautiful mountains. The sun shining down. Thunder is heard but not from the sky. It is the sound of hooves pounding the earth as they run across the plains, wild and free. They run to stay alive and free. The beautiful creature that so many want but can never tame. They are wild horses, running across the western plains. They are consider the spirit of the west. Some say untamable and wild. Others say they are like a ghost. One minute there and the next gone.

You have a choice. Run in a herd to protect yourself from those that want to break you and use you or run alone and fall victim to humans, Ranchers and predators. What choice will you make?

Credit goes to this site

Index

Rules
Horse Facts
Forms
Current Horses And Herds
Quotes from Flicka
Last edited by Lady_Lycana on Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Join my giveaways!
Lycana's Giveaways - April 2009 Very Rare
══════════════════════
Image/ Lycana / She/Her / Libra / Image

I see the gutter,
Feed on the foolish,
Outrun and kill the strong.
At daybreak, I roam,
Awake to who follows me.
I roam, I roam,
I am the hungry wolf.
(By: John Doe & Exene Cervenka)
©

Image/ Name / Pronoun / Image
══════════════════════
Lady_Lycana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Horse Facts = Do Not Post

Postby Lady_Lycana » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:06 pm

Credit for These Goes to Chemical--

1. a herd of horses is also known as a band or a harem; a band consists of 2-20 mares, their foals/yearlings, and a single stallion. often times younger bachelors will shadow a larger herd, either just to observe and learn, or to try an mate with/steal mares from the stallion when he is not looking. some stallions will allow younger males to shadow their herds, though if they are caught trying to mate/steal any of his mares they will be chased off.

2. the dominant stallion is not actually in control of the herd, contrary to popular belief. he does not lead the herd to new locations, and he does not control the mares' within his herd. the dominant stallions' job is to protect the herd; to keep them away from predators, humans, and rival stallions. if danger arises he may try to attack a predator or lone human, though if it is, say, a group of wolves or a group of humans/much older stallion, he will attempt to snake the herd away from danger. a band stallion breeds with all his mares, and chases out any colts by the age of two-three, and any fillies by their first heat cycle to prevent inbreeding. a stallion will rarely accept another stallions' colts; he will often kill the colt or chase it away from his herd, however fillies will be seen as an investment, for when they grow they can produce him foals as well. once colts are about a year old, their father will begin to show them how to fight and snake, though ultimately have little time and emotions to spare for any of their foals. when the lead mare decides to move the herd, the dominant stallion will sweep around the sides and back of the herd in a constant motion, keeping the mares and foals in a tight group behind the lead mare as they move. if a dominant stallion is challenged by another stallion, there will be a short fight in which both males will scream, bite, and kick at each other, however they don't cause major injuries to one another- they will draw blood perhaps, but no really bad wounds. after a few minutes, one stallion will give up, and the loser will forfeit his entire herd, giving it to the winning stallion. during winter, stallions' are calmer, saving energy to look for food and such. they generally ignore each other, letting rival stallions and herds go in peace, however they will fight over the better grazing locations and un-frozen water sources.

3. the lead mare. the dominant mare. she is the boss- what she says goes, it is her herd. the lead mare is never just the stallions' favorite- the lead mare is the oldest, wisest, and most dominant mare in the herd. the dominant mare takes the herd to new meadows and water sources, takes lead during any kind of movement- be it running from danger or just moving to new grazing locations. she is the most respected horse out of the herd, and gets what she wants when she wants. the lead mare position is claimed through establishing a dominance hierarchy - through challenging the other mares and making yourself lead. mares do not get violent, however. their fights do not last very long- they nip and squeal at each other until, after a short time, one backs down. usually the younger horse. if another mare, foal, or yearling in the herd is being annoying/troublesome/disrespectful, the lead mare will chase said horse out of the herd. they will have to linger on the edge of the herd until the lead mare decides to them back in, and if she does not, they will be snaked away by the lead. the stallion has no say in this- if the lead decides to remove a horse from the herd, he must let her. the lead mare may also snake the stallion himself out of the herd if he is incapable, inexperienced, cocky, or disrespectful- he will not be allowed back into the herd unless the lead mare decides to bring him back. if she does not, the lead mare will chase the stallion away and take the herd to find a new stallion by calling out to nearby stallions. the band stallion may try to fight for his herd back, but if he loses, that's that.

4. snaking. mares do not get upset just because a stallion snaked them; they may be a bit grumpy about being disturbed in such a manner, but will calm down quickly. the act of snaking is when a horse lowers their head and neck, pinning their ears back, and nips at another horses' heels/haunches/back legs to drive them in the direction they want the horse to go. when stallions snake mares into their herds, the mare may protest and run for a short time, but unless the stallion is six years or younger, will give up rather quickly and go where the stallion directs.

5. a bachelor band is a group of stallions without any mares; they group up to survive winter, and the older stallions of the bunch will often help teach the younger stallions to fight/snake/keep a herd. a bachelor band works much like a normal herd- there is a stallion who is older than the rest who leads the bunch, and the rest just follow as if he were their lead mare.

6. the mare reproductive cycle is pretty straight forward- once pregnant, a mare will carry her foal for 11 months, until full-term, then depart from the herd to give birth. the herd will wait for her to return, generally it only takes a few hours. normally just one foal is born; twins are rare, and if twins are born, it is unlikely that all three horses will survive. mares allow their foals to nurse for up to a year, though generally wean them at about six months.

the estrous cycle - 'heat', occurs roughly every 20-22 days, and lasts for just a few days, at which point they cycle through four stages of heat. during winter, mares do not go into heat at all. after giving birth, a mare will go back into her heat cycle one to two weeks after the birth, allowing her to be covered again.
stage one - the mare is uninterested and will not allow a stallion to cover her, though will probably still join a herd without much trouble.
stage two - the mare is still pretty uninterested and will not breed, though will not protest as much to joining a herd.
stage three - the mare is growing interested in the stallion, and might allow him to cover her. she will a join a herd without trouble.
stage four - the mare is very interested in the stallion, and will always accept being covered, no matter who the stallion is, even if it isn't her band stallion. she is desperate.

7// oftentimes a group of young bachelors will gang up on a band stallion and attempt to steal his herd- if they succeed, which they almost never will, the stallions will fight among themselves until just one is left, and that stallion with become the new dominant stallion. the others stallions may decide to trail the herd to try again. if the lead mare does not like the wining stallion[she thinks he is too young/cocky/rude, ect.] she will chase him out and call for an older stallion to come and take the herd.
Last edited by Lady_Lycana on Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Join my giveaways!
══════════════════════

I see the gutter,
Feed on the foolish,
At daybreak, I roam,
Awake to who follows me.
I roam, I roam,
I am the hungry wolf.
©

══════════════════════
Lady_Lycana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules = Do Not Post

Postby Lady_Lycana » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:07 pm

1. I would appreciate if you didn't join without the intention to rp. that is how most of my rps die

2. Please no power playing or god modding

3. Be nice. you will get three strikes before being kicked from the rp

4. Keep things real.

5. Any literacy is allowed

6. Give recaps to anyone who asks for one

7. Only I or a mod can change the seasons

8. when talking out of character, use these (( ))

9. every member that makes two mares, must make a stallion

10. All Of Tess's Rules Apply

11. Keep genders even if you can. No limit on horses

Season: Summer
Last edited by Lady_Lycana on Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join my giveaways!
══════════════════════

I see the gutter,
Feed on the foolish,
At daybreak, I roam,
Awake to who follows me.
I roam, I roam,
I am the hungry wolf.
©

══════════════════════
Lady_Lycana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Forms = Do Not Post

Postby Lady_Lycana » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:10 pm

Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
Breed:
Looks or pic:
Personality:
History:
Height:
Sire:
Dam:
Foals:
Heat status:
Herd:

