Pseudodragon #345 by Lilian Nightshade

Based on Click to view
Artist Lilian Nightshade [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 45 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
31 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Pseudodragon #345

Postby Lilian Nightshade » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:51 am

I designed this girl quite a long time ago and never really felt like posting her. Due to real life business, it's also been a while since I last made a pseudo and I really miss making these guys, so I decided to finally adopt her out. ^^

To try for this girl, just tell me about her. Describe the character you have in mind for her in any way you want(telling me about her past, personality, perks, flaws, etc) and basically show me why it would match this pseudo so much, all in one answer. You're free to babble away and write it in multiple paragraphs... but organizing your form by listing fancy mini "chapters"(separating topics like story, personality, etc in big blocks) will count as extras, and extras are not allowed in this contest.

Prettying up also is fine as long as it's nothing massive and a menace to my eyes.

This contest will be closed on April 30th.

A.J. Birdie wrote:Username: A.J. Birdie
Name: Koa
Tell me about her:
Koa was born in the deepest part of the forest. She lived there with her mother until, one stormy night they were separated and Koa was left alone. From a young age, Koa grew tough and fiercely independent. She takes orders from no one, goes where the wind takes her, and does what she pleases. It seems to some that Koa is fearless, as she dares to climb the highest trees, risking attacks from birds and monkeys to take the tenderest fruits or feet the warm sunlight on her vibrant scales, but even the dauntless Koa has something that haunts her at night. Koa has always been afraid of rain and thunder- maybe not necessarily afraid but she has had a deep hatred of it since the night when she was separated from her mother. You see, because, losing her mother was somewhat Koa's fault, and that's what she tells herself and lives with every day. That night, Koa had gotten into a fight with her mother. They had fought before, but not like this. Koa had lived her entire life without a father, and naturally, she was curious as to who the mystery man was. Trouble was, her mother wouldn't let on, so Koa pushed her and pushed her until, her mother snapped. She told her that it was none of her concern who her father was. That he was a cheat and a liar and a scoundrel. That he was a mistake and what they did was a mistake. Hurt and unstable, Koa assumed her mother meant that she was the mistake. Taking off, blindly, into the storm, Koa ran away from her mother. She ran under she couldn't run anymore and collapsed under a tangle of roots. Soaked to the bone, Koa curled in on herself to get warm. When she woke, the storm was over and her mother was nowhere to be found. Koa tried hard to find her way back to her, but the rain washed away any trace of a trail or scent. So, Koa was alone. Ever since the sound of rain and thunder was a haunting reminder of what she did and who she lost that night. She knows know that her mother had mis-spoken, or she had misunderstood. She was not a mistake. Her mother had loved her dearly with all her heart, but now, it was time for her to move on. So, Koa roams the forest, occasionally stopping every now and then to rest or catch the beauty of the world around her. In her experiences, Koa has gained an expanse knowledge in astronomy and often uses the stars as a guide. She also has a keen knowledge of horticulture, but since she's not a healer, its a skill she rarely uses. Nowadays, Koa keeps to herself as she lives out her days doing as she pleases. She sometimes wonders if she'll ever settle down but then thinks, 'no.'
Last edited by Lilian Nightshade on Thu May 21, 2015 5:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
.....*Flight Rising*....*Deviantart*.....

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
~
The lone wanderer. So tired, so miserable.
All but a mere shadow of an once vibrant soul.

Cursed by fate, burdened by sorrow.
Sentenced to a life of nothing but loneliness...
It looks like not everyone deserves a happy ending, after all.
~

Lilian Nightshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pseudodragon #345

Postby rockosaur » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:54 am

mark<3

╭────✰────╮
hi I'm rocko!
Any pronouns are fine
Shoot me a pm if you
need/want to talk!
I'm generally not very active
╰────✰────╯
╭────✰────╮
Art shop
Custom (base) design shop
open for USD only
╰────✰────╯
rockosaur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PerfectWorld » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:02 pm

marking because I can
PerfectWorld

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby modern » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:23 pm

Mark pretty baby
modern
i do commissions- link here
commission status- closed
mystic veil adopts
modern

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scion Hanzo » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:41 am

Username:
    Capsicle

Name:
    Lagertha

Tell me about her:

