spirit koi adoption center ideas by Poofycat

Based on Click to view
Artist Poofycat [gallery]
Time spent 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

spirit koi adoption center ideas

Postby Poofycat » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:06 am

my tablet hates it when i try to write. it messes up my handwriting. :P so this is a thread where we can discuss ideas for the new species i created, and the main problem is what all the items mean. a list of all the things to be discussed an ideas for them:
flower-only for the seasonal koi
mask-Turn into other spirits or normal koi? could they turn into other spirits using the mask and into regular koi using something else? also, not all koi have the mask.
Cloth 1-(the orange one in this picture) is on all koi. Would it symbolise something? would the number of cloth the koi has matter?
cloth 2-(The golden one) holds the lantern. That is the main purpose, though is also for decoration. Will have to be there if the lantern is.
Lantern-Not all koi have lanterns. Any ideas?
Chinese coin bracelet-A coin is used up (dissappears) each time the koi _____?
Raindrop stone-required for all koi. Would it have a meaning? Would it be the center of their power? Or not mean anything?
Poofycat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: spirit koi adoption center ideas

Postby Faymutt95 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:41 am

I also think we should get more artists to revamp the lines - make them look more realistic or majestic. c:
Maybe make a line art competition or something.
Will reasonably overpay for this 2012 Summer Event dog

Faymutt95

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Poofycat » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:59 pm

hmm... well, i actually want to have this adoption center open as soon as possible, and a lineart competition might take a while. But what might the lanterns be for? And how might a koi use up their chinese coins? Plus, not many have the bracelets, so it cant be anything too major.
Poofycat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Poofycat » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:07 pm

though i would like to make some new lines later, i think i might have the solution to the other problems. just one thing left to think about: i think the mask could let them turn into other spirits, but they cant do it much and can only turn into another spirit several times in their lives, and a chinese coin disappears from their bracelets each time they do so. Or should the chinese coins disappear each time they turn into regular koi? also, i think the lanterns should be to guide weary travelers or wounded beings to the safety of the trees over the koi's ponds or some bushes nearby, then as the beads jingle in the breeze it causes the travelers to fall asleep, and at night the koi will heal them.
Poofycat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faymutt95 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:02 am

I really like that idea. c:
Hmm, but I think they should be able to turn into other spirits not a few times in their lifetime - but maybe only on a full moon.
And the coins do disappear, but can be rejuvinated at a special pool above or behind a waterfall once they are all gone.
Like, after 4 times of transforming, the coins disappear, then the koi travels to this special place and leaves a type of 'sacrifice' to the spirits in turn giving them the coins back and the ability to transform.
Will reasonably overpay for this 2012 Summer Event dog

Faymutt95

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me