Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Redline for me? ;u; <333 by OceanBlast

Artist OceanBlast [gallery]
Time spent 24 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Redline for me? ;u; <333

Postby OceanBlast » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:14 am

Please help me guys, I suck at anatomy ;u;

Also, before you redline, please keep in mind that I'm going to use this style to animate with, so don't make anything really complicated, I want it to be sorta cartoon-ish and simple to draw - showing how to sketch the lines would really help!

Things you should note:

-The wolves I'm going to animate are bigger than an average wolf
-Their ears are longer (but not as long as the ears I've drawn)
-Their tails are longer

The things I reeeaaaally need help with are:

Paws

OH MY GOD I HATE DRAWING THEIR DAMN PAWS

I just need to find a way of being able to easily draw their paws without them looking all completely different styles to eachother or being too big compared to the body and stuff. I need to know an easy way of sketching them and they need to be a bit smaller than what they look like right now.

Ears

I mean the ears look okay, but they're too pointy and they don't really look very good...I just can't seem to find out how to make them not look stupid ;-;

Front view

I seriously can't get their faces to look 'long' when I draw them from the front; they always look like chibi wolves and it really irritates me. I don't know how to make their faces look realistic from the front ;_; Also I don't know how to draw their legs and neck from the front too.

If you redline, even just one of those things, I would be EXTREMELY thankful. It is my dream to animate on youtube and redlining this could help me so much! I'm still a kid right now, but I want to start animating as soon as possible, so if you know of any good animating softwares or tutorials please tell me about them! c: Even just the smallest thing could make me realise how to draw it properly, so please try because you could REALLY help me :3
hey everyone, I'm rose! but u can call me ocean. I a pretty basic person but my interests include art, photography, sleeping, and tea (u can probs guess where I come from lol). if u need any help w/ anything just send over a pm! I'd be glad to help <3
OceanBlast

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Redline for me? ;u; <333

Postby Tuxedo Penguin » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:31 am

I'm sorry but the only thing i'll do is make it worse ;u;
Tuxedo Penguin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby medicalpaws » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:58 pm

I could help, but it would look dumb because in not even half as good as you are at drawing. Animation is actually quite fun! I don't know if you have had or will have flipnote studio but if you do I'll probably stalk you. You quite skilled of an artist, so redlining isn't at all necessary, but I think it's a good idea to try to better your already amazing art. c:

If I decide to redline it'll be on Monday when I have a tablet and a computer.
commissions MST/MDT
* working on social anxiety,
please be patient and kind

Proud memeber since 2012
Send me a trade
Hmu in the comments
Gimme a phat like

Have a good day

<-- not my art -->
credit to Eddy Atoms
medicalpaws

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OceanBlast » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:28 pm

XxSaddleKittyxX wrote:I'm sorry but the only thing i'll do is make it worse ;u;

No please try ;n; even the tiniest thing could really help me ;u;

TheMiniApocalypse wrote:I could help, but it would look dumb because in not even half as good as you are at drawing. Animation is actually quite fun! I don't know if you have had or will have flipnote studio but if you do I'll probably stalk you. You quite skilled of an artist, so redlining isn't at all necessary, but I think it's a good idea to try to better your already amazing art. c:

Whaaaa-? Your anatomy is really good, whereas mine sucks xD flipnote studio sounds rad, I might get it. And I'm seriously not a skilled artist, I'm like an amateur xD especially at drawing legs and paws omg ;u; I'd love if you could redline it, but of course you don't have to c:
hey everyone, I'm rose! but u can call me ocean. I a pretty basic person but my interests include art, photography, sleeping, and tea (u can probs guess where I come from lol). if u need any help w/ anything just send over a pm! I'd be glad to help <3
OceanBlast

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby To The Roses » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:43 am

whoa um
    i lavender-lined it for you
To The Roses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Purplehills » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:55 am

well i'm trying to redline it, but the front view looks a little off (i'm not that great at it)
Purplehills

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby To The Roses » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:00 am

whiteheartofsnowclan wrote:well i'm trying to redline it, but the front view looks a little off (i'm not that great at it)

oh gosh, front views are the hardest part!! hehe.
To The Roses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chaoses » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:44 am

did a little lining of it
hope it helps ^^
Chaoses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby Purplehills » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:11 am

To The Roses wrote:
whiteheartofsnowclan wrote:well i'm trying to redline it, but the front view looks a little off (i'm not that great at it)

oh gosh, front views are the hardest part!! hehe.

That's true, there much easier when doing it on paper though. But even with actual paper and a pencil they can be kinda tricky, I'm not the best when it come to front views for dog/wolves anyways
Purplehills

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby medicalpaws » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:22 am

OceanBlast wrote:
XxSaddleKittyxX wrote:-snip-

-snip-

TheMiniApocalypse wrote:I could help, but it would look dumb because in not even half as good as you are at drawing. Animation is actually quite fun! I don't know if you have had or will have flipnote studio but if you do I'll probably stalk you. You quite skilled of an artist, so redlining isn't at all necessary, but I think it's a good idea to try to better your already amazing art. c:

Whaaaa-? Your anatomy is really good, whereas mine sucks xD flipnote studio sounds rad, I might get it. And I'm seriously not a skilled artist, I'm like an amateur xD especially at drawing legs and paws omg ;u; I'd love if you could redline it, but of course you don't have to c:

Flipnote studio is on 3ds now, used to be on DSI but Nintendo loves us to much to keep us 2D
    Well, I would love to draw like you, but if you really need redlines then most I'll do os make the paws less cartoony and more... Cartoony... I don't know, XD
    I'll try though c:
    Edit;; I'll try to do front face view, but I'm not very good at it xP
commissions MST/MDT
* working on social anxiety,
please be patient and kind

Proud memeber since 2012
Send me a trade
Hmu in the comments
Gimme a phat like

Have a good day

<-- not my art -->
credit to Eddy Atoms