Postby Shadowhunter, » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:20 am

Please don't post on this thread!

Handbook Quick Links
* Markings
* Mutations and Bonding
* Breeding and Magic
* Physiology and Personality
* Miscellaneous
Last edited by Shadowhunter, on Sat May 09, 2015 5:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
Shadowhunter,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Markings

Postby Shadowhunter, » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:46 am

Red lines = markings cannot go past here. They can be smaller than the red lines, but not obnoxiously small
Despite being displayed on the Messenger lines, these markings can be applied to any type of Seraphim.

Name: Stardust
        Rarity: Common
        Notes: Can be either large spots, small spots, few spots, lots of spots. Only appears on face, neck/head/barrel/hind and never on legs or tail. Stardust can be broken up in small clusters or in one train. It can fade, but it doesn't have to. Stardust is always white.
        Other:
        Compatible With: saddle (goes over), moon, necklace (goes over), and comet. Reverse Stardust is not compatible with with moon, necklace, or comet.
        Examples:

Name: Comet
        Rarity: Legendary. Available during the Great Fall event only.
        Notes: Dominant over all other markings (Seraph with Comet can have other markings, but they won't be expressed). For example: a Seraphim has a strawberry roan base, moon, icing and saddle with comet. All you would see is the comet gene and a strawberry roan base, but it would still carry moon, icing, and saddle. It wouldn't be able to pass on comet, but it could give its any of its other markings. Comet is always white. Foals from a Seraph with Comet will have a higher chance of mutations.
        Other:
        Compatible With: everything
        Examples:

Name: Saddle
        Notes: common. Saddle starts at the shoulders and can extend as far as the start of the tail. It cannot go down the legs or on the neck/head area. It is always a darker colour of the base coat.
        Other:
        Compatible With: stardust (goes under) and moon (goes under), comet
        Examples:

Name: Necklace
        Notes: uncommon. Lines (or line) that connects the chest and top of shoulder. It is usually a gradient of base coat colours, however, a non-gradient necklace may appear in rare cases.
        Other:
        Compatible With: stardust (goes under), icing (goes under), comet
        Examples:

Name: Moon
        Notes: uncommon, always white.
        Other:
        Compatible With: stardust, comet

Name: Icing
        Notes: uncommon. Always white unless affected by a mutation. Stems from the topline and drips down but never touches the 'bottom'. It does not touch the Seraph's face, however a white facial marking is always present with icing.
        Other:
        Compatible With: necklace (goes over), comet
        Examples:

Last edited by Shadowhunter, on Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:50 am, edited 9 times in total.
Shadowhunter,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Mutations and Bonding

Postby Shadowhunter, » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:47 am

Mutations

Seraphim can get mutations two different ways; by chance or by being gifted one by deities.

Normal

Name: Shadow
    Restrictions: Any natural white horse markings (like blazes, appy, tobiano) and icing.
    Description: Shadow turns specific black or dark grey. Sometimes Shadow might only affect either natural horse markings or Seraphim only markings, not both. This is called Selective Shadow.

Blessings

Name: Galaxy
    Restrictions: Markings and/or horn and/or hooves. Most common on saddle.
    Description: This is a fairly rare mutation that develops after _______ feels a Seraph is worthy of a blessing. She then blesses the Seraph with a galaxy pelt so they will never be homesick when traveling to foreign lands. This galaxy pattern isn't exactly fur. The constellations within twinkle and change after every sleep. Comets can also be seen streaking among the stars. The areas affected by the galaxy mutation feels cold to the touch and makes your hand tingle.
Bonding

To form a bond with a Seraphim, you must give up a piece of yourself. First, a Seraphim choses you. New Starcallers are placed outside. It looks like there's no Seraphim there, however, they're all watching and waiting, seeing who will come forward. After about five minutes, up to five interested Seraphim will approach, coming to sniff you and check you out more. Another five minutes and only one remains. Once a Seraphim has chosen you, the ritual begins. You place your hand on the creature's nose and concentrate a moment of happiness, a moment that made you feel so grateful to be alive. In seconds the ritual is over and you are bonded. The Seraphim now shares this memory with you and in return, it has given you some of its magic.

Once bonded, a Seraph can:
* Communicate via telepathy
* Close their eyes and look through yours
* Find you anywhere
* Know how you feel
* Channel their magic through you
* Heal you
* Transform their soul into a spirit animal that can accompany you anywhere a Seraphim can't go (houses, dense forests, also good when the Seraph is in danger). However, their body does not transform with the spirit animal and therefore must be hidden somewhere safe.

