Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

The Seraphim: MOVED TO DA by Shadowhunter,

Artist Shadowhunter, [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 11
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

The Seraphim: MOVED TO DA

Postby Shadowhunter, » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:02 am

Moved to DA, considering having a separate adopt thread here.

Last edited by Shadowhunter, on Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:23 am, edited 26 times in total.
Shadowhunter,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Q 'n A

Postby Shadowhunter, » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:09 am

If Seraphim foals end up far away from their parents, how do breeders of domestic Seraphim get the foal?
Only a 100% wild Seraphim have a small chance of meeting their foal/parent. Domestic Seraphim tend to be too attached to their foals and they have a telepathic link which guides he foal to its parents.

Do my Seraphim have to be domestic?
They may be wild too c: Just remember that wild Seraphim may not be able to participate in some contests (there will contests for wild Seraphim only too to make it fair)!

How does breeding work?
Haven't figured it out yet xD

How do I get a custom?
Customs need to be worked for. They can be earned by raffles, competitions, or by doing good things in the community.

How did you come up with these?
Well I was probably looking for names for an adopt and saw Seraphim. I thought that would be a cool name for a species. Three Four redesigns and one year later, this topic was put up! I didn't know what I was doing (and still don't tbh) and just kinds went with things. Like, they were supposed to have genders at first, but I decided against that cause a foal Seraphim can't fall from a comet if they had genders yenno? That's pretty much the only reason other than same sex couples couldn't reproduce in the wild. No genders allows for that >w<
Last edited by Shadowhunter, on Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:17 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Shadowhunter,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Annual Events

Postby Shadowhunter, » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:10 am

Event Breakdown by Month

January-
February- Lonely Lovers
March-
April- Crystal Hunt + Fool's Fun
May-
June-
July- Magic Month
August- The Games?
September-
October- Forgotten Warriors
November-
December- Divine Day

Seraphim Specific Events

The Great Fall
      Date: decided by you! Check the fanclub's poll. If not, will happen once a secret goal is reached
      What happens: This is the anniversary of when the first two Seraphim (Venus and Seraph) came to the world. Many Seraphim fall on this day.
      Markings: anything except for other event markings
      Coat colours: Can be anything.
      Amount to be Released: 6-10
      Other: Each Seraph has a chance to develop the comet gene when they fall on this day. The comet gene is very rare and the owner of a Seraph with this gene is very lucky.

Holiday Events

Lonley Lovers
      Date: Feb 14th
      What happens: These Seraphim seem to dislike being alone...
      Most contests will ask you to either design, describe, or create a personality for the adopt's mate. Basically a two for one deal! The mate does not count towards the ownership limit. They fall from soft pink comets
      Markings: Unnatural reds/pinks/sometimes purples. The colour cannot be passed down, but the markings can be passed down. They will pass down white unless stated otherwise.
      Coat colours: Soft browns, greys, and cremes (palo, ceremello...)
      Amount to be Released: 5-7
      Other: All are of the messenger type

Crystal Hunt

60 crystal will be scattered though the posts relating to the Seraphim! Great rewards await those who search hard ;) They may be found by more than one player, but sharing links is forbidden. You may cash in your crystals at any time, but you may only do this once- you cannot go look for more after you've cashed yours in. You may buy more than one item when you cash them in and you may buy two or more of the same item unless otherwise stated. Some items will not be back next year so be sure to grab them quickly! Item trades will be allowed in the future, but they may not be sold. To clarify, selling involves the receiver of your item having to pay pets, C$, real money, or offsite currency/pets/items. You may trade an item for art as long as it's reasonable.

