Deerssert #238 by Puffee

Based on Click to view
Artist Puffee [gallery]
Time spent 55 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
26 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Deerssert #238

Postby Puffee » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:24 pm

Deerssert are a mystical, mythological species that appear in history every so often. Sightings grew sparser and sparser through the years, but now they've started to appear more and more. Here at the HQ, a centre dedicated to keeping these creatures from being hunted, we cannot foster them all-- and that's where you come in!

The simplest way to explain them? Deersserts are deer with a twist! While the specifics vary from deer to deer, they all have a few things in common. Deersserts have muscle, skin, fur and bone, but they are described as tasting like sweets. Their scent lingers so much that hides carry a fragrant scent even after death. Instead of fluffy tails, they have a pouf of whipped cream or ice cream [depending on the deer!] with some manner of fruit on top.

Size-wise, they're about the size of a border collie, but have been known to grow to the size of a horse in rare cirucmstances. [In even rarer circumstances, they have gotten bigger. This is the largest deerssert known.] Likewise, they are born as small as a full-grown rabbit, and some never progress past this size.

An Easter inspired deerssert! Yes, it's a bit late for it, but I've had this design and contest planned since Easter, but never got around to making it. I made it today (well, yesterday actually) because yesterday was the day I officially finished eating all of the chocolate I got for Easter. <3

Anyway, for this one, tell me what's inside of the chocolate! See all the places that are black with question marks? They'll all be coloured depending on the flavour you choose. This deerssert bleeds, and cries that flavour (so that colour). And yes, there is a bite out of their tail.
    So, you could choose turkish delight for the flavour, and all the 'question marks' would be coloured that reddish colour. Same for things like mint and caramel. Also the consistency for whatever you choose stays the same. Be creative! ;D
    Code: Select all
    [b]name;[/b]
    [b]gender;[/b]
    [b]'flavour';[/b]
    [b]describe the 'flavour';[/b] [why you chose it, what it means to them, about the actual 'flavour' itself, etc.]

No limits whatsoever, but I will mainly be judging on the flavour. c:
    End date is July 20th, but may be extended. ouo

Weeping_Angel }Y{ wrote:

name; Acinus-Pavlos
name origin; Acinus is the latin word for berry, and Pavlos is of latin origin meaning small or humble.
gender; male
'flavour'; blueberry
the 'flavour';
reasoning;
    I chose the flavor of blueberries for this deer because one of my favorite chocolates are cordial blueberries. In the state of Maine, my home state, we are known for our forests of pines, bright autumn foliage, lobster, and blueberries. My personal opinion on these berries is that the wild ones taste better, though I can only assume it is because they are not cultivated by humans and instead grow naturally. In fact, the inspiration for Ace's name comes from not only his berry filling, but also the fact that wild blueberries grow on shorter bushes, leaving them closer to the ground. I see this as meaning they are a humble fruit, hence the name Pavlos. Of course, some might argue that it was chosen more for the small size of the purple-toned berries, but that is not the case, though it does fit as well.

I also find the blueberry to be an interesting berry. Not only is it different from most berries due to its cool coloring as opposed to a bright red or pink, but the fact that its juices are not blue at all, and are more of a purple. Raspberries, strawberries and even blackberries bleed a juice quite similar to that of their outer color, but the blueberry is different. Unique. That is why I feel it fits this deerssert.

meaning;
    To Ace, the blueberry is not only a part of him, but a part of his childhood. Growing up, he lived near the Appalachian Mountains in Maine. He loved to pick the blueberries that grew in the forest surrounding the mountains. His favorite place was actually a patch of wild blueberries hidden amongst trees in the shadows. Whenever he was sad or upset he would always go there just to relax and calm himself down.

description;
    The blueberry filling inside is transparent, a dark, see through purple. To complement this filling there is also a thicker, lighter purple syrup that fills him as well. When he gets cut or his chocolate breaks both fillings will leak out. However, he doesn't heal. Instead the filling will solidify and leave a light pink crust of sorts, acting like a scar.

personality;
    Ace is an all around happy deer. He loves to play and run and have fun. However, he knows that life isn't just fun and games. He's a hard worker and will never turn away from a challenge. Sometimes he has a tendency to be tart and sour as blueberries sometimes are, but he is usually as sweet as can be.
Last edited by Puffee on Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Puffee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Deerssert #238

Postby Hiroko » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:31 pm

heh reserve. ; u ; <3
I'm pretty inactive here rn

| ask.fm | deviantart |
Hiroko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

deerssert 238 ♡♡ coconut

Postby sheepsorrel » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:32 pm

♡♡♡

name ♡ coconut
gender ♡ male
flavour ♡ shredded coconut

i chose coconut because it is one of my favorite flavors,
and i can imagine this deerssert liking it, too. one of my
favorite things about the coconut is the crunch, so it's not
just the flavor- i like the texture, and even the way it looks.
it means all that to me, and coconut too. coconut's favorite
thing about shredded coconut is not any of those things though,
coconut really likes how it tastes with chocolate. when she eats
it, it's rough but sweet texture always calms her. it's a simple
meaning, but still, it's a good flavor!

♡♡♡

Last edited by sheepsorrel on Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
previously cupcake frosting - my kalons
sheepsorrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby . : cry : . » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:37 pm

name;; Kurīmu [ クリーム ] [ cream ]
        gender;; female
        'flavour';; dark black coffee, loads of sugar and cream as well. [ her color would be a light tan fading to white ]
        describe the 'flavour';; I chose black coffee with cream and sugar, because it represents her personality to a T. It's also one of my favorite drinks, although I don't drink much of it. cx It's a warm, mellow flavor with a slightly bitter aftertaste. It tastes like something akin to extremely bitter hot chocolate.
        her flavour's personality;;
        She is extremely intelligent, although a bit reserved. It can be a bit hard to find her true 'flavor' under all of the cream and sugar, but once you find it, she is genuinely stubborn and bitter. Over time she became gentler to herself and others, hence her name 'cream'. When she's not feeling particularly splendid on any given day, she can be a bit overbearing, or at least when she can get away with it. She pays rather bad attention to details.
Last edited by . : cry : . on Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
stuff wrote:my deersserts;;
call me cry or kraken
. : cry : .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wowhow » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:53 pm

name; Gyro
gender; male
'flavor'; Huckleberry
describe the 'flavor'; I've heard that you can only pick huckleberries in Idaho and Montana because those are the only places where they grow and I happen to live near a few mountains where huckleberries grow. Huckleberries are sweet and full of flavor while Kyro is sweet and full of randomness but when you eat a huckleberry the first thing you notice is the tart juice that, if you ate enough at one time, would make you pucker your face.
oh saturday sun
I met someone
out on the west coast
I gotta get back I can't let this go
wowhow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tricksters » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:58 pm

name; Halwn: Welsh Arthurian legend name meaning "salt." In Culhwch and Olwen, this is the name of the father of Huarwar, noted for having asked King Arthur so great a boon that once granted it brought about a plague.
gender; Male
'flavour'; Goat cheese
describe the 'flavour'; [why you chose it, what it means to them, about the actual 'flavour' itself, etc.]

why;;
First off, goat cheese is a type of cheese that, obviously, is made of goat milk. It is very flavorful, especially if you eat it fresh from the farm. From what I've heard, goat cheese and pear dark chocolate is a delicacy in some parts of the world. I myself have never tried it with cocoa, but I am ecstatic to try it!
what;;
First off, Hal hates cheese. Why? He cries it. He bleeds it. He lives it. It's a curse to him, he thinks he was punished in some way by receiving a torture of smelling curdled milk every time he bleeds or cries. "Not to mention the embarrassment. Have you tried going around smelling like a goat sty after crying over a big matter?"
about;;
Goat cheese image
Goat cheese has been made for thousands of years, and was probably one of the earliest made dairy products. In the most simple form, goat cheese is made by allowing raw milk to naturally curdle, and then draining and pressing the curds. Other techniques use an acid (such as vinegar or lemon juice) or rennet to coagulate the milk. Soft goat cheeses are made in kitchens all over the world, with cooks hanging bundles of cheesecloth filled with curds in the warm kitchen for several days to drain and cure. If the cheese is to be aged, it is often brined so it will form a rind, and then stored in a cool cheese cave for several months to cure.

Goat cheese softens when exposed to heat, although it does not melt in the same way many cow cheeses do. Firmer goat cheeses with rinds are sometimes baked in an oven to form a warm viscous form of the cheese.
-

nova - mouse artist
I work over full time 5 days a week lol
please be patient with me I'm so tired rn

my birthday is august 20th
Tricksters

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:11 pm

name; Acinus-Pavlos
name origin; Acinus is the latin word for berry, and Pavlos is of latin origin meaning small or humble.
gender; male
'flavour'; blueberry
the 'flavour';
reasoning;
    I chose the flavor of blueberries for this deer because one of my favorite chocolates are cordial blueberries. In the state of Maine, my home state, we are known for our forests of pines, bright autumn foliage, lobster, and blueberries. My personal opinion on these berries is that the wild ones taste better, though I can only assume it is because they are not cultivated by humans and instead grow naturally. In fact, the inspiration for Ace's name comes from not only his berry filling, but also the fact that wild blueberries grow on shorter bushes, leaving them closer to the ground. I see this as meaning they are a humble fruit, hence the name Pavlos. Of course, some might argue that it was chosen more for the small size of the purple-toned berries, but that is not the case, though it does fit as well.

