Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Key Rose Heart for xXSwiftkillXx by Acidic

Based on Click to view
Artist Acidic [gallery]
Time spent 24 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Key Rose Heart for xXSwiftkillXx

Postby Acidic » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:36 am

I made the colours a bit too similar to my Emi oops

So I had a bit of trouble with this girl. I had limited things to play with here. I felt like this pony was a little bland in terms of colour, she was a bit dull - so I made her colours a bit brighter. I gave her a subtle ombre in her mane and tail, too. I also made her very freckly as I feel like that really suits her looks as a sorta ginger-haired pony.
    I decided to give her a messy ponytail. I feel this suits her special talent as a lot of creators, when at work, obviously don't care about their hair and if Key here is a girl dedicated to her work - it would make sense. The major thing I did was change her species. I feel it suits her much better if she's a unicorn rather than an earth pony as she uses her hooves a lot to do her work, it'd make things 100x easier to use her magic to work. (Obvs this is a bit contradictory to Emi, who's a pegasus just because I like pegasi um)

The main things that bothered me about this girl was her name and cutie mark, which I've left the same as I was informed that the owner would prefer them the same. I'm only giving my opinion here:
    I feel like her cutie mark is extremely vague, to me it portrays that she writes love notes. If I were to change it to suit her creating art and stories talent, I'd probably change it to a book with illustrations inside. However that would give off the idea she's an illustrator... This girl's talent is really difficult because art and stories are such different things that it's too vague to include into a cutie mark. If I were the owner I'd change the talent to one or the other, and branch a specific talent off of that.
    For her name, it bothers me because it is not related whatsoever. (Yes Emi ≠ Cartoonist I know, it's because she's a ponysona oops) 'Key Rose Heart' gives off absolutely no connotation to 'creator', to me it makes me imagine a pony with exactly 'Key Rose Heart' on her lil butt.
    I'm not criticising you whatsoever on your choices.
    Of course, this second section you don't have to change. Heck, you don't need to keep the pony how I've done her whatsoever.

Thank you! She was really fun to do and I hope you like her.
Acidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Key Rose Heart for xXSwiftkillXx

Postby xXSwiftkillXx » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:57 am

If you were to change he name what do you think her name should be?
xXSwiftkillXx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xXSwiftkillXx » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:02 am

Also she is adorable. I love her design.
xXSwiftkillXx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Acidic » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:36 pm

Honestly I'm not sure. I'd focus on something to do with designing, something about a pen/pencil?
    And you're welcome!
Acidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xXSwiftkillXx » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:16 am

I'm gonnakeep the way you designed her. Much more better, I'm thinking about changing her name, I'll find one sooner or later.
xXSwiftkillXx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me