Based on Click to view
Artist videlicet [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 22 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Lions of the Cosmos V.5 EVENT - Blood Moon #016 -ADOPTED

Postby videlicet » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:20 pm

Lions of the Cosmos Blood Moon Event
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    || Species Info || Archives || Nursery || Fan Club|| Customs || DA Group || Re-Colors ||
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Welcome Travelers
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Hello there travelers, to the first event of L.O.C. V.5. In this event you will find Lions with special elements, edits and much more. Event lions do not appear often and are very special so you don't want to miss this!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    INTRODUCTION
    When the blood moon streaked the sky's of the lions home world...many became wary of what was to follow. The civil war was already taxing the lions, but now new unknowns were going to crash land into their lives. Untold powers were inevitable and their intentions beyond unclear. It would nice to say the lions looked forward to the moons gifts....but that would be a fable.
    However, their time of worry came and went as the moon began to flash and writhe with power. The moon pulsed with flickering red lights, until it released its untold power. From the rays, 6 pillars fell towards their land. Plummeting faster than light itself and accompanied with a terrible presence. The columns of light crashed down upon the planets surface, screeching loud to announce the presence of a new being...six to be exact. Smoke rose from the point of touch to the planet and the red light began to pulse in rings around the newly seen forms. One by one these lions emerged....and their planet will never be the same.

The appearance of the sixth lion was accompanied by the leathery rustling of wings. His pelt was more muted in hue than those of his predecessors, although the darkest patches were broken by trails of glowing red, almost like lava escaping from the lip of an active volcano. His stride was assured and his demeanour impassive, making him viciously difficult to read.
    base coat:

This scout male can control the elements of LAVA + FLIGHT
      -A lion with the gift of Lava can: draw substance from the earth, scorch the ground, burn, blind with ash, as well as bend. The true capability of a Lava wielding lion is unknown.
      -A lion with the gift of Flight can: Use their wings to fly across vast distances, use wings to knock opponents off balance. Make little noise making them stealthy.

This contest is now over! Thanks so much to everyone who tried out, and congratulations, Pengu., on your amazing form!
Last edited by videlicet on Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
videlicet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lions of the Cosmos V.5 EVENT - Blood Moon #016

Postby iBrevity » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:26 pm

Username: iBrevity
Name:
Personality:
History:
First Flight:
Extras:

holy moly res
[wip] (●´ω`●)

[art by Baylin]

brev [she/her]

kalon moderator
approvals are -- closed
iBrevity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby houndpine » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:50 pm

Username: draumr
    Name:
    Personality:
    History:
    First Flight:
    Extras:

resss omg
houndpine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tiiedye. » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:09 am

Username: tiiedye.
Name: Zephyr
Personality:
History:
First Flight:
Extras:

res maybe :P
Current Mood:
Super Excited!
Characters - DA - Character Shop
Driving Cross-Country. Will get on when I can.

Image Image Image Image
tiiedye.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaluga » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:34 pm

Username;; Kaluga
      Name;; Pyrrhic
      Age;; Around 20 years?
      Gender;; Male
      Rank;; Nomad

Personality;;
      Nihilistic
      Grudgingly inquisitive
      Loves social interaction
      Young, immature?
      Balks at responsibility
      Character development includes learning to accept others, becoming less naive, starting to feel humbled

History;; (write in a series of flashbacks?)
      Born on different planet to injured scout/warrior mother (travel arch broken?)
      Raised in solitude away from species
      Summoned to LOC planet during blood moon

First Flight;;
      Extras;;
      If you're reading, I am definitely up for buying some art ^^ PM me!

What lovely colors this guy has! I'll see what I can do :)
Last edited by Kaluga on Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.

--------------

⇢ ♕ ⇠

нey! ι'м ĸalυga

нιт мe υp
anyтιмe,
oĸay?

