Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

The DreamWeavers by ki-neko animura

Based on Click to view
Artist ki-neko animura [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 59 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
21 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

The DreamWeavers

Postby ki-neko animura » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:30 pm

DreamWeavers

What is a DreamWeaver?
A DreamWeaver is a mystical being that will dedicate it's life to fighting, trapping, and converting nightmares. A DreamWeaver has the ability to consume nightmares, their body converts these nightmares into a dream that is thought up by that Weaver. Dreamweavers wander the world unseen to our eyes, doing their duty until they find a single person who needs them the most.

Where They are From
Dreamweavers live in a plain parallel to our own. A plain that isn't as high tech as our own but just as beautiful and even more efficient. Their lands are ruled by the the oldest and wisest of Weavers who are lovingly called The Council.

Charges
A charge is a human who connects with a single Weaver and is able to see them. Once a weaver and human connect a dreamcatcher that matches The Weaver's will appear overhead of the charge's bed. If the charge is protected by two partial weavers a three piece dreamcatcher will appear. The arge middle one is a normal tan catcher while the other two math their Weavers and are located on both sides. If a Weaver is ever killed or converted that dreamcatcher is shattered. The charge is then left unprotected for the rest of their life. Once a catcher is shattered, it can never be replaced. Very rarely do humans ever get another Weaver if their last one dies.

What do they look like?
When a DreamWeaver is first born they do not have an exact shape. They are small everchanging "blobs" The only prominent feature of them is their eyes. During this form they will learn what it means to be a DreamWeaver. Some Dreamweavers have abnormalities, be it horns, wings, etc. These will appear on their "blob" forms, except smaller. After a couple of months to a year they are able to take the shape of any animal on Earth, most choose predator forms. This form is final they are unable to take another form again. This form is always a younger version of the species they chose since they still have growing and learning to do. Every DreamWeaver has "windows" on their tail or a front leg. Their eyes have two sets of Iris' sometimes the same color as each other and sometimes different colors. So technically a dreamweaver could have four different colors in it's eyes.

Pelt Colors
A DreamWeaver will ALWAYS have lighter soothing colored pelts. They can be any color as long as they are light. Though there are some more common than others. Blues, purples, and pinks are most common. Orange, brown, and grey are uncommon. White, yellow and green are the rarest. (more colors may come)

Eyes
Every DreamWeaver has two sets of irises. They can either be two different colors like the mascot Sanja or they can be the same color. These irises are used to see the nightmares that wreak havoc.

Two Types of DreamWeavers.
- Full Weaver - There are ones who have been blessed with the full ability to trap/consume a nightmare as well as the ability to convert it.

- Partial Weaver – These Dreamweavers are ones who can EITHER trap a nightmare OR convert it. They are unable to do both. If this happens these Weavers must find a partner who can do the other thing they can not.

Partial Weaver Info
A Partial Weaver that is able to consume nightmares but NOT convert them have the "windows" located on either front leg. ONLY one one leg. Their tail will be normal/no windows. A Weaver who is able to convert nightmares but not trap them have the "windows" located on their tail. But they have an extra one in the shape of a pawprint that forms to match that of their partner on their flanks. The partner who can trap the nightmare then releases the nightmare through their paw into their partner's flank window. Their partner then converts the nightmare and release it. These Weavers when they successfully finish their first mission will become connected. They are able to feel what each other feels, they will know where each other is, and they will share a single charge. Two partners can become mates if they wish. But it is highly frowned upon due to the high chance of death. A Weaver must be able to move on quickly after a comrades death.

Dream-catchers
Every Weaver no matter a full weaver or a partial ALWAYS has a dreamcatcher somewhere on them. This Dreamcatcher must be earned and is unique to every DreamWeaver whether they are partners or not. The Weaver or Weavers must successfully consume and convert a Nightmare in order to earn it. Once it is earned it is given to the Weaver by the council of elders.

Other Accessories
Other than their dream catcher, They can also be adorned with other nighttime/bedtime/soothing types of accessories. Normally Blankets, pillows, stuffed animals, feathers, etc.

Other
A DreamWeaver is able to give small hints into the future using the dreams that they give. But it takes a lot of energy and only the oldest most powerful Weavers are able to do it. It can only be used once within ten human years.

Ages
DreamWeavers are not immortal. Though in comparison to human lifespans I guess you could say they were. A Weaver ages one of their years for every 500 of ours. A Weaver takes their final form at the age of four in their years. They are able to breed at the age of 6 years. They reach their strength peak at the age of ten. Just because a Weaver is ten years of age does NOT mean they are powerful. Just like people they are all born differently and only the real special ones can share the future.

Breeding
DreamWeavers don't necessarily "breed". There is no intercourse or anything the like. Something mystical happens when two Weavers wish to have a child. The Weavers no matter the genders will travel to the Nursery . When there they will head into a chamber and step into the middle. The two Weavers will place their dreamcatchers ontop of each other then step back. A blue light bathes the catchers and from the webs inside of them a child will be "born". The child of the two will have mixed genes no matter the species of it's parents. It is given the right to choose what they wish to be. Parents can breed every 2 years in their time and can have between 1 and 3 offspring. here online your Weavers can breed every other month. (may change depending on how popular this is)

The NightTerrors
The only enemy of The DreamWeavers they are the ones who create the nightmares. There goal in life? To take over a charges' dreams. If a Terror is able to take hold of a single person that person will become unstable. Ever heard of Ted Bundy, the BTK killer, and other serial killers? Well that was the work of strong NightTerrors who had killed The Weaver that was sworn to protect them. If a Weaver is killed by a NightTerror the charge that is connected to that Weaver will lose their Dream-catcher. The catcher will slowly turn black. Any feathers begin to rot and turn to ash. When a Weaver takes their last breath the dream-catcher will become a black mist and slowly drift away. (will have a reference of a Terror once i get time)

Weaver to Terror
What you thought NightTerrors were their own species? No NightTerrors are past Weavers. Being a DreamWEaver is dangerous if a nightmare is inside of them for too long then it will slowly infect them. At first no one will know but soon after the infection begins The WEavers temperament will change. Many think it is just a bad mood but it isn't. If a partial Weaver is infected their partner can feel the change after a while. If they realize it is due to the poison they must inform The Council. If it is early enough the Weaver can be saved if taken to The Galaxy pool. If it is too late the Weaver will be confined then destroyed as soon as they take the form of The NightTerror.

