Gentle Guardian

"Gentle Guardian" by Lupinegirl

Dressup entry

Gentle Guardian

Postby Lupinegirl » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:08 pm

After a day of riding and pampering from her girl, Lily was surprised to find a new visitor in her pasture. She approached it carefully, flaring her nostrils. It did not smell dangerous. It barely smelled like anything at all! Nestled amidst the dandelions and weeds, a tiny spotted fawn was napping in the warm sunshine. Lily stood a respectful distance away, but the fawn's mother was unconcerned about the gentle giant standing near her baby. The doe fled into the woods when the father of Lily's girl walked up the fence.

The girl's father set some brightly colored eggs in the grass for an Easter egg hunt. "Now I know you won't step on these, will you, Old Girl?" He asked Lily kindly.
The mare nickered in response. He whistled for Lily to come to him but Lily stayed put, bobbing her head. Look here! There's something here!

Her human finally saw the fawn. "Well I'll be darned. You've got a new friend. Good girl, Lilly. You keep watch over it now. I'll go get Susan."

Lily stayed and watched the tiny spotted wonder. Her humans all got to see it and after a while, fhey went back inside, saving the egg hunt for later. It was a quiet Easter but a beautiful day nonetheless, especially when the doe came back for her baby. Lily watched the fawn stand in shaky legs and wobble to its mother's side for milk. Staring at Lily with wide eyes, the fawn approached her, stretching out her tiny nose curiously. They exchanged breath, and the fawn kicked and bucked playfully. Lily kicked up her own heels and trotted alongside him a few strides. They played gently until Mama deer decided it was time to head back into the woods.

Lily watched them go and tossed her flower braided forelock. She hoped that she would get to play and watch over the fawn again. What a beautful day it had been!
Lupinegirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me