Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

so i finally got an art tablet by purin

Artist purin [gallery]
Time spent 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

so i finally got an art tablet

Postby purin » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:28 am

this is actually so hard to get used to hahahah

so uhm yeah //
any tips for beginners would be nice actually please ;v;
hey. if you dont think anyone loves you, just know that i do ♡
always looking for bats! :>
purin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: so i finally got an art tablet

Postby .zombie » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:29 am

not very experienced myself, but looks great!
Tess || She/ Her || Teen

Hello! My name is Tess. I love zombies!! and everything about em!!
I like trading and gifting, so feel free to send a trade!

Trade with me!!
HQ Character Trade Thread!!
.zombie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thidtle » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:29 am

Yay, glad you got an art tablet! They take time to get used to yes but just pretend it's a pencil and look at the screen as if it's your paper. And I may not know you but art tablets are amazing and glad you got one!
Thidtle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby purin » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:32 am

ah yeah even still, im so relieved to have a tablet and not be using a mouse <3 thanks both of you guys !
purin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thidtle » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:35 am

no problem! Only there is a problem with this website if you use a art tablet with this site for me anyway. So be careful about that!
Thidtle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby metonymy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:12 am

the only real problem with the oekaki here and tablets is that pen pressure doesn't work in chrome. in every other browser, pen pressure works fine. I usually have chrome open for browsing, and firefox open for drawing. :)

really the best advice is: practice! there is a bit of a learning curve when it comes to drawing one place and looking another place. however soon it'll become second nature to you. just don't get discouraged when you aren't immediately producing perfect masterpieces. it's kind of like learning a new, slightly different sport. like say you're a badminton pro, but are learning tennis. both have nets, both have rackets, but it's a different game. so don't get worried about not being able to take home olympic gold. you'll get it, i promise! it'll just take some practice and some learning. unfortunately the advice i can give is not helpful - it's literally a physical change you need to make (learning muscle memory, and making new connections in your brain!). just don't get discouraged! :)
All gifs are from Bjork music videos, and rotate
oekaki - ff.n - 8tracks - ☧ - intj - she/her pronouns please
-
I suffer from depression, generalized anxiety disorder, and chronic pain.
If you need to come talk and get some peer support, my inbox is always open.
metonymy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vlad Dracula III » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:21 am

I just got one as well I have yet to use it but I know it's difficult at first :)
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... &id=177755
Fr lair
Birthday gifts received this year - 0
Birthday messages received this year - 0

I don’t really have the best health I get really tired really easily so my replies may be very slow please be patient with me if I accidentally send the same trade twice I apologize either there’s a glitch or I’ve forgotten that I already sent one
If you foe over a trade Seriously I’ll block back people make mistakes get over it or just lock ur trading and don’t be rude no ones perfect
Vlad Dracula III

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby purin » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:13 pm

metonymy wrote:the only real problem with the oekaki here and tablets is that pen pressure doesn't work in chrome. in every other browser, pen pressure works fine. I usually have chrome open for browsing, and firefox open for drawing. :)

really the best advice is: practice! there is a bit of a learning curve when it comes to drawing one place and looking another place. however soon it'll become second nature to you. just don't get discouraged when you aren't immediately producing perfect masterpieces. it's kind of like learning a new, slightly different sport. like say you're a badminton pro, but are learning tennis. both have nets, both have rackets, but it's a different game. so don't get worried about not being able to take home olympic gold. you'll get it, i promise! it'll just take some practice and some learning. unfortunately the advice i can give is not helpful - it's literally a physical change you need to make (learning muscle memory, and making new connections in your brain!). just don't get discouraged! :)

ah i see! i used chrome for this one, but ill definitely get java/firefox and try it next time! thank you so much for the feedback and encouragement c':

and @Dracula ah were all learning together right :p congrats on getting one as well!
purin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me