I also find the blueberry to be an interesting berry. Not only is it different from most berries due to its cool coloring as opposed to a bright red or pink, but the fact that its juices are not blue at all, and are more of a purple. Raspberries, strawberries and even blackberries bleed a juice quite similar to that of their outer color, but the blueberry is different. Unique. That is why I feel it fits this deerssert.

meaning;
    To Ace, the blueberry is not only a part of him, but a part of his childhood. Growing up, he lived near the Appalachian Mountains in Maine. He loved to pick the blueberries that grew in the forest surrounding the mountains. His favorite place was actually a patch of wild blueberries hidden amongst trees in the shadows. Whenever he was sad or upset he would always go there just to relax and calm himself down.

description;
    The blueberry filling inside is transparent, a dark, see through purple. To complement this filling there is also a thicker, lighter purple syrup that fills him as well. When he gets cut or his chocolate breaks both fillings will leak out. However, he doesn't heal. Instead the filling will solidify and leave a light pink crust of sorts, acting like a scar.

personality;
    Ace is an all around happy deer. He loves to play and run and have fun. However, he knows that life isn't just fun and games. He's a hard worker and will never turn away from a challenge. Sometimes he has a tendency to be tart and sour as blueberries sometimes are, but he is usually as sweet as can be.
Last edited by Weeping_Angel }Y{ on Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:02 am, edited 9 times in total.
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---

The Pumpkin Queen | ∑a∂ µa††er | DolphinGirl4Ever
Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dr pepper. » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:15 pm

name; Charlie

gender; Male

'flavour'; Raspberry Milk

describe the 'flavour';
Now you might be thinking,
"WHAT IN THE WORLD IS RASPBERRY MILK?"
I'll tell you.

Raspberry milk is just raspberry juice, but it has cream and chocolate in it. It has a silky texture with edible raspberry seeds in it, to give it a little extra crunch. The flavor is rich and creamy, with of course the taste of raspberries.
Last edited by dr pepper. on Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
dr pepper.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:34 pm

name;
Yamparti
(Means "Sweet" and is Aboriginal in origin.)

gender;
Male

'flavour';
Marshmallow

describe the 'flavour';
I chose this flavor because of my love of smores. Smores are made using two piece of graham crackers, in-between both of them are placed rows of chocolate and one very gooey marshmallow in the center. I absolutely ADORE these delicious sweet treats. I was reminded of my experience recently trying a chocolate-covered Peep - you know, those brightly-colored chicks that are made of sugar and corn syrup and have the texture of marshmallows? I LOVE them dearly - I'd eat two and three at a time, if it wasn't so bad for my body. XD Anywho, I love Peeps, and I like chocolate - so...why not combine them? My mother got me and my siblings one chocolate-covered Peep each, and...I hated mine. Hated it with a passion.
So why pick marshmallow for Yamparti? Simple. I love smores. XD
Furthermore, I love candy bars like Milky Ways and 3 Musketeers, both of which have a filling that is very similar to marshmallows. Milky Way came out with a sub-flavor to their normal milk chocolate, caramel, and filling flavor - the sub-flavor is called "Midnight." It consists of dark chocolate, a tiny bit of caramel, and a TON of marshmallow filling. I don't normally love Milky Way candy bars, but I LOVE the Milky Way: Midnight candy bars. If the bars weren't so bad for my health - and if they weren't so expensive - I'd eat about two bags a week. XD As it is now, I eat them very rarely, so they're very much like a treat to me.

As for what it means to him, well, he loves marshmallows more than anything on the planet! Not a fan of chocolate himself - seeing as he's made of it - he likes marshmallows the best, even more than cheesecake and ice cream! Though some people can't stomach more than three marshmallows in a day, Yamparti can eat up to two whole bags per day. :D He loves dunking the marshmallows in hot chocolate, or eating Oatmeal Creme Pies (which have a gooey marshmallow center in-between two soft oatmeal patties), not to mention the DELICIOUS marshmallow frosting that you can buy in those blue-topped containers.

Marshmallows are very sweet and FILLED with sugar. The actual ingredients on a jar of marshmallow frosting can be seen in the picture above. 0 grams of fat - now THAT'S an amazing feat, considering that this is a dessert, and desserts technically contain a WHOLE BUNCH of fat, normally. Sugar is the second ingredient on the list, so that explains why marshmallow frosting is SO SWEET. This batch of frosting (made by Kraft) is low in calorie-count as well as carbohydrates, so for people who are on diets that are concerned with calories and carbs and foods that are high in them, this is a nice, sweet treat with a very low calorie-count and carbohydrate-count. In other words, this dessert is almost guilt-free. XD
I’m dealing with extensive medical issues and some medical testing to try to figure out said issues. If I am scarce on here, that's why.

♪♫ Try to lock me in this cage. I won't just lay me down and die. I will take these broken wings, and watch me burn across the sky! ♫♪

Please send me a PM if you add me in PokemonGo!

Arovague Greyaromantic Androromantic
Requisexual Greysexual Demi-Androsexual Acespike Aceflux
Non-binary Agenderflux Fluidflux Versandrogyne

ImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Morticia » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:16 pm

Gonna have to drop out of this one. Good luck to everyone though c:
Last edited by Morticia on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    ImageImageImage | | Image
    - - - - - - - -

┏━━━━━━━━┒
    --
    --
    --
    --
    --
    QUIT
    --
    --
    --