Curio Batch #5A -- owned by Graham! by Dr. Paine

Based on Click to view
Artist Dr. Paine [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Curio Batch #5A -- owned by Graham!

Postby Dr. Paine » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:03 am

Graham wrote:Uneasily you touch your egg for the first time, and whisper what you wish to tell it.

Hello, little egglet. /softly trails a hand along the rough gems
When I first read your description, I was reminded of Radscorpions. Naturally, it would be neat if you mirrored them in some way or another. Powerful, deadly poison; aggressive nature; bigger than a human; nocturnal and perhaps sensitive to light.
I don't want to pressure you; I will adore you no matter how you turn out, little one. I will do my best to cater to your needs, and will gladly accept you no matter what gender you feel you are. You'll be entering a large, varied family, and I'm sure you'll find someone you like. Gossamer and Harpsichord are most interested in meeting you.

I honestly hoped to have more to say to you, but I'm at a loss. I'm glad to have met you, little one, and I hope you'll feel at home with us.

It twitches in response, having heard you and felt you.

Congratulations, you have... well, certainly there's cobra and scorpion in there, perhaps a mix of... mantis? Lion? Human? ... and jewels?

The egg was scarcely bigger than a scorpion itself, but it seems like this little creature took your words to heart! They (for they haven't given any indication of a preferred gender to me-- perhaps they'll be more likely to share with you?) quickly grew to be about 9' tall, and... honestly, I don't even know how long! Their coloration is indeed quite a bit like that of the radscorpions you were reminded of, and though there are no visible plates, this creature's... skin, I suppose, feels quite hard... and shiny to boot!

You've got yourself a fierce fighter here-- perhaps not the most agile, but incredibly fast, able to strike with the wicked scythes on their 'arms' as well as the one at the end of their tail. And should that fail, they can either simply bite and inject their venom, or spray it in a blinding mist!

Despite being found in the desert, it seems this little one is quite sensitive to the sun (and has rather poor eyesight in general, they get around more with the help of the heat-sensing pits on their snout and tongue-scenting). They're quite happy to have been brought into your family though, and seem quite interested in meeting everyone else-- Gossamer in particular, due to their shared... centaur-ish traits!

Well, I hope you enjoy your new companion; and thank you for shopping with Shepard's Curios! Have a fantastic day!
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Curio Batch #5A -- owned by Graham!

Postby Boghound » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:07 am

Aaaah my baby. ; w ;
Oh, Paine, you outdid yourself! This guy's absolutely amazing!
-
-
-
-
✦✦✦

elijah/eli. they/him. adult. severely mentally ill.
open to dms if you need to chat for whatever reason!
utterly obsessed with kento nanami, my husband.

🦈

✦✦✦

Boghound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Curio Batch #5A -- owned by Graham!

Postby Dr. Paine » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:12 am