Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Greater Spotted Noot-Noots {DA revival?} by Dr. Paine

Artist Dr. Paine [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 47 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
22 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Greater Spotted Noot-Noots {DA revival?}

Postby Dr. Paine » Wed May 21, 2014 1:48 pm

No longer active on CS.

However, I am considering a DA revival of some kind!

The Greater Spotted Noot-Noot
Nearly extinct in the wild, the Greater Spotted Noot-Noot has made a resurgence in recent years as a housepet. They can and will eat nearly anything-- diet is a relatively minor concern for them, what they need most is companionship. Noot-Noots are incredibly social and affectionate, loving nothing more than to be cuddled and carried (so long as they're small enough!) along to see the world. Noot-Noots are incredibly intelligent as well, some even able to learn to write or spell out words with letter blocks or tiles... however, they lack vocal cords, and can only make one sound-- noot noot!

There are hundreds of Noot-Noots looking for a friend, so why not take one home today?

{Add important links here as needed}

Rules!

Note: These may be changed at any point in time as needed.

1. Please, respect all artists, mods and members! If you have any problems, please contact me or another mod so we can work it out ^^

2. Do not, under any circumstances, guilt-trip contest winners or artists. I do apologize if this rule comes off as harsh, but I've seen it happen in every other species I've been involved in, and it's good for no one. Everyone goes into a competition knowing they may not win; so please, don't do it. This kind of behavior will make the Noots cry.

3. Do not ask for customs if customs are closed. Likewise, do not ask to be an artist/mod/anything else if that is closed.

4. Only Noots with an 'Adopt Me' sign on the page can be adopted. Please, do not spam contests being judged or that have ended!

5. At the moment, there are no limits to how many Noots and Nootlings you can own-- the more the merrier! However, if you do win two within a week, you may not try out for another Noot until 7 days have passed. Normal users are limited to two customs.

6. For artists: Please always ensure contests have a solid end date and get judged within 72 hours of that date. (If something gets in the way of judging, please make sure there is some notice on the contest thread! Artists are also welcome to call in others to judge in their stead, if necessary, just run them by me first.)

7. Do not steal anyone else's Noot! Art theft will result in an immediate strike and 1 month ban on adopting.

8. Noot-Noots will only ever be put up for readoption at the owner's request, or if the owner is banned from Noot-Noots. No amount of 'inactivity' will result in Noot-Noots being taken away from their owners.

9. Noot-Noots may not be traded or sold. Please, PM Commander Shepard or the original artist of your Noot if you wish to give it away or put it up for readoption.

10. Noots may have same names. It is preferred you try to keep names as unique as possible, but same names are allowed so long as each Noot has, say, a 'last name' or something of the sort. (For example, there can be, say, a Lenore, a Lenore Poe, and a Lenore Hale, continue on until there are no more last names xD)

11. Artists may create/request up to 3 custom Noots for themselves (however, artists looking to request a custom from another artist must make sure to find an open shop, just like everyone else!)

12. Each artist will have the option of opening a custom shop, where they can take requests for custom Noots under their own rules (i.e. they can be paid, free, whatever-- just keep it within CS rules). Do not bug an artist who has not set up a shop for customs, nor should you put in a request if a shop is closed.

NEW 13: Owners may add items to their Noots, so long as it is within reason. Things that are not allowed: hair/fur/feathers, spikes or spines, glow effects (though items such as glowsticks and glow bracelets are okay), anything to break or otherwise change the shell (you may have items that sort of... drape over it, like strings/beads/cloth though).
---------------

Staff:

Artists:
(Artists create and adopt out new Noots!)
Commander Shepard
Poison Wolf
Graham (pop-in artist)

Thread Mods:
(They keep spam and drama to a minimum and answer any questions people might have about the species/adopts/etc)
Commander Shepard

Archivist(s):
(Make sure every Noot is accounted for!)
-None yet, have to get back to potential applicant!-

Applications:

Artist:
Competition up now!

Hatchery Artist:
(Will be covered in competition)

Thread Mod:
Currently closed.

Code: Select all
[center][size=85]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Do you have a good grasp on the species info?[/b]
[b]Do you have experience modding threads?[/b]
[b]Other info:[/b][/size][/center]

Affiliates:

None as of yet!
Last edited by Dr. Paine on Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:13 am, edited 11 times in total.
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

In-depth info

Postby Dr. Paine » Wed May 21, 2014 1:52 pm

Species characteristics:
Despite the name, not all Greater Spotted Noot-Noots are spotted-- however, they all say 'noot-noot'; and indeed, that is the only sound they are capable of making! They come in a positively astonishing variety of patterns and colors, no two will ever look alike! Some Noots even exhibit bioluminescence, or strangely glitter-like speckles all over their bodies; but these are quite rare occurrences; though not as rare are Noots with different-shaped shells, or no shell at all (and it is incredibly rare to find one that exhibits both-- only about one in every 50 Noots will show this, unless it's specifically bred for, and even that only slightly raises the chance). What is common, however, is finding a Noot with a trinket or ten! Noots love to collect whatever they can, often storing smaller items in their shells, and items can be... pretty much whatever they can carry, each Noot has its own preference.

Noot-Noots have a wide range in size, too-- the smallest can sit comfortably on a person's shoulders, while the largest Noot ever recorded was about the size of a Jersey Cow!

Noot-Noots are capable of digesting just about any food, from bits of lettuce to last night's taco leftovers, but even the largest Noots must have their food doled out in small portions-- Noots have surprisingly small stomachs, and it's very easy for them to wind up with a bellyache! Otherwise, Noots seem to show a great resistance towards becoming ill, and most heal from any injuries quite fast. Even if they lose an antenna or fin, it'll grow back within a week.

Noots also seem to possess a small amount of... well, magic! How else can one explain the fact that flowers are often found blooming in their trails, even on solid concrete? Some can also create little colorful sparks, but that's about it-- at least, as far as we know.

Though they may seem like overgrown, overly colorful snails at first, Noot-Noots are in fact very intelligent beings. They can recognize a huge number of words, some even being able to learn to write or spell out things with letter tiles/blocks! They love to amuse themselves by trying to escape any enclosure or figuring out the best way to raid the refrigerator, so it's highly recommended Noots have plenty of toys... and if possible, other creatures to interact with, or a shoulder to ride on so they can explore without causing too much trouble.

Like real snails, nearly all mature Noot-Noots are capable with breeding with one another; the only exceptions exist in Noots that are sterile, sexless, or otherwise just not plain interested in breeding. Both parents will lay eggs, each breeding usually resulting in about 4-10 eggs. There have even been cases of a Noot spontaneously laying eggs without a partner at all, though these clutches are significantly smaller-- 1-3 at the most. Noots must be mated for at least one week prior to being bred. (A Noot's gender identity/pronouns, though, is entirely dependent on how the individual Noot sees itself!)

Baby Noots are called Nootlings.

(More may be added as needed ^^)
Last edited by Dr. Paine on Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

News

Postby Dr. Paine » Wed May 21, 2014 1:52 pm

5/20/14: Noot-Noots go live!
Last edited by Dr. Paine on Wed May 21, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Greater Spotted Noot-Noots {Under Construction}

Postby Dr. Paine » Wed May 21, 2014 1:53 pm

Noooooot noot

(Final reserve -- you may post now!)
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Greater Spotted Noot-Noots {Under Construction, Posts op

Postby Meweep » Wed May 21, 2014 2:06 pm

So adorable! ;3;
enfpbiology majorshe/herreturned from quitting

Meweep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cyrinus » Wed May 21, 2014 2:06 pm

My god, I have been waiting for this since I saw it on Tumblr. I am here. I am nesting.
Currently Seeking:
Cobweb Bunny
Cyrinus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BuddyMaltese » Wed May 21, 2014 2:23 pm

Gosh look at these lil cuties ;w;
x
x

| Graphic Design Student | Adult | Vegan |
| Certified oatmeal connoisseur |
Listening to: [x]
---
Hello! I've been taking a break from CS.
If you'd like to contact me, though, feel
free to PM me as I check in
every few days.

BuddyMaltese

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaan » Wed May 21, 2014 2:40 pm

nooooooooot noooooooooooot

Markie markkkkkkkkkk
exo - tempo
Kaan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Transkitty » Wed May 21, 2014 3:08 pm

Oh goodness, these are adorable! I've been waiting for them since I heard about them on Tumblr. Can I make a fanclub?
Transkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dr. Paine » Wed May 21, 2014 3:09 pm

Elsa wrote:Oh goodness, these are adorable! I've been waiting for them since I heard about them on Tumblr. Can I make a fanclub?

Go ahead! ^^ Just make sure to toss me a link when you've made it :)
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me