#3246 Title Below by hiraeth + hound

Based on Click to view
Artist hiraeth + hound [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
17 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

#3246 Title Below

Postby hiraeth + hound » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:48 pm

Sooty Dapple Bay Pangare Minimal Frame Overo w/ Birdcatcher Spots, Minimal Rabicano, and Somatic Mutation
Username: .Lone Wolf.
Nᴀᴍᴇ: Raised from Ashes \\ Phoenix Legions' Phoenix
Gᴇɴᴅᴇʀ: Gelding
[4 breedings]
Eye Color: Ghost Lavender (Blind)

Somatic Mutations may not pass down to look like smoke.
Last edited by hiraeth + hound on Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
┌─────┐

└─────┘
┌──────────────────┐

no longer active
avatar - saturnus . sig art - wolberdan
commissions

| DA | I G |

└──────────────────┘

hiraeth + hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #3246 Title Below

Postby heyheygirl101 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:11 pm

Username: heyheygirl101
Name; Anchor to the Other Side // Amara
Halter Color: Magenta with grey smoke like her markings
Personality: Amara seems slightly crazy, but it is merely because she can see what others cannot. In truth Amara can see the dead but it is often very difficult for her to decipher whether a horse is dead or alive. Which is why she appears to be crazy because she carries on conversations with thin air. Amara's soul purpose for being on this earth is to provide an easy way to pass over to the other side, something only 3 others share with her.
Smoke Meaning: Amara's smokey markings is something that to most seems hauntingly beautiful. When people describe like this she often has a little chuckle, because they don't know how right they are. Amara is an Anchor. Yeah you read that right, an Anchor, they provide a safe way to cross to the other side, the ghostly realm, heaven, what ever you decide to call it. Her markings are what make her noticeable to ghosts. In our realm they may be black, but in the ghostly realm they glow, which is why ghosts are always able to find her, and are so drawn to her. She shares these markings with 3 other beings, however they are unique to each individual.
1 Extra: story:
One Final Goodbye

I grazed next to my mother, it was just as any other day had started, I wanted milk but mother had told me no yet again, saying I had to learn to not depend on her for food, for we could be separated at anytime. I of course could think of how we could be seperated, owners loved us and would not part us. Sadly there are much stronger forces that can part a mother from her child.
It came suddenly, the sinister yowl of a cougar as it leaps towards its prey, giving it only warning enough to accept death, that was only if you knew you were the target. My mother thought I was the target, even I thought I was the target, but we were both wrong. The cougar had targeted my much stronger mother, and was hoping that she would come to get me away, a mother instinct can make them very easy prey.
I watched in shock as my mother lay dying before my eyes, the cougar had looked into my eyes and fled, then I had not known why, but know I all to well the reason others do not like to be close. "Amara..." My mother called, she was weak and near her end, I could tell by the searching look in her eyes. "Amara... Remember... Stay... Str...ong... In..." She did not finish her words. "Strong in what?" I cried "MOTHER?!" I realized then she was forever gone from my life and from my world.

I remember waking up in the barn, it was dark and I called for my mother before the events of the day returned to my mind, my body shook violently as I sobbed, remembering the way she had nuzzled me, and the sad fact that my mother would never be able to nuzzle me again. Then I heard a voice almost as faint as a whisper calling out to me, it had a similar sound to my mother's call but I knew it couldn't be. "Open your inner eyes" it called to me. What are inner eyes?, I thought to myself, utterly confused because my own eyes were open and I could see no one around me. So the question was who was talking. I decided that trying this inner eye opening couldn't do me any harm, a part of me still regrets that decision. I focused with my mind, trying to see what was obviously in front of me, scrunching up my features I knew I looked silly but I wanted to see what was obviously unseen to me before. After what felt like five minutes but couldn't have been more than one, I opened my eyes, and there before me stood a very pale and wispy version of my mother. Her voice came clear this time, "Amara remain calm, and do not touch me." she said forcefully. "I am still part of the dead, but you possess the same gift I did, you are an Anchor." Now it is important that you remember that I was not yet a yearling, and my mother who had not even 24 hours ago stood before me, albeit a little different but at that time I could not comprehend that she was dead, because she was so clearly alive. "Mother!" I cried out in joy I jumped towards her and then she was gone and the wispy grey world I had entered disappeared. "Mother?!?" I called. Her whispering call did not return, "MOTHER?!!?" I tried again and still nothing. My joy crumbled away from me in seconds, torn down by the grief that had returned to my heart with my mother's sudden disappearance. I curled into a tiny ball, as if I were curled up against her, and cried myself to sleep.

