Brindle Dapple Grey Freckled Splash Tobiano by Lilian Nightshade

Based on Click to view
Artist Lilian Nightshade [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 26 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
24 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Brindle Dapple Grey Freckled Splash Tobiano

Postby Lilian Nightshade » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:42 am

To try for her, just write a short story telling her most embarassing moment. ^^

Staz wrote:Username: Staz

Name: Isolde

Type: Runner

Height: 1,15 m

Story:

Isolde was born in the midst of a cold winter night. Named for the white markings that crawl along the borders of her silhouette, Isolde had always been told her pelt resembled arctic ice meeting the dark open ocean. Because of this, and the coastal regions where she was brought up, she developed a certain connection with the sea, as well as the creatures living by it.

Wandering from the herd at an early age to go visit her sea dwelling friends her mother often scolded her for slipping away from the herd and going off on her own. Isolde would talk to many of the sea creatures she’d come across, despite her mothers warnings to keep away from them. Her mother was worried Isolde would get herself into trouble and somehow end up drowned in the sea.
“Don’t talk to strangers.” she would say worriedly.
However, like any inquisitive, healthy nuglet, she wanted to go out and explore. And explore she did.

Venturing from the herd while just a few months old while with a friend, she journeyed to the beach, smiling as she spotted some seals basking in the sun. She had never seen seals before, and she could not help but feel something oddly pleasant about the image of a mammal like herself gliding through clear waters.
As she started approaching the animals, her friend gave her a bit of a warning look. “Your mom told you not to talk to strangers.” she reminded Isolde sternly.
“I know I know! Im just looking!” she said, rolling her eyes as she got closer, lashing her tail slightly as if swatting away a pest.

A bird landed by one of the seals, pecking the rocks for small bugs. Lifting her head, the seal smiled and greeted the bird, proceeding to ask the bird how its day was and so on and so forth, introducing herself as ‘Margarette.’
Isolde watched the two figures intently, her forelegs twitching as she itched to interrupt their conversation in the hopes of introducing herself, the young wide eyed nuglet wanting to make her presence known.
Very suddenly, as if by command, she blurted out.
“You know, you shouldn’t talk to strangers.”

The seal and bird looked over at her, silence holding for a few long moments before Margerette then burst into laughter. “O-oh is that right dear?”
Blushing, Isolde nodded adamantly, unsure why the seal reacted to her words the way she did. “Whats so funny?”
The small, proud looking little fawn held herself high, her nostrils flaring lightly and her ears twitching frantically.

“O-oh nothing dear. What is your name?”
Isolde’s friend opened her mouth to intervene, however, Isolde’s tongue was quicker. “Isolde!” she proclaimed.
“Isolde…what a charming name.”
The seal and nuglet proceeded to chat for a good long while, before the seal returned to the sea and Isolde walked home with her friend.

"We should have left hours ago!"
Isolde shrugged, "We'll be back soon enough. I bet the herd didn't even miss us." Isolde said with a tone every bit as naive as her statement.

Little did they know that this time, they had been out long enough for the whole herd to get worried for them. As they came over the hill back towards the herd, a doe cried, “Isolde! She’s there! And so is Tamalla!”
A large buck emerged from the group and made his way over, snorting, followed by Isolde’s mother who looked both relieved and furious at the same time. It was a truly startling expression, that made both nuglet’s freeze on the spot.

“Where were you?” the buck asked sharply.
“W-we were on the beach.” Tamalla said, swallowing back any other words she wished to say.
“Doing what?”
“I was…I was talking to a seal.” Isolde said quietly.

Isolde’s mother immediately pinned her ears. “Isolde! Seals are carnivorous! You could have been hurt! Id told you not to talk to strangers! What do you have to say for yourself?”

“I-I know you told me not to talk to strangers, but …the seal was talking to a strange bird, so I went over to her to tell her not to talk to strangers. Cause I remembered what you told me.” The small nuglet bowed her head a little, her words followed by nothing but blank stares.

Just like with Margerette however, soon, roaring laughter was heard. And Isolde did not know what was so funny.

“W-why are you laughing??” she protested, blushing until her ears burned. “No laughing!” Standing right in front of the lead buck she snorted, looking flustered and upset.