Lagertha is known,by everybody that has ever met her, to be extremely loud and outgoing. She really loves meeting new people, and will jump at the opportunity to introduce herself. She get's excited about almost anything, and usually when this happens her tail will twitch quickly. Everybody knows that when they see the tail twitch they will get a giant burst of happiness from her. She is also extremely kind, even towards those she doesn't know well. Lagertha always wants others to be happy. This want stems from the fact that she is happy and stress free most of the time, and she loves her life the way it is.
    One negative thing about her, even if she tells you that it isn't bad, is that she is too overconfident about everything she does. Almost to the point where she is a little cocky. She takes pride in everything she does, but sometimes she gets clouded by the pride she has in herself and thinks she is the best at anything she does. She can also be too trusting, usually trusting a person right when she sees them. This comes from her idea that everybody is naturally good at heart, and therefore she should automatically assume that everybody is good. Though, sometimes this is proven wrong very quickly and she has to suffer the consequences of a broken heart of a broken friendship caused by them telling her secrets.

One of her all time favorite hobbies is hiking. Lagertha is extremely adventurous, usually hating having to stay in the same place for more than a few months. She starts to get wanderlust; getting the strong urge to explore more and see what else is out in the world. Though, she will always return home at some point. She loves where she lives and would rather die than to leave it permanently. On these explorations, she always searches for any unique rocks to bring back home to her collection. She has two entire shelves filled up with oddly colored or oddly shaped rocks.

Lagertha grew up in a very small community that lies at the base of a mountain. The weather is always warm, which might be the reason that Lagertha has a strong dislike for the cold. A few yards away from her home, which is in the community but placed further in the forest surrounding it, is a large lake. Lagertha loves to swim in the lake when it gets into the hotter months, and will sometimes play with the children in the community in the lake. Growing up near a mountain has also made her love them. When she is out exploring, she will sometimes just stop and take in the view if there are any mountains around her.
    She would love to one day find a mate and have a family of her own. But for right now, she is too much of a free-spirit and her domestic side has not started to take root yet.
Last edited by Scion Hanzo on Fri May 01, 2015 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scion Hanzo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koegami » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:44 am

Mark
    koe - adult | mostly inactive | only here for simas
    discord: koegami | toyhou.se: koegami / alavii-cs

RIP: [UNCLE B] 1/6/2016 || [ROCKY] 8/14/2020 || [GPA] 2/27/2021
    RIP: [THICK44] 2/13/2023 || BIGGERTON OUNCERTON] 10/19/2023 || [AKIRA TORIYAMA] 3/1/2024

THANK U & GOODBYE: [MAGGIE] 3/4/2021
koegami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stabbrielle » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:19 pm

Username: A.J. Birdie
Name: Koa
Tell me about her:
Koa was born in the deepest part of the forest. She lived there with her mother until, one stormy night they were separated and Koa was left alone. From a young age, Koa grew tough and fiercely independent. She takes orders from no one, goes where the wind takes her, and does what she pleases. It seems to some that Koa is fearless, as she dares to climb the highest trees, risking attacks from birds and monkeys to take the tenderest fruits or feet the warm sunlight on her vibrant scales, but even the dauntless Koa has something that haunts her at night. Koa has always been afraid of rain and thunder- maybe not necessarily afraid but she has had a deep hatred of it since the night when she was separated from her mother. You see, because, losing her mother was somewhat Koa's fault, and that's what she tells herself and lives with every day. That night, Koa had gotten into a fight with her mother. They had fought before, but not like this. Koa had lived her entire life without a father, and naturally, she was curious as to who the mystery man was. Trouble was, her mother wouldn't let on, so Koa pushed her and pushed her until, her mother snapped. She told her that it was none of her concern who her father was. That he was a cheat and a liar and a scoundrel. That he was a mistake and what they did was a mistake. Hurt and unstable, Koa assumed her mother meant that she was the mistake. Taking off, blindly, into the storm, Koa ran away from her mother. She ran under she couldn't run anymore and collapsed under a tangle of roots. Soaked to the bone, Koa curled in on herself to get warm. When she woke, the storm was over and her mother was nowhere to be found. Koa tried hard to find her way back to her, but the rain washed away any trace of a trail or scent. So, Koa was alone. Ever since the sound of rain and thunder was a haunting reminder of what she did and who she lost that night. She knows know that her mother had mis-spoken, or she had misunderstood. She was not a mistake. Her mother had loved her dearly with all her heart, but now, it was time for her to move on. So, Koa roams the forest, occasionally stopping every now and then to rest or catch the beauty of the world around her. In her experiences, Koa has gained an expanse knowledge in astronomy and often uses the stars as a guide. She also has a keen knowledge of horticulture, but since she's not a healer, its a skill she rarely uses. Nowadays, Koa keeps to herself as she lives out her days doing as she pleases. She sometimes wonders if she'll ever settle down but then thinks, 'no.'
Last edited by stabbrielle on Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
stabbrielle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zoker » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:01 am

