Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Viscet Adopts - <MOVED> by Soulsplosion

Based on Click to view
Artist Soulsplosion [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 50 minutes
Drawing sessions 26
73 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Viscet Adopts - <MOVED>

Postby Soulsplosion » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:53 am

Last edited by Soulsplosion on Fri May 29, 2015 1:48 pm, edited 83 times in total.

hi im soul !!!
im a digital artist and game designer
im not very active here anymore
im an adult with a job now

Donate to the PCRF

My dinosaur survival game on roblox
Deviantart
Tumblr
Soulsplosion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Species Information

Postby Soulsplosion » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:01 am

[What is a Viscet?]
Since I have no better way of explaining it, Viscets are basically otter-ferret-kangaroo-rabbit-raptor-things.

[Anatomy]
Viscets are long, thin creatures with a mane running down their belly, running down their back (spikes up along their spine), long ears, and, generally, a tufted tail. Their mane can sometimes extend along their cheeks, into hair-like forms, along their ankles, and further up their tail. Some rarer versions include horned Viscets and snowleopard or fox tails. Their eyes always have a brightly-colored ring around the pupil.
Their hind legs are larger than their front legs, allowing them to run like a raptor; though they can also crawl on all fours.
At rest, their eyelevel is a little below 4 ft. Standing at full height on their rear legs, they can be about 8 ft.

[Male-Female]
The only significant difference between males and females is that females can balance better on 2 legs and their forearms are more adapted to carrying things, as they have to in order to carry their eggs. Other than that, both males and females are relatively equal compared to most other species in hunting, rank, population, and territorial defense.
[Food and Distribution]
Viscets are agile climbers and like to live in locations where this skill is put to use, such as mountains or, more commonly, forests.
They are mainly herbivorous and feed on fruit, berries, nuts, and seaweed, though it's not unheard of for a pack to work together to hunt down a deer, especially during winter months.

[Lifestyle]
Viscets live in Packs. The size of the pack relies on the food available; if there is plenty and space, then there will be no competition and a high population. In areas with little shelter or food, smaller packs may rule wider territories. They are ruled by an alpha pair. If not challenged, the rank of Alpha will be inherited by firstborn, male or female. Sometimes, for the sake of the Pack, weaklings will be driven away during times of drought, and they are very territorial as a group.
Viscets mark their territory by reaching up and clawing a tree. Intruders that cannot reach that high will know how big the other Viscets are and leave. Sometimes a Pack will claw up a tree together so that intruders get a good sense of how many enemies there are, and hopefully leave.
2 Viscets will battle each other using fangs and claws. Often they will lift the fur of their manes, as it makes them appear larger to their foe.

[Breeding]
Viscets mate for life. Sometimes they will attract mates by lifting the spiky mane across their backs, though this does little more than state their intentions while actually attracting a mate relies on loyalty and personality.
Mating season occurs in the late winter and a single egg, about as large as a backpack, is laid 2 months later. Needless to say, the egg is very large compared to the mother, so its shell is soft and extremely fragile at birth. The color of the hatchling is hinted by spots on the egg's surface.
The Incubation period lasts 2 weeks. The mother might carry the egg when she leaves the den, or the father might bring her food. She will assist her newborn in hatching and the rest of the summer is spent teaching them; juveniles' back legs are underdeveloped and they must walk on all fours, though they soon develop a more raptor-like body.
They are considered independent at 1 year of age, though do not acquire families of their own until at least 2 years.

Last edited by Soulsplosion on Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:22 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Soulsplosion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FAQ

Postby Soulsplosion » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:02 am

[RULES]