The buck chuckled, trying to force back his chortles as he cocked his head. Did this nuglet really not understand the irony of the situation? The fact she was telling a stranger not to talk to strangers?

Isolde was later on teased by a few of the older nuglet’s about what had occurred,and so while to others this situation may seem like the result of a harmlessly adorable slip up, to Isolde, this moment is one of her most embarrassing. It had been in front of the whole herd, and to this day, the elders still tell this story to their young.
Last edited by Lilian Nightshade on Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.....*Flight Rising*....*Deviantart*.....

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
~
The lone wanderer. So tired, so miserable.
All but a mere shadow of an once vibrant soul.

Cursed by fate, burdened by sorrow.
Sentenced to a life of nothing but loneliness...
It looks like not everyone deserves a happy ending, after all.
~

Lilian Nightshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Brindle Dapple Grey Freckled Splash Tobiano

Postby The Royal Mirage » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:46 am

Username: The Royal Mirage
Name: Dulcet
Story: Huge WIP

Couldn't find that connection, dropping out. Good luck everyone!
Last edited by The Royal Mirage on Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deviantart, Flight Rising, Divided We Stand, WME Challenge
I'm not the babysitter...
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheToyMaker » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:19 am

Massive wip, but I love her!!!!<3333
TheToyMaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rax » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:21 pm

Username: Raxacorico
Name: Sistine
Story: wip! she's so pretty <3
*PSA i am an awful human being + suPEr busy and will take forever to get back to ur pms and such sorry*

doing;
    screaming
mood;
    frustrated
thinkin';
    @ me please
    chill
song;
    first
    -cold war kids
lyric from the song;
    i do not deserve
    to wait around forever
    when you were there
    first
ImageImageImageImageImage
rax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PerfectWorld » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:12 pm

Username: Staz

Name: Isolde

Story:

Isolde was born in the midst of a cold winter night. Named for the white markings that crawl along the borders of her silhouette, Isolde had always been told her pelt resembled arctic ice meeting the dark open ocean. Because of this, and the coastal regions where she was brought up, she developed a certain connection with the sea, as well as the creatures living by it.

Wandering from the herd at an early age to go visit her sea dwelling friends her mother often scolded her for slipping away from the herd and going off on her own. Isolde would talk to many of the sea creatures she’d come across, despite her mothers warnings to keep away from them. Her mother was worried Isolde would get herself into trouble and somehow end up drowned in the sea.
“Don’t talk to strangers.” she would say worriedly.
However, like any inquisitive, healthy nuglet, she wanted to go out and explore. And explore she did.

Venturing from the herd while just a few months old while with a friend, she journeyed to the beach, smiling as she spotted some seals basking in the sun. She had never seen seals before, and she could not help but feel something oddly pleasant about the image of a mammal like herself gliding through clear waters.
As she started approaching the animals, her friend gave her a bit of a warning look. “Your mom told you not to talk to strangers.” she reminded Isolde sternly.
“I know I know! Im just looking!” she said, rolling her eyes as she got closer, lashing her tail slightly as if swatting away a pest.

A bird landed by one of the seals, pecking the rocks for small bugs. Lifting her head, the seal smiled and greeted the bird, proceeding to ask the bird how its day was and so on and so forth, introducing herself as ‘Margarette.’
Isolde watched the two figures intently, her forelegs twitching as she itched to interrupt their conversation in the hopes of introducing herself, the young wide eyed nuglet wanting to make her presence known.
Very suddenly, as if by command, she blurted out.
“You know, you shouldn’t talk to strangers.”

The seal and bird looked over at her, silence holding for a few long moments before Margerette then burst into laughter. “O-oh is that right dear?”
Blushing, Isolde nodded adamantly, unsure why the seal reacted to her words the way she did. “Whats so funny?”
The small, proud looking little fawn held herself high, her nostrils flaring lightly and her ears twitching frantically.

“O-oh nothing dear. What is your name?”
Isolde’s friend opened her mouth to intervene, however, Isolde’s tongue was quicker. “Isolde!” she proclaimed.
“Isolde…what a charming name.”
The seal and nuglet proceeded to chat for a good long while, before the seal returned to the sea and Isolde walked home with her friend.

"We should have left hours ago!"
Isolde shrugged, "We'll be back soon enough. I bet the herd didn't even miss us." Isolde said with a tone every bit as naive as her statement.

Little did they know that this time, they had been out long enough for the whole herd to get worried for them. As they came over the hill back towards the herd, a doe cried, “Isolde! She’s there! And so is Tamalla!”
A large buck emerged from the group and made his way over, snorting, followed by Isolde’s mother who looked both relieved and furious at the same time. It was a truly startling expression, that made both nuglet’s freeze on the spot.

“Where were you?” the buck asked sharply.
“W-we were on the beach.” Tamalla said, swallowing back any other words she wished to say.
“Doing what?”
“I was…I was talking to a seal.” Isolde said quietly.

Isolde’s mother immediately pinned her ears. “Isolde! Seals are carnivorous! You could have been hurt! Id told you not to talk to strangers! What do you have to say for yourself?”

“I-I know you told me not to talk to strangers, but …the seal was talking to a strange bird, so I went over to her to tell her not to talk to strangers. Cause I remembered what you told me.” The small nuglet bowed her head a little, her words followed by nothing but blank stares.

Just like with Margerette however, soon, roaring laughter was heard. And Isolde did not know what was so funny.

“W-why are you laughing??” she protested, blushing until her ears burned. “No laughing!” Standing right in front of the lead buck she snorted, looking flustered and upset.

The buck chuckled, trying to force back his chortles as he cocked his head. Did this nuglet really not understand the irony of the situation? The fact she was telling a stranger not to talk to strangers?

Isolde was later on teased by a few of the older nuglet’s about what had occurred,and so while to others this situation may seem like the result of a harmlessly adorable slip up, to Isolde, this moment is one of her most embarrassing. It had been in front of the whole herd, and to this day, the elders still tell this story to their young.
Last edited by PerfectWorld on Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
PerfectWorld

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inupait » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:23 am

Username: Inupait
Name: Sabine
Story:
Sabine leaned against her stall door lazily. Her eyes were half closed as she let the warm spring sun heat her black nose. She didn't feel like doing anything today, it was one of those dull spring mornings where nothing seemed worthy of her energy. She nearly stumbled forward when her stall door was suddenly unlatched by the knee high child that she always saw wandering around the stable.
She took a moment to collect her self shook out her coat and fluffy tail. The little girl shrieked with delight and wrapped her arms around Sabine's white patched front leg. Sabine looked down at the puny human with irritation. but stood still till the creature detached itself and moved on down the the row of stall doors. Left alone to her own devices Sabine found herself abnormally uncomfortable. She was not a social butterfly in any way but her new found freedom was boring without company.
She glanced down the ally of stalls to make sure there were no stable boys in attendance and cheekily grinned to herself. what fun it would be to set every one of her stable mates free. she had yet to have a chance to really socialize with her new herd mates after she was transferred to this stable. she plodded down the row of stalls opening the latch component of every door as she went. heads poked out from further down the line as her fellow freed inmates began to make a lot of noise in their excitement.
She came to a door that had not yet been looked over by its resident. she played with the latch with her soft fuzzy nose till it slid open and pushed the heavy door out of the way to peer in. A handsome young stallion stared back at her with a mix of surprise and amusement. "Hello there" he raised an eyebrow at her greeting. "Most people knock first" he teased instantly and Sabine find her cheeks growing warm with blush. she instantly liked this guy. he joined her in the hall but unlike the other who quickly fled to the nearest open door he stayed by her flank as she continued down to the last door. He chattered continuously, she liked the sound of his voice and even though she was not entirely paying attention to what he was saying she couldn't help but enjoy his company. maybe this was the kind of friend she needed.
She reached the final door and played with the lock till it came unlatched. "Are you sure you want to open that one" her new friend asked with a slight laugh. She paused and glanced back at him. "Yea, why not?" she brushed off his warning. "Well everyone knows that the Nakitta that lives in there is crazy" he took a step back but his eyes held a flash of a dare that she could not pass up. she wanted to empress him, make him think that she wasn't afraid of anything. "That doesn't scare me" she hosted and laughed;. "Im not afraid of anything" she lied and pushed the door open. the stall was dar and the moment a stream of light hit the wood chips on the floor a monster sprang from the shadows.
The beast flew right into her face on its paper thin winds. its black hungry eyes were accompanied by massive veiny ears and a mouth of sharp fangs. Sabine shrieked in terror and bolted. but the monster was tangled in the long soft hairs of her lower mane. she bucked and screamed all the back back to her stall. she didn't know when the monster fell loose but by the time she had safely tucked herself away back in her stall it had left her. She panted and trembled in the far back corner of her stall.
From the hall she could hear uncontrollable laughter. the the face that belonged to the throat that the laughter came from peeked around her stall door. The stallion was literally crying he was laughing so hard. "Yea, The fearless Lady just ran from a baby bat" he exploded with laughter once more nearly tumbling over he was laughing so hard. between his ears Sabine could see the little bat clinking to the course hair of his mane. it was not nearly as terrifying now and heat crept into her cheeks once more… and the more he laughed the more her embarrassment grew. So much for expressing what she now realized was her hopeless crush. she hid her face behind her tail to blot out his laughter till he finally left. How embarrassing…..
Last edited by Inupait on Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inupait

