Based on Click to view
Artist WitchSoul0123 [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 44 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
38 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Mutato #124

Postby WitchSoul0123 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:11 am

What is a Mutato?

In a rapidly changing world of rapidly accumulating toxic waste, Mutatoes take to the sky.
These creatures, affectionately dubbed Mutatoes, are a sad combination of an unknown creature, radioactive material, and a potato.
They live in the sky and consume UV radiation. They are the new era of Super Man.

At birth Mutatoes are about the size of a potato and can grow to around the size of a basketball.
Generally they are busy creatures who would prefer flying to being carried.
The Mutato is filled with the same kind of gases that its tail is made of.
These gases are currently unidentified, but are lighter than air- enabling them to fly.
They can stay in the air for a maximum of 20 hours straight before they need to land and "rest".
Though, when they can't be in the air, Mutatoes pace... a lot.

You may add one extra
Things you must include:
+Your Username
+Name of the Mutato
++Reason for choosing the name
+Story about this mutato and a butterfly:

August 1 shall be the time of ending...

This is my first Mutato as a guest artist. I'm fairly proud of how I did, esspecialy since this is only my seccond time doing linless art^^

Do Not post until Akami-san or Tsukiko-san reserve the seccond post^^

let's kill tonight, wrote:

username
    aristocrat.
    name of the mutato
    errantia aviator, or, for a nickname, avi
    reason for choosing the name
    errantia aviator is latin for 'wandering aviator'. an aviator is a person involved in flying an aircraft.
    as a creature who can fly, a butterfly could be considered an aviator in some minds, as it directs it's
    wings as if it were a pilot on a plane. butterflies constantly move around, wandering from
    place to place, which is why i thought the name of errantia aviator, or wandering aviator, would
    be a suitable name for this mutato c:

story about this mutate and a butterfly

when i was younger, i dreamed about butterflies.

no matter what color, what size, i dreamed about butterflies. what seemed like millions of them,
    swarming around me and coating me in a brilliant ball of happiness. they always seemed
    familiar to me in a way that i couldn't explain, but yet they changed in every dream, with their
    patterns and actual selves. all except one. he was my friend, but not my friend. we were
    constantly trying to outdo each other, in everything. there was nothing we wanted
    more than to be better than the other. in the midst of our competing, we sort of... bonded.
    we became friends.

but everyone grows up. i left behind my dreams and my friend for things i could do in reality.
    that was his world, not mine, and i didn't belong there anymore.

as a mutato i was in the air most of my life. i always loved flying, which is a common trait among us,
    of course. but still, there was this pull towards flying that had me captivated, entranced, even.
    my entire world revolved around what i could do up in the air but couldn't do on the
    ground. i've heard of the saying freedom isn't free, but when i was in the air, flying high,
    there was no price to my freedom.

eventually, my memories faded into new experiences and i forgot about my dreams. there was
    no point in remembering, so i didn't.

i lived out my life like any other mutato: flying, resting, pacing, and repeating the process.
    one day, i had just arrived somewhere. i don't actually quite remember where it was, but it
    would outside and there were all sorts of peaceful sounds coming in every direction, coming
    together in a blissful harmony. i had been flying for a long time and settled down to rest for a
    time. i was pacing back and forth, looking about myself to the wonders of the area, when
    something flew into my face.

i thought i was being attacked. attacked by what... me being my mindless self, i have no idea what
    i thought was attacking me. i pawed at it in defense, stumbling away and onto my back. something
    landed on my cute little nose and i tried to focus in on what it was. what a strain on my eyes,
    that was! the creature eventually fluttered off, making itself apparent. it was a butterfly. he seemed
    familiar, but i couldn't recall where or when i had seen him.

and then i thought about something i had said to myself. "they always seemed familiar to me in a way
    that i couldn't explain." it had taken me a very long while, but i remembered my dreams, my friend.
    i think he remembered me as well, because the next thing he did was fly up, up very high.

it was a challenge. the obvious had become apparent to me once again, and memories of our constant
    battling came to me.

a squeak was uttered, my squeak, and a raced up in the air after him. i bounced up and down for a
    moment, watching my long-time-long-time-ago friend, waiting for his next move. the butterfly
    danced in the air, making loops and invisible designs. a tiny smirk edged it's way across my face, and
    i began to swirl around and around. at one point in this, maybe just a few moments into my spinning,
    maybe several minutes, i couldn't tell, i shot up.

