Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Sauron Adopts: Day 25 of the Christmas Advent! by -TheBigBlueBear-

Based on Click to view
Artist -TheBigBlueBear- [gallery]
Time spent 40 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
53 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Sauron Adopts: Day 25 of the Christmas Advent!

Postby -TheBigBlueBear- » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:21 pm

Sauron Adopts
Sauron Only Roleplay l [url]Multi-Species Roleplay[/url] l Fanclub l Nursery l Currently Up For Adoption l Archive

News
December 26th
-The last day of our Christmas Advent starts today! Make sure you check out the raffle!
Some of the Saurons are still open for competition as well! There may be a few more Saurons late to the Christmas party but make sure you check in! Saurons will start popping up for adoption here on the main page again! Non christmas themed it seems.

♥Talon wrote:What is a Sauron?
    Saurons stand as tall as a draft horse and run like the wind. Much of their speed and physical power resides in the front legs and their tails help keep them balanced. They have a mane that travels down it's back in patches and a thick mane that is thick enough on the head to form a style. They are all scales apart from the hair and tail, but they can have a mutation to have spikes long different parts of the body. Their markings can be any shape and color, but they tend have some bright color on a part of their body.

What are the Rules?

• Please do NOT harass me about my staff choices please.
    • You can own up to 7 Saurons as of Currently!
    • No drama, no bashing, and give everyone respect.
    • No bribing. No Stealing.
    • These are usually free, though there are events in which they are sold.
    • Customs will be for staff and special events only (however, these customs are extremely rare).
    • Staff Positions are APPOINTED when applications are open
    • You cannot sell Saurons. For anything. You may gift one, but if you no longer want it let me know and it will be put up for Adoption
    • On your Sauron you can ADD accessories. You CANNOT edit/change markings or lines on a Sauron you own. You cannot EDIT already added Accessories
    Saurons CANNOT be your Fursona

Who are the Staff?

Species Creator [Lines]
♥Talon

Owners
Image-------Image
-Cole Stargazer- -------------- ~Juliette Stargazer~
Artists
Knight of Thrones
Marshmelon
Northlane
Wyrd
Poison Wolf

Moderators
: | Grumpy Cat : |

Guest Artist
- Damiris
Lakarr

Archivist
Shaideer

Strikes
-N/A-
Last edited by -TheBigBlueBear- on Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:21 am, edited 54 times in total.
☆ ————————————————— ☆
☆ He/They ll Wife
- Liquidating + Quitting -
C$ + Lists for Custom OCs

☆ ————————————————— ☆
-TheBigBlueBear-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Extra Information about Saurons

Postby -TheBigBlueBear- » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:21 pm

♥Talon wrote:
More Basic Species Information

Average Size: 19 Hands
    Average Weight: 2,000 lbs

The main can be any color, any pattern, though often they are medium to short in length so it doesn't get in their eyes when they run - and they run fast. They almost always have hair along the spine, usually broken up with a tuft on the butt as well as having hair on the end of the tail. Sauron bodies are all scales apart from the mane and tail tip - they cannot have fur.

They usually have horns, any shape, form, and color, but they commonly have two horns that start on the top of their head. From that, as they get older, the horns grow and twist. It'd quite rare to find a Sauron with more than two sets of horns. However, they have have a mutation that they have "horns/spikes" on other parts of their body, such as shoulders, spine, elbows, ect.

Saurons are like dragons, they usually like shiny things and hoarding, though their addiction can be in any form - from insects to jewelry. They do not breath fire, but they are always born with the ability to lift and move small objects using telekinesis. "Elemental" powers are only in royalty, which are often rulers. This is so the rulers can protect others. They are not all-powerful, they have a limit to their powers.

The species is know for the powerful front legs and long strides, which is often spotted when they are running. They usually love to run, but of course there are some that prefer other things. They can run up to 70 MPH for a few hours.

Personalities and liking for things vary, but their colors usually reflect their inner self. They can be bubbly or serious. They are usually friendly, though there are a few recluses who want nothing to do with anyone.

They do not have a sense of "couple ideal". There are homosexual, heterosexual, bi, and all sorts of preferences (or lack there of). Only females and herms can have offspring, however. They have three genders (male, female, herm) and they also have gender-absence Saurons. This is usually uncommon to see, however, but owners can have as many gender-absence Saurons (just keep in mind they are uncommon). Gender-absence is usually resulted from a mutation from any type of couple.

Despite not having a sense of "couple ideal" Saurons mate for life regardless of what preference they have. Once they have courted each other over time and choose to mate they will always be mates. Non heterosexual couples may also have children but they will have less breedings as well as smaller litters usually pertaining to only one or two children over the course of their life considering that it's more rare to see that sort of breeding.

Sauron Rarities wrote:What Can you expect to see on a Sauron?
    Anything you can imagine can be found on a Sauron!
    This includes all colors you could imagine as well as tons of accessories- so dress to impress! Scarfs, bracelets, hair clips, anything you can imagine.
    If it's an accessory a Sauron is bound to love and wear it!
    Its harder to find ones with accessories drawn but you can always give your Sauron more accessories and they'll love to have them.