She nuzzled my cheek as she always did, when she wanted to wake me up. I pushed my head against it relishing in what love I could recieve in my dreams. "Wake up Amara." her whispy voice fluttered into my ear, "Wake Up." the force of the second opened my eyes, it was as if she had yelled it in my mind. I looked around confused for a moment before I realized I was back in this strange world of grey and smoke. "Mother?" I asked into the wisps. "Get up Amara. You must understand before I go." I panicked she could not leave me again, I had just gotten her back. "Go where?" I asked terrified of the answer, "You know where I must go Amara, I am dead." There it was the dreaded D word, the one I had been avoiding saying both inside of my head and outloud, because I believed if I did not acknowledge the fact that she was gone she couldn't be, and so far it had been working, because there she was right in front of me. "Amara listen to me quickly." my mother ordered. I forced myself to look into her eyes, the eyes which I shared with her. "You are what allows us to pass over to the greener pasture, you anchor the two worlds together, you are sorta like a bridge darling." she explained. "All you have to do is let me and spirits like me pass through, so that we do not get trapped in the void. Do you understand?" she asked and I froze because I truly didn't understand, it was coming at me so quickly that I wondered if I could even remember half of what she was saying after she had left me. "All you have to do Amara is open up your heart to me, and imagine that your heart holds the greener pastures, and that once I touch you I will transported there." I nodded my head in understanding and did as I was told, concetrating on opening up my heart my mother, and sending her to greener pastures. It was hard because I didn't want to say goodbye to her, I just wanted to have my mom again. I also didn't want to trap her in the void so I hoped and wished that made it there safely. I noticed then that my entire body started to glow, that's when I saw my mother's eyes, they were a sparkling purple, nothing like mine anymore. "Be strong my little Amara, and remember that I am always in your heart." her voice choked on the last word and her eyes welled up as mine had too. She gave me one last nuzzle, and the light my body had given off was gone, I was my normal colour and in my normal world again as tears started to roll down my face. "Goodbye mother..." I whispered as the tears started to flow and my breathes started to come in heaves. The last thing I remember from that night was her lingering nuzzle on my cheek.
Last edited by heyheygirl101 on Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌, 𝒞𝓇𝑜𝓌𝓁𝑒𝓎,
𝐼’𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝓈𝒶𝒾𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉, 𝒹𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒, 𝓎𝑜𝓊’𝓇𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓆𝓊𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝒶...

╔═════════════════════════╗
Hiya! I'm Heyhey <3
Pronouns are she/her and I am a proud bisexual Image
Trades are always open just may not always be accepted.
Links to my character storage below

╚═════════════════════════╝

𝒜𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉, 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉,
𝒯𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑜𝓁𝑒
𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹, 𝓌𝒽𝓎 𝒹𝑜𝓃’𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊?
heyheygirl101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BluebonnetBree » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:36 pm

Username: Mother~of~Dragons
    Name; Divine Blessings - Skye
    Halter Color: surprise me c:
    Personality: selfless - affable - nurturing - curious - leader
    Smoke Meaning: The legend goes that each foal in its mothers' womb is created, or "painted", by a divine spirit. The five divines are: Corruption, Enlightenment, Tranquility, Fortitude, and the rarest divine being the Creator who has the power of all the divines. When a foal is developing in womb it is essentially a blank canvas free of anything that the world would offer and protected or destroyed by its mothers' choices. If a mother is wise or seeking to teach the foal much knowledge the divine, Enlightenment, would paint a foal worthy of the mothers traits before it's born. Each divine has patterns or coats they paint onto the foal that show the mother they have been blessed by a divine and thus will never stray to any other divine influence. While some see the strange markings as a sign of danger Skye see's them as a glorious gift from the Creator. He gave her the ghostly lavender eyes signaling her Tranquility, the overo and rabicano represent her Enlightenment, the dapples and birdcatcher spots represent her Fortitude, her sooty bay pangare coat is the direct influence from the Creator, and the "smoke markings" which cover a good portion of her body represent her Corruption. She will experience all the gifts of the divines throughout her entire life until the day she dies and gives her gifts back.
    Favorite Song: The Skye Boat Song from Outlander
      Sing me a song of a lass that is gone
      Say could that lass be I?
      Merry of soul she sailed on a day
      Over the sea to Skye

Billow and breeze, islands and seas
      Mountains of rain and sun
      All that was good, all that was fair
      All that was me is gone

(Repeats first part x1)

hopefully the lyrics don't count as an extra as I only added them because it's kind of hard to understand what the words are
Last edited by BluebonnetBree on Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hello! Please call me Bree <3
I'm always available to talk if you need to!
She/Her pronouns
I'm an artist for Range Trotters & Lone Bashkir Curlys please check them out!
ImageImage
Bluebonnet Creek Ranch
^My current stable page^
BluebonnetBree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby guilttripping » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:52 pm

Username:
Name;
Personality:
Smoke Meaning:
1 Extra:
guilttripping

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~:Saddles&Bridles:~ » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:52 am

mark
Mood:
art by me, avatar by hellohihi
~:Saddles&Bridles:~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dreamwalker » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:16 am

--
Last edited by dreamwalker on Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

dreamwalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shep » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:51 am

dropping out. > <
Last edited by Shep on Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iBrevity » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:02 am

Username: iBrevity
Name;
Halter Color: Glossy black
Personality:

Smoke Meaning:

1 Extra:

[wip]
Last edited by iBrevity on Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