Once bonded, a Starcaller can:
* Close their eyes and look through their Seraph's
* Use the magic given by their Seraph to heal others (a Seraphim cannot heal anyone other than their rider)
* Ride their Seraphim
* Share memories to strengthen their bond
* Communicate via telepathy (Advanced riders only. Young riders must respond out loud)
* Allow the Seraph to take control of their body
Last edited by Shadowhunter, on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
Shadowhunter,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding and Magic

Postby Shadowhunter, » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:49 am

Breeding

* Only one foal per breeding
* All Seraphim have 4 slots (may be raised in the future)
* Comets (foals) are "born" fully grown

A Seraph cannot carry a foal because Seraphim possess no reproductive system and therefore are genderless. A Seraphim may or may not have the same partner over the course their life. Choosing a mate is where the magical wings come in. A Seraph will don their wings and take to the sky, doing daring maneuvers to impress another. If the other Seraph is impressed, they'll join in the dance with wings of their own. If not impressed, the other Seraph simply turn away.

Once dancing together in the skies, they will touch noses and horns briefly. Their magic mingles, and a little ball separates then flies up into space. A few weeks later, a comet falls, bearing anywhere from 1-5 Seraphim foals (all from different parents, they just fall together). This comet lands randomly and as such, most parents never meet their children and vice versa (unless the parents are domestic). Even though comets are born from the minds and magic of both parents, genetics are still used. A comet cannot have markings that neither parent has nor can they have a base coat that is not possible from either parent.

Magic

* Colour of eyes
* Power level varies (1-10)
* All Seraphim and make shimmering wings out if their magic to attract a mate

All Seraphim possess magic, but their power varies. Some are only able to flicker the lights while others can manipulate the weather. All Seraphim are able to do two things: fly and make a pair of wings out of their magic. The wings don't support them in flight, there just used to impress (see breeding). Seraphim "fly" by simply galloping in the sky (think of Santa's reindeer). A Seraphim's magic is kept in the small sphere that floats in their horn. It is not a solid object, but mare like a dense shaped cloud of shimmering air. A Seraphim's magic is always their eye colour. When a Seraphim uses their magic, energy is drawn from the ball to the location the Seraphim wants to use it on (for example their shoulder area if making wings) and the ball will glow dimmer since they're taking from their reserve. If the ball ever fully disappears, the Seraphim will burn up and turn to stardust since their magic is tied to their life.
Last edited by Shadowhunter, on Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shadowhunter,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Physiology and Behavior

Postby Shadowhunter, » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:50 am

Physiology
[url]skeleton[/url]
All Seraphim have a single horn growing from their nose. As a result, their noses have ridge where the horn grows from. The ears of the Seraphim curl back. They also have thin tails with hair growing on them usually starting half way down.

Messenger Type: Thin and agile, the Messenger type can dart quickly here and there. This type was mainly used for carrying messages hence their name. They can be ridden, but they can't be jumped since the impact of landing with a rider on their backs would hurt their joints. Height: 15-17 hh (5ft-5ft 8)

Brute Type: Thicker and more muscular, slower mover but much stronger than the Messenger type. These Seraphim can be ridden, but they're not the best at dressage since they're not as elegant as the Messengers.
    Height: 17.1 hh-19hh (5ft 9-6ft 4)

Behavior
Seraphim are generally social creatures. They need attention and without it, a Seraphim may turn dark or even lose the will to live. Much like people, Seraphim have a wide range of personalities no matter what type they are. The behavior by type is only general, it does not apply to all Seraphim of that type.

Messenger Type: Messengers tend to be skittish and full of energy. They enjoy socializing and often seek attention form other Seraphim or their owners.

Brute Type: More mellow then their counterparts, Brute type Seraphim tend to be slower and easygoing. They're not as social as Messangers, however, they do need attention. Brutes can be stubborn and some may have a temper, but they will never purposely hurt anyone.
Last edited by Shadowhunter, on Tue May 26, 2015 3:26 am, edited 5 times in total.
Shadowhunter,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Miscellaneous

Postby Shadowhunter, » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:51 am

* Comets never truly hit the ground. They gently deposit the Seraphim then disappear.
* Brutes were untamable in the first few hundred years.
* Seraphim do no need to eat or drink. Their magic is their life force.
Shadowhunter,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me