Brindle Black Minimal Blanket by Lilian Nightshade

Based on Click to view
Artist Lilian Nightshade [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 27 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Brindle Black Minimal Blanket

Postby Lilian Nightshade » Thu May 28, 2015 4:03 pm

To try for him, you will have to write a short story(max. 600 words) about his first time with a thuderstorm. ^^

Bentley wrote:Username: Bentley
Name: Torael
Type: Runner
Height: 112 cm
Story To say it was a dark and stormy night may be cliche, but there was really no other way to describe it. Well, Tor's mother had a few choice words, but they were neither here nor there in his young mind. The thunderstorm had rolled in quite suddenly, the thunder and lightning almost nonexistent before it was right on top of them, the light arcing through the clouds and toward the ground while the sound... oh, the sound! Torael's ears were pinned back, and he was hunkered between his mother's front legs, but it rattled the ground and he felt as though he could feel the air, charged and smelling sharp and bitter, shaking around them. Perhaps he was whimpering? He couldn't hear it, not over the torrent of rain that was smashing against the shallow rock cave that they'd taken shelter in, or the steady stream that was forming down the side of the hill next to them, splashing against the stone on its way down to the lake.

Torael was terrified.

He shook, pressing his nose into his mother's fetlock, trying to comfort himself with her scent. She was so sturdy, so brave! She was standing so strong against the horrible wind, the splash of rain that still managed to hit them, the noise, and those awful, awful flashes of light! He admired her; though he didn't really know any other does, he counted himself lucky that she was the one protecting him now, nursing him and caring for him until he could grow up as big and strong and brave as she was.

He could only just her it between the rolls of thunder, but she made a soft clicking noise as she twisted slightly to look down at him properly, her forelock and chest fluff brushing his head and shoulders. Without warning, she stepped back, gently nudging Tor toward the entrance (toward the storm!), and shifting her legs so that he couldn't hide again. She didn't abandon him to his fear, though; he could just barely see her dark form in the shadow, a warm presence flanking him just as much as she was encouraging him out.

The first drops of rain after he had left the safety of the cove were harsh, beating things that instantly soaked through his coat. But then... then he felt it. The strain of wild and free, and as his bravery grew, as he realized that he wasn't hurting, he didn't have to be scared, he saw it: the nameless thing that made his mother so brave, so strong, it was in him, too, and he could harness it if he could get over his fears as they presented themselves.

The thunder boomed high above them both; Torael answered, his tiny little wheet deceptively full of courage and will.
Last edited by Lilian Nightshade on Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
.....*Flight Rising*....*Deviantart*.....

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
~
The lone wanderer. So tired, so miserable.
All but a mere shadow of an once vibrant soul.

Cursed by fate, burdened by sorrow.
Sentenced to a life of nothing but loneliness...
It looks like not everyone deserves a happy ending, after all.
~

Lilian Nightshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Brindle Black Minimal Blanket

Postby Medd-Lee » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:25 pm

Username:
Name:
Story

Res, WIP :)
He's so awesome!
unnessecary links wrote:Characters(old, LOL)
My SMWs(closed)
Flight Rising(idk why)
3k+ Chickens(active!)

Hi! I'm Medd! They/them please.
I am sometimes hard to reach on CS! If you need me quickly try Toyhouse(Medd-Lee), thanks!
Most links are outdated, sorry guys!
Medd-Lee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:20 pm

Username: Bentley
Story To say it was a dark and stormy night may be cliche, but there was really no other way to describe it. Well, Tor's mother had a few choice words, but they were neither here nor there in his young mind. The thunderstorm had rolled in quite suddenly, the thunder and lightning almost nonexistent before it was right on top of them, the light arcing through the clouds and toward the ground while the sound... oh, the sound! Torael's ears were pinned back, and he was hunkered between his mother's front legs, but it rattled the ground and he felt as though he could feel the air, charged and smelling sharp and bitter, shaking around them. Perhaps he was whimpering? He couldn't hear it, not over the torrent of rain that was smashing against the shallow rock cave that they'd taken shelter in, or the steady stream that was forming down the side of the hill next to them, splashing against the stone on its way down to the lake.

