Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Follow Me to a Great Place by bluefire887

Artist bluefire887 [gallery]
Time spent 21 hours, 49 minutes
Drawing sessions 9
279 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Follow Me to a Great Place

Postby bluefire887 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:11 pm

holy crap guys... what is happening to me. this is not what I want ... for my art skills to fade away. I couldn't even manage this drawing and my last couple drawings are crap compared to the good old drawings I use to do.. I think I'm gonna have to practice more and you guys will have to put up with sloppy art till I toughen up and put myself back together.. disgraceful

like?/Comment?/ I know it needs critique so give it all you got

the timer is 500% to high real time is about 4 hours because I hated this

ref

you should follow me on instagram :alex_heit_art
bluefire887

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Follow Me to a Great Place

Postby Sakarilynx » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:38 pm

I definitely wouldn't call this crap. ;] The amount of detail you were able to squeeze into this picture is amazing! Don't you fret, your art skills aren't fading away.
Sakarilynx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby littoone77 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:32 am

So amazing, serene
94% of people think that wolves are vicious, evil animals. Copy and paste this into your signature if you're one of the 6% who love wolves and think they are shy and amazing creatures. I want to save all animals, please copy and paste "Save wild Animals" on your signature then pm me and you could win a free pet! ;)
littoone77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oofay » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:29 am

Crud! My computer battery just told me it's dying...gotta make this fast.

Dude, I know exactly how you feel, I'm going through the same thing right now. You really did do a good job, though. I mean, the ref you chose was really ambitious and detailed. What I like about this drawing is, the closer I look the more details I see, and that's a tough thing to accomplish, my friend. My favourite part is definitely the tree and rocks on the left. Yikes! 7% battery.
Sorry, I'm not taking art commissions or requests.

If you send me a PM and I don't answer it, please don't take it personally. I tend to read them with the intent of replying later...and then I forget. Bear with me, it's a horrible habit that I'm trying to break.
Oofay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bluefire887 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:17 am

Oofay wrote:Crud! My computer battery just told me it's dying...gotta make this fast.

Dude, I know exactly how you feel, I'm going through the same thing right now. You really did do a good job, though. I mean, the ref you chose was really ambitious and detailed. What I like about this drawing is, the closer I look the more details I see, and that's a tough thing to accomplish, my friend. My favourite part is definitely the tree and rocks on the left. Yikes! 7% battery.

what is happening to us? must be like artist skill migration already.. O.o hmm that usually happens when school starts.. guess its early. I can;t draw trees so I hate this with passion and the water is to bland in this.. I didn't use the space wisely but ill get better I guess

you should follow me on instagram :alex_heit_art
bluefire887

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spaceeboyyy » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:41 am

sdfskj what are you even talking about? No. Shaddup. I don't wanna hear it. Your art is amazing and always will be blue <3 Just don't even say dis junk. Its no trues :c.

Also this is like 1000 times better then anything I've ever drawn ;P
Spaceeboyyy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Penultima » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:48 am

Wow, it looks like a photo!

She/Her - Bi - Biologist - Artist - Nature-lover - Master's student - Progressive - Unitarian

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

^ stamps by Taxidea ^
Penultima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby halcyon. » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:39 pm

Oh wow. Disgraceful? Man, this is good-- great actually. I really wish I had the realistic/landscape drawing talent that you have.

The only thing that I can see to critique is the flow and energy of the drawing. I don't think the background, midground and foreground mesh as well together [especially on the upper right side], and it makes it look not as realistic as it has the potential too. The water also doesn't have the movement that it should, mostly I think its because it lacks some of the reflected colors that should be present. Besides those things, nice job! I really look forward to seeing more from you.
    if someone makes a good semi-literate [5+ lines with descriptive sentences], original [meaning you created the idea for plot and everything, i.e; not based off of a manga or anime], anime characters only roleplay, i will literally make you a piece of art of one of your human characters. i'm not even kidding. there are not enough good, semi literate anime roleplays and I really want to make forms and do character development so... yeah. pm me.
halcyon.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ishnawababa » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:33 pm

This is amazing! I love the detail and the leaves!
Ishnawababa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fiira Coralavus » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:47 am

its amazing :) dont call your art skills crap!! you havent even seen mine XD
~☯~
Brynn, they/them
not super active here, so it may take a while for me to answer and such, thank you for your patience!
✌️
Fiira Coralavus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me