Drawing sessions 1
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by jianwai

Karsten Readoption - Winner!

Postby Master of Nothing » Fri May 26, 2017 3:33 am

Hello!
I'm readopting all of my kalons, though I love them all dearly <3

You can change everything about the character, this one's a blank slate!
That being said, the character I had for this guy was an inventor (does not have to be the same for you!), so here's the contest!

I want you to "invent" a character for this kalon. However... as amateur inventors usually lack resources to make their inventions quite like they want, I'm going to make limits on the contest!

Form:
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]A fun fact/quirk/activity they do/have (250 words max):[/b]
[b]A short story involving anything about them in the past (750 words max):[/b]
[b]A list (favorite things, things they've collected, etc! 50 items max):[/b]
[b]Draw something that involves them using only their color palette! (2 pieces max, or a 4 panel comic):[/b]
[b]And a little something extra! (250 words max or 1 art piece; anything that you didn't describe in the other sections!):[/b]

Please remove the stuff in parenthesis in your form C:

You may reorganize and pretty up the form however you please, as long as all of the provided sections are covered, no more and no less (so no extras!)

Please pm me with any questions. This will end in 2 weeks (June 12th)
Last edited by Master of Nothing on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Master of Nothing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Karsten Readoption

Postby jianwai » Fri May 26, 2017 3:37 am

gorgeous babe <3

Image‡Username: edelvermell
‡Name: Araxie
༼ ❝A river said to inspire poetic expression❞ ༽
‡Gender: male

‡A fun fact/quirk/activity they do/have:
98/250

It is the little things, almost always unnoticed, but still ever present. A constant tick to run his tongue over his teeth, regardless if he's eaten or not. Talking? Watch his tongue run across the point of his teeth, near fiddling with the bone before he starts speaking again. It seems like a nervous tick, something he does when he's started or in thought, but it's not nervousness that dictates the way his tongue glides over smooth teeth. No-- he just enjoys the feeling, something that he did as a child and never quite vanished as he aged.

‡A short story involving anything about them in the past:
634/750 words

Swiftly as the river runs. Aching paws, caked in mud, he continues to run past the trees. Branches whip, strike his face, push him back and seem to usher him back into the depths of the forest, still he retaliates. Shakes the burs from his shoulders, whips his tail in hopes that he will knock a branch away from his rear. Eyes narrowed, he continues ruining, running until the earth beneath his paws becomes a fine, grainy sand. Like silk between his toes compared to the squeals of mud, although the fine grits stick and force him to trot instead of run least he cut open the pads of his feet on a particularly sharp grain of sand.

Every breath he takes is a burn to his lungs, it seems more fitting to think he swallows fire in thick, desperate gulps than air. Air-- 78% nitrogen, 21% oxygen with traces of water vapor, carbon dioxide, argon, and various other components. With each breath he reminds himself of the components, helps to dull the pounding of his heart and the roar of blood in his ears. Deep breaths, deep breaths, don't look back at the forest and take. deep. breaths.

He continues the trot along the sand, eventually slowed to nothing but a walk as he nears the lapping waves. Salted water rolls over his toes, he flexes them, wiggles them and nearly giggles as the mud and grit wash away. Nearly, still too frightened, he swallows thickly. Something-- somehow he had seen the ghost of another. Blue, like the ocean, creeping from the corner of his eyes and chasing him away from his own home. Too scared, something drove him to the water, and now that he strolled along the beach he could evaluate his fears. If it had been a ghost, then why did it usher him towards the ocean? He shakes his head, stands stalk still, letting the foamy waves crash over his feet and cool the over-heated pads.

His lungs burned lest, though tickled on the addition of salt in the air. Another swallow, tongue lolling out to wet his chops. Too much salt, the running made him thirsty, but he was too consumed by thought. Ghosts didn't exist. Science, basic thought disproved them, so what had he seen? What was it? A trick of the light? Had he had too many coconuts for dinner?

Every answer he had gave no reassurance, blankly starring into the depths of the water that surrounded the island. The strange island, with a strange forest, tropical and yet ... not. As strange as it was, it was his island, and he knew that it should have been impossible for any other Kalon to inhabit it. It had been him for ... for ... he couldn't remember how many years or the exact date he had left home for an expedition to this strange little island. Science had demanded research, his paws tingled at the very thought of discovering the secrets that others seemed to fear; Araxie had stood with a puffed chest and declared that he, the youngest researcher, would go and study everything on the island: plants, animals, soil, air. Anything and everything that could be observed, although air was technically unable to observed by the naked eye, that he would do it.

His island, with strange secrets. As frightened as he was, Araxie felt ... felt something for the land. For the mysterious blue Kalon that chased him to the dark ocean, the sea-foam rolling over his toes, making a tingle along his spine. "I'll find you," it's muttered, nearly covered by the islands natural noises: cawing birds, buzzing insects, the crash of water against grains. "I'll find out what you are, everything about this island, too. I'll know."

He'll be the expert. He has to be.

‡A list:

Lamp | Backpack | Baskets | Bells | Candles | Chests | Crowbar | Fishing Nets | Hammer | Ink | Pens | Pencils | Clay Jugs and Pots | Paper | Pitcher | Signet Ring | Spyglass | Tent

‡Draw something that involves them using only their color palette!:
technically two pieces sandwiched together. line art by bgrenee (love her), off-hand coloring by myself.
the concept is a human version of Araxie, turning his back on his family and home, in favor of chasing his desires.