[art by Baylin]

brev [she/her]

kalon moderator
approvals are -- closed
iBrevity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mommy Amon » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:56 am

▐▐ ▌
Image Image
▐▐ ▌

Image Dalgony Image

▐▐ ▌
Image Image
▐▐ ▌

Image Saturn Image

▐▐ ▌
Image Image
▐▐ ▌

Image Male Image

▐▐ ▌
Image Image
▐▐ ▌

Image Surprise x) Image

▐▐ ▌
Image Image
▐▐ ▌

Image Calm, wise, always smiling, helping, rarely upset. Intelligent. Based on this song (listen to it while reading the smoke meaning c:) Image

▐▐ ▌
Image Image
▐▐ ▌

Image Saturn lives with a shaman named Inyanga. He considers him his family, therefore ever leaving him doesn't ever cross his mind. They both live in a small village. Saturn is the mascot of the town, well known and loved by all. However his shaman friend isn't as liked. His scary looking clothing and 'creepy' posture scares away most of the citizens, so Saturn is sent into the insides of the town for him whenever he needs anything. They are rarely seen outside together, but that's only because even though shamans are known to be brave magic dealers, Inyanga is very fragile (his name comes from South Africa, meaning he is a shaman concerned with medicine from plants and animals), and every mean word or bad look hurts him deeply, so he prefers to stay at home and send Saturn for whatever he needs. The smoke was permanently drawn on Saturn by Inyanga right at the start of their friendship, as a sign that he is his life long soulmate. In other small villages close to the one they live in, other shamans also have horse partners. It's like a tradition in the area. Saturn's beautiful eyes help him see, since due to his friend's age, his sight has become faulty. Image

▐▐ ▌
Image Image
▐▐ ▌

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Mommy Amon on Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

╔═════════════════════════╗
Dms and trades open
╚═════════════════════════╝

ImageImageImage

╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Commissions and art trades open, pm or dm on discord - daluniak
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Mommy Amon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby noreptiles_ » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:03 am

Usᴇʀɴᴀᴍᴇ
.Lone Wolf.

Nᴀᴍᴇ
Raised from Ashes \\ Phoenix
Legions' Phoenix

Gᴇɴᴅᴇʀ
Gelding
[4 breedings]

Hᴀʟᴛᴇʀ Cᴏʟᴏʀ
Pure white w/ sooty buckles

Pᴇʀsᴏɴᴀʟɪᴛʏ
He's extremely calm, and never gets angry. A few are scared of him, due to his past, and he gets spacy due to what happened. He finds difficulty in making friends, and is a loner, but that won't stop him from helping others, even if they hate him. Even though he is blind, he doesn't let it slow him down, making him very strong-willed and brave. Dove lives on in his mind, almost like his own angel to help him do right and save others from wrong.

Sᴍᴏᴋᴇ Mᴇᴀɴɪɴɢ
Dove and I were born on the same stormy night, I don't remember much except the thunder and lightning, and my mum dying, slipping off to sleep from too much blood loss. Everyone was devastated, she was their best mare, but it didn't matter because moments later, Dove was born, and they all rushed to save her, placing us in the same stall. Her mum died too. The wind outside howled, making the barn creak, and the power went off darkness consuming us, and I fearfully whinnied. I wanted my mum, why did she have to go? Dove nuzzled my side weakly and I looked over and pressed my nose to hers, instantly calmed.
That's when the fire started, one of the lights broke, and a single spark fell in the back of the barn, erupting in sinister flames. We both couldn't move, immobilized by fear, rooted to the ground. Around us, stable hands rushed to save the horses as the crackling fire consumed everything in it's path. They kept on running past our stall, have they forgotten about us? I had no strength though, the smoke filled my lungs, it seemed to crawl up my legs, leaving a mark wherever it touched me. Sparks flickered around us, singing our still wet manes and tails, and as it landed on me, it created a fiery dapple that seemed to glow.
Eventually, the anguished fire was stopped, but it was too late for us. Drowsiness tugged at my body, threating to pull me away to the abyss, where my mum would be, but a bright flash opened them. It was Dove, she was glowing, and I could feel my strength returning, her muzzle pressed to mine. She was giving her life to me, so one of us could survive, and I was touched, my heart healed, and another flash, and she disappeared. I could feel her warmth around me, and her voice in my head.
"The war is won, before it's begun, release the doves, surrender love... I'll raise you like a phoenix."
I rose on know steady legs, the fire burning within me, all I could see was blackness, but it was a sacrifice I could survive with, blindness for life. No one survived the fire, but me, for I held the fire, the smoke, the embers within, a phoenix from ash.

Exᴛʀᴀ - Aʀᴛ
Last edited by noreptiles_ on Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

[⌦] THE
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
don't remove
Hᴇʟʟᴏ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ!
Cᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ ɴᴏʀᴇ,
I ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ .Lᴏɴᴇ Wᴏʟғ.

don't remove
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
S THE MASTER
▬ // OF HIS \\ ▬