Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Kitsuneko Chimera Adopts (Adopts Open) by wyrdwurm

Based on Click to view
Artist wyrdwurm [gallery]
Time spent 10 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
27 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kitsuneko Chimera Adopts (Adopts Open)

Postby wyrdwurm » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:34 pm

Image / Image / Image / Image

The simple definition is that a Kitsuneko Chimera is a mixture of the Japanese Kitsune and the Japanese Bakeneko/Nekomata combined in a way to cause specific properties to their powers and physical forms. These properties include the basic fires of flame, orb, and ring, and the physical property of two feline tails, feline feet, body and face of a fox and the ocational humanistic hair and/or glowing fur pattern. Their intelligence is on par with humans and they come in any variety of colors, subspecies, and patterns.

Hiring Artists. Please fill this out if interested
Code: Select all
[center]
[b][color=#800040]I Want to be a Guest Artist[/color][/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Art Examples:[/b]
[b]Can you uses Oekaki:[/b] (ether way is perfectly fine)
[b]Will you be able to make a design around once a month if you become an official artist?[/b]
[b]Extra:[/b] Whatever else you think I should know
[/center]

After the first 1-2 adopts it will be decided if you can go on to official adopt

1. This species belongs SOULY to lunamoth19 / Luna Kitsuenko. Do NOT claim this as your own.
    2. This species and idea belongs to lunamoth19. Do NOT claim as your own.
    3. Do not make these your fursonas or create your own without permission.
    4. Follow the thread and individual adoption rules.
    5. You may only own up to 5 kitsunekos at this time.
    6. Designs may not be altered without permission but accessories can be added.
    7. Message lunamoth19 or the designer if a kitsu is no longer wanted so it can be put up for readoption.
    8. Do not spam the thread
    9. All of Tess's Rules.
Last edited by wyrdwurm on Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:52 am, edited 18 times in total.
wyrdwurm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kitsuneko Chimera Adopts (NO POSTING)

Postby wyrdwurm » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:39 pm

lunamoth19(Oekaki Accessible)

lunamoth19(Oekaki Accessible)

Sadbloom (Oekaki Available)

n a t u r a l (Oekaki Unknown)

Twisted_Swallow (Oekaki Unaccesible)

Serbronn (Oekaki Unaccesible)

Mint Chip (Oekaki Available)

Larkspur (Oekaki Available)

Ki-neko animura (Oekaki Available)

1. Line edits and accessories can be used and are highly encouraged!
2. No kitsuneko chimera may have 2 foxfire mutations
3. No Kitsuneko may have 2 major physical mutations
4. No Kitsuneko may have the restricted mutations
5. All kitsunekos should have a subspecies of one cat species and one fox species
6. Artists pick their method of adoption and are responsible for judging.
7. Full staff artists can have 1 custom.
8. Please make a minimum of 1 design per month (note you may work ahead of time)
9. To post adopt please edit main image to the adopt number and adopt style. If you are unable to please ask a staff member with Oekaki accessibility.
10. All adopts require this info: Subspecies, What mutations it has if any, Glowing markings if it has any, Style of Adopt, End Date.
11. If unsure how to figure out the Sub Species please see the Archive
12. Rules are subject to change when needed

Luna-Puppy (Oekaki Unknown)

Whisky (Oekaki Accessible)

Parousia; (Oekaki Available)

1. Keep the thread clean of spam and disputes.
2. Judge a contest when an artist is unable to and has informed you.
3. Act as a tie breaker and/or consultant for judging when asked.
4. Mods may get 1 custom after contributing for 1 month.
5. Editing the Oekaki image when artists are unable to
6. Helping to run Activities
Last edited by wyrdwurm on Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:55 am, edited 22 times in total.
wyrdwurm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wyrdwurm » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:47 pm

Scientific Name: Vulpinfelinis Chimeris
Classification: Animilia :: Chordata :: Mammalia :: Carnivora :: Chimrica :: Felicanida :: Vulpinfelinis :: Vulpinfelinis Chimeris
Subspecies: Vulpinfelinis Chimeris (fox species + cat species )
Biomes Found In: All

Quadruped/Bipedial
Long Whiskers
Vertical Slitted Eyes or Round pupil
Feline: Tails, Feet, Claws (Retractable in most cases)
Vulpine: Head/Neck, Torso, Legs
Pelt Color: Any color or pattern
Fur/Hair: That of a fox or cat; may also grow human hair on the head.
Lifespan: As long as a human

2'6 at the shoulders
1'6 at the shoulders
Around 2 feet. So 1'11ft - 2'4ft
Anthro sizes range among human sizes

The Kitsuneko Chimeras, or Kitsuneko, are a mythical cross of the Japanese Kitsuneko and Bakeneko. They have the intelligence of a Human and experience emotion just like them. Unlike Humans and most animals, however, this species' blood flows thick with magic, giving it unusual characteristics. Like the Kitsune, they have multiple tails, but due to their Bakeneko blood, they are only born with two tails - very rarely one.
Pelt colors are unique to each individual Kitsuneko. The pelt can range in any color and pattern, and some even have markings that glow. Some may look natural, but others will appear out of this world! Along with stranger pelt colors, some have been seen boasting Human-like hair on their heads.

