Forum rules
Old art from the Official weekly challenge board will be moved here automatically when the weekly challenge timer runs out.

If you didn't finish your drawing in time for the current challenge, feel free to post it in the weekly challenge board anyway, as it will eventually make its way here with the other retired challenge art :)

OWC #5 - Favourite Animal by RainbowFinch

Artist RainbowFinch [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 37 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
28 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

OWC #5 - Favourite Animal

Postby RainbowFinch » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:38 am

I did four of my favourite animals, all social predators it seems.

The African Cheetah: The most social cat, next to the Lion. Brothers will stay together for their entire lives, even non-related males have been seen forming bands. Only females will live alone.

The Grey Wolf: Live in the wild in family groups. They are very misunderstood, since most of the common knowledge of them are based on captive wolves, forced into unnatural packs.

The Orca: One of the most social, emotional and intelligent animals around. They are also one of the few animals (rest would be other marine mammals) whose lives are shortened considerably in captivity. They die much younger then they should in tanks, one of the many reasons I do not support any captivity of them. They do not do well in captivity, emotionally, mentally or physically.

The Domestic Dog: The top of my favourite list, I could not live without the dog. They can go through so many things and still love humans. They help us in so many ways and never ask for anything in return, well maybe love. You can learn a lot from the loyalty and the love of a dog. They are also misunderstood, so many owners who cant understand the language of the dog. I love dogs so much, never will I be without a dog. As much as part of my family as my own blood relations.
RainbowFinch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: OWC #5 - Favourite Animal

Postby honee bee » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:51 am

This is very beautiful. You are quite the artist. My favorite is the expression of the cheetah and the dog. <3 So freaking adorable.
ImageImage
call me bee.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

she/they | mostly inactive on here

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
deviantart | toyhou.se
honee bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RainbowFinch » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:07 am

The Writer wrote:
    This is very beautiful. You are quite the artist. My favorite is the expression of the cheetah and the dog. <3 So freaking adorable.

Thank you so much, I love how the cheetah came out quite a bit!!
RainbowFinch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KittyCatKita » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:18 am

Love it ^^ the orca is especially amazing! I find marine animals very hard to draw, so I think it came out awesome!

♥ John Marston ♥

Kita wrote:My deviantart
Golgem Cavern Adoptables

Herd GIF made by Rax.
Click the link below to go to my WME herd
KittyCatKita

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RainbowFinch » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:36 am

KittyCatKita wrote:Love it ^^ the orca is especially amazing! I find marine animals very hard to draw, so I think it came out awesome!

Thank you! Ya that boy took a few attempts, redrew him the most, glad with the way he came out.
RainbowFinch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby firedance101 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:24 pm

All of them look awesome but the cheetah and the orca are my favorite <3 looks great
firedance101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RainbowFinch » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:44 am

firedance101 wrote:All of them look awesome but the cheetah and the orca are my favorite <3 looks great

Thanks fire!! I really need more practice with Oekaki but pretty proud of how it came out!
RainbowFinch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Holophonor » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:11 am

This picture is awesome! I was not aware that orcas don't do well in captivity. I love all of the animals you drew. I think it's sad that people don't know how badly these animals are treated by humans.
Holophonor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RainbowFinch » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:38 am

Hawkstar(Windclan) wrote:This picture is awesome! I was not aware that orcas don't do well in captivity. I love all of the animals you drew. I think it's sad that people don't know how badly these animals are treated by humans.

Thank you, and I agree. It is understandable why Orca's don't do well in captivity when you compare the size of their tanks to the size of the ocean, and know how intelligent and social they are. I could talk a lot about Orca's, they are amazing animals!! I could talk a lot about all these animals. I love learning new things about each of them. I hope to be lucky enough one day to see all them wild (Except domestic dog of course, I would happily see them all in good homes ^_^).
RainbowFinch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me