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bearlygrunge » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:08 pm

Username: c a r e s s
Name:
Story:

(reserve; will edit tomorrow)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I think music is about our internal life.
It's part of the way people touch each other.
That's very precious to me. And astronomy is,
in a sense, the very opposite thing. Instead of
looking inwards, you are looking out, to things
beyond our grasp.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
bearlygrunge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Verdana » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:32 pm

Username: Verdana

Name: Sonatina

Story:

Everyone had to share guard duty. Those were the rules. Sona had been waiting her turn ever since she was small. To be on the guard was to be a Real Grown Up. Even as an adolescent, with her awe of Grown-Uphood faded and jaded, when Sonatina got her summons to stand guard, she snorted with glee. She was tall for her age - and strong too - and she couldn't wait to show her worth to the herd. She would face any enemies, and sound the alarm with perfect precision and clarity.

There was just one problem:
Sonatina was afraid of the dark.

Not very afraid. Not terribly scared. But... But sometimes, when everyone was asleep and still, and there was no sound but soft snoring, Sonatina would start awake, shaken by some rustle, some stamp out of place, and wonder. She'd wonder why the bushes looked so thick, and whether that starlight was glinting off of dew, or... something else. Any branch could look like a claw in the dark, and any rocky outcrop like a prowling predatory back. They SAID that the guard was there to protect from predators or intruders. They said it was just a precaution. But they never mentioned exactly WHAT the guard was supposed to protect against. And Sona's imagination could fill in all the blanks just fine.

The closer her guard duty came, the more anxious Sonatina became. She paced. She couldn't graze or browse with the herd. She flinched at loud noises, and then pretended she hadn't, lest she be called a 'fraidy mare. She was NOT a 'fraidy mare. Just... Cautious, was all. So she didn't mention her concerns to the herd. She wanted to prove that she was just as brave, capable and worthy as any herd member. Even if she wasn't. Even if she was just the tiniest bit scared.

And then it was upon her. Lead mare Maud told her her route, and as the sun took the last of its dusky light away, the herd bedded down and quickly fell asleep. All but Sonatina. No rest for her that night. Instead, she scouted the perimeter. Up and down she went, counting landmarks as she passed them. A tree. A log. A rock shaped like a goat. And at first it wasn't so bad at all. It was almost fun, peering into the shadows and watching for a rustle, a shift, the gleam of eyes or the glint of teeth.

But it was only getting darker.

Things started to look sinister. The goaty rock looked less like a rock, and more like a crouching predator. Could a breeze move a shrub like that? Or was something big pushing it aside as it prepared to -
No! No. There wasn't any danger. There was nothing to worry about. She just had to wait until dawn. Wait. Until. Dawn. Sona counted the seconds by the passage of the moon. She trembled. But she did not flee, and nothing ate her.

