There's Nowhere... by Rebel Faery

Based on Click to view
Artist Rebel Faery [gallery]
Time spent 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

There's Nowhere...

Postby Rebel Faery » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:23 am

Just a short(ish) backstory for this charrie of mine. Hope you like it...
((Her name is Xandra, pronounced Ka-san-druh))

Xandra never knew her parents. They had disappeared on July 16th and never come back. Xandra- who was barely a year old at the time- had been moved to live with her Grandparents. She didn't like them much, however; the reason why is soon to be revealed.
Xandra's parents- Zoe and Daiki- hadn't named her. Or, if they had, nobody was to know as they barely spoke to anyone. So when Xandra came to be with her Grandparents, she needed a name. Her Grandmother wanted to call her Zoe, after her mother, but her Grandfather refused. She was named Xandra, meaning crazy. Everybody knew Xandra's parents had been insane, and so it seemed fitting to him to take it out on their daughter.

When Xandra was six, she found her hidden talent- the power to turn invisible. Using this she hid from her Grandparents, until they found out. They put a bell around her neck, so that it would alert them if she came near- a humiliation. Then, her Grandfather locked her in their basement for two days before letting her back up. Her grandparents seemed convinced that she was rotten, useless, a burden to their survival. And so in the following years, Xandra faced many nights in that dark basement, and grew to know the place like the back of her hand.

Down here it was where she discovered her talent for making her tail-tip light up. All she had to do was close her eyes and whisper light-like words: "Illumination. Glow. Shine. Stars. Luminescence." To extinguish it, she did the opposite: "Shadows. Dead. Black. Night. Unlighted."

Now, Xandra found great pleasure in these abilities, but she began to wonder where they had come from. She snuck out of the basement one night, keeping as quiet as she could with that dumb bell, and stole into her mother's old room. It was decorated with red; red walls, curtains, bedspread, even a red dreamcatcher. She found three things that interested her greatly.

The first was an old photo album. It, too, had a red cover, but the pages inside were thick and creamy. In there, she saw pictures of her mother as a girl; rich ginger fur, and the same green of Xandra's eyes. Underneath it was labelled with the month and year. Flicking through the pages, she discovered more and more pictures, each one her mother looking better and healthier. Then she found the first picture of her mother and her father; they were at a party. Her father's black fur and midnight-blue eyes gleamed in the background, while in the foreground her mother and her best friend beamed. After that, her father appeared in more of the photos, until she found their wedding day. After that, there were a few more before Xandra saw a photo of herself, as a kitten. However, her grey eye and odd greyish-blue markings weren't there. After that, there were a few smudged, dark pictures, and then nothing. Just a splash of crimson on the corner of the page.

The second was a yellowing piece of paper, a letter. Xandra read it, not understanding what it meant, but knowing it was something important. It read:
Dear Miss Zoe Crestings,
It is our honour to award you a Ritian Stone for all your hard work. There are seventy-two of the Ritian stones left from the original one hundred, and you are expected at 2am next Sunday to collect it.
Please be informed that Daiki Perins is now in the Hoblet's Hut, where he will remain. We are glad you've helped us detain him; it was of the upmost importance.
Also, be aware that Ritian Stones are dangerous and unpredictable. They are passed through the family, but there is no telling where they will end up. Please also know that anything that happens to you while in possession of a Ritian is not any of our concern.
Yours faithfully,
The council.

The last was a strange, glittering stick carved from smooth wood.

Xandra wrapped these things up in one of her mother's scarlet handkerchiefs and made a run for it. She lived out in the mountains, trying to figure out what had happened to her parents.

-to be continued...-
My Tumblr
I've decided it's time to move on, and so I've quit CS. It's been a good three years, but, well, as of May 2014, I don't think I'll be coming back. I'd like to say thank you, to all of you. Thank you for encouraging me, inspiring me, and being my friends. I've had so much fun, but this is the end. Seeing as this is my last visit, I've changed my username back to the original, Rebel Faery. It's a name that I no longer go by, but a name I'll always remember. I'm so sorry to every fan of TIAJNAD, to everyone that read my writing, to, well, everyone. But it's time to move on. To make like Elsa and let it go. (I was still on CS when Frozen came out. It feels like so long ago.)
let it go, let it go, and I'll rise like the break of dawn
let it go, let it go, that perfect girl is gone
here I'll stand, and here I'll stay
let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
Rebel Faery

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups