Bengal Mahogany Bay Splash by Lilian Nightshade

Based on Click to view
Artist Lilian Nightshade [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 44 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Bengal Mahogany Bay Splash

Postby Lilian Nightshade » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:27 am

I'm really happy with how this one turned out, working on that bengal pattern was super fun XD. To try for this girl you will have to give her a greek name and then explain why you think it fits her. No edits/WIP's allowed.

SnowFlies wrote:Username: SnowFlies
Name: Styx
Type: Runner
Height: 106cm
Answer: Styx (the river of hate), one of the five rivers circling Hades, serves as a barrier separating the world of the living from the dead. I feel that this suits her well as the bengal pattern appears to mimic the ripples of a muddy river, which is what the Styx is believed to be and that it was thought that if a god drank its waters, they would loose their voice for nine years as the water was so foul - in that respect, this dear runner would be mute. But, my favourite aspect that relates to her name is her pale face. That like an expressionless mask, combined with her piercing eyes; it would easily appear as if she was judging you and held a certain distain towards you. However, you may never know her thoughts as she would would be unable to tell you, making it all the more unsettling such as the notion/idea of death, which the river Styx is closely associated to.
Last edited by Lilian Nightshade on Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.....*Flight Rising*....*Deviantart*.....

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
~
The lone wanderer. So tired, so miserable.
All but a mere shadow of an once vibrant soul.

Cursed by fate, burdened by sorrow.
Sentenced to a life of nothing but loneliness...
It looks like not everyone deserves a happy ending, after all.
~

Lilian Nightshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bengal Mahogany Bay Splash

Postby -Isabella- » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:59 am

Username: Isabella45
Name: Aminta
Answer: I picked this name because it means, 'defender' and she strikes me as the type of Nukkita who is always looking out for others, but sometimes feels like she isn't doing a good enough job, though her calm, collected exterior never gives her innermost feelings away. She is the kind of doe who always does what is right for the other person, and is willing to sacrifice almost anything for her friends and loved ones.
Last edited by -Isabella- on Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:12 am, edited 6 times in total.
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~M a y a~ » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:13 am

Username: ~M a y a~
Name: Ekho
Answer: Greek name meaning "echo, re-sound." I though this would fit her because, when I saw her, I thought that she would be a nukitta that would inspire others. I feel that Ekho wouldn't speak very often, but when she did it would be important and inspiring. This would lead to the other nukittas in the herd to repeat -- or 're-sound' -- it to each other.
Name's Maya, but I go by a range of other names. So call me
what you like! I am utterly obsessed with Dragon Age with my main
romances being Alistair, Anders, and Cullen. I am also very
interested in horses and go riding every week for lessons.
I care for and show rabbits in 4H. My lil' bun is a Jersey Wooly
buck named Alistair after the one and only Ferelden king.
Drawing and reading are some of my favorite past times
along with roleplaying. I roleplay on both Feral Front and
Tumblr. Don't be afraid to start a conversation with me!
I don't bite and I'm always accepting of a new friend~

~M a y a~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _CoffeeBean_ » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:24 am

Username:_Coffeebean_
Name: Alethia
Answer: Alethia means truthful, when I saw this beautiful doe I felt the kind of respect you give a person who you tell your secrets and she promises to keep them. She doesn't betray her friends, and is truthful to her words. She is also the type who is timid and shy, and doesn't like trouble so she makes sure to tell the truth.
||Stray Souls||Canine RP||Join Today||
_CoffeeBean_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hobbit Geek » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:29 am

Username: Hobbit Geek
Name: Athena
Answer: Athena in Greek mythology was the daughter of Zues and was one of courage, wisdom, warfare and more. I feel like this name would fit her because she seems like a wise yet courageous girl to me, one who'd uphold what she believes in no matter what anyone else says.
Hobbit Geek

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kitsyn » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:47 pm

Username: Neon Phoenix
Name: Andromeda
Answer: Her bengal markings remind me of the spiral arms of galaxies and its stars, and her splash could represent nebulas. There so happens to be a galaxy named the Andromeda Galaxy. This is, according to Greek mythology, because Andromeda was thought to be so beautiful that even the Greek goddess Athena acknowledged this and bestowed Andromeda an infinite beauty of placing her in the sky for all to adore her as a constellation. Thus, this doe's beauty of stars and nebulas is why her name fits.
Kitsyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SnowFlies » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:17 am

Username: SnowFlies
Name: Styx
Answer: Styx (the river of hate), one of the five rivers circling Hades, serves as a barrier separating the world of the living from the dead. I feel that this suits her well as the bengal pattern appears to mimic the ripples of a muddy river, which is what the Styx is believed to be and that it was thought that if a god drank its waters, they would loose their voice for nine years as the water was so foul - in that respect, this dear runner would be mute. But, my favourite aspect that relates to her name is her pale face. That like an expressionless mask, combined with her piercing eyes; it would easily appear as if she was judging you and held a certain distain towards you. However, you may never know her thoughts as she would would be unable to tell you, making it all the more unsettling such as the notion/idea of death, which the river Styx is closely associated to.
SnowFlies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Tuesday » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:30 pm

Username: It's Tuesday Again.
Name: Lamia
Answer: In the Greek myth, Lamia is a mistress of the god Zeus, causing Zeus' jealous wife, Hera, to kill all of Lamia's children and transform her into a monster that hunts and devours the children of others. Another version has Hera stealing all of Lamia's children and Lamia, who loses her mind from grief and despair, starts stealing and devouring others' children out of envy, the repeated monstrosity of which transforms her into a monster. I think this name suits this gal because she has a similar personality. She was once kind to others, but a series of devastating events caused her to slowly warp into an evil being she was not before. She doesn't go around eating children, but she definitely tries to take away others' happiness as a way to achieve her own. The horrible events of her life twisted her mind into a life of cruelty and loneliness. Also, in the myth, Lamia is thought to have a snake body below the waist...and the markings on this babe remind me almost of a python.

i love you wrote:
Knee
My kalons
My Deviantart
Starling Deer Adopts

M a k e
a
w i s h ,

d a r l i n g .
Lady Tuesday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fuscontidox » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:05 am

Username: Fuscontidox
Name: Ebony
Answer: This beautiful girl is named after a dark wood, as the branding in her coat reminds me of the rings in dark tree wood, Ebony is in fact Greek ^^ however "Ebony" in Greek often refers to their pottery work with the tanned color base and the dark black-brown designs of people representing most of the time stories in Greek mythology :)

one of the stories she prefers though is the story of Daphne, a nymph who wished to be turned into a tree because she hated being pursued by the Greek god Apollo after she was shot with an arrow of lead and he an arrow of gold.
I have made my choice. My pms will be open for a week to anyone who wants to message me on CS a little while longer, or to clear up anything if you must.

Discord: Fuscontidox #0877
DA: Fuscontidox
TH: Fuscontidox
Fuscontidox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragons whisper » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:20 am

Username: Dragons Whisper
Name: Tryphe
Answer: "TRYPHON Τρυφων m Ancient Greek
Derived from Greek τρυφη (tryphe) meaning "softness, delicacy". Saint Tryphon, a gooseherder from Syria, was martyred in the 3rd century." found here I chose this name because It also describes her personality. Her voice and movements are soft, while her words and heart are delicate and untouched. She is a very pure soul and doesnt understand a whole lot yet. She isn't offended easily but she is shy. That's why I chose this name.
dragons whisper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me