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Username:
Zoker

Name:
Her name is Orabelle.
I chose the name as it means 'a beautiful sea coast' which is precisely what the bright
markings of her body looks liked in my eyes. However the name is often shortened to just 'Ora'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tell me about her:

Her story:

It was the perfect day to visit the sea. The sun's gentle rays warmed the bare back and shoulders of the humans and pseudodragons who were enjoying the beach. The water was transparent and waves lapped up to the creamy white sand of the sea-shore. A soft breeze swayed the leaves of the palm trees and the sound of laughter and waves echoed in the air.
It was truly a beautiful day.

In the crook between two boulders; unseen by human eyes sat a vibrant pseudodragon. Her name was Orabelle and she lived in a boat-rent shop. Spread before her, was a shocking array diverse seashells. Food was scarce as the coast she lived in was not a fishing ground and the nearest village to the beach was one hour away. So when Ora had matured to adulthood, she had started to look for a better means of finding food other than scavenging from what the humans left behind when visiting the beach. And so she had started collecting sea-shells of diverse patterns, sizes, colors and shapes and trading them for food to the pseudodragons who visited the beach. Although it didn't pay well, it was her only source of food.

As the day trudged on and the heat increased, Ora started to grow restless. This was the first day of the holiday season and she had expected to make good sales. Only one of her seashell had been sold and the food she had received was not enough for.......them.
But she wasn't the one to give up easily. Although, she was young she had had fair share of hardships; Ora had been through many pitfalls but every time she had stood up, dusted herself and continued on her journey. With renewed energy, she started calling out to potential customers highlighting her goods and her prices!

Two hours later, she had successfully managed to sell two more seashells! Pride filled her as she looked at the bits of food she had got in exchanged of the seashells she had spend hours collecting the night before. The food was still not enough but it was better than nothing. In front of her, the sea stretched endless, glistening in the afternoon sun. The crowd had thinned out a bit and not many pseudodragons were around, so Ora decided to take a quick dip in the ocean to cool of her heated body. She tucked her precious shells and food behind a huge boulder and bounded off to the ocean.

But when she came back, her joy and spirit was almost shattered. With a depressing cry she discovered a few young pseudodragons munching away happily at her hard-earned food. When they say her sprinting towards them, hissing ferociously, the young dragons quickly grabbed some of her best sea-shells and bounded off. As Ora reached her spot, she found that the entire food was gone and so were her best shells. It was no use going after those young pseudos, they had disappeared in the crowd. Angry and upset, Ora stomped her foot and started pacing on the white sand, hissing and cursing under her breath. She felt defeated and exhausted.

But Ora was no ordinary girl. She held in her heart a flame of determination and willpower. The blow she had just received had drained a lot of her energy but the will to bring back home food gnawed at her heart. Her empty stomach rumbled, reminding Ora that giving was not a n option. So all over again, Ora started; hawking her leftover goods to potential customers at the top of her lungs. But as the sky turned pink and the sun started its descent downwards, the crowd of humans and pseudodragons alike started packing up their goods and leaving. It was no good, no one was paying any attention to Ora.

Desperate now, not to return empty handed, Ora tucked her remaining shells deep inside the and under a boulder to keep them safe and went out, melting into the crowd to scavenge for food. Humans usually left a lot of garbage on beaches and if she were lucky she would find bits of food along with the garbage. It was unhygienic and unhealthy but Ora was out of options. She spotted a paper bag half buried in the sand. Scurrying quickly, she reached it and peed inside. Crumbs of what looked like chicken were left. At the sight of food, her stomach did flip flops but she knew that she needed to bring back the food home for....them. Ora gathered up the chicken pieces, wrapped them in a piece of candy wrapper and tied it on her back. It was getting dark now and the sun was near the horizon, almost dipping below the sea. Her heart thudding, she ran around wildly checking through garbage for foods; she had to reach home before nightfall.

As the sun disappeared, Ora had successfully scavenged a half eaten french fry and a tiny little piece of apple along with the chicken crumbs. The food she had collected was not even enough to fill a little pseudo's stomach. Sighing, she gave up looking for more food and went back home with a heavy heart. The boat-rent shop she lived had a crack in one of its window. She slipped in through it, and went behind one of the old boats that were never rented. There was a crack in the floorboards, hidden from human eyes. She squeezed in through it and dropped down below to a very low built old crawlspace.