Fool's Fun

This is another mini event that runs along with Crystal Hunt. It is a month-long writing/art contest about what your Seraph does for April Fool's! Prizes include magic tier points, semi-customs, and even the elusive full custom. There is also a free full & semi-custom raffle for those who don't feel comfortable with entering c:

Magic Month

This month is when inexperienced Seraphim can get tutored in magic by older, more experienced Seraphim! This is rewarding for both parties as both will get tier points by completing various activities. Don't own a Seraphim? No worries! This month is also a month for non-owners! Special Seraphim with magic tier points ready to be applied are available for adoption for non-owners only! They may then proceed to the activities owo

The Forgotten Warriors
      Date: October 31st
      What happens: Every year on the 31st of October, the veil between the Seraphim's graveyard for old soldiers and our world weaken. These forgotten warriors fall from comets that burn an unholy red. These Seraphim are very, very old have been through much more than anyone should ever have to go through. Some of these warriors turn dark while others just grow weary. They cannot be bonded with.
      Markings: Infernal, skeleton
      Coat colours: Reds and blacks. The reds are much brighter than the coats of normal Seraphim.
      Amount to be Released: 5-8
      Other: All are of the brute type. There is always one very rare Seraph that falls at this time.

Divine Day
      Date: December 25th
      What happens: Very powerful Seraphim venture to Earth at this time because this is when their portal aligns perfectly with our dimension. These Seraphim fall from very bright comets and glow with holy light. They are always pure of intention, but lack social skills and many come off as cold. These Seraphim are usually blessed by the Seraphic gods. Most have special markings while a select few have rarer mutations, colours, magic, and even very rare line edits. It's very hard to bond with one, but it's not impossible.
      Markings: Special markings gifted from the gods most have come into contact with.
      Coat colours: all are white or grey on light bases (meaning no dark/black points!) Double pearl may also happen.
      Amount to be Released: 3-4
      Other: Have their own body type. Won't be revealed until then! ;)

One Time Only Events

These only happen once, they'll never happen again. Seraphim from these events can be obtained after the event from special customs only. These Seraphim will posses legendary markings than can be passed down. They will have fewer slots as a result.
Last edited by Shadowhunter, on Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:11 am, edited 10 times in total.
Shadowhunter,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Welcome to Starcaller Academy (Posting open!)

Postby rax » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:16 am

These look so cool! I'm v excited to see the lines :D
*PSA i am an awful human being + suPEr busy and will take forever to get back to ur pms and such sorry*

doing;
    screaming
mood;
    frustrated
thinkin';
    @ me please
    chill
song;
    first
    -cold war kids
lyric from the song;
    i do not deserve
    to wait around forever
    when you were there
    first
ImageImageImageImageImage
rax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby giraffidae » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:16 am

MARK ;U;

full time college &work⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

dA / chars / the dex

done with cs,
      wont answer pms

she / her / it idc
      pixs by me (>)
      ImageImage
giraffidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadowhunter, » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:24 am

Uncovered the cover! C;
shad | he/they

Shadowhunter,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ban » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:26 am

mark so hard
so excite
Ḩ̗͉̠̣̰̗̱̈a̛̭̯͕̜̗̼̓̚ḭ̶͖̝̈́ͤ̋ͦ̈͑̄ḷ̢̘̦̣̠ ̱͕̝͖̙͖̳́̚Ȟ̀͒ͧͯy͍̦͑̋̂͡d͈̬ͧ̽̌͒r̲̫͍̲̻ͣ͆ͦ̀̐̌͠a̸̩
My WME Challenge
Please note I won't be sending individual images from my challenge to respective owners,
they will all be available for retrieval at my stash folder location.

ImageImage

ban

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby giraffidae » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:27 am

Shadowhunter, wrote:Uncovered the cover! C;

oh god shadow- this is killing me
    waiting is so hard

full time college &work⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

dA / chars / the dex

done with cs,
      wont answer pms

she / her / it idc
      pixs by me (>)
      ImageImage
giraffidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Folmes » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:21 am

These are so cool! Totally watching <3
ImageImage
rose kingdom (my characters)
my toyhou.se
✦ she/they ✦ adult ✦ er vet tech ✦ type 1 diabetic ✦
✦ artist for range trotters & skullies & sveldala walkers
♥ avatar by sleepyDandy
Folmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby T r i n i t y . » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:00 am

OMG I'm so marking these they're so cute!
W I P
You may call me Nicole, patches, or just Trinity.
Sorry if I am slow with adoptables, trades, or commissions. I'm going to be very
busy for a little while so I can only get on to check up for a little bit each day.

ImageImageImageImage
T r i n i t y .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me