Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Bean by Caela

Artist Caela [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 44 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
47 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Bean

Postby Caela » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:01 pm

I've had this little world in my head for about a year and a half now that's like the human civilization a few centuries down the road, when we've got colonies on other planets in the solar system and stuff. The tech isn't as advanced as you might expect, but it's future-y enough. The tech isn't really the focus of this little world of mine. I'm more interested in my characters (mostly humans -- Bean's really only dog who could qualify as a character).

I've never put any of this world down on paper/the internet -- I haven't even draw the characters before! -- and it's a really fluid plot at the moment so I'm not going to say much more about it. (Plus, it took me almost 8 months to pick first names for my two main characters, and their backstories are still fluctuating a bit.) It's an ever developing work of love.

But about Bean specifically:
She was found by a dude named Fox Miller as an abandoned puppy (animal cruelty apparently still being a problem centuries from now) and after a few days of his care, she went from being half dead to being jumpy and super eager about everything (especially food). Because of this, he nicknamed her Jumping Bean (eventually shortened to just Bean). He didn't plan on keeping her long so a decent name wasn't really on the top of his list. However, he pretty quickly fell in love with the little puppy and never did give her away, or change her name.
At the point in time that I focus on in my world, Fox is a weapons smuggler helping out a resistance force. Bean accompanies him and another smuggler on their... smuggling... adventures... Wow, it sounds really lame when you put it that way
There's a lot more to the plot than that, but as I said, the plot is fluid and that bit right there is probably the only thing that hasn't changed since the almost-beginning. It's not as completely cliché as it looks, I promise! It's just 90% cliché. ;)

Aaaaanyway, I rambled a bit. XD Just one last quick comment on the art itself, and then I'm done!!
This isn't a formal ref sheet or anything (I would never put anything like that weird "what even" doodle on a real ref, lol). I just felt like at least acknowledging my little world by finally putting a character out there for the world to see. :>
    ~ Caela
I swear I'm not a middle schooler.
For real.

----------------------------

Do I ever do things in a timely matter?
I'll get back to you on that.

----------------------------

I love:
languages ♥ violin ♥ guitar ♥ piano
16th - 18th century ships

quietly mourning the decline of the Irish language
Caela

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bean

Postby Smartyk » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:25 am

Ahhhhhaha Jumping Bean! That's got to be the cutest name ever!!! Fantastic art, and great idea!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Smartyk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RainWingThing » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:44 pm

Awe cute!
its real yeehaw hours up at arby's
she/her ♡ aro/ace

RainWingThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nimrod. » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:56 pm

if you ever started pouring this world of yours into text, I would love to read into it c: I always create imaginary worlds in my mind as well an they keep me entertained enough to make it through the bad days lol.
nimrod.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:56 am

Very cute! Love your style!

Last bumped by Caela on Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:56 am.
hiya i'm dia
she/her
INTJ

bookworm
scientist
plant lover
dog mom-->

CS Fanart Archive

Characters

art fight; *team*
CS Help | Site Rules
[avatar] | [signature]