Until suddenly the quiet was broken by a scratching and scrabbling. Sonatina jumped, her nostrils flared and her tail straight in fear.
"Hello?" She called hesitantly, hoping that it was a somnambulant herd-member, and not something toothier. But there was no answer. No friend came forwards. Sons almost ran back, alarm-calling all the way. But she didn't. She would investigate first, be brave and bold and prove to the herd that she was responsible!

One step forward. Another. The rustling stopped for a moment, and then resumed even louder than before. Brave Sona persisted, until, almost on top of the sound, she gave a sneeze.
Wet! Wet strong stinging dreadful! Something dreadfulshot into her eyes, her face, her receptive nostrils. That was it. She broke. Her head up high, her tail tucked away, Sonatina wheeled and began to scream.
"Help! Help! A monster, a monster! It spat it's poison into my eyes and now I am blind! It is coming to kill us all!"

The herd responded instantly to her cries. They were on their hooves and waiting for her by the time she broke the treeline. They waited only for her to join them, so that they could take flight as one unit.
Sona came into the open, it was true. But nothing pursued her. No roars followed her. No cracking branches or thudding steps. And even if Sonatina had stuck to her story, the smell of skunk radiating from her told a very different tale.

She reeked for weeks. Stinky Sona, they called her. Scaredy Sona. Skunkatina. Those were the tamer ones. And long after the smell slippedbaway, the story remained. To this day, Sonatina cannot be reminded of it without cringing, and it takes very little prompting for someone to say,
"Remember that time when we let Sona guard us? ..."
Verdana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kitsyn » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:39 am

Username: Neon Phoenix
Name: Angelica
Story: Crashes and crackling were all she could hear, for the night was cold and wet. Angelica dreaded thunderstorms, but she loved what came after. When she woke, the sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and the fresh air scent was dancing among the trees. Angelica thought it would be relaxing to bath in the newly brought water and show off a dazzling coat to her crush. She found just the perfect spot along the stream isolated from the others so no one could watch her. The water was cool to the touch, and refreshing to the taste. She lay along the bank, then lazily fell in, giggling to herself. Angelica rolled around, grooming and splashing; the sun was shining bright and as she soaked up every bit of it's rays, she could feel the water doing so too as it became less chilly. When she felt her best, Angelica took one last look at herself, spinning and turning up her tail and hooves to check all around for spots that didn't seem fitting. Pleased with herself, she went back home, excited to show off how exquisite she looked and felt.
Angelica's eyes first drew to him; her heart started to speed up. Deep breaths she told herself. Just be natural. As she walked her way towards her friends, and him, she could feel eyes on her. At first it made her bubbly, but then she could hear scuffs and soft giggles. Her confidence slowly faded to paranoia, wondering why she was getting laughed at. Am I too clean? Maybe I missed a spot?! Thoughts and laughing ran around in her head; confused and annoyed. She finally approached her friends, and he was smiling, but it felt more like he had been laughing too.
"Hey Angelica, I like your new friends," one of her friends said, trying not to laugh too hard. She was very confused now.
"What do you mean?" she felt stupid. He, her crush, took a step towards her, heart skipping beats now.
"Did you go to the stream this morning?" His voice was so warm and gentle, but how could he know?
"Yes, I-I did actually."
"Figured. Your 'new friends' gave it away." Then she melted. He leaned into her, and nudged the back of her ear, then yanked something off of her that brought pain. A LEACH! Her eyes got wide. "There's another one on the other side, and one along your wither under your mane." HOW DID I MISS THESE?! She freaked, and screamed. "It's okay, calm down. I'll get them off", he said trying not to burst into laughter at her expense. Angelica tried not to cry, she felt so foolish, and in front of her crush, who offered to pull the blood suckers off her; leaches are disgusting.
Last edited by Kitsyn on Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kitsyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lilian Nightshade » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:26 am

I'll be closing this contest in 3 days.
.....*Flight Rising*....*Deviantart*.....

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
~
The lone wanderer. So tired, so miserable.
All but a mere shadow of an once vibrant soul.

Cursed by fate, burdened by sorrow.
Sentenced to a life of nothing but loneliness...
It looks like not everyone deserves a happy ending, after all.
~

Lilian Nightshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me