Torael was terrified.

He shook, pressing his nose into his mother's fetlock, trying to comfort himself with her scent. She was so sturdy, so brave! She was standing so strong against the horrible wind, the splash of rain that still managed to hit them, the noise, and those awful, awful flashes of light! He admired her; though he didn't really know any other does, he counted himself lucky that she was the one protecting him now, nursing him and caring for him until he could grow up as big and strong and brave as she was.

He could only just her it between the rolls of thunder, but she made a soft clicking noise as she twisted slightly to look down at him properly, her forelock and chest fluff brushing his head and shoulders. Without warning, she stepped back, gently nudging Tor toward the entrance (toward the storm!), and shifting her legs so that he couldn't hide again. She didn't abandon him to his fear, though; he could just barely see her dark form in the shadow, a warm presence flanking him just as much as she was encouraging him out.

The first drops of rain after he had left the safety of the cove were harsh, beating things that instantly soaked through his coat. But then... then he felt it. The strain of wild and free, and as his bravery grew, as he realized that he wasn't hurting, he didn't have to be scared, he saw it: the nameless thing that made his mother so brave, so strong, it was in him, too, and he could harness it if he could get over his fears as they presented themselves.

The thunder boomed high above them both; Torael answered, his tiny little wheet deceptively full of courage and will.
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Streak » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:24 pm

Username: Streak
Name: Kotu
Story (Told from the horse's point of view)
I'd been running through my pasture all day. I stopped at my water trough to get a drink. The cold water felt good on the tip of my muzzle. The word around me got dark all of a sudden. It couldn't be night, the last time I'd looked up I saw the sun high in the sky. Now it was a dark grey. Something else, something new, different, had happened. I began to be a bit worried, but it showed no harm so I assumed that I'd lost track of time when having fun running. I grazed a bit, eating some tall grass. A scent of oats floated through the air and I knew dinner was here. I forgot about the darkness and went to eat my oats.

I heard a loud, underscribable noise. I jumped, startled. The sound wasn't like my master shouting orders, it was gone as quickly as it came. It didn't have an exact location. It scared me, it sounded like it came from everywhere. I jerked my head out of the red bucket nailed on a fence post. I looked around to try to pinpoint the sound but I just couldn't. I wondered if the sound was connected to the darkness. They both seemed to have come from everywhere! I began to gallop along the fenceline, frantically this time, not for fun. I had no idea what the noise and darkness were, nor how to escape them.

As if things couldn't get worse, stick-like bolts of light began to strike through the darkness. It was almost blinding seeing as how my eyes had adjusted to the darkness. I thought not knowing where the creepy things came from was bad, knowing was worse. The bolts were very, very close. Way to close for comfort. I wondered what happened if one hit me, but it was creepy, so I didn't want to know. I could tell the bolts got closer each time. It was the scariest part yet, the odd light sticks appeared to be chasing me.

Well, what had happened so far hadn't harmed me, just visuals and sounds. Then I began to feel water, like when my master's little girl playfully squirts water at me from the hose, but like the noise and darkness, it was everywhere. I tried to run away from it, to a different side of the pasture. That didn't work. It poured down hard, now all of it was combined. The darkness. The sound. The light. The water. I couldn't escape any of it. It was terrifying, to this day it is still the scariest thing I have ever experienced, but like anything, it ended somewhere.

