Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Spirit Koi Adopts by Poofycat

Based on Click to view
Artist Poofycat [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 8 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by zelay

by zelay

by *BYE*

Spirit Koi Adopts

Postby Poofycat » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:27 am

What are Spirit Koi?
Spirit Koi are the spirits of small bodies of water; mainly ponds, but also rivers, lakes, and streams. They control certain things in each pond, like the changing of seasons, plant life, or the time of night or day. They are much larger than regular koi, usually about as big as a medium-sized dog, and some have young regular koi as companions.

Rules
Read this whole page, especially if you plan on drawing for this adoption center. It's long, but it's important.
No begging.
We do not do customs, though you might be able to earn a custom in the future.
The staff can get customs, including the mods, archivist, etc. If you are part of the staff but are not an artist, please ask an artist and you can work with them on your custom.
You can own as many as you want, but don't expect to be given all the koi you try for.
Do not steal the species or someone else's Koi.
Do not ask to be an artist or a part of he staff if slots are not open.
you can mini-mod.
If you no longer want your koi, please tell the artist so they can revamp it and put it back for adoption, or, if you would like to gift it, tell the artist who you are gifting it to and if you or the person you are gifting it to would like it revamped.
If you have any suggestions for new designs or items, feel free to post! :D

Items
Spirit koi can have many items; not all of them have certain items while some items are required on all koi. Here are the items and their explanations and properties.
Top body cloth-This is required on all koi. It is always the darker cloth, though we have not yet detormined its purpose.
Bottom body cloth-Not all koi have it. It is always te lighter color. If the koi has a lantern, however, it must be there to hold the lantern, and it is usually only there if the koi has a lantern, though there have been cases of the koi wearing this cloth but not posessing a lantern.
Lantern-Lanterns are only present if the koi also has a bottom cloth. Not all koi have lanterns. They are used to guide lost or tired travelers to the safety of the pond and the plants by it, where the soft jingling of the beads on the lantern lulls them to sleep, and the koi replenishes their strength and heals their wounds, then sets a strong sense of direction in their minds. When the person wakes up, all they remember about how they got there is the sense of tranquility and the sound of gently chiming beads. The lsnterns never go out, even underwater, though when evil is near, the light dims. No being has seen what powers this mystical light and how come it never goes out.
Mask-The masks must always be with a chinese coin bracelet. The mask allows thgem to take on a different form, most commonly that of a dragon, There is always a kanji on the mask that means something that has to do with the koi, its pond, or its powers. if the koi does not have a mask, the kanji is painted on one of their silk cloths.
Chinese coin bracelet-Controls how many times a koi takes on a different spirit form. Each time they "shapeshift," a coin disappears from the bracelet. When only one coin is left, the koi uses it to become a stag and run for one day and one night until it reaches a river with a strong current. It turns back into a koi and travels against the current for four more days and nights, reaching The legendary Dragon's Gate, swimming to the top, and being granted the body of a dragon to fly to a high cliff and entering the cave at the top. I have followed my own koi on this journey, but no other being is allowed into the cave other than the koi, so all we know is that when the koi flies out of the cave in its dragon form, its bracelet is renewed and has all the coins again. The koi must then fly for five days and nights until it returns to its pond. The cliff and the ponds of all the koi are somehow triangulated so that it takes all koi the same amount of time on the journey, even though some ponds are scattered farther away.
Flower-Only the seasonal koi have flowers, though there are a lot of seasonal koi. The flower is always one of the main colors of the opposite season. For instance: a Summer koi with a blue flower or a Fall koi with a pink flower.
Raindrop stone-all koi have raindrop stones on their fereheads. There is no know reason for this. Raindrop stones are worn by water and given streaking patterns and markings. (artists, to make the raindrop stone's color, lock alpha the raindrop stone's color layer and draw random vertical lines with a size 1 brush. then use the finger tool to streak it. Raindrop stones are usually musky colors, like brown and gray, though second-common are the teal ones.)
Fin cloth-silk that wraps around the fins. Only the Major koi have this; they are koi with greater power. Ex: Sun koi, moon koi, Spring koi.

I hope you all like these and wish you luck on your journey to find a Spirit Koi to bond with. :)
Last edited by Poofycat on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poofycat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Spirit Koi Adopts (no posting)

Postby Poofycat » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:43 pm

Guest artist slots are: Open/Closed _____________Apprentice slots are: Open/Closed

Artist and guest artist rules
You must first be an apprentice to become a wandering artist.
You must be a guest artist before becoming an apprentice.
Guest artists can make 3 koi.
On the path to becoming an artist, you must first be a guest artist. If the artists would like you to join us as an official artist in the future, we will ask you if you would like to be one and nominate you as an "apprentice" when apprentice slots open. Apprentices can design a koi at any time, though make less than the artists. after you have made several koi, you will be welcomed as an artist.
Apprentice slots open only every few months, though it also depends on how well we like your designs.
There are most commonly only up to 2 apprentices at a time, though there is usually only one or no apprentices.
There are only two guest artists chosen each time slots open.
We are looking for mods, simply ask if you would like to be one! :D
We are looking for an Archivist who will make a seperate forum and post the koi and their owners there.
The koi must be a natural koi color and markings, though it usually has extra unnatural markings.
Here's a koi fish type goide to help you (the first picture): http://fishgirlskoipond.blogspot.com/20 ... d-koi.html
Follow the species rules.
We might have more artist slots available in the future, we'll just have to see how it works out!
Ask me before making a major koi.
Mods
Artists
1.poofycat
2.iReload
Apprentices
Guest Artists
1. zelay
2. The Invisible One
3. Cayla
Guest Artist form
Code: Select all
username:
Have you read all the rules?
One fact about the spirit koi:
How many koi are you allowed to make?
Would you like to later become an apprentice, then official artist?
Other:
Last edited by Poofycat on Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Poofycat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Poofycat » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:16 am

Warnings:
None
Bans:
None yet! Let's try and keep it like this. :)
Poofycat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Poofycat » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:21 pm

Affilates
Just ask if you would like to be affilates, we're always looking for some! :D
Poofycat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Poofycat » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:48 pm

possible reserve
Poofycat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Spirit Koi Adopts

Postby Poofycat » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:37 am

possible reserve
Poofycat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Poofycat » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:04 pm

possible reserve
Poofycat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cayla » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:40 am

username:Cayla
Yes all of them
They control certain things in each pond.
How many koi can you make?
About 3
Yes if you like my designs i would love to be one.
Other:I have so many i deas , and such a beautiful speacies.And if you didn't want me to post , pm me and il will delete this.
Last edited by Cayla on Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cayla

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Poofycat » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:52 am

You got the question about how many koi guest artists can make wrong, so when you edit that I'll add your name.
Poofycat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zelay » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:07 am

username:
Zelay
Yes, I have.
They control certain things the the pond/etc. That they live in.
How many koi can you make?
As many as I can do, which is 3.
Possibly if I have enough time.
Other:
Thanks for the opportunity, I would love being a guest artist! I truly have many ideas of how to design.
Last edited by zelay on Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
█████ ███████████████
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Lights are Currently OFF
Treated| 37 Received| 8
▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬
Image Image Image Image
▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬
I am extremely busy with school
and sports. You might not find me as
active :c

zelay

My pets