Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Tanzeni Lions RV by Rising Sun

Based on Click to view
Artist Rising Sun [gallery]
Time spent 1 minute, 22 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
38 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Tanzeni Lions RV

Postby Rising Sun » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:09 am

Welcomed to the Re-vamped version of TZL's

I ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ Ian ♥ wrote:
Tanzeni Lions are a short-maned subspecies, scientific name P. I. aliqua. It is unknown why aliqua was chosen, as it means 'dancing' in Latin. Some hypothesize that it was chosen because 'tanzen' is the german word for 'dance'.

Tanzeni lions are slightly smaller than their African cousins but are equally as dangerous unless raised from birth. They reach maturity at about seven years of age, and live twice as long as regular lions. The oldest recorded was a male in the wild reaching 57 years of age, ten years longer than the average. Tanzeni lions come in every color but unnatural colors severely hinders their ability to hunt and most brightly colored TZL's are shamans or healers. All Tanzeni lions are born with an innate love of snow. Tanzeni lions are omnivores, feeding on both meat and berries when the season permits.

Tanzeni lions have a social hierarchy that is similar to other lion species. There is a dominant male that runs the pride, though there can be other males within the pride as well. Usually a pride consists of the dominant male and his family, and their families. Daughters and sons don't leave the pride, though they are encouraged to travel for a while and find their mate before returning to raise a family. Because of this family-style raising system, every pride's customs are different, though many have the same customs.

Ranking
Dominant Male - Called everything from 'alpha' to 'highness', the dominant male is the wisest and usually the oldest male lion in the pride. He is the one who founds the pride.
Dominant Female - The female counterpart to the dominant male, she is usually more spirited than her mate. These lionesses are revered as both mothers and as a mate, as they are the ones to give birth to offspring and so are responsible for expanding the pride from two to many.
Shamans - The shamans are the second most important member of the pride. They speak to the gods and return their word to the other members of the pride. Shamans know a bit of healing, though their trade usually centers more around the spiritual aspect of well-being.
Healers - Healers are like Shamans in many ways. However, they often have no ties to the gods and goddesses, and instead choose to focus on what they can feel, see, smell, and taste. They have a good-natured rivalry with the Shamans, as most Healers do not believe in deities. They practice their trade with the help of trees, herbs, roots, and spices.
Hunters - all other female lions in the pride.
Guardians - all other male lions in the pride.
Cubs - the most sacred of all the pridemates, cubs are treated like the precious treasures they are. Born in litters of 1-4, they aren't named until they reach seven days of age and the most dangerous part of their life is over.Regular TZl's (Guardians and Hunters) usually just have feathers, but they can have either bracelets or piercings. Shamans wear lots of jewelry - i.e the piercings and bracelets. Healers wear the bandage on their hind leg to signify their profession.
High ranking members (such as the alpha and beta male or female) can choose to wear what they want, but it is looked down upon to wear something that isn't your profession.

The first ceremony is the Ceremony of Naming, it is when a cub reaches seven days old and is given a name by their parents. The healer and the dominant male and his mate preside and are the ones to 'officially' name the cub, however the mother and father usually meet beforehand and pick a name they like. The second ceremony is the Ceremony of the Hunt, when a young lion proves themselves to the pride by bringing down their first large prey. This is perhaps the most important, seeing as this is when they earn their feathers - one their eye color, the other a random or favorite color. The feathers are always dark on the bottom and light on the top. Some prides have more ceremonies than others. Ceremonies of Love, Trade, and Death are other common celebrations.

Rules
1)There is no limit to the amount you can have but try to let everyone get a lion
2)Fill out the artist form to adopt, these are FREE, so no bribes either
3)Don't complain if you don't with the lion you want, there will always be more!
4)Three customs per customer, and please respect what the artist want in payment, if they say a rare, don't give an uncommon
5)Please be polite, to everyone
6)Follow all CS rules
Last edited by Rising Sun on Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:07 am, edited 24 times in total.