First the noise and bolts began to fade into the distance, moving on to the next town to attack. Then the water moved on, there were still puddles on the ground, and I was soaked. Puddles like when I'm not careful when I get a drink of water. Then, the sun came out and I realized the darkness was just dark clouds that covered the sky, and brought all that scary stuff with them. I heard a familiar joyous neigh. Winter! Mom! She'd been at the barn, getting her feet trimmed. I nuzzled my nose in her warm white fur for comfort. I asked her, she said they're called thunderstorms. They only happen occasionally, maybe once or twice a month. I was glad Winter told me, I'm not afraid of them anymore.
Last edited by Streak on Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝓂𝑒 𝑜𝓃
𝒶 𝓏𝑒𝓃𝒾𝓉𝒽

streak
she/her
bisexual
beechclan
buttermilks
my kals
minigames

art by foxe on fr

Streak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~north~ » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:36 am

Username: ~north~
Name: Tiercel
Story
The wind was blowing weird, which made Tiercel nervous. He couldn't remember wind blowing like this, EVER. It smelled scary. The sun was gone too. And the sky wasn't blue! It was the color of dirt, and the color of little pebbles. He asked his momma if the sky had turned into a rock like the ones he saw sometimes, but she chided him gently. "It's only clouds," she told him, smiling quietly. "That means it's going to rain soon."

Tiercel didn't think that was right, though. Momma had shown him clouds before, and those were white and fluffy, not dark and pebbly. And they definitely didn't cover the whole sky! But he didn't say anything, only snuggled closer to Momma and watched the sky with wide blue eyes.

All afternoon Momma kept on grazing as if nothing was happening. Tiercel was worried, though. The world was ending, he knew it! How could Momma pretend that the sky wasn't weird and black? Night-time was coming early too, it was already dark! Even if he wasn't sure what the sky meant or why the wind smelled like that, Tiercel was sure that this was way too early for night.

FINALLY, Momma decided she was done, and Tiercel stuck close as she led the way to a ridge of stone. There was a place where the rock hung over the ground, and she ducked underneath. Tiercel followed close behind.

That's when it hit him, SPLAT! on his head. Tiercel leapt up with a squeak as he pulled into the shelter. "Mooommmmaaaa," he wailed, "the sky is falling!"

Momma only smiled, bending to nuzzle his nose. "It's rain, that's all," she said comfortingly. "See? Just water. It falls to make the grass grow green."

All around, things were going splat, on the trees and on the ground. Tiercel poked his nose out, and was rewarded with a PLOOSH! and a wet nose. He yanked his head back in.

"The sky is falling," he insisted, tears coming to his eyes. "A-and... tomorrow i-it w-will be a-a-alll go-goooone...." He ended in a wail, pressing himself against Momma as he watched the sky come down in big wet pieces everywhere as everything got darker and darker.

Suddenly, everything lit up for the briefest second, and an amazing CRACK! sounded far above, and then a long rumble like the mountain was falling. Tiercel trembled. This was it. The world was ended.

Then Momma was there. She nuzzled, licking his tears away. "It'll be alright," she promised. "You'll see." She laid down, and Tiercel buried himself in her mane as she began to hum soothingly. "The sky will not fall, and it will still be there in the morning. But even if the sky does fall," she promised, "I will keep you safe always and forever."

"Even if?" Tiercel asked as he lifted his head slightly.

"Even if," Momma promised again with a smile.

All around, the rain fell and thunder rumbled like the mountain was falling. But Tiercel snuggled even closer to his momma, because he knew that she'd keep him safe- even if the world did end, even if the sky fell down. And he wasn't afraid, because he knew Momma was there.

Morning came, and Tiercel blinked against the bright light to see that the sky was blue again. It hadn't fallen! It was still there!

"Look, Tiercel," Momma said happily. "A rainbow!"

Across the sky was a brilliant band of bright colors, and Tiercel squeaked at it happily. Everything was all right after all.... But even if, Momma would be there!