i went up as far as i could go, still spinning, when i began to slowly shift my way down. slowly turned
    into quickly, and quickly turned into speedily, and speedily turned into a rapid spiral. i was just
    inches from the surface of my world when i stopped. stopped. floating to the ground, i dipped my head
    in a bow.

the butterfly was staring at me. i stared at him in return. this went on for a moment before a slow
    smile spread across my face, as did on my old friend's face.

i did remember the challenges we both had, but at first i couldn't quite recall why i had constantly
    visited my butterfly friend in my dreams. and then... at that moment... i did.
    i remembered my happiness.

personality
    ━━━━━━━━━-━━ ┓ ┏ ━━━━━━━━━-━━
    ImageImage
    ━━━━━━━━━-━━ ┛ ┗ ━━━━━━━━━-━━

avi is quite the complicated little fellow. true to his name, this mutato is constantly wandering around from place to place. some may glance at him, and pass him by for just another cute mutato, but he isn't. avi longs to be different, unique in a way that others of his species aren't. if you tear that confident façade down, one shall only see a small mutato with a big dream. but of course, that doesn't mean he isn't confident. he often uses his confidence to mask some emotions he'd rather keep to himself. but at times he can get cocky and, though very rarely, vain. it's obvious that avi is competitive. whatever challenge, whatever test, he will do it. he loves to win, loves that savoring glory that seems to flake around him if he succeeds.
    but he's wasting his talents for petty challenges. avi is, though some things say against this,
    actually very intelligent. though perhaps cunning would hold a better use. he's good
    with words, able to twist them into something completely new. he can be crafty at times, being
    the little trickster he is.

i hope this was okay!
Last edited by WitchSoul0123 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
WitchSoul0123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mutato #124

Postby Tsukiko-pyon » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:14 am

idjits. wrote:

username
    aristocrat.
    name of the mutato
    errantia aviator is latin for 'wandering aviator'. an aviator is a person involved in flying an aircraft.
    as a creature who can fly, a butterfly could be considered an aviator in some minds, as it directs it's
    wings as if it were a pilot on a plane. butterflies constantly move around, wandering from
    place to place, which is why i thought the name of errantia aviator, or wandering aviator, would

no matter what color, what size, i dreamed about butterflies. what seemed like millions of them,
    swarming around me and coating me in a brilliant ball of happiness. they always seemed
    familiar to me in a way that i couldn't explain, but yet they changed in every dream, with their
    patterns and actual selves. all except one. he was my friend, but not my friend. we were
    constantly trying to outdo each other, in everything. there was nothing we wanted
    more than to be better than the other. in the midst of our competing, we sort of... bonded.
    we became friends.

but everyone grows up. i left behind my dreams and my friend for things i could do in reality.

as a mutato i was in the air most of my life. i always loved flying, which is a common trait among us,
    of course. but still, there was this pull towards flying that had me captivated, entranced, even.
    my entire world revolved around what i could do up in the air but couldn't do on the
    ground. i've heard of the saying freedom isn't free, but when i was in the air, flying high,

eventually, my memories faded into new experiences and i forgot about my dreams. there was

i lived out my life like any other mutato: flying, resting, pacing, and repeating the process.
    one day, i had just arrived somewhere. i don't actually quite remember where it was, but it
    would outside and there were all sorts of peaceful sounds coming in every direction, coming
    together in a blissful harmony. i had been flying for a long time and settled down to rest for a
    time. i was pacing back and forth, looking about myself to the wonders of the area, when

i thought i was being attacked. attacked by what... me being my mindless self, i have no idea what
    i thought was attacking me. i pawed at it in defense, stumbling away and onto my back. something
    landed on my cute little nose and i tried to focus in on what it was. what a strain on my eyes,
    that was! the creature eventually fluttered off, making itself apparent. it was a butterfly. he seemed

and then i thought about something i had said to myself. "they always seemed familiar to me in a way
    that i couldn't explain." it had taken me a very long while, but i remembered my dreams, my friend.
    i think he remembered me as well, because the next thing he did was fly up, up very high.