With so much magic in their blood, some are able to harness it. The most common manifestation is in the form of foxfire, a magical fire that appears in a wide variety of colors. Normally, the fire does not burn. It is slightly cool to the touch and feels like the warm kiss of a butterfly. Foxfire can appear as a floating flame, orbs, or transparent halos around the body. This varies depending on the Kitsuneko's preference.

Another common display of magic is glowing markings on the body. Any part of the Kitsuneko may glow - from its eyes, paw pads, or even nose! The strength of the glow intensifies with the mood and emotions of the Kitsuneko. It isn't uncommon for some Kitsuneko to have no glow.

The third common use of magic is in the form of disguise. All Kitsunekos can appear as a normal fox. A Kitsuneko may pick parts of its appearance to hide for a partial disguise, such as hair and strange colors or patterns. Their tails are able to fuse into a single tail. A full disguise will cause the Kitsuneko to appear as its most basic form: a one-tailed fox. Though, the colors and eyes may remain slightly unnatural.

Kitsunekos are born with their own species magic, as listed above, which they are able to conjure naturally as they are born with it. However, a Kitsuneko may also learn non-species magic, just as a Human who trains to be a wizard does. Non-species magic requires the Kitsuneko to use a little more energy than species magic. The greater the spell, the more energy it requires. If too much energy is used, it may cause physical harm to the Kitsuneko - the extreme case being death. Because of this, Kitsunekos rarely learn non-species magic.

Kitsuneko Chimeras are sentient creatures. They think and feel the same way as a human. Due to this they often live in a similar fashion or revert to a feral lifestyle of a fox or cat
The species origin may be Japanese lore but there is no set geographical region where the Kitusneko Chimera rezides. Like humans Kitsunekos occupy every part of the globe minus the sky and the deep seas. Any land mass though you may find a Kitsuneko on though the more food there is the more likely you are to run into one of these fellows. So say you are in the arctic you may run into a Kitsuneko Chimera but due to the small amount of food your more likely to find Kitsuneko living in larger groups or nearer one another if you start moving into warmer hemispheres with a more abundant food source.

There are two ways a Kitsuneko may breed. The traditional mammal way or the mystic way. The traditional way works as you may guess it would and wont be spoken in detail. The mystic way works by the Kitsuneko(s) agreeing to produce a kit. If the spouse is also a Kitsuneko then both will create an orb from their foxfires that will burst into flames before drendeling out and producing a small kit from its ashes. If only one parent is a Kitsuneko then it may give part of its power temporarily to its mate allowing them to create their own foxfire. This doesn't last long and if done to often will cause the Kitsuneko to loose its foxfire permanently, hence why it is rarely used outside of mating. The two then do as two Kitsuneko would and produce a kit.

When breeding with non Kitsunekos two results may occur.
Foxfire breeding will result in a Kitsuneko Kit, no matter the species of the other parent
Traditional Mammal breeding will result in Hybrid kits. Non Kitsuneko genes diffuse the magic causing the kit to have no species magic. The kit will be mixture of features from both parents (will not be available in the adoption breedings)

This species is extremely new to the world, the first one appearing only a little over 19 years ago. More and more are being seen every day and it is unsure where most have come from. Some say that the magical energies of the Kitsune and the Bakeneko formed strange energy balls that produced the first kitsuneko kits. None have as of yet bred though they seem to instinctively know how it works.

Hide major markings
Hide human hair
Shift tails into one fox tail
Shift into an anthro form
Eat meat
Eat plants (but mainly meat)
Switch Pupil Shape
Create any form in foxfire (unless otherwise stated)
Fly (unless otherwise stated)
Blind with their glow (unless otherwise stated)
Last edited by wyrdwurm on Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:42 am, edited 6 times in total.
wyrdwurm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wyrdwurm » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:47 pm

These are Mutations which a Kitsuneko Chimera may be born with

These powers belong only to one Kitsuneko Chimera
Note that these will rarely be given out. Most likely the owners had some major roll in the species development

Figure Foxfire allows the wielder to form figures and shapes from foxfire
(Only Tsuki may have this power)

Flight Foxfire allows the wielder to form his foxfire into wings allowing him to fly
(Only Shaco may have this power)

Burst Foxfire allows the wielder to create a sudden burst of light like a firecracker causing temporary blindness
(Only Akemi may have this power)

These powers may belong to multiple Kitsuneko Chimeras

True Flame allows the wielder to form it's foxfire into real burning fire.

Warm Flame allows the wielder to produce warmth from it's fire like the feeling of a warm summers day. This fire cannot burn.

Cheetah's Fire allows the wielder to form it's foxfire around it's feet allowing it to run at speeds of a cheetah.

Seeking Flame allows the wielder to summon a floating flame or orb that floats in the direction of whatever they seek to find. It must be a set object that they wish to find that they know the name of.

Freezing Flame allows the wielder to produce a foxfire with the ability to freeze objects (when no longer in contact with flame object with thaw)

Dream Flame allows the wielder to see other's dreams though their flames and allows them to cause minor alterations. This includes adding small helpful or unhelpful things to a dream but does not go as far as to cause night terrors.

