Cheetah Eggs V. 0.1

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Cheetah Eggs V. 0.1

Postby jensen ackles » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:45 am

So, in a random stream of mine, Bentley brought up the topic of an adoptable species they had ran back in like 2010. So I of course demanded it be started up again. So here we are, and Cheetah Eggs are back in business! With Bentley's permission, of course~

➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳

Welcome to Cheetah Eggs!

Cheetah Eggs, or CE for short, is a one-of-a-kind adoption agency founded by Tris where you can adopt free growing and breedable pets. Here on the first post, you'll find the thread rules, table of contents, staff listing, FAQ, and the dreaded blacklist.

Show your support:
Chibi made us a button!
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2345283][IMG]http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy43/ice_whisper/CE.png[/IMG][/url]

xX-Callisto-Xx made a button as well!
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2345283][img]http://i30.tinypic.com/pn86a.jpg[/img][/url]

➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳v

Thread Rules.
These rules apply to the entire thread, not just certain areas of it. If you break one of the thread rules, you will be placed on the blacklist on your first offense. These are not difficult to follow.

-All site and forum rules apply.
-You may not claim this art as your own.
-You may not remove the URL that links back to this thread. Note: if you have more than one cheetah in your signature, only one needs to be linked. This can be done as you wish, either by linking one cheetah, or including them all in the link tags.
-Chatting on this thread is alright, but please try not to spam excessively.
-You are allowed to post these ANYWHERE--CS, Dragon Cave, another forum, I don't care. :3 As long as you don't remove the link that goes back to this thread, your cheetahs are free to roam the internet.
-Don't copy this thread or my idea. If you like these adoptables and want to make your own, I'm flattered, but there are plenty of ways to do it that aren't the same as mine.
-Don't pester or ask when your egg will be done. You'll know when it's done when you get the PM. There's no reason to ask me. -Triple-B will be sorely ticked if you bother them. Don't do it.
-Don't act like a minimod unless you are one of the minimods (or a CS moderator or admin). This thread has moderators for a reason, and we don't need more.
-Don't bug people. I don't want to see questions about when the next release is. I don't want to see begging for default cheetahs. I don't want to see begging for customs. I don't want to hear nagging about when special events are. I also don't want to hear that my mods are being bugged about this. If it happens, I will know, and action will be taken against you.
-I have enough mods, don't you think? If I need any more, I'll open apps. Right now, I have five plus myself; I don't need any more, so don't ask! Instead, listen to them; they're not here to be ignored. If we have to pull out the big guns (Lady), we will.

Table of Contents.

Archives // Fanclub // Chatzy // Suggestions

Post One - Welcome, Thread Rules, Buttons, Staff, FAQ, Blacklist
Post Two - Adoption (x)
Post Three - Pound (x)
Post Four - Nursery (x)
Post Five - Store (x)
Post Six - Species Archive (x)
Post Seven - Events (x)
Post Eight - Auctions (x)
Post Nine - Contact Staff (x)
Post Ten - Other (x)

Staff Listing.

Jensen Ackles
Mod, Co-Owner, Artist, Etc.
Bentley
Mod, Co-Owner, Artist, Etc.

Frequently Asked Questions.

Are these free?
Yes, unless you want a custom of your fursona or character.

How do you make them grow?
This will tell you.

Can I reserve a cheetah egg from a couple?
Nope, not unless you own one of the parents that was bred.

Can I get an egg for a friend?
No. They have to order it themselves.

How many eggs or growing cheetahs can I have at once?
One. Custom eggs don't count, though.

The title says open! How come I can't breed a cheetah/adopt an egg/get a custom?
Because each of the posts for breeding, adopting, and getting a custom has its own opening schedule. One part of the thread being opened =/= all of the parts open.

Why did my cheetah cub go back to being in its egg/why did my adult cheetah go back to being a cub?
Because Photobucket acts weird sometimes. I don't really know, but it'll stay at the stage it's supposed to be at eventually.

I applied for an egg, but never got PMed! Why not?
Because you didn't follow the rules.

When will I get PMed the code for my egg?
When it's finished.

What happens if I break the thread rules?
You get blacklisted.

My cheetah's siblings grew! Why didn't mine?
Maybe it's not appearing on your computer, or maybe it just hasn't reached its time yet. It'll grow eventually.

What determines whether my cheetah has a certain mutation/marking/gender?
Lots of things. Some mutations are very rare while others are common. Markings are determined by the marks of the parents, and gender is random except when two females or two males are bred.

Why can't I choose how my cub looks?
Because that would ruin the surprise.

Can I make my own cheetahs using your lineart?
Absolutely not. Not unless I invite you to or you're one of the mods.

Why is it taking so long to get my egg PM?
Well, there are two scenarios here:
1. You didn't follow the rules, so you're not getting an egg.
2. I haven't made it yet. I make all three stages of growth when the eggs are ordered so that you are assured a cheetah that will grow in schedule. When you order, I'm not just coloring an egg, I'm making your whole request; three pictures.

How long does it take an egg to grow to adulthood?
1-2 weeks, depending on how busy staff is.

Can I name my egg when I get it?
Yes. ;D

Can I wait to name my cheetah until it is fully grown?
Yes, but you cannot rename a cheetah that already has a name when it is an adult.

I got a wolf from an egg! Can I breed my wolf with a cheetah?
Nope. Cheetahs and wolves don't mix.

Okay then... can I breed my wolf with another wolf that pops up in the eggs?
No, sorry. ;D Wolves are cool and quite rare, but they are non-breedable. They're a "glitch", in a sense.

Why do you use Photobucket? Wouldn't the adoptables appear better and more consistently somewhere else?
They might, yes, but I use Photobucket because of the inconsistency in appearances. When I upload growths I will upload many at once--sometimes thirty at a time. And where would the fun be if everyone's cheetahs grew at once? Photobucket staggers the growths so I don't have to. I prefer Tinypic now, however.

I want to breed with a COPPA member's cheetah! What do I do?
It's solved on a case-by-case basis. Check the list.

How do I get a free/custom cheetah? And the drakes...? And the WOLF! :D
1. Wait for adopts to open.
2. Custom cheetahs are made either in the raffle or auction. The raffle is free, but you don't have much control over what the cheetah will look like other than the theme you gave in your entry. The auction is paid, but the cheetah will match the character you'd like to have the custom of as exactly as the dinky pixels allow.
3. Drakes can either be won in certain contests, or, very rarely, an egg will go up for adoption. Competition will be high.
4. Wolves are glitches in the system. They can only be adopted in the free adopts.

I hear a lot about guessing games. What are they?
Every now and again, the mods and I will start up a game. We'll create a cheetah based on something, and it's your duty to guess what it's based on using the specified form in the Contests post, with two guesses per user. You're allowed to ask questions (ie, is it a song? Era?), but you're not allowed to create long-winded lists of fifty songs. The winner gets a raffle-style, non-growing cheetah in the inspiration of their choice.

Blacklist.
Here you'll find a list of people who have broken CE's rules. Once on the blacklist, there is no way to get off, and you will no longer be able to order from CE. Your cheetahs will be confiscated and will be claimed under my name. If they are bred, you will not receive eggs. -Previously confiscated eggs will be kept in Tris's care. Newly confiscated will be in mine.
No one yet! Let's keep it that way!
Last edited by jensen ackles on Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Adoptions

Adoptions

Here you can adopt your own Cheetah egg. All litters are FCFS, unless said otherwise. You do not have to have the gender and name filled out, but put a WIP in that category if you want to choose after your cheetah grows up. Remember to put your username and codeword in the form, because once you post your form you are not allowed to edit it. The first person with their form filled out completely and no edits gets the egg. Litters are released whenever I am able to get them up. Good luck!

Your egg will most likely grow when the next litter is released.

[size=85][b]Username;;[/b]
[b]Litter Number;;[/b]
[b]Egg Number;;[/b]
[b]Egg Name;;[/b]
[b]Egg Gender;;[/b]
[b]Codeword;;[/b][/size]

Litter One

codeword;; craughrey

1. Image
2. Image
3. Image
4. Image
5. Image
Last edited by jensen ackles on Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Pound

reserve/wipwipwip
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Nursery

reserve/wipwipwipwipwipwipwiwpiwpiwpwipwipwip
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Store

Postby jensen ackles » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:46 am

reserved

mineminemine
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Species Archive

wip

reserve

mine
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Events

mine

reserved
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Auctions

Postby jensen ackles » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:47 am

teehee reserved
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Contact Staff

Postby jensen ackles » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:47 am

wipwip reserve
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Other

Postby jensen ackles » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:48 am

open for posting, gettin everything set up. Will likely have artist apps soon.
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me