it was a challenge. the obvious had become apparent to me once again, and memories of our constant
    battling came to me.

a squeak was uttered, my squeak, and a raced up in the air after him. i bounced up and down for a
    moment, watching my long-time-long-time-ago friend, waiting for his next move. the butterfly
    danced in the air, making loops and invisible designs. a tiny smirk edged it's way across my face, and
    i began to swirl around and around. at one point in this, maybe just a few moments into my spinning,

i went up as far as i could go, still spinning, when i began to slowly shift my way down. slowly turned
    into quickly, and quickly turned into speedily, and speedily turned into a rapid spiral. i was just
    inches from the surface of my world when i stopped. stopped. floating to the ground, i dipped my head
    in a bow.

the butterfly was staring at me. i stared at him in return. this went on for a moment before a slow

i did remember the challenges we both had, but at first i couldn't quite recall why i had constantly

personality
    ImageImage

avi is quite the complicated little fellow. true to his name, this mutato is constantly wandering around from place to place. some may glance at him, and pass him by for just another cute mutato, but he isn't. avi longs to be different, unique in a way that others of his species aren't. if you tear that confident façade down, one shall only see a small mutato with a big dream. but of course, that doesn't mean he isn't confident. he often uses his confidence to mask some emotions he'd rather keep to himself. but at times he can get cocky and, though very rarely, vain. it's obvious that avi is competitive. whatever challenge, whatever test, he will do it. he loves to win, loves that savoring glory that seems to flake around him if he succeeds.
    but he's wasting his talents for petty challenges. avi is, though some things say against this,
    actually very intelligent. though perhaps cunning would hold a better use. he's good
    with words, able to twist them into something completely new. he can be crafty at times, being

i hope this was okay!

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1867561][img]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/203/b/3/mutato_124_small_by_tsukiko_pyon-d6eo6mq.gif[/img][/url]
Last edited by Tsukiko-pyon on Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Tsukiko-pyon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Evil Muffin Overlord » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:07 pm

This is quite lovely, Black Rose! ^.^ I'm not trying out, but I wish everyone else luck!
I AM THE EVIL MUFFIN OVERLORD FEAR MY AWESOME POWER

Also, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM EATING ME
AND MY MINIONS!
Yes, we understand that we are muffins,
but we are not edible, we are evil!
Being eaten always takes away precious
time and resources, as well as degrades
our honor. So please, if you value your
life and your goodness as a person,
don't eat the muffins. Please. For
your sake, and ours.

Characters, roleplay open for all.

My Lovely JBD Bauble!
Evil Muffin Overlord

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchSoul0123 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:19 am

Thanks Pie-san^^
I was lucky to get this guest artist position^^
WitchSoul0123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchSoul0123 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:11 am

Am I allowed to extend the end date if there are no entries, or is there some other thing...
WitchSoul0123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Evil Muffin Overlord » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:13 am

I will enter!
Username: Piefairie-x
Name of Mutatoe: Shmetterlinge ( I think that's how it's spelled...). Her nickname would just be Linge.
Reason for name: It means Butterflies in German. ^.^
Story about her and a Butterfly: One day, Linge was walking home, and she saw a beautiful monarch butterfly WIP
I AM THE EVIL MUFFIN OVERLORD FEAR MY AWESOME POWER

Also, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM EATING ME
AND MY MINIONS!
Yes, we understand that we are muffins,
but we are not edible, we are evil!
Being eaten always takes away precious
time and resources, as well as degrades
our honor. So please, if you value your
life and your goodness as a person,
don't eat the muffins. Please. For
your sake, and ours.

Characters, roleplay open for all.

My Lovely JBD Bauble!
Evil Muffin Overlord

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Akami-chan » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:51 pm

Yes you may always extend the end date!
ImageImageImageImage
Akami-chan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby city, » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:41 am

username
    aristocrat.
    name of the mutato

we became friends.

battling came to me.

in a bow.

personality
    ImageImage

i hope this was okay!
city,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchSoul0123 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:18 am

let's kill tonight, wrote:

username
    aristocrat.
    name of the mutato

we became friends.

battling came to me.

in a bow.

personality
    ImageImage

i hope this was okay!

Congratz! This little critter is all yours now^^
so, yeah! Contest ended!
WitchSoul0123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me