‡And a little something extra!:
Araxie - The Road He Ran To The Ocean- Uncolored - Lineart by bgrenee
Last edited by jianwai on Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 8 times in total.
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

We just straight chillin
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
𝕱𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖓𝖉
jianwai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dolly » Fri May 26, 2017 3:48 am

res
────────────
da | they/them | th
────────────
dolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sandstorm814 » Fri May 26, 2017 4:04 am

Username: Sandstorm814

Name: Atlanta

A fun fact/quirk/activity they do/have (250 words max):
Atlanta, despite hating it, is the most luckiest kalon in the world when it comes to fishing. The first fish she ever caught, with a bored old rod, was an extremely rare fish, and weighing in at one of the largest of that fish that had ever been caught. Her father, who loved fishing had been trying to catch one of those for decades.
Atlanta herself didn't even like to eat fish, she found them personally disgusting and slimy.

A short story involving anything about them in the past:
Atlanta leans up against the run down road barricade. She checked her bag to make sure all the correct contents were in there. Perfect. Roughly 30 or so mashed up, bruised, rotten figs. Picked off the ground courtesy of a unkept orchid of fig trees. She looked around, checking the coast was clear, then sprinted across the road and into the protection of the dense trees, at least until she reached the highway.
After a 15 minute jog, Atlanta was out of the country side and right into the hustle and bustle of the city. Or rather, the highway to the city. She crouched behind one of the short walls on the side of the highway, and unloaded her arsenal. The cars zoomed across the road, but she was skilled enough to know how to time it just right. Her watchful eyes scanned the passing cars, searching for her first victim. There.
Splat! The best thing was, she liked to specifically pick cars with their windows open. Good luck getting the smell of gone bad figs by the time you get to wherever you're going. She was about to reel up for another throw, before she heard an onimous "Hey! What are you doing!" Shoot. She hadn't need caught in a long time, and would be sloppy making a getaway. Atlanta cast the bag aside and ran as fast as she could, and dared a glance back. A police officer, and with what he was saying into his walkie talkie, he was getting backup. Just great. Which guard would she have to woo THIS time to get out?

By now, Atlanta has figured thing out, and has found some other hobbies that stay on the good side of the law (For the most part)

A list :

"ATLANTA'S LIST OF THINGS TO DO BEFORE COLLEGE IS OVER"

- Swim the length of a river against the current
- Reject a marriage proposal
- Get front row Hamilton tickets and sell them on eBay for 10 times the price
-Yell "Andy's Coming" in Disneyland
-Yell objection in the middle for a courtroom trial
- Get kicked out of a Walmart
-Sneak back into said Walmart
-Travel to all 7 continents

Draw something that involves them using only their color palette! (2 pieces max, or a 4 panel comic):

And a little something extra! :
Last edited by Sandstorm814 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:31 am, edited 10 times in total.
╔═══════════════════╗
x
x
x

Hey! I'm bree, and i’m not really that active. Looking to collect rare items

Image - Image - Art Shop-

╚═══════════════════╝
Sandstorm814

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruitvale » Fri May 26, 2017 4:23 am

Username:
Name:
A fun fact/quirk/activity they do/have (250 words max):
A short story involving anything about them in the past (750 words max):
A list (favorite things, things they've collected, etc! 50 items max):
Draw something that involves them using only their color palette! (2 pieces max, or a 4 panel comic):
And a little something extra! (250 words max or 1 art piece; anything that you didn't describe in the other sections!):\

RES YES LOVE THIS DESIGN WITH A P A S S I O N
fruitvale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Unleashed Squiid » Fri May 26, 2017 6:03 am

Mark
Squid || She/Her || ENFP || Kals
Image hello I am tiny and you can’t read me! :) Imagehello I am font and you can’t read me! :) Image
Unleashed Squiid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gaycko » Fri May 26, 2017 6:14 am

this contest is so unique....
Formerly Seven of Sushi!
Call me Red or Seven please if just chatting casually
Adult/Male
He/him/his
🏳️‍🌈
Gaycko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♡Chocolate♡ » Fri May 26, 2017 7:21 am

mark with a pilot
♡Chocolate♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby uηsρεcifiεd ¢ryҏtiɗ » Fri May 26, 2017 7:35 am

dropping out I love Ashling too much and my heart is going into that form

Good luck, kal pals
Last edited by uηsρεcifiεd ¢ryҏtiɗ on Sun May 28, 2017 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
she/they - infp - cryptid/fallow
toyhouse / FR /
uηsρεcifiεd ¢ryҏtiɗ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koegami » Fri May 26, 2017 11:17 am

mork
        koe - adult | mostly inactive | only here for simas
        discord: koegami | toyhou.se: koegami / alavii-cs

RIP: [UNCLE B] 1/6/2016 || [ROCKY] 8/14/2020 || [GPA] 2/27/2021
        RIP: [THICK44] 2/13/2023 || [BIG OUNCE] 10/19/2023 || [AKIRA TORIYAMA] 3/1/2024

THANK U & GOODBYE: [MAGGIE] 3/4/2021
koegami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me