Please post your forms to the discussion threaD
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=2687854

my mare

Username: Lady_Lycana
name: tsuki
breed: mustang
looks: chestnut mare with one blue eye
Personality: quiet and kind. She is sweet and helpful but does not like being pushed around and will assert herself if need be
history: she has gone through rough times since her herd was captured and she escaped. Since then she has been on her own, struggling in this cruel harsh world
Height 15.3 hh
sire:unknown
dam: unknown
Foals: none

My Stallion

Username: Lady_Lycana
Name: Shura
Personality: loves to run, is kind and gentle but can be cruel when challenged. He doesnt like other stallions much but its respecting and willing to help others. He can be deceiving and uses it to his advantge
History: was kicked from his herd at the age of two after his father was killed by a rival stallion. He has been wandering and searching for mares to start his own but has lost each mare
Height: 17.3 hh
Foals: none
Heat: no
Herd: currently wandering

On the outside
He is a large black and white Clydesdale mustang mix. His mane and tail are exceedingly long. Has a large scar on the bare side of his neck from a mountain lion attack

Cant post pics right now
Last edited by Lady_Lycana on Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join my giveaways!
══════════════════════

I see the gutter,
Feed on the foolish,
At daybreak, I roam,
Awake to who follows me.
I roam, I roam,
I am the hungry wolf.
©

══════════════════════
Lady_Lycana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Current Horses and Herds = Do Not Post

Postby Lady_Lycana » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:12 pm

Bachelors

Shura > Clydesdale + Mustang > Stallion > Age: 3 > Lady_Lycana
Kuroshura "Kuro" > Clydesdale + Mustang > Stallion > Age: 7 > Lord_Syranus
Titan > Paint > Stallion > Age 9 > Clique.
Burr > Murgese > Stallion > Age 3 > Clique.
Washington > Shire > Stallion > Age 11 > Clique.
Saber > Kiger > Stallion > Age 8 > Knives.
Heaven's Archangel "Gabe or Gabriel" > Perchon cross > Stallion > Age: 8 > Wildwolf13
Caesar > Tennessee Walker > Stallion > Age 2 > Winner10111

Mares

Tsuki > Mare > Age: 5 > Lady_Lycana
Gin no mangetsu "Silver Moon" > Clydesdale + Mustang > Mare > Age: 5 > Lord_Syranus
Denali > QH X Mustang > Mare > Age 6 > Knives.
Vitanah > Quarter Horse > Mare > Age 10 > Knives.
Magarita > Austrailian Stock Horse > Mare > Age 7 > Clique.
Heart's Luck "Piper" > buckskin > Mare > Age: 6 > wildwolf13
Rose Petals "Rosemary" > Paint > Mare > Age: 7 > wildwolf13
Beauty > Gypsy Vanner > Mare >Age 5 > Winner10111

Foals

Herds

Shura X Rosemary
Gabe X Tsuki
Reserved
Reserved
Reserved
Last edited by Lady_Lycana on Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Join my giveaways!
══════════════════════

I see the gutter,
Feed on the foolish,
At daybreak, I roam,
Awake to who follows me.
I roam, I roam,
I am the hungry wolf.
©

══════════════════════
Lady_Lycana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Members = Do Not Post

Postby Lady_Lycana » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:24 pm

1. Lady_Lycana (Owner and Mod)
2. Knives
3. Clique.
5. Wildwolf13 (mod)
6. Lord_Syranus (mod)
Join my giveaways!
══════════════════════

I see the gutter,
Feed on the foolish,
At daybreak, I roam,
Awake to who follows me.
I roam, I roam,
I am the hungry wolf.
©

══════════════════════
Lady_Lycana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Quotes from Flicka = Do Not Post