⇢ ♛ ⇠

--------------
Kaluga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:48 am

friendly bump!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kalon » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:52 am

res

╔══════════════╗

hey :3 I'm kal, a fan of art, music, reptiles, and horses. I love to draw, so if you've done something nice for me, be prepared for a surprise picture of a character! x3 Just pm me if you'd like art of something, and we can work out a price >u<

╚══════════════╝

kalon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:22 am

bump!

Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pengu. » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:04 pm

ImageImage
Username:
Pengu.

Name:
Yunus

Newborn - Appears to be 300-400 years old.

Scout

Personality:
Upon a first glance, Yunus appears to be the type who is dangerous, coldhearted, and bloodthirsty. Compared to his companions that appeared through the blood moon, Yunus is quite unlike them. Others are struck with fear at his very appearance and that fact leaves them little time to get to know the one behind the looks. Yunus is quite honestly a very peaceful, timid creature. Being born into hard, troubling, times filled with death and destruction, Yunus wants to guide his species out of the darkness. He is quiet, methodical, logical, and calm at all times. Yunus can be cautious around strangers because of their natural tendency to fear him. As he was just born into this world, Yunus has a lot to learn but has showed wisdom beyond his age. He can come off as antisocial and cold to those who do not know him - however, Yunus is actually one of the sweetest, kindhearted lions you could meet in these harsh times.

Yunus is of a demeanor that is respected and looked up to. He is assured of himself and of his duty in life. He always holds his head up high and is looked up to by others, whether out of respect or fear is till unseen. Yunus prefers to stay out of arguments and physical fighting but if the situation comes to that he would fight for his kind and those he cares for. If pushed absolutely passed his temper, Yunus can be the most brutal of foes. When threatened to his breaking point, Yunus will throw everything he has out there to defeat the problem, and will do so ruthlessly and mercilessly. While he is kind, Yunus will not be walked over.

Yunus feels deeply alone because of the conditions of his creation. He has no family, few friends, and little companionship in his life. This can leave him longing for love and those he can protect. He is very open to relationships and to find something to fight for. Yunus wants his existence to have meaning, not to just be a creature feared for his entrance into this troubled world. This yearning is the dominating factor in the decisions and life choices that this lion makes. It drives him more than a raging fire. It makes him want to live in a world without this war and fighting so he will do his duty as a scout in the hopes that this war will come to an end soon.

History:
The only thing that Yunus can remember from his life before his physical existence is the feeling of heat. A dangerous, burning heat that could harm anyone but himself. Lava in a volcano. Ever changing, ever molding. If he felt any emotions, it was an intense sense of loneliness and fear. Like floating in a black, empty void with no knowledge of what else existed in the universe. This feeling seemed to last an eternity - minutes could seem like years and years could seem like eons in this time and space. No escape, only craving: an eternal void. Then, as if almost instantaneous, everything happened. The feeling of… life. He could feel his paws, legs, tail. He could not only feel but he could move. Wings ready to take of into the wind. Yunus was encompassed by this intense, bright light and thrust into a new world he would someday call his own. What he had hoped for in what had seemed like eternity was before him. However, it was hardly what he had expected. Blood. Death. Tears. All of this he had to take in with one simply moment and it was all too much. Yunus looked down to his paws, one stepped in a puddle of crimson blood. It was so clear, so crimson, that he could finally catch a glimpse of what he looked like. It scared him at first, as it had the others around him. The others of the blood moon emerged as well in a confusing mess of light and blood. He had a simple desire that blocked out all else - the desire to help. Yunus did not know what had happened here - he could not even begin to imagine. It drove him to swoop to their aid. To find everything he had been missing. Life. Love. Family. Happiness. However, this was all too much to take in all at once. Yunus did what felt right, took off in flight to observe and think.

His power of flight seemed to come naturally. It was embedded in his brains, bones, and wings. It was simply a part of Yunus such as the stars were light. The second power would come through struggle. He remembered the feeling in the void. The heat and how it felt so natural. He even glowed in it, a light, pulsating glow. The power of lava would come with time. Yunus would need a mentor in order to grasp the potential of his second power fully. Nonetheless, he could feel it coursing through his veins as it two was embedded as second nature in his mind.