The Galaxy Pool
The Galaxy Pool is one of the Dreamweavers most prized possessions. If a Weaver is infected they can be placed into this magical pool. The waters somehow pull out the small part of the NightTerror that has infected it's host and cleanses the Weaver. Once this infection is gone it takes the form of a small hare like creature. This minor NightTerror is as dangerous as any of it's larger counterparts. It is fast and unpredictable, the only way to destroy it is to capture The Light Lantern (needs a better name).

Light Lantern
This small lantern like device is sacred amongst the Weavers. Only one in existence it is unbreakable due to it's magical qualities and the fact that the past Council members protect it with their souls. This device is rather unique in it's looks. Four oval dreamcatchers make up the outer walls, just inside is a metal like cage with intricately weaved bars. The bottom is also a dreamcatcher simple yet strong. The top is an intricate metal holder that detaches for easy capture. Once the lid is on The Minor Nightterrror is unable to escape. How do The Council members protect it with their souls? Because when a Council member is on their dying breath they breath the last of themselves onto one of the five Dreamcatchers surrounding the lantern. There they will stay until another member takes it's place.

Table of Contents
Post 1: What is it
Post 2: Store/Customs
Post 3: Archive
Post 4: Affiliates/gift lines

All Species rights belong to me Ki-neko Animura. The Green Weaver shown belongs to me. Do not steal!
The lines are by the wonderful W O L F Y!!!!
Last edited by ki-neko animura on Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:11 am, edited 14 times in total.
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Artists, Guest Artists, ETC

Postby ki-neko animura » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:31 pm

Creator
The Creator, well that would be me. The Dreamweavers were originally created when I began sketching a cheetah out. Since I wanted something different I began adding things and creating a whole little universe for the first Weaver. Contrary to belief the first Weaver was not Sanja, but in fact Reve (haven't made him a ref on these lines yet) Since I liked them so much I figured I would try them for a species and they seemed to get some nice comments. Now I am sharing my loves with you.

Ki-neko Animura

Artists
Below are two artists who are the ONLY two who can create DreamWeavers other than myself. I may hire more if needed. But for now we are just a small little organization.
○~DISCOVER~○
KARKAT-VANTAS

Lineart Creator
I hired W O L F Y to create these amazing and LARGE lines and I am so thankful for it. She did an amazing job! Thank you W O L F Y.
W O L F Y
Last edited by ki-neko animura on Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Store/Customs

Postby ki-neko animura » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:31 pm

to come
Last edited by ki-neko animura on Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Archive

Postby ki-neko animura » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:32 pm

The Archive
Currently I will be the archivist... hopefully I will be able to keep up with it haha. But below is a list in Alphabetical order of who owns a Dreamweaver and which Weaver they own.
A
B
C
D
○~DISCOVER~○ - X
E
F
.Flyer. - X
G
H
I
J
K
Karkat-Vantas - X
Ki-neko animura - X - X
L
LexxiLea93 - X
M
Mc Shizzle - X
N
O
P
Q
R
Rabbitheart - X - X
S
smileygirl99 - X
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z

Open Weavers
Below are Weavers that still have contests going on!
Ends February 24th
Ends February 10th
Ends February 15th
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=1824980&size=large&format=auto&rev=1389575759
Ends Jan 28th
Last edited by ki-neko animura on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:57 am, edited 10 times in total.
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Affiliates and Gifts

Postby ki-neko animura » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:32 pm

Affiliates and Stamps
Below are several stamps for you to help get The DreamWeavers out there!
Below is are stamps done by Lexxilea93
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2021561][img]http://i43.tinypic.com/4lkn4p.jpg[/img][/url]

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2021561][img]http://i42.tinypic.com/apcxv6.jpg[/img][/url]

Below are some of our affiliates.

This species is gorgeous and I have high hopes for them to get around.

Below is also a wonderful species that will touch the hearts of all you kitsune and feather lovers out there
Last edited by ki-neko animura on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The DreamWeavers

Postby Briar Rose » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:26 am

Wow gorgeous! I'll definitely have to be on the look out.
Briar Rose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ki-neko animura » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:26 am

Thanks so much briar! It means a lot!!
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Moonheart~ » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:38 am

-marks for future reference <3
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life; MUSIC and CATS

Hello there <3 Please call me Moon or Heart. ♥
If you would like to know more about me, I enjoy writing, drawing, acting, and cats more than
anything else in the world. I also love cookie dough as well. x3 I have a character thread, as well
as a thread for my wme, and I would appreciate it so much if you would pop over
for a quick visit. The links to the threads are down below. Over and out <3
[X]~ story by yours truely ~
[X]~ character thread ~
[X]~ wild mountain equids of the coral sea ~
[X]~ my deviantart xp ~

ImageImageImageImage

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
~Moonheart~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ki-neko animura » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:47 am

Thank you!

Dreamweaver #3 is up!
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vulpine-Poltergeist » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:29 pm

... *creeps forwards* Never mind me, just stalking... c:
Image Image Image Image Image Image
We're a system, but most of us are just here for the pets!
Vulpine-Poltergeist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me