Doctor Who wrote: "You don't just
give up. You
don't just let things
happen. You
make a stand.
You say no! You
have the guts to
do what's right, even
when everyone
else just runs away"
Rising Sun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tanzeni Lions

Postby Rising Sun » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:13 am

CURRENTLY ACCEPTING

Custom Form
Erase everything in ()
Code: Select all
Username:
Gender of TZL:
Design: (Be as specific and clear as possible, pictures are nice if possible)
Colors: (Add eyes color here)
Accessories: (Max 3)
Accessories colors:
Line edits: (Note: Cost extra)
Feather color(s):
Mane Color:
Specific Artist?:
Other/Extra:
Payment

Rising Sun: 2011 wishlist pet(s)
ShadowGal990: any pet older than 2012
I ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ Ian ♥: 2 pets on wishlist
Wafflez2:wishlist older than 2012

I (Rising Sun) will not be accepting any customs for now. I might pick up one or two here or there but I just don't have the time right now. Sorry and I look forward to starting up again when I can :(
Last edited by Rising Sun on Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:46 am, edited 10 times in total.

give up. You
don't just let things
happen. You
make a stand.
You say no! You
have the guts to
do what's right, even
when everyone
else just runs away"
Rising Sun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tanzeni Lions

Postby Rising Sun » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:15 am

Announcements will be made here instead of as a post

-The Roleplay is open
-Now open! First lion made!
-I ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ Ian ♥ made us a new about section- go check it out! (Aug 4)
-A Siberian Husky is now a guest artist (Aug 8)

Last edited by Rising Sun on Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:32 am, edited 5 times in total.

give up. You
don't just let things
happen. You
make a stand.
You say no! You
have the guts to
do what's right, even
when everyone
else just runs away"
Rising Sun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tanzeni Lions RV

Postby Rising Sun » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:28 am

Res. Just in Case

give up. You
don't just let things
happen. You
make a stand.
You say no! You
have the guts to
do what's right, even
when everyone
else just runs away"
Rising Sun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby parlaymars » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:44 am

Ohhh. New thread smell c:

Can I say I LOVE the new lines. Absolutely stunning.
As soon as I'm added I'll get to work on gorgeous lions and lionesses for you lovely people to adopt.

EDIT: I would love to do customs, my price would be any two pets on my wishlist.
parlaymars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tokariya » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:06 am

psst this is in the wrong forum. you put it in created pets instead of adoptables >n<
♦ ♕ ♦
not using this site as much anymore but i'll still be online for questions, art, and for my ocs on here

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2108921
tokariya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rising Sun » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:29 am

Woops, thanks, I'll ask someone to move it!

give up. You
don't just let things
happen. You
make a stand.
You say no! You
have the guts to
do what's right, even
when everyone
else just runs away"
Rising Sun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby landofmakebelieve » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:55 am

Markinggggggg
hello, bonjour
please call me believe

herro der mes amis, i am believe. proud canadian, ottb loving, colt breaking, nfr dreaming. pictured on the left is my racetrack reject, landofmakebelieve, aka molly, moo, shmoo, whatever name comes to mind x] molly is a 10 year old canadian bred thoroughbred mare, and standing at about 16.2hh, we look a little wonky when we chase cans, but la dee da that's alright. molly and i tried several disciplines. i tried desperately to get her to catch on to dressage, but unfortunately, she still has the race bred mind and is all go. however, together we found a discipline which we could both enjoy; western gaming. this summer we started travelling to barrel races locally. our current record on a standard size pattern is 17.314 and we are improving with every run. and to all the low budget barrel racers out there such as myself, a word of advise; chin up darling. you may not have a million dollar mount under your butt, but you and your crossbred, rejected, hard headed, rescue baby can do it. you know why? cause those girls sitting in their custom circle y's, upon shiny, top of the line mounts are full of themselves. they think there's no way they can lose. they get cocky. stay humble, believe in yourself, in your horse, and most importantly ride your little heart out.
landofmakebelieve

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby C a s » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:50 am

Hey, Sun, can I give up one of my customs for one in the new lines?)
C a s

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rising Sun » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:16 am

Oh I forgot, Since they're new lines I'll let people who've done their three on the other lines do one or two more here. But if they chose to do this I will only copy one of their customs onto the new lines. And max 2-3 transfers otherwise, depending on the complexity.

PS. If theirs a really complicated design on the TZL you want to transfer I might say no to transferring it just because I don't want to mess it up or take the time to carefully transfer tiny intricate lines over. Sorry

give up. You
don't just let things
happen. You
make a stand.
You say no! You
have the guts to
do what's right, even
when everyone
else just runs away"
Rising Sun

My pets