Slumber Flame allows the wielder to wreath another in flame or hypnotism another with their flames until subject falls asleep.

Elemental Breath allows the wielder to breath small amounts of a set element.

Feather Flame allows the wielder to fall as light and slow as a feather.

Animal Mimicry Flame allows the wielder to take on the attributes of other animals but to a lesser degree. A bird would allow it to hover but not fly, a fish would allow it to swim better but not as good as a fish, a spider would allow it to climb easier but not walk on ceilings, a venomous or poisioness animal would only cause nausea/slightly sickness. Only one attribute at a time may be mimicked from any one animal.

Teleportation Flame allows the weilder to teleport to any visible location within 15 feet (~5 meters)

Healing Flame allows the wielder to heal minor wounds with its fire.

Shadow Flame allows the wielder to cloak itself in shadows.

Animated Marking is a marking or tattoo on the Kitsuneko's body comes to life and can travel across the Kitsuneko's form. It can act as a familiar giving small tie bits of advice.

Scyring Flame:
Scrying Flame gives the user the ability to see somone's future or will them to see a particular future.

Warrior Flame is able to transform into any ancient weapon of choice. (Ie. not guns or tasers)

No Fire means the wielder is unable to summon any form of foxfire.

(Only 1 may be found in a Kitsuneko Chimera)

Aquatic mutation means the Kitsuenko has grown adaptions to aquatic life.

Chibi/Small Wings mutation means the Kitsuneko has small wings but is unable to fly.

Inanimate mutation is the very rare case where the life orb of a to be Kitsuneko Chimera is absorbed by a Kitsuneko Chimera shaped object causing its spirit to reside within that object.

Plant Life mutation means that some form of plant life grows naturally from the Kitsuneko.

Substance DNA means that the DNA of the Kitsuneko spliced with some other substance such as ice cream or water. Major effect of this is that they leave puddles of their substance behind as foot print puddles.

One Tail mutation is the worst mutation of all. This is where a Kitsuneko only ever grows one tail.

(May mix with a Major or be on its own)

Crystals mutation means that the Kitsuenko grows Crystals naturally from its body.

Feathers mutation means that the Kitsuneko has grown feathers.

Scales mutation means that the Kitsuneko has grown scales on its body (doesn't count with aquatic).

Horns mutation means that the Kitsuneko has grown horns.

Spikes mutation means that the Kitsuneko has grown spikes on its body.

Icicles mutation means that frozen ice is always formed on its body.

Flop Ears mutation means one or two ears are partially or fully flopped over on the Kitsuneko.

Fangs mutation means that the Kitsuneko has grown saber like fangs.
Last edited by wyrdwurm on Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
wyrdwurm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wyrdwurm » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:52 pm

How do I adopt?
Click one of the images above to find out

Can I become staff?
Only when the thread says we are looking for staff

How do I get into the Hall of Thanks
By contributing a huge amount.

Will adopts ever be for auction?
At the moment they are no plans for auctioning adopts, however it has been discussed to host occasional auctions to raise funds for thread art and other misc for the species.

I see babies in the archives and the word nursery but why is there no link to it?
The kit lines have been made but currently the species itself is lacking in core species artists. When the core species is back up and running good, then kits may present themselves as well as breeding.

Why did you change forums?
How the thread was previously set up to much depended on one person to run smoothly. In this way artists may run things without as many obstacles.

Why is the owner's fursona a kitsuneko when that breaks the rules??
The species itself is based on the owners Kitsuneko. The species was made public to help protect the originality of the species. The owners kitsuneko is an exception due to being the First kitsuneko and the base for the species.
Last edited by wyrdwurm on Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
wyrdwurm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wyrdwurm » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:57 pm

To Affiliate just pm lunamoth19

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2267010][img]http://i.imgur.com/A5upK7C.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2267010][img]http://i.imgur.com/2pWt9wD.gif[/img][/url]

To submit just pm lunamoth19
Sleeping Tag By lunamoth19
Chibi Color Ins By Sebeon
Realistic Kitsu By Mai-mai-mari
Oekaki Lines By Kitty~.
Female Anthro By Mai-mai-mari
Male Anthro By Mai-mai-mari
Christmas Box Cuddle By Mai-mai-mari
Oekaki Fire Watcher By Mai-mai-mari
Kit Kitsunekos By Mai-mai-mari
Oekaki Realistic Lines By Mai-mai-mari
Last edited by wyrdwurm on Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:03 am, edited 5 times in total.
wyrdwurm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wyrdwurm » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:18 pm

Created and Donated our current lines for adoptions.
Created the most adopts, as well as gift lines, as well as presentation image.
Last edited by wyrdwurm on Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
wyrdwurm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wyrdwurm » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:19 pm

Last edited by wyrdwurm on Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wyrdwurm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wyrdwurm » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:19 pm

Last edited by wyrdwurm on Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wyrdwurm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wyrdwurm » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:20 pm

Open for Posting
Last edited by wyrdwurm on Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wyrdwurm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me