Postby Lady_Lycana » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:39 pm

Credit to the Owners of the movie Flicka and this site

Katherine "Katie" McLoughlin: The stories we hear about how the West was won are all lies. The history of the West was written by the horse. Wherever a settler left his footprint there was a hoof print beside it. Men came further and further west to stake their claim on the great American wilderness. But they encountered a strength that couldn't be tamed - wild horses. Mustangs. The settlers called them parasites that would strip the land and starve their own herds. They couldn't domesticate them so they destroyed them. Isolated and hungry, they were on their way to disappearing from the face of the earth. Sometimes when the light disappears an afterimage remains - just for a second. Mustangs are an afterimage of the West, no better then ghosts, hardly there at all. No one really wants them, not ranchers, not city people - that's their destiny. Let them disappear once and for all, along with all the other misfits, loners, and relics of a wilderness no one cares about anymore. Lucky for us a few mustangs survived, hidden away in the mountains. We need to protect them, for they are the hope of some kind of living memory of what the promise of America used to be - and could be again. I believe there is a force in this world that lives beneath the surface, something primitive and wild that awakens when you need an extra push just to survive, like wildflowers that bloom after fire turns the forest black. Most people are afraid of it, and keep it buried deep inside themselves. But there will always be a few people who have the courage to love what is untamed inside us. One of those men is my father. There was once a time when Americans came West to discover their destiny. Today they seem to move around every which way, restless and unsettled. But I think they're still looking for the same thing - a place where they can be optimistic about the future, a place that helps them to be who they really want to be, where they can feel that this life makes sense, a place where they can feel what I feel when I'm riding Flicka - because when we're riding, all I feel... is free.

Katherine "Katie" McLoughlin: I believe there is a force in this world that lives beneath the surface, something primitive and wild that awakens when you need an extra push just to survive, like wildflowers that bloom after a fire turns the forest black. Most people are afraid of it and keep it buried deep inside themselves. But there will always be a few people who have the courage to love what is untamed inside us. One of those men is my father. There was once a time when Americans came west to discover their destiny. Today, they seem to move around every which way, restless and unsettled. But I think they're still looking for the same thing - a place where they can be optimistic about the future, a place that helps them to be who they really want to be, where they can feel that this life makes sense, a place where they can feel what I feel when I'm riding Flicka - because when we're riding, all I feel... is free.

Katherine "Katie" McLoughlin: I live on top of the world... in the Never Summer Mountains of Wyoming, 8,000 feet closer to the sky. In my mountains when spring finally comes to save me from a perpetual winter, the world comes to life again and I remember what it is I'm here for. I'm the only daughter in a long line of ranchers and when we let our horses out for the first time every spring, I love to watch them rediscover the world. I can see in them an expression of my own restless spirit. Charged with an appetite for adventure, they take to the land without hesitation. They are pure power. When I see them running wild and free, I often think of the first horses and how they were the true pioneers of America.
Join my giveaways!
══════════════════════

I see the gutter,
Feed on the foolish,
At daybreak, I roam,
Awake to who follows me.
I roam, I roam,
I am the hungry wolf.
©

══════════════════════
Lady_Lycana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wild Horses of Wyoming ( New, Accepting any Literacy)

Postby winner10111 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:04 pm

(Marking. Will make horses soon. Is there a limit as to how many?)
winner10111

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady_Lycana » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:05 pm

winner10111 wrote:(Marking. Will make horses soon. Is there a limit as to how many?)

Nope. Just be sure you can play everyone and please keep genders even))
Join my giveaways!
══════════════════════

I see the gutter,
Feed on the foolish,
At daybreak, I roam,
Awake to who follows me.
I roam, I roam,
I am the hungry wolf.
©

══════════════════════
Lady_Lycana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady_Lycana » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:44 am

Shura walked along a river bank with his mare, Rosemary. While he watched the land, he also looked for places to rest. The large black snorted and looked at Rosemary, "See any places suitable to rest?" He nickered at her.

Tsuki laid underneath a large oak tree which provided refreshing shade from the heat. Gabe had disappeared awhile ago and had yet to return. She wondered where he was and what he was doing, hopefully, he hadn't gotten into any trouble
Join my giveaways!
══════════════════════

I see the gutter,
Feed on the foolish,
At daybreak, I roam,
Awake to who follows me.
I roam, I roam,
I am the hungry wolf.