Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Iubatos Lupus - now open! by cmichb

Artist cmichb [gallery]
Time spent 10 hours, 29 minutes
Drawing sessions 25
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by cmichb

by cmichb

by cmichb

by cmichb

Iubatos Lupus - now open!

Postby cmichb » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:29 pm

ωєℓ¢σмє тσ ιυвαтσѕ ℓυρυѕ α∂σρтѕ!

Artist Competition | Newest #50th Iubatos Lupus | Breeding Center | links

ωнαт ιѕ αη ιυвαтσѕ ℓυρυѕ?

What is a Iubatos Lupus? wrote:An Iubatos Lupus is related to a Maned Wolf. In fact, the words iubatos and lupus directly translate into 'maned wolf' in Latin. They have unusually long legs and can almost outrun a cheetah. Iubatos Lupus' diets consist of mainly what wolves eat; larger animals such as elk and moose, fish, berries, rodents, birds, etc. Their fur is as soft as a rabbits', and, unfortunately, they used to be hunted for their fine pelt and are a rare and endangered species. Thankfully, they are now being bred by professionals and their population is growing in number. They range in size as an adult between a coyote and a Great Dane, and between a fennec fox and a red fox as a pup. It's surprisingly unusual for an Iubatos Lupus to be territorial, but they will be protective of their young, as most animals are. Other than that, they are friendly, crave attention, and love a good belly rub or scratch behind the ear - much like a puppy. It's very uncommon to tame wolves, but these ones are curious and have come out to play. Which one will you tame?

αвσυт ιυвαтσѕ ℓυρυѕ

• Sizes
Pup: fennec fox - red fox (also depending on gender; females are smaller than males)
Fully matured adult: coyote - great dane (also depending on gender; females are smaller than males)

• Iubatos Lupus are born blind and deaf - defenseless against predators. After a week, they fully gain their ability to see and hear.

• Features
Long legs,
Antlers,
a variety of 5 different flowers growing on their antlers,
Relatively long body,
Short/Medium/Long manes and tails,
Silky fur,
Feathers behind their ears and tied to their tails with a string,
Two ear piercings,
Long, narrow snout

яυℓєѕ

• Be respectful of everyone (artists/moderators/other users)

• Do not bribe/guilt trip/complain to the artist or winner if you did not win the Iubatos Lupus you wanted.

• Do not steal this species idea or anyone's Iubatos Lupus. Theft will not be tolerated and is taken very seriously.

• You must ask for permission from the owner if you would like to use someone's Iubatos Lupus in a roleplay/story in a form you are trying out for. You must also ask for permission from the artist/me if you no longer want your Iubatos Lupus and would like to gift it to someone or would like it to go back up for adoption.

• You may breed your Iubatos Lupus with someone else's or with your own, however you need to quote the other person's permission through PM/post to do so.

• You may adopt a maximum of six Iubatos Lupus unless you are given special permission from me and only me - please remember this.

• Do not spam this thread with irrelevant topics. Anything that doesn't have to do with Iubatos Lupus, I don't want it on here, thank you. Enough spam could cause this thread to get locked, and we don't want that to happen, right?

• Ask your questions to the person/people they belong to. Do not ask inexperienced users.

• I appreciate the fact that you are just trying to help, but don't mini-mod. This includes asking to be a moderator/artist. I can answer questions perfectly fine and I will get around to making a form for moderator applications, so mini-mods are unneeded. I will also every once in a while make artist competitions.

• Customs are only available to artists/moderators/me or other users given special permission. Please do not ask for a custom!

ѕтჃ

ѕтαмρѕ αη∂ вαηηєяѕ
Thank you to everyone who makes stamps/banners for advertising Iubatos Lupus! <3

Ⴣιℓιαтєѕ
PM me if you would like your species to be advertised here. :)

ησтєѕ αη∂ αηησυη¢ємєηтѕ ƒσя ѕтჃ
Artists can hold a maximum of two contests for adopting an Iubatos Lupus at a time. All staff can make or ask an artist to make a maximum of two customs unless given special permission from me. However, you can only have 6 Iubatos Lupus like everyone else.
Every 50 Iubatos Lupus created is a special one and it's lines can be edited to whatever the artist designing it wishes, as long as it's recognizable as an Iubatos Lupus. Artists, however, cannot keep this Iubatos Lupus as their own. It must be adopted out.
Artists must copy and paste the 'what is an Iubatos Lupus?' into the post for the Iubatos Lupus you made. Also, write the Iubatos Lupus number into the title of the one you made; e.g.: Iubatos Lupus #1. Don't get the numbers mixed up. ;)

If anyone has any questions regarding Iubatos Lupus, don't be shy to post on this topic! I or a mod will answer your question a.s.a.p!
Last edited by cmichb on Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:43 am, edited 37 times in total.
hi n' stuff.
cmichb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wip

Postby cmichb » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:00 pm

Timer is currently lying. x] Watching something while drawing. Working hard on the lines. >:) Will probably move this to adoptables oekaki. c:
hi n' stuff.
cmichb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cmichb » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:13 pm

Okay, finally finished the lines. ouo But still, ignore the timer. xD
hi n' stuff.
cmichb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cmichb » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:36 am

All right, finished with the lines and colour! :) Well, what do you guys think? I'm going to make this an adoptable. c: Does anyone have any name ideas?
hi n' stuff.
cmichb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: New Species - please move to Adoptables

Postby cmichb » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:25 am

Bump, name suggestions anybody? c: