Drawing sessions 1
32 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Vacant

by Vacant

Icarus flew too close to the sun;

Postby Vacant » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:10 pm

-art by Doctor Draca-

so, here's the reasoning behind the suit because character development.

he fell from the roof during college trying to get a notebook
broke his back from the impact, and was paralyzed from the waist down.

instead of letting himself be paralyzed, he invented this suit, which taps into his nervous system to transmit the electrical impulses to his legs and tail.
of course, it needs a power source, which for now is Icarus himself.
which also makes him susceptible to passing out often and making him quite lazy time to time.

the suit also has a habit of getting stuck on him, and is nearly impossible to remove.
if it gets stuck on too long, Icarus can pass into a deep sleep that mirrors a coma. He just needs a few days rest during this period- however, if he reaves this point, normally someone else to disengage the lock on the suit and help him out of it, as he won't have enough energy to do anything other than talk.
And yes, he cannot walk without the suit on and requires a wheelchair during that period...

some basic information;
Name; Icarus Einstein Bastilin
Gender; Male
Sexuality; Pansexual, leans towards males.
Family;Bastille {mother}, Rosalin {mother}, Oblivion {sister}.
-----------

Physical Attributes;
Icarus is rather scrawny and small set. He's no where the size of either of his parents, and is normally dwarfed over by average sized beans. Small mass wise, but overly large fluff wise, Icarus' extra height is due to a large amount of fur, which spikes out in all directions- especially after he's been in the lab for several days.
He also cannot walk if he's not wearing the suit, due to an accident his senior year of college. Icarus currently has a single neat scar down the middle of his back, where spinal surgery was attempted. In anthro or human form, this scar is slightly raised, and feels almost bumpy. There's no actual feeling on the scar or around it, which means that one can touch the scar without Icarus even being aware of it.
Anthro Icarus has a wobbly gait, even when wearing the suit, and is quite the klutz. The second the suit is off, Icarus becomes very small in stature, and will often just allow himself to be moved room to room without any input from himself. Not having the suit will more often than not remove his energetic side, making him pretty much a lazy potato.

Personality;
Icarus is a science orientated bean without a doubt. He absolutely adores it, and will often go over the top talking about it, and will often purposely drag a conversation to orientate around what he's currently working on. Icarus is often described as ambitious and powerful in the work place, although at home or in his personal lab or around friends, he's quite quirky and overall just warm. Icarus is always trying to do his best, and has a short attention span for failed experiments, or anything really. Around strangers, or in a formal situation, Icarus acts rigid and serious, and can be demanding when needed or expected to be.
With his suit on, Icarus is daring and out-going. He'll challenge anyone to anything, too certain of his own abilities to win and to overcome things thrown at him. He's often seen walking about chatting away with others who tower over him, challenging them to whatever he can think of on short notice.
Without his suit, Icarus becomes what can only be described as a bean bag. Icarus will become upset and irritable, but also extremely thankful to those who stick around to see him through his off days. He enjoys being warm and hiding his limp legs and tail as well, making sure that those who aren't aware of his back simply think he is ill or coming down with something. Icarus also hates his legs being touched at this period, as it annoys him to no ends to feel nothing. This science bean has also been known to be moody and to lash out at others while paralyzed, refusing to see clients and friends some days.

---------------------

Random Facts;
Icarus can finish a project in anywhere from a week to a month, depending on the complexity.
Due to his large quantity of inventions, Icarus has quite the large amount of money in his bank account. This money only goes to paying rent at his high-rise apartment, and to funding new projects.
Icarus graduated from MIT with a degree in engineering. No one's quite sure what type of engineering.
He keeps a wheelchair in the backcloset of his room, but hasn't ever built himself any other wheelchair other than the standard issue one.
His lab is considered top secret, but not just by him. It seems that he may deal in some shady business inventions every once in a while.
He's highly resourceful, as he's been known to build things from nothing but scraps.
Once dedicated to something or someone, Icarus won't ever back off. Call it clingy-ness, he calls it being protective.
Icarus is deathly afraid of heights, and can't stand going more than a leg's length off the ground.
Icarus is horrible at keeping anything other than his experiments neat. The only neat place in his apartment is the lab, nowhere else.
He scored perfect on the SAT and ACT. What else did you expect?
Despite being intelligent, Icarus tends to speak normally and find connecting with others easily.

Quirks;
Icarus bites the inside of his mouth when nervous.
He stutters when under pressure.
He swears in elements.
He has memorized science related pick up lines.
Last edited by Vacant on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
---
Vacant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Icarus flew too close to the sun;

Postby AustrianAce » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:49 pm

O. M. G.
This is amazing
Purely amazing ;u;
whispers does he go for guys
AustrianAce | She/her | Aspiring Veterinarian | Alpine Aces Kennels
ImageImage

AustrianAce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vacant » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:09 pm

Austriagirl wrote:
O. M. G.
This is amazing
Purely amazing ;u;
whispers does he go for guys

;u; <33
    thank you!

he does but he has his eyes on someone atm
---
Vacant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vacant » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:43 am

updated his personality and what not for reference. uwu
    this is his official item ref, the last is more of a beta version >u>
---
Vacant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby slurm » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:47 am

Super awesome! <3
deviantart

Marco
Hailey, Winifred
Horizon, Tadpole

-

Look at my precious children look at them
Oh no she is blinded
slurm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *~SlyFox~* » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:11 am

Icarus is a lovely bean, really love his suit! It looks amazing, super interesting as well. <3
Image What's important isn't whether you can see the future or not. Its the will to make a choice, and the strength to seize your destiny. Image

||Signature art by Blusagi. Pokemon stamp by skymint-stamp. Baking stamp by mleko099. All found on DeviantArt ||
*~SlyFox~*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vacant » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:59 pm

*~SlyFox~* wrote:
Icarus is a lovely bean, really love his suit! It looks amazing, super interesting as well. <3

QDQ <33 thank you!

ooc Icarus;; Lovely? I guess that fits >u>
    //I blame Doctor Who, Iron Man, Bill Nye and Sherlock for Icarus' character. And the myth of course//
Gerbilfuzz wrote:Super awesome! <3

QuQ <33 Thank you gerb!
---
Vacant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Segie » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:11 pm

stalk
    Seriously you come up with the best character concepts *u*
    This is all so detailed and just amazing.
Segie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vacant » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:23 pm

Segie wrote:
    stalk
    Seriously you come up with the best character concepts *u*
    This is all so detailed and just amazing.

-stalks back-
    //I can admit that I thought of his character at like midnight yes and I have no idea where it came from he just kinda appeared//
    -curls up on- but thank you yes QDQ <33
    //I LIEK SHADING//
    QDQ <33 thank you again yes -shading metals is fun-
---
Vacant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sethh » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:26 am

Your character is so original, I love how you crafted him. He is so genuine.

I bow to you, great master of character creation.
quitting but keeping most of my pets, may gift stuff 2 friends
Sethh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me