Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Ironwood Dressage Association ♞ Dressage Sim ♞ Open by landofmakebelieve

Based on Click to view
Artist landofmakebelieve [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 28 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Kruxly

by Kruxly

by Kruxly

by Kruxly

by Kruxly

by Kruxly

by Kruxly

by Kruxly

Ironwood Dressage Association ♞ Dressage Sim ♞ Open

Postby landofmakebelieve » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:36 am

Warm Welcomes To
    Ironwood Dressage Association

Piaffes, passages, half-passes and lead changes; all elements of the amazing discipline of dressage. Hello and welcome to IDA, one of the world's leading dressage groups. If you have ever wanted to buy, breed, train and sell your own string of amazing dressage champions, now's your chance. The association is lacking in members, which means that they've lowered registration fees by 75% in hopes of attracting new stables. So come on, let's get you all set up so you can join the association.

In order to join, you must fill out the form below. You must pick a name for your farm (eg. Rideau Ridge Stables), and you may pick whether or not you would like to be specific to one breed (eg. Dutch Warmblood). Then you must go further to describe the owner of your farm. I'd like to see owners of 25+ years, so the older the better. I need to know a gender as well as a name. It would be lovely and it is very encouraged for you to further develop characters, but not nescisary. It is also suggested to develop other characters (eg. managers, trainers, excersise riders, grooms ect.).

Code: Select all
    [center]I'm registering my barn![/center]

[list]Username:
    Farm Name:
    Specific To: (erase if not specific to any breed or put N/A)
    Owner's Name:
    Owner's Age:
    Owner's Gender:
    Other[/list]

As for the skills of horses, each horse has 11 different stats; Walk, trot, canter, halt, piaffe, passage, extended gaits, collection, flying changes, pirouette and half-pass. Each separate stat may have up to 25 points. Depending on the level of show you compete in, some stats will be more important than others. For example, at show levels 1-3, you will not need high stats in piaffe, passage, pirouette or half pass. In every test, the halt is one of the most important things, because if your horse steps off the halt before you're done saluting, you could loose 6 points right off the hop.

Show Levels

Training Level: This level should show the horse has true, natural paces and is obedient, calm and relaxed. The most important skills to have in training level are walk, trot and halt. A good number to have in this level would be at least 5 in each of these. In order to compete at this level, a horse must be wearing a bridle, saddle and a saddle pad (preferably not fitted). In training level it is not necessary to braid the mane or wear wraps. To move on to first level, a horse must make it into the top three.

First Level: This level is basically the same as the training level, except it is more desired at first level to see more lengthened strides and we introduce cantering. This does not however mean extended gaits are important. The most important skills at this level to have are walk, trot, canter and halt, and it is most desired to have at least 7 points in each to place in the top three. The horse must be wearing a bridle, saddle, saddle pad (preferably not fitted) and a braided mane. To move onto Second level the horse must place in the top three.

Second Level: The horse and rider will have to execute normal and collected gaits, but still not extended gaits. Additionally, a 180 degree pirouette must be performed. The most important skills at this level are trot, canter, halt, pirouette and collected gaits, and have at least an 8 in each of these. The desired tack are a bridle, saddle, saddle pad (preferably not fitted) and a braided mane. To move on to third level a horse must score in the top three.

Third Level: In this level judges become more picky. It is not desired to see any tension in the horse. The horse must complete all moves from lower levels and additionally one flying lead change. The best skills to have in this level would be trot, canter, halt, pirouette, collected gaits and flying changes, with a minimum of 9 in each to compete. A horse should be tacked in a saddle, bridle, saddle pad (preferably not fitted) and a braided mane. To advance to fourth level, a horse must place in the top .

Fourth Level: Judges will let nothing slide in fourth level. Horse and rider must move in perfect harmony -- without a question. 360 degree canter pirouettes are introduced and the number of flying lead changes is increased. Horse and rider will have to complete nine simultaneous lead changes in a row. Most important skills to have are trot, canter, halt, pirouette, collected gaits and flying changes, each needing at least 11 points to qualify for this test. The horse should be tacked in a saddle, bridle, saddle pad (not fitted) and have a braided mane. To move on to the Prix St-George Intermediate 1, horses will need to place in the top three.