[Ownership and OC'ing]
    ✦You may own up to 10 Viscets. Staff may own 12.
    ✦You may own up to 3 customs.
    ✦This goes for those sold on DA and on CS. If caught using accounts to cheat more Viscets they will be revoked and resold, with no refunds. Don't cheat.
    ✦Do not give your Viscet any accessories without permission from the artist who made it.
    ✦Do not change your Viscet's anatomy without purchase from the Splice Lab.
    ✦Follow the species traits in regards to personality and biography.
    ✦Your Viscet may have any decided sexuality, partner, or gender. However, note that same-sex pairs as well as unique genders cannot breed. This is just how nature works. Also, no incest.
[Community]
    ✦Please ask before creating any related threads.
    ✦Your threads, such as gift lines, must be well-regulated. You are in charge of ensuring that people have the qualifications (i.e. you must make sure they own a Viscet before adding them to some gift lines)
    Respect one another. Do not minimod. I regard respect highly and severely. Please alert staff of any concerning situations and don't corner people.
[Creation]
    Only Viscet Staff are allowed to create designs and customs freely.
    ✦You may not create your own Viscet without a MYO ticket, which is only won in events.
    ✦You may not breed your own Viscet without a Baby MYO ticket.
    ✦You may trade, purchase, or gift MYO tickets to others and etc, but alert the Archivist.
[Exchange]
    ✦Viscets are not trading cards. You may not sell or trade them willy-nilly.
    ✦You may only sell Viscets which you yourself bought for currency for equal or less than the price you yourself bought them for. Viscets adopted through form-writing and etc. cannot be sold; ones sold for DA points can be resold, but for no more than their original price.
    ✦If you wish to disown a Viscet, alert the original artist and the Archivist and the Viscet will go up for readoption.
    ✦MYO tickets may be gifted, sold, or traded freely; however, permission is needed from both the Archivist and the receiver, and you cannot sell them for more than what you purchased it for, if purchased. If won for free in a contest, then you can't sell them.
    ✦1 month is required between the transferring of Viscets between owners unless stated in your form during adoption. (ex: "I wish to win this for ____"). You need permission from the receiver and archivist.
[Breeding]
    ✦A Viscet may breed once every 30 days.
    ✦1 offspring is produced per litter.
    ✦Homosexual pairs cannot breed. That's just reality.
    ✦Unique-genders (transgender, etc) cannot breed. That's also just how reality works. They are infertile.
    ✦No incestual pairings.
    ✦All breedings must be done on the nursery thread. They can only be created by Viscet artists or those with a Baby MYO ticket.
    ✦While Viscets have no set partner, please keep their personality in mind when breeding. For example, don't put in your form that they're asexual and then breed them just because you want to see what the baby looks like.
Last edited by Soulsplosion on Wed May 13, 2015 11:24 pm, edited 29 times in total.
Soulsplosion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Affiliates

Postby Soulsplosion » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:03 am

[Staff x Community]
Here's how you can get involved in the Viscet community!

<insert various links here>

Soulsplosion wrote:
[ O w n e r ]
Soulsplosion

[Archivist]
[Fanclub Owner]

Artist since 4/18/2015

Artist since 4/18/2015

Artist since 4/18/2015

Artist since 4/18/2015

Artist since 4/18/2015

Staff Rank(s)

Comment by staff/short bio/words/about/whatever

Last edited by Soulsplosion on Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:43 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Soulsplosion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet Adopts - CLOSED

Postby Soulsplosion » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:06 am

[Banners x Affilates]
To affiliate with this species, merely PM me. Include what sticker I should use and I'll most likely accept.
[Banners]
Want to help out the species? Spread it around by putting a banner in your siggy!
(These banners can also be used for affiliates)

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2626459][img]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2015/057/c/f/untitled_drawing_by_soulsplosion-d8jnehh.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2626459][img]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2015/057/0/1/untitled_drawing_by_soulsplosion-d8jnhps.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2626459][img]http://oi62.tinypic.com/fu8ef7.jpg[/img][/url]

By Mint Chip ^u^
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2626459][img]http://orig07.deviantart.net/4591/f/2015/120/8/b/stamp_for_viscets_by_lindsayprower-d8rmrp6.gif[/img][/url]

[Closed Species]
Image Image Image Image ImageImageImage Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

[Open Species]
Image ImageImage
Last edited by Soulsplosion on Sun May 24, 2015 11:55 am, edited 21 times in total.
Soulsplosion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A Devotion to IOE

Postby Soulsplosion » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:08 am

PROUD SPONSOR OF ISLES OF EVENTIDE

This post is mainly res. for whatever future use I might have for it but until then check out IOE.
Last edited by Soulsplosion on Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Soulsplosion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet Adopts - CLOSED/WIP

Postby modern » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:12 am

I love it omg I will try out the minute one is open! So pretty! Great job!
modern
i do commissions- link here
commission status- closed
mystic veil adopts
modern

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me