Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Goennec Halloween Contest! Design a costume for Sephnis! by June Bug

Artist June Bug [gallery]
Time spent 12 hours, 34 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
17 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Goennec Halloween Contest! Design a costume for Sephnis!

Postby June Bug » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:33 pm

Traffic at the goennec thread has been very slow since the recent re-opening, and I figured this would be a perfect opportunity to have some fun with the current regulars while also attempting to gain interest from those of you who may not be familiar with my species. :]
That means anyone can enter!

Goennecs have been around since early 2010, when I created Sephnis as a sort of goof, by 'breeding' my fursona with a friend's. I liked the result so much, I created the species and have been adopting out these fellows ever since. Sephnis is a bit different looking in terms of goennecs, I consider him a 'prototype' of sorts for the species, but I love him and could never bring myself to update his features to fit the species standards.
For more information on the species and to see how to adopt, please visit the main thread. Adoptions always have been and always will be free!

Now for the contest specifics!
For this contest, I didn't want to do anything that would be based on drawing skill as I realize not everyone on CS is a super-skilled artist, but I still wanted to do something that would test your creativity. So! I've provided two 'templates' for you to pick from. What I want is for you to design a Halloween costume for my dear Sephnis so he can trick-or treat in style!
If you're feeling adventurous and would like to make your own 'template', or would like to edit one of the existing ones, you're welcome to do so! I've even provided an accurate color palate for you if you need it.
Backgrounds and/or scenery is encouraged, but not necessary.
*If you draw him yourself, you can remove my signature.
There is no limit to the number of entries you submit! Make as many as you'd like. :]

As for his personality, he's a very happy and energetic little man~ He doesn't do angry or upset too well, though he's good at playing pretend and loves to do so. He loves colorful things, not necessarily things with lots of different colors, but more things that are bright and vibrant.

And now the good stuff: the ~prizes~
Because this contest is open to everyone and not everyone owns a goennec, those of you who place will have a choice as to what you win. Of course, if you do own a goennec, but you find the other option more appealing, you're more than welcome to pick that!

First place
Your entry will be featured on the front page of the adoption thread
and
Pick one:
-Free breeding and a custom drawing of up to 2 of your goennecs.
-A free breeding between any two of my goennecs (all are listed in the archive on the main thread) and your choice of pet from my rares trading group. (even if you do not own a goennec, you may choose this option)
-2 rares of your choice from my trade group.

Second place
Pick one:
-2 free chibi drawings of your goennec(s)
-1 rare of your choice from my trade group (to be chosen after the first-place winner has chosen their prize)

Third place
Pick one:
-1 free chibi drawing of your goennec
-2 uncommons of your choice from my trade group

All who submit and entry will be able to chose a common from my trade group (first-come-first-served)

All entries will be put in an archive so we can all admire them long after the contest has ended. :]
If you do not want your entry to be included for whatever reason, let me know and I'll take it down.

End date for the contest is set for October 31st at 5pm est!
I'm not flexible when it comes to contest deadlines, so be sure to do what you can before the ending time posted!

Also!
A few people posted on the main thread that they were not able to us the oekaki when I posted about my ideas for the contest and I would hate to exclude some of you from the contest. So~
If you're not able to use the oekaki, but would like to make an entry, you may do so using whatever program you'd like, just post it here to enter! Unfortunately, you won't be able to use my pre-made drawings. Instead, you'll have to draw him yourself to work on. Don't worry about going all-out though, remember, I'm not going to be judging based on your drawing skill!
For anyone who would like to draw Sephnis themselves, on or off the oekaki, here is his most current reference image, complete with color palate. (I fudged his markings a bit in my oekaki drawing of him, so you may not want to use them as your reference!)
Last edited by June Bug on Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Goennec Halloween Contest! Design a costume for Sephnis!

Postby PerfectWorld » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:45 pm

*bookmarks so hard* <33
Aba wants to see his mug drawn in your style -v- oh yissss~

Is there a limit to how many times we can enter?

And if I may- what's your boys personality? <:
It will help me pick a 'fitting' costume for him ;D
PerfectWorld

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby June Bug » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:58 pm

No limit to number of entries. :]

He's a very happy and energetic little man~ He doesn't do angry or upset too well, though he's good at playing pretend and loves to do so. He loves colorful things, not necessarily things with lots of different colors, but more things that are bright and vibrant.

I should probably add both of those to the post, shouldn't I? xD
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:00 pm

Ff, Kam you are amazing. Cx

Mine would have to be traditional, unless I can muster up a bunch of momey overnight. But since I'm also doing another insane little art challenge, I already have everything sorted out, just need to get to work. C:
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby June Bug » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:05 pm

Traditional's fine! :D
I felt so bad about you guys not being able to use the oekaki, especially since you've been with me and the goennecs so long, I couldn't just exclude you! I figured it wouldn't hurt to let your guys enter using other means. x]
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:28 pm

Entry one: complete. XD I'll scan it in sometime tomorrow, if I can. I used my watercolor colored pencils... and wow. I'm covered in not-ink, and I'm very happy with the blending.

But then I wrote the name of the costume. I've never written anything quite so... prettily. @-@ I'm more proud of that than I am of anything else on the silly paper. XD
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PerfectWorld » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:51 am

June Bug wrote:No limit to number of entries. :]

He's a very happy and energetic little man~ He doesn't do angry or upset too well, though he's good at playing pretend and loves to do so. He loves colorful things, not necessarily things with lots of different colors, but more things that are bright and vibrant.

I should probably add both of those to the post, shouldn't I? xD

that would be wise xD
PerfectWorld

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kitsyn » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:11 am

Will find some time to enter.
Kitsyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acciobadger » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:26 am

Sephnis bby<3

I hope I might be able to do a little something, we'll see. Hm... so many possibilities.
Hello~
I'm acciobadger, but you may call me Wolfie. Most people do.
If you play FlightRising, all of my pet groups are open to trade for FR currency.
c:

acciobadger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me