Prix St-George - Intermediate 1 (Semi-Advanced): This is almost Olympic level dressage, so this is only for the best. In this test, they will need to complete everything from the previous levels, except every flaw, no matter how small, will be noted on your final score sheet. Every skill is important at this level, and in order to compete, a horse needs to have a minimum of 15 points per skill. A horse at this level should be fitted with a saddle, bridle, saddle pad (not fitted), and a braided mane and tail. To move on to the next round, a horse must score in the top two.

Prix St-George - Intermediate 2 (Advanced): Exactly like the level below, but for horses with higher skills, needing a minimum of 17 points per skill. All skills are important in this round. A horse at this level should be fitted with a saddle, bridle, saddle pad (not fitted), and a braided mane and tail. To move on to the next round, a horse must place first.

Grand Prix: The highest level of competition in the association. This is for the best of the best, the horses who are on the best training with professionals. Every skill is important here, and to compete at this level, each skill should have at least 23 points. A horse at this level should be fitted with a saddle, bridle, saddle pad (not fitted), boots and a braided mane and tail.

Training
    Once a week you can post on your horse's page, requesting to train it. Simply say "I'd like to train (horse's name) please". Regular training is free and each time you train your horse, one point is added to each skill. However, there is the option of hiring a professional trainer for your horse. If you use a professional trainer, it will cost you 1000m per horse every time you train, but will add five points to each skill instead of one. It is suggested that professional trainers are only hired for horses who are in levels of Prix St-George and higher. Professional trainers can only be used 3 times a month. So, if you use a professional trainer, your horse can be trained with the trainer for three weeks in a row, but on the fourth week, the horse must be given a week's rest, so no training at all that week. To use a professional trainer, post the following form on the desired horse's page.

I'd like to hire a professional trainer!
    Initial Bank Balance: _________m - 1000m
    Final Balance:

Game Currency
    Our currency at IDA is the "m". The post below this will be the bank post. There I will keep track of every member's stable name and link, as well as their barn owner's name, their username and their current bank balance. When you start the game, you begin with 45,000m. But don't spend it all at once. You'll need that money for buying tack, horses and paying broodmare and stud fees. I will update the bank once a week on the Thursday, so if your bank balance is incorrect and it is before the day that I will have updated, please do not get upset.

Rules
    ~ This is a dressage only Sim. No asking to have your horse do eventing or showjumping or barrel racing. Only dressage.
    ~ All breeds on this game will be warmbloods. SO no thoroughbreds or arabians. Very rarely as well will you see a paint, unless the horse is of the American Warmblood breed, and even in that case it will be rare.
    ~ No asking for customs. They will be given out as I see fit. If you are very active or you are an outstanding helper in the community I will offer one, but do not ask. And don't ask artists either.
    ~ Artists may make themselves one free custom per month.
    ~ No whining or complaining if you didn't get the horse you wanted, there will be plenty more to choose from.
    ~ Absolutely no blackmail will be tolerated. If I hear of anyone blackmailing anyone else, or I am personally blackmailed, the person who has done so will be permanently banned from the Sim.
    ~ Respect each other and the staff.
    ~ This is 100% free.
    ~ These lines were not drawn by myself. Instead, the fabulous Neara has gifted the community of CS with it.
    ~ Try to avoid double posting, and only bump the topic if a new reply has not been posted within 48 hours.
    ~ We all have lives outside of CS. Do not nag or rush the artists.
    ~ Only order breedings and tack when it is open.
    ~ You may only train up to 5 horses a day.
    ~ No guilt tripping artists.
    ~ Have fun!

Staff
    Owner: piaffes
    Co-Owner: Not Looking Currently

Archivists:
    ~lizerbeth
    ~Aragorn.

Moderators: Open
    ~ finny.
    ~
    ~

Artists: Open
    ~ lizerbeth
    ~ finny.
    ~
    ~

[center]I'd like to be part of IDA's staff![/center]
    [list]Username:
    Desired Position:
    Past Experience:
    If so, examples?:
    Why you would like to be a staff member:
    How active are you?:
    Other:[/list]
Last edited by landofmakebelieve on Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:50 am, edited 8 times in total.
landofmakebelieve

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Ironwood Dressage Association ♞ The Bank

Postby landofmakebelieve » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:40 pm

The Bank

[url=xxx]Rideau Ridge Stables ~ Erin Josey ~ Dutch Warmbloods ~ piaffes ~ 44,780m[/url]
    [url=xxx]Baymont Stables ~ Dempsey Lockwood ~ Dutch Warmbloods & Lusitanos ~ Razzberry ~ 46,750m[/url]
    [url=xxx]Golden Shadow Stables ~ Kruger Holmes ~ lizerbeth ~ 45,259m[/url]
    [url=xxx]Northern Ridge Riding Academy ~ Emma _____ ~ ACanadianEquestrian ~ 46,200m[/url]
    [url=xxx]Sunriver Ranch ~ Erial _____ ~ finny. ~ 45,000m[/url]
    [url=xxx]White Oak Stables ~ Rose J. Matthews ~ Aragorn. ~ 45,990m[/url]
    [url=xxx]Archer Acres ~ Mari Archer ~ Sheepishlie ~ 45,000m[/url]
Last edited by landofmakebelieve on Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:50 am, edited 5 times in total.
landofmakebelieve

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Ironwood Dressage Association ♞ The Tack Shoppe

The Tack Shoppe

Bridles are a necessary piece of equipment for any horse competing. They come in 3 colors; Black, Tan and Chocolate (pictured left to right). Though any color is accepted in lower level classes, the most desired color is black. For anything level 4 and above, the horse MUST be fitted in black tack.
    Price: 500m

Saddles are a necessary piece of equipment for any horse competing. They come in 3 colors; Black, Chocolate and Tan (pictured left to right). Though any color is accepted in lower level classes, the most desired color is black. For anything level 4 and above, the horse MUST be fitted in black tack.
    Price: 800m

Saddle pads are a necessary piece of equipment for any horse competing. They come only in white. Though the fitted pad is accepted in lower level classes, the most desired is square. For anything level 4 and above, the horse MUST be fitted in a square pad.
    Price: 120m

Bell boots are not a necessary piece of equipment for competing horses. They come in any color you would like. They are only accepted in training classes and levels 1-3. For anything level 4 and above, the horse MUST NOT be fitted with bell boots.
    Price: 80m

Pillow wraps are not a necessary piece of equipment for competing horses. They come in any color you would like, most desired is white. They are only accepted in training classes and levels 1-4. For anything above level 4, the horse MUST NOT be fitted with pillow wraps.
    Price: 280m

Splint boots are not a necessary piece of equipment for competing horses. They come in any color you would like, most desired is white or black. They are only accepted in every level of competition.
    Price: 300m

Additionally, the only other thing you must purchase is a braided mane. The only levels where
    that is necessary is any level above a level 4. Below that it is optional.
    Price: 40m

Form to Purchase Tack
    [center]I'm purchasing tack![/center]

[list]Username:
    Horse Name: [url=xxx]here[/url]
    Equipment Wanted:
    Colors: (if applicable)
    Price:
    Starting Bank Balance:
    End Balance:[/list]
Last edited by landofmakebelieve on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
landofmakebelieve

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Ironwood Dressage Association ♞ Breeding Barn

Welcome to the breeding barn! Unfortunately, breedings are currently closed. Sorry for any inconveniences. Here you can pair up either two of your own horses, or borrow someone else's and order yourself a nice little foal. This association does not accept croos-breed horses to registered, so if you order a breeding between two horses of opposite breeds, it will be ignored. Please only order when breedings are open. The horses below are open to public breeding and can be bred without the owner's permission. Just fill out the form to apply for a breeding.

*owners, in signing your horse up for public breeding anyone can fill out a form for a breeding from them

[center][b]I'd like to breed these horses![/b][/center]
    Username;
    Mare; [url=link]Name here[/url]
    Yours, public breeding or special request;
    Permission; (delete if the horse is yours or public)
    Broodmare Fee;
    Stallion; [url=link]Name here[/url]
    Yours, public breeding or special request;
    Permission; (delete if the horse is yours or public)
    Stud Fee;
    Starting Balance;
    Final Balance;

Mares Available For Breeding
Stallions Available For Stud

Owner; piaffes
Show Name; RR D 'Nero
Nickname; Goose
Age; 3 Years
Breed; Dutch Warmblood
Height; 17.1hh
Stud Fee; 1,200m
Last edited by landofmakebelieve on Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
landofmakebelieve

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Ironwood Dressage Association ♞ Advertisement Board

Postby landofmakebelieve » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:41 pm

For sales, leases and affiliates
landofmakebelieve

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ironwood Dressage Association ♞ Dressage Sim ♞ Open

Postby landofmakebelieve » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:42 pm

We are still a WIP, but we are now open for marking and posting forms to create your farms!

