Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Rocky Foxes by salmondragon

Based on Click to view
Artist salmondragon [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 18 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Pety

by Pety

by Pety

by Pety

by Pety

by Pety

by Pety

Rocky Foxes

Postby salmondragon » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:34 am

heGrowthsheheArchiveheheNurseryhe

Rocky Foxes are mountainous foxes that live in very rocky or mountainous areas like northern Canada, the Himalayas, Russia or Scandinavian Countries. They are very friendly, and easily domesticated. All Rocky Foxes have a long fluffy tail, and like a snow leopard, they will wrap it around themselves to keep themselves warm. Domesticated ones have been found to try and look after their human or even animal companions by curling around them and wrapping their tail around them. They come in natural colours like white or brown, and usually have very distinct markings.

This species is realistic, but obviously in roleplay etc they are sentient and can speak to each other like any other character would. You are free to do what you like with them, as long as it follows the rules and you do not edit the design, steal/claim the species as your own and sell it/trade it etc

--

Pm me if you'd like to to affiliate (advertisements will be placed on the second last post)

he Staff he

heTurtlezSoup - Owner/Artist

he News he

News wrote:[27/3/16] Now looking for artists!
[7/3/16] Breeding is now available!
Events wrote:

he Links he

Rules
UFAs
Rarities
Species Info
Last edited by salmondragon on Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:17 am, edited 24 times in total.
salmondragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rocky Foxes!

Postby salmondragon » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:35 am

he Rules he

As of right now, you may own an unlimited number of RFs

Please do not spam the thread

Please PM the artist of your RF if you no longer want it
pleaseplease If the artist is no longer available/an artist then please Pm me and I will put it up for re-adoption.

Do not beg/bribe for a RF
pleasepleaseThe user who bribes will have the RF confiscated and will not be allowed to adopt more RFs.

Please notify the me in advance if you are gifting/trading away your RF

Designs may not be auctioned or sold before or after adoption (whether it be pets, virtual or real currency etc)
pleasepleaseYou may trade an RF for another RF ONLY but not for currencies etc.

You may not ask for customs.

Please be nice to people. Do not harass, bully etc if you lose or for any reason. Bullying will result in a immediate ban from RFs, and you will have all RFs put back up for adoption

You may not use a RF that does not belong to you

Do not create your own RF

There can be more then RF with the same name. You may ask a user to change the name if it is especially unique, but adopters are not obliged to change the name of their RF for any reason.

As of now, RFs of the same gender cannot breed together and have a litter, how ever they can adopt RF pup
pleaseThere will be regular 'orphan' pups available for adoption in the nursery.

In the case that you are a banned, all RFS will be confiscated and put back up for adoption. You will not allowed to use them.

You are allowed to do what you like with RFs, within reason. You must still follow these rules

Do not claim/steal the species

You are allowed to simplify the design slightly.
pleaseIf there are loads of stripes/dots etc you could simplify it and little so there are less so it is easier for to draw, but you must say that it was simplified and you must stick closely to the original design, as much as possible.

he Guest Artist Rules he

You may only make up to five RFs.
You may not make customs
You must ask before making a RF with Very Rare+ Mutations.
You may only make 1 RF that has rare traits.
Please say the gender of the RF and a list of its traits (and the rarity of said traits) under you readopt (look at other adopts for examples)

he Permanent Artist Rules he

Please say the gender of the RF and a list of its traits (and the rarity of said traits) under you readopt (look at other adopts for examples)
Stick to the species guidelines.
You may make one custom for every 15 RFs, this is the same even if you are gifting them away.
Please make Try to make 1 Rf every week, any inactivity for 4 weeks without notice will result in you being removed from your position as an artist.
if you make an Rf with a rare trait, try to space it out between your next one with a few RFs with uncommon/common traits. Ask before making anything with VR+ traits.

UPDATE [31/3/16]: You can now trade your RFs for another RF
Last edited by salmondragon on Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:47 am, edited 9 times in total.
salmondragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rocky Foxes!

Postby salmondragon » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:35 am

he Adult Adopts he

he Event Adopts he

he Nursery Adopts he

Last edited by salmondragon on Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:36 am, edited 14 times in total.
salmondragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby salmondragon » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:36 am

he Rarities he

default traits
❄Oval pupil
❄No edits
❄Single colour eyes
❄Long and fluffy tail (no edits)

(^ during breeding the pups will have these traits if they fail to get the appropriate trait from a parent)

Common traits
❄Round pupil
❄Heterochromia eyes (sectoral, central)
❄Different ears
❄Leg/paw fluff

Uncommon traits
❄Heterochromia eyes (complete)
❄Pupils: Slit, very large/small
❄Short mane
❄Backfur
❄Medium tail.
❄Thin tail
❄Exceptionally long/fluffy tail (edited to be longer/fluffier)

Rare traits
❄eyes: Coloured pupils, multiple pupils, multiple colored eyes/Heterochromia eyes that have different 2 colours in each eye, different shaped pupils, different shaped eyes. No iris colour(white), no pupil (blind)
❄(male) no mane
❄(female) mane (anything that reaches below the top/spinal area of the neck)
❄(either) remaining mantle (a 'mane' that stays on the spinal/top area of the neck)
❄Short/No tail
❄More then 4 uncommon traits
❄Little fluff.

Very Rare Traits
❄More then 4 more rare traits.
❄Unlisted traits
❄Multi-coloured heterochromia eyes (more then 3 different colours in different eyes)
❄All fluff (think English sheepdog)
❄Natural accessories (i.e twigs, cannot be gained through breeding)
❄unsymmetrical designs (Burns/Scars do not count as an unsymmetrical design)

--

How do they work?

In breeding, the artist numbers and 'rolls' for traits. One roll per trait per parent, per pup (its a lengthy process)
The number of pups you get determines what number (out of 2) is rolled. A minimum of two for parents owned by different people, minimum of 1 for parents owned by the same person.
1 in 5 chance of getting a common trait from an RF.
1 in 10 chance of getting an uncommon trait from an RF
1 in 20 chance of getting a rare trait from an RF
1 in 30 chance of getting a very rare trait form an RF
1 in 50 chance of getting a random mutation, not inherited through parents.

I.e
Rolled for 2 pups.
Father; Round pupil(1), different ears(4, no mane(19).
Mother; Heterochromia (sectoral, 3), backfur(8)

The traits are then rolled for;
Pup 1 -
Round pupil; rolled a 3 (failed)

Pup 2
Round pupil; rolled a 1 (success)

This determines that pup 1 does not get a round pupil (so they would get oval), and pup 2 gets their father's trait.
And the same would be done for the other traits.

The artist would then roll to see which pup gets a mutation.

Roll are done on this random number picker website
Last edited by salmondragon on Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:42 am, edited 18 times in total.
salmondragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby salmondragon » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:30 am

he Species Info he

Diet
They are omnivorous, and due to the climate they live in, can live off solely one source of food for a short period of time (i.e plants). Under domestic care they can even become dependent on one source of food (like becoming vegetarian), as long as they get all nutrients required for healthy development. They can eat fish, insects, meat, fruit, vegetables and plants.

Appearance

With a minimum height of 2 feet, a maximum height of 4 feet, they are very tall. Their tail will grow to the same length as their body, about 2 feet. They have large, feet that spread easily over the snow, and fluffy paw pads.

They have a rounded forehead as an adult, but a slight ledge as a pup. As a pup grows, the ledge 'swells' goes hard, like bone, and makes the head into an oval shape. This is for sparring purposes amongst adults, who often headbutt each other to assert dominance within a group or 'pile'.

Their ears do not have any fluff in them, but RFs produce a lot of heat in their head and neck, so it ends up keeping the ears warm too. Their noses are simply too holes on the side of their snout, but they can flare and become very wide.

Males have a thick, bushy mane like a lion of their neck, that can stretch onto their belly and back, and sometimes even face. Females do not have this, but do have a higher body temperature then males, and often migrate down the mountains/to warmer sections in the winter. Pups have a mantle, like on a cheetah pup, and if they are male this will develop into a full mane but if they are female they will lose it.

Their eyes are very prone to mutations, and parental eyes often have very little to do with the colour and shape of the pup's eyes.

Pups are about the size of king Charles spaniel when they are born.

They can come in a variety of natural colours. Greyish blues, blacks, whites, greys, reds, browns and yellow colours are common. They usually have very distinct markings.

Behavior
❄They bury their heads in the snow to cool off, as their heads are often the hottest part of their body despite having little fluff there.
❄They curl their tail around themselves or others they care about.
❄They headbutt each other to assert dominance
❄They often form packs or small groups, called 'piles' (as in rock piles)
❄They create similiar sounds to foxes, and move a lot like them, especially in adolescent years.

Other
❄They can have litters of up to 2 pups.
❄Pups often get separated from their mothers and fathers and often have to be readopted by other RFs.
❄RFs have been found to be mates with an RF of the same sex, and often adopt lost pups and raise them.
❄They are not at all related to foxes, but when discovered they were seen to move very much like foxes, and actually sound a lot like them.
Last edited by salmondragon on Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:52 am, edited 8 times in total.
salmondragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby salmondragon » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:30 am

res
salmondragon