The place was dark and had only some light filtering through a hole in the wall. Cobwebs filled the entire area and the place stank a lot. But it was home for Orabelle and....

......." Hey Ora! You are back!!!! " a raspy voice exclaimed and something came scutting towards Ora from the dark corners of the crawlspace. A little grey and blue psuedodragon came into her focus. It was Ike, the youngest member of the pseudodragon family that lived with her.

Orabelle hugged Ike and the two of them marched towards where Ike's family was. Ike's mother had been sick for years, she could hardly move so Ora had taken on her shoulders the responsibility of looking after and bringing back food for Ike and his three other siblings. As the young pseudodragos, gathered around Ora, eyeing the bundle of food on her back with hungry eyes, Ora looked for the mother pseudodragon. She was lying in a corner and smiling weakly at the sight of her excited children. She caught Ora's eyes and Ora could feel the gratitude in them. Ora was almost like an older sister to the four young pseduodragons.

With a defeated sign, she emptied the contents of the bundle. The food fell on a tiny heap and immediately silenced the little dragons. The knew the food was not enough for all four of them, Ora and their mother. With sad eyes they looked at each other. Trying not to cry, Ora managed a fake happy voice, "Hey! Now look guys its better than nothing. C'mon we'll divide the food and finish it while telling stories. Okay? I have a lot to tell you guys about all the funny people who came to the back today!...."
The promise of a happy story lifted the mood of the four kids and they accepted their fate. Ora knew no food will be left for her and the pseudo mom would give up her share so the kids could have some more. So Ora only divided the food in four parts. Then they all huddled in a circle, close to their sick mother lying down and gnawed and nibbled at their food contently, listening aptly as Ora told them stories. Ora tried her best to comically mimic the characters of her story to divert the attention from the empty stomachs with which they would have to go to sleep one more night. Her own stomach growled in protest but she valiantly ignored it.

Its what you do for the ones you love, a voice in her head said as she continued with the story-telling.

Last edited by Zoker on Sat May 09, 2015 5:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
Pet's name: ♥~Nocte~♥
[ Hell is empty and all the devils are here ]

My Deersserts.
My "Supernatural" Characters (Human).
My Quad and Other Characters
Pet's name: ♥ Ƶισ ♥

( TokioHotel_alien is my little sister )
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" History theirs whose language is the sun. "
- Stephen Spender
Zoker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby doodledraw » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:45 am

Username: doodledraw
Name: Cobalt
Tell me about her: Cobalt is a very well know dragon (though she hates it). She is the pride of her clan because she will have the strongest magic when she is older. She is a type of dragon that hasn't existed in centuries. Her powers include: Not feeling the cold. Not getting injured unless she wants to (but why would she?).

There! Hope you like!!! :D
"Always."

Hey, I'm doodledraw. I'm usually in a pretty good mood, and I would love to talk about fandoms!

Gryffinclaw
Daughter of Poseidon
Flight Rising

ImageImageImageImageImage
doodledraw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ill » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:45 pm

Username: Cojinxleafbelle
Name: Oceanside
Tell me about her: When Oceanside was born, her name foreshadowed what her favorite place would be; the ocean side. She loves to collect shells, corals, and other objects you'd commonly find on a beach. She's generally fun and kindhearted, but she can be intimidating if she absolutely has to. One of her major flaws is curiosity. She finds herself in all sorts of trouble, just because she was tempted to hear or see something interesting. Another flaw would be her foolishness. In serious times, she's known to not take matters as seriously as she should; almost like she thinks the situation is a joke. However, this could also be her trying to convince herself that all is fine, even if it isn't. Away from her flaws, she's very good at befriending others, and is always willing to help a friend in need. She often uses aquatic activities to cheer up her friends, and the same could be said about herself. Though she does care deeply for her Pseudodragon friends, she wishes that one day she'll meet a different animal species. Her curiosity makes her want to learn as much as she can about everything possible, so it would only be normal for her to want to know of another animal species's life and traits.
((Possibly adding more later))
>Nonbinary Lesbian with BPD and lots of others but I think I’m pretty nice. I like DnD and OCs. I am an adult also!
>I take a while to reply, please don't rush me...
>PM me for ways to contact me, I check this site for messages occasionally
>Leaving the site. Keeping ALL my characters... if our characters were shipped, either contact me on DA or I’m assuming they’re broke off
Ill

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me