I'm registering my barn!

Username: piaffes
    Farm Name: Rideau Ridge Stables
    Specific To: Dutch Warmbloods
    Owner's Name: Erin Josey
    Owner's Age: 33 Years Old
    Owner's Gender: Female
hello, bonjour
please call me believe

herro der mes amis, i am believe. proud canadian, ottb loving, colt breaking, nfr dreaming. pictured on the left is my racetrack reject, landofmakebelieve, aka molly, moo, shmoo, whatever name comes to mind x] molly is a 10 year old canadian bred thoroughbred mare, and standing at about 16.2hh, we look a little wonky when we chase cans, but la dee da that's alright. molly and i tried several disciplines. i tried desperately to get her to catch on to dressage, but unfortunately, she still has the race bred mind and is all go. however, together we found a discipline which we could both enjoy; western gaming. this summer we started travelling to barrel races locally. our current record on a standard size pattern is 17.314 and we are improving with every run. and to all the low budget barrel racers out there such as myself, a word of advise; chin up darling. you may not have a million dollar mount under your butt, but you and your crossbred, rejected, hard headed, rescue baby can do it. you know why? cause those girls sitting in their custom circle y's, upon shiny, top of the line mounts are full of themselves. they think there's no way they can lose. they get cocky. stay humble, believe in yourself, in your horse, and most importantly ride your little heart out.
landofmakebelieve

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby razzberry » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:57 pm

This looks fantastic piaffes! I love it :3

I'm registering my barn!

Username: RazzBerry
      Farm Name: Baymont Stables
      Specific To: Dutch Warmbloods and Lusitanos
      Owner's Name: Dempsey Lockwood
      Owner's Age: 27 years
      Owner's Gender: Female
trotters

"she wears her scars like her best attire. "

razz - she/her - pisces - ©

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

hi! feel free to call me razz if you'd like! i'm a dog mom
    of three and currently work in a vet clinic. i love animals,
    the outdoors, music and reptiles [dinos especially] and am
    a jurassic park diehard. if you ever want to chat my pm's
    are always open!
razzberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby landofmakebelieve » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:28 pm

Thank you c:

Accepted of course. I will have a horse or two up tomorrow. <3
hello, bonjour
please call me believe

herro der mes amis, i am believe. proud canadian, ottb loving, colt breaking, nfr dreaming. pictured on the left is my racetrack reject, landofmakebelieve, aka molly, moo, shmoo, whatever name comes to mind x] molly is a 10 year old canadian bred thoroughbred mare, and standing at about 16.2hh, we look a little wonky when we chase cans, but la dee da that's alright. molly and i tried several disciplines. i tried desperately to get her to catch on to dressage, but unfortunately, she still has the race bred mind and is all go. however, together we found a discipline which we could both enjoy; western gaming. this summer we started travelling to barrel races locally. our current record on a standard size pattern is 17.314 and we are improving with every run. and to all the low budget barrel racers out there such as myself, a word of advise; chin up darling. you may not have a million dollar mount under your butt, but you and your crossbred, rejected, hard headed, rescue baby can do it. you know why? cause those girls sitting in their custom circle y's, upon shiny, top of the line mounts are full of themselves. they think there's no way they can lose. they get cocky. stay humble, believe in yourself, in your horse, and most importantly ride your little heart out.
landofmakebelieve

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby razzberry » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:50 pm

trotters

"she wears her scars like her best attire. "

razz - she/her - pisces - ©

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

hi! feel free to call me razz if you'd like! i'm a dog mom
    of three and currently work in a vet clinic. i love animals,
    the outdoors, music and reptiles [dinos especially] and am
    a jurassic park diehard. if you ever want to chat my pm's
    are always open!
razzberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby landofmakebelieve » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:46 am

Our first horse is up!
hello, bonjour
please call me believe

landofmakebelieve

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me