Different shaped horns are uncommon.
    They can have many different kind of horns though, such as but not limited to: ram horns, bull horns, curled back horns, devils horns, and rarest of all a Unicorn horn along sides with other horns.

Sauron's occasionally have longer or shorter hair than what is normal but can be found every once and awhile. They may also not have fur at the tip of their tails, though it is fairly rare to see a Sauron with no tail hair.

It's also uncommon to have a Sauron with earth tones and only natural colors; however it's not a rare occurrence to see Saurons in natural colors or designs of animals.

The Life of a Sauron wrote:So How Does a Sauron Age?
    Saurons are born from eggs and slowly grow into children.

Child Saurons stand at half the height of an adult Sauron, but they lack the tail tuft, the butt tuft, and any sign of horns. It's extremely rare to see child saurons have horns or any sign of horns on it's head but is not impossible.
    Some Saurons never grow to be an adult as far as stature and are left in what is considered CSS [Child Sauron Syndrom]
    They will remain at the small stature forever but will continue to mentally grow and their personalities will continue to develop as they age by years.

Saurons are considered Adults as soon as they are 5 years of age.
    In human years this is approximately the age of 20 years old.
    Saurons mature quickly mentally and continue to grow over their lives. Sauron's age much differently than humans and may outlive their human companions if they are raised from the egg stage by a human. Typically Saurons that live with a human their entire life will bond to that person and eventually die when their companion dies because they cannot stand the separation caused by death.

However for Saurons who have found mates they may live together in up to 100 Sauron Years which is equivalent to 400 Human years.
Last edited by -TheBigBlueBear- on Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
☆ ————————————————— ☆
☆ He/They ll Wife

☆ ————————————————— ☆
-TheBigBlueBear-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Currently Up For Adoption

Postby -TheBigBlueBear- » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:22 pm

Currently Up for Adoption [Click to go to their page]
    Image l Image
    #2 -------------------------------------------- #7

Image l
    #25 -------------------------------------------- #

---Special Lines #50 ---

Image l Image
    #59 -------------------------------------------- #71

-------------Staff Litter--------------
    The Name under each one is the staff who made it. Not who owns it.

Image l Image
    ~Juliette Stargazer~ ------------------------------------------- :l Grumpy Cat :l

-Cole Stargazer- -------------------------------------------

Last edited by -TheBigBlueBear- on Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:18 pm, edited 45 times in total.
☆ ————————————————— ☆
☆ He/They ll Wife

☆ ————————————————— ☆
-TheBigBlueBear-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Affiliates of Saurons

Postby -TheBigBlueBear- » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:23 pm

Stamps and Advertisements
    With help from the lovely Kida
    Code: Select all
    [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1951759][img]http://imageshack.us/a/img850/8048/saurono.png[/img][/url]

Code: Select all
    [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1951759][img]http://imageshack.us/a/img834/4639/saurona.gif[/img][/url]

Affiliates of Saurons/Other Awesome Adopts
Last edited by -TheBigBlueBear- on Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
☆ ————————————————— ☆
☆ He/They ll Wife

☆ ————————————————— ☆
-TheBigBlueBear-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Expectations for Staff

Postby -TheBigBlueBear- » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:25 pm

Guest Artists
    - You get to make 3 Saurons and 1 Custom after you have finished your other adoptable Saurons
    - You are expected to hold contests for Saurons and judge them in a reasonable amount of time
    [i.e. Don't let it run for a month (I do understand real lives though)]
    - You may be promoted to Full time Artist based on your Saurons
    - You may be Guest Artist more than once

Moderators
    -Keep spam to a minimum and direct people to the right places
    [i.e. the Sauron fan club rather than posting everything on the thread]

Full Time Artists
    - You can have more than one custom
    - You must judge contests in a reasonable amount of time
    - You are allowed to make Sauron's as gifts
    - It's totally okay if real life gets in the way, please inform me if possible so I can hire more GA's in time
    - Keep making saurons as you can make time

I am aware that everyone has a real life including school, family, emergencies, holidays, and such.
    Just PM me if you need extra time or if you need to take a break as I can then adjust as so

Last edited by -TheBigBlueBear- on Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
☆ ————————————————— ☆
☆ He/They ll Wife

☆ ————————————————— ☆
-TheBigBlueBear-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved

Postby -TheBigBlueBear- » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:26 pm

Reserved Post
☆ ————————————————— ☆
☆ He/They ll Wife

☆ ————————————————— ☆
-TheBigBlueBear-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sauron Adopts -Re Uploaded! [Please Do Not Post]

Postby Pokedeer » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:37 pm

wait what am I doing here
Pokedeer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sauron Adopts -Re Uploaded! [Please Do Not Post]

Postby Pokedeer » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:38 pm

derpderpderp I JUST GOT BACK OKAY RESERVED WILL DO STUFF WHEN YOU GET YOUR BUTT HERE
Pokedeer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sauron Adopts -Re Uploaded!

Postby -TheBigBlueBear- » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:57 pm

AND OPEN <3
☆ ————————————————— ☆
☆ He/They ll Wife

☆ ————————————————— ☆
-TheBigBlueBear-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sauron Adopts -Re Uploaded! [Open and Hiring]

Postby ferncat » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:04 pm

Do these still have the same artists as the last one?
ferncat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me