After the initial shock had subsided, Yunus knew his purpose in this life was to help prevent another scene like he had just experienced. The blood, death and destruction was no way to enter into the world. He descended to the earth below and took everything in. He needed to meet with the others of his 'kind'. If not to be accepted by them but then at least because they had something in common. Whoever felt like he did, Yunus would call an ally. The feud was futile, in his mind, and the war pointless. Death was not the answer. Those who felt the same Yunus would soon find companionship in.

Naturally, do to the way he and his fellow companions entered their new world, it would take time for Yunus to be accepted into the society of lions now living on the planet. The sudden appearance of these lions could be considered a bad omen to some and they at first secluded Yunus from many things out of fear. He continued to long for acceptance and eventually he had it - but not after many struggling attempts. Yunus made a few friends in some of the more quiet lions like himself. One of the trackers, Malakye, had the same power over lava and the two became close as Yunus desired to learn how to fully control his powers. Yunus considers Malakye a close friend and mentor and whenever something is troubling the lion, he goes to Malakye for his input. Yunus also is a companion for Malakye during this war due to the fact he tries to keep Malakye focused on the light instead of allowing him to slip to the rebellion side of the spectrum. Yunus's second closest friend is Nunebis (Owned by Squirrelspirit). The three of these lions are a close knit group and the few that Yunus can confide anything in. Nunebis's powers not to mention his attitude also come in handy when Yunus is feeling down about his seclusion from other members of the pride. Yunus tries to make sure that Nunebis does not get too cocky because, as a blood event lion, he understands how precious life is and if you get overconfident you can lose it.

When Yunus was more comfortable in his new home he began to socialize more with the other lions and try to help in everything he could. His kind heart attracted many who could look past his appearance but he was searching for a deeper companionship - what he had been craving since his existence in the void. Yunus met many females around who he found an interest in, but none as much so as Wren (Owned by i am obviously a cat). Yunus noticed that Wren was as quiet as he was and just as uncomfortable around loud, boisterous personalities. As a surprise to him, Yunus was also entertained by her sarcastic behavior. Of course, you can not overlook the physical aspects of her beauty either. Yunus would not admit it openly to anyone other than those close to him, but he is attracted to Wren emotionally and physically. It is a good thing he has the patience to befriend even the most stubborn of lions.

First Flight:
As Yunus stepped through the pillar of light that brought him into the world he was filled with a complex series of emotions. Fear. Anxiety. Wonder. Peace. However, what he saw before him was anything but peaceful. In the midst of all of this chaos figures appeared out of the distance to not only greet him but others who had seemingly appeared in the same way as he. As he began to perhaps understand what he was and why he was here, he could notice and feel a sense of unease in those who looked at him. Their eyes filled with tears, horror, and uncertainty. What Yunus had been yearning for all of this time was hardly what he received. Too many things ran through his mind. He could not even speak - did he even know how? He only had the sudden urge to escape - to go back into the void he had come through. With a heavy heart, Yunus did the only thing that felt right. His leathery, bat like wings expanded and flapped dangerously at his sides, sending the others back. With a low, saddened growl, Yunus flapped his wings and escaped into the sky hoping to process even a small bit of what was happening to him. It was almost like second nature, being in the air. The noise and cries of the world below disappeared into a quiet sense of calm. Yunus found his peace there, gliding through the air and feeling the utter joy of simply being able to life. To breath. To hopefully one day love. He knew what he had to do. Yunus had a desire to learn - a desire to help whatever had happened to his new world of his. Hopefully, he would be accepted and not feared.

Extras:
Art by me.

Last edited by Pengu. on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Limited activity due to working full-time.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact me on dA, TH, or discord if need be.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chromatic. » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:55 am

Mark

Easy to find what's wrong, Harder to find what's right.

.I've changed for the better worst.
chromatic.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me