(597 words)
--Lichter sehen.--
WME Challenge
My DAMs:
Fugitive | Belenus | Zareen
My Pseudodragon, Sparrow
My Nukitta, Peregrine

I used to be Trou, please do not steal this as I may go back! Thank you!
~north~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby benjeep » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:18 am

Username: The Master Doctor
Name:
Story "Embrace the storm."
Last edited by benjeep on Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
no name brand™ // transman // adult // raging gay // infp // kylux and harringrove trash
benjeep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lucky Strike <3 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:43 pm

Username: Lucky Strike <3
Name: Chavo (Ch-ah-VOH)
Story As a young buck, Chavo was one for adventure and swashbuckling, always attempting to prove himself to the other bull-headed bucks he surrounded himself with. On one particularly dreary day, Chavo decided enough was enough after he had been stuck in his thicket all day to avoid the light drizzle of a spring shower that dampened the forest around him. As he trodded along he was quick to discover why he had stayed in the dry security of his thicket. Quickly becoming annoyed with his black mane draping across his eyes, he stopped and quickly shook out his dark fur but as he did so, a deep grumble startled him. He froze, pricking his furry ears to a point of wrinkling the skin on his forehead, long tail twitching and low in confusion. His head swivled to the left and right as he slowly began to move forward. Suddenly a flash lit up the forest and the loudest sound he had ever experienced in his entire life made his heart jump into his throat. The rain began to fall harder and fatter, soaking him completely as his eyes widened and he reared, a surprised noise escaping his throat. The flashing and sounds continued as his body jolted forward, barely being able to keep control over his emotions before he tumbled into his thicket. His body quivered and his breathing heavy and labored. Upon settling into his normal spot, he decided it was best to stay in for the day.
Lucky Strike <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whisky » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:11 pm

Username:
Name:
Story

Possible? res <3
Image Bae Image
I’m weak, and what’s wrong with that ? Boy oh boy I love it when I fall for that.

Please stay safe. Do you need help?
Please look at the info below? <3

7 Cups of Tea
Lifeline Crisis Chat
For Telephone support in the U.S.:
1.800.SUICIDE
(800)442-4673 .... U.S. Suicide Hotline
(877)838-2838 .... Veterans peer support line
(800)784-2432 .... Spanish speaking suicide hotline
(877)968-8454 .... teen to teen peer counseling hotline
(800)472-3457 .... Grad student hotline
(800)773-6667 .... Post partum depression hotline
International Suicide Hotlines.:
here !
Outside the U.S. site: befrienders
-------------------
by me!

whisky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby parlaymars » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:29 pm

Username: I ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ Ian ♥
Name: Loraz
Story Rain began to pelt his back and his herd, flattening his fur and getting in his ears. Loraz snorted and shook his head, mindful of the pouring rain. The others began to move faster, wanting to find shelter in the dense forests of their home. Wind rattled the trees and a clap of thunder startled the nukittas around him, but Loraz did not spook. He could no more hear the thunder than he could anything else, born deaf in the wild left him crippled and weak - but he hadn't died, as his mother and all the others had thought. He managed.

Turning his face to the rain, he let the frigid waters wash away the dirt from his face. Bracingly cold and shockingly numbing, soon he was left behind - not that his herd cared much for him or he for them. Still, he did not want to be too far from them, even though they did not love him. To be alone was to die. Sighing, although he could only feel the rumble in his chest and not the exhaled breath, Loraz turned and picked his way after his departing herd. Soon he would leave them. Soon. But not yet. Pricking ears that did nothing to help him navigate the woods, he plunged into the underbrush with only a single longing glance backwards, towards the sky.
parlaymars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lilian Nightshade » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:09 am

I'm so, so sorry for the long wait to judge this one. I've been super busy lately and only now I got finally free from university to enjoy some peace during July break.

Anyway, here's the winner!

Bentley wrote:Username: Bentley

Torael was terrified.

I absolutely loved your story. It's just so lovely and your writing was quite touching as well, congrats! ^^
.....*Flight Rising*....*Deviantart*.....

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
~
The lone wanderer. So tired, so miserable.
All but a mere shadow of an once vibrant soul.

Cursed by fate, burdened by sorrow.
Sentenced to a life of nothing but loneliness...
It looks like not everyone deserves a happy ending